GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within

Posted By: Barb

Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/08/13 03:05 PM

I got this classic from GOG. IMO it's still the best adventure game ever. Has anyone had any problems with the GOG version? My problem is in Chapter 2 as Grace - The man fixing the fireplace in her room is supposed to be gone when she comes back to the room after visiting the town. She should be able to get in his toolbox, but he is still there & I can't get the option to look at the toolbox. Any ideas? Thanks,
Barb
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/08/13 03:10 PM

I'm thinking there is probably some action or actions left to do before the man with the toolbox will leave. You could try checking out the UHS hints here for Chapter Two to check and see if there is something left for you to do. wave
Posted By: Susie07

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/08/13 03:22 PM

Hi, Barb!

The most important thing to remember is not to skip any conversations because that can cause you to hit a dead end.

Did you speak to Herr Habermas and Warner Huber in Rittersberg and exhaust all conversation topics? You can try to speak to the Priest, but he doesn't speak English.

Once you have spoken to everyone you can and explored all locations in Rittersberg, the workman should be gone when you return to the castle.

Good luck!

Susan

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/08/13 03:27 PM

Thanks, Marian - I think I've done everything I can do, he just won't leave. I've talked to Gerde, and been to the guesthouse and the town hall. I know there are things you have to do in this game before something will happen, but I really don't think there's anything else to do.
Posted By: judith

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/08/13 07:18 PM

Did you examine the small hole on the side of the fireplace & have Grace comment on it?

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/09/13 10:18 AM

Hi Judith, Unfortunately, if I click anywhere near the fireplace, Grace just says, "he doesn't need my help."

I just wondered if anyone else got this from GOG & had any problems. I guess I'll start chapter 2 over again & see what happens. I don't want to quit!
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/09/13 11:59 AM

did you try to open up the closet door yet? try to open the library? I remember having this too, one of the times I played, but, there was something I didn't click on. did you ask Gerde where the library key was?

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/09/13 01:38 PM

I got it! When I started the chapter over & talked to Grace for the first time, I got the option to ask about the locked door. If it was there the first time, I didn't see it. Anyway, that did the trick! I'm now doing werewolf research! smile

Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/09/13 02:42 PM

Good news, Barb! smile

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/09/13 03:41 PM

Yeah! I just love this game! I wish there were more like it.
Posted By: judith

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/09/13 06:40 PM

Way to go Barb!! It's one of my favorite games.

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/10/13 06:21 PM

Me too Judith. I especially like it when the oh-so-sexy Baron Von Glower appears! lol

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/11/13 03:30 PM

Hi, Barb!

I had to buy a drool bib for Von Glower lol !

Susan
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/11/13 03:44 PM

Aya! me too - click here.

Re: Gabriel Knight 2 - The Beast Within - 07/11/13 07:03 PM

Hi, MaG!

Now where did I put that drool bib evil ! I think my jaw dropped when Von Glower first entered the Hunt Club.

Susan
© 2024 GameBoomers Community