GB HOMEPAGE

the captive curse

Posted By: jazzriver

the captive curse - 08/02/13 09:55 PM

Is the foyer the area you enter when you enter the castle? What am I supposed to do there other than play Monster?
How do I get Anja out of the shop so I can look around?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: the captive curse - 08/02/13 10:24 PM

Hi stonzee,

Yes, the foyer is the area where Lukas is playing.

If you're at the point where you need to get Anja out of the shop, you first need to gain access to the security room, which is a hidden room off the foyer.

If you can work out a way to get Lukas to leave the foyer, he'll leave behind him a clue as how to get into the security room. Did Lukas ask you to distract Karl yet?

luck

Re: the captive curse - 08/02/13 10:34 PM

Oh I'm at the beginning. I've played Raid (which I hated) and several games of Monster.
I've had the water dumped on me. I've looked around the courtyard.
It says on my list to look around the shop so I just wondered how to get her to leave.
I'm sort of wandering around because I don't know where anything is. I have been to the glass shop but there was nothing to do.
I can never find my way around that maze of a castle.
Where do I find a light to explore the well?
Posted By: Marian

Re: the captive curse - 08/02/13 10:39 PM

Have you talked to Karl yet? If not, you should try to find his office in the castle. wave

Re: the captive curse - 08/02/13 10:39 PM

You can have a look around the shop and examine a lot of things with Anja still there. smile

That castle is a labyrinth, I agree.

For the light -- explore the forest and see what you find there.

Re: the captive curse - 08/03/13 06:53 PM

So, I need to go out to the forest at night?

----------------

Yes, I talked to Karl a couple of times. He came to my room when the monster started a fire in the courtyard. I found a doll in the well.

Re: the captive curse - 08/03/13 08:52 PM

I can't recall if the forest is accessible during the day, but you can try at different times to see what's possible. luck

Re: the captive curse - 08/03/13 09:17 PM

Now I'm lost in the forest. How do I get back to the castle? I found a cow phone charm and the bush that the bur is from. But I can't get back to the castle.

Re: the captive curse - 08/03/13 09:21 PM

See if this diagram helps:

MaG's walkthrough also has directions from various points within the forest, so you might check that too if you still have problems. Keep us posted.

Re: the captive curse - 08/03/13 11:38 PM

Yes that does help. Thank you.

Re: the captive curse - 08/04/13 02:17 PM

Great! Have fun.

Re: the captive curse - 08/06/13 08:25 PM

Where do you find the light green tile? I can't find it anywhere.

Re: the captive curse - 08/06/13 08:36 PM

The green glass tile can be found in the furnace room.

Click to reveal..
According to the walkthrough, go to the locked furnace room when you have the key from Karl. From the banquet room, take the left side stairs down to the end. Use the dictionary on the sign on the door -Danger Fire Hazards. Use the glass key on the locked door. Look around. See the furnace at right. Don't open the door yet. Find the missing tile: Check the cabinet-oven ahead, left of the furnace. Take the green glass tile.

wave

Re: the captive curse - 08/06/13 09:07 PM

What exactly is the cabinet-oven? I looked left of the furnace and didn't see anything.

Re: the captive curse - 08/06/13 09:23 PM

It's an oven, but it looks more like a cabinet. It's by the furnace, to the left. wave

Re: the captive curse - 08/06/13 11:13 PM

What is the fastest route to the glass shop?

Re: the captive curse - 08/06/13 11:23 PM

The fastest way is via the gift shop -- enter through there, then out through the arch next to the postcard stand. Go forward and then down the stairs to reach the glass shop.

Re: the captive curse - 08/06/13 11:23 PM

From where? From the gift shop? Or from somewhere else?

I spent a lot of time wandering around in the castle; that is for sure! smile

Thanks, Rushes - I need to replay this game; it's been quite a while since I played it. wave

Re: the captive curse - 08/07/13 12:52 AM

I tried going that way (from the security room) and Nancy says "I need to find the fastest route or I'll be too late." What route is she referring to?

What stairs do you go down from the gift shop? The only stairs go up.

Re: the captive curse - 08/07/13 01:06 AM

Enter Anja's gift shop, then go through the doorway where the postcard stand is (the doorway opposite the counter that Anja stands behind), then go forward and down the stairs to reach the glass shop. wave

Re: the captive curse - 08/08/13 10:33 PM

How do you unlock the cell door? I used the solution stated in the walk through but it doesn't work.

Re: the captive curse - 08/08/13 10:41 PM

I used that solution in the walkthrough and it did in fact work for me. I would try doing it over again if you haven't already.

Quote:
The aim of the puzzle is to let the released bar on the left move to the right without touching any of the knobs.

There are 4 buttons at the bottom that depresses the knobs.

Release the bar by flipping the clasp. The bar moves.

Press the correct button below to depress the knob that is in the way of the bar.

Be sure that the bar is clear of knobs behind it before pressing the button to depress the ones in front of it.

From left to right, press buttons: 3, 4, 2, 1, wait, 2, 2 and immediately 3.

wave

Re: the captive curse - 08/08/13 11:57 PM

Oooh you have to release the bar first?! Ha ha I wasn't doing that. No wonder it didn't work.
Silly me. Thanks.

Re: the captive curse - 08/08/13 11:59 PM

luck wave
Posted By: cmumm59

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 02:09 PM

Help! This is going to sound dumb, but I keep wandering around the castle and I can't find Nancy's room. Markus keeps telling me to call on the land line but I can't find it.

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 02:32 PM

Hi cmumm,

If you can make your way to the main foyer, then:

Climb the stairs to the mezzanine... Enter through the doors... Go forward to the wide landing... Climb the stairs on either side of the wide landing. Go forward to the balcony at other side.
See a door with Nancy's name on it.

luck
Posted By: MaG

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 02:34 PM

Start at the foyer of the castle.

Climb the stairs to the mezzanine.

Enter through the doors.

Go forward to the wide landing.

Climb the stairs on either side of the wide landing.

Go forward to the balcony at other side.

See a door with Nancy's name on it. Enter and look around. luck

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 03:13 PM

Thank you both.

---------------------

Once I go through the door do I go up the stairs?

Is it off the near landing or the far one?

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 03:41 PM

Yes, go up the stairs from the double doors. That'll lead out to the wide landing, where there are stairs leading forward on either side of it. Don't turn around to take the landing behind you -- you need to move forward. smile Take either set of stairs -- they'll both lead you forward to the other side, where you'll come to a door with a large sign on it with Nancy's name.

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 03:53 PM

Sorry to be so dense but I still can't find it. When I go to the wide landing (past the wood floor to the marble) I see stair cases going down on either side but none going up. I can see Nancy's room in front of me but I can't figure out how to get there.

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 03:58 PM

No problem. Take a peek at THIS YouTube video, which shows the route. It starts at around 3min 15sec. Hope that helps!

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 06:25 PM

Finally found it!!!

Re: the captive curse - 08/20/13 06:28 PM

yay

That castle is SO easy to get lost in. woozy

Re: the captive curse - 08/26/13 07:25 PM

I am in the underground passage. The walkthrough says I am supposed to find a page torn from a book but instead I found a map of the passages. Am I doing something wrong?

Also the passages take me to a secret entrance to Nancy's room, not to the woods.

Re: the captive curse - 08/26/13 08:06 PM

There's a lot to find in the underground passages and it doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong. The passageways have four entrances. If you look at MaG's walkthrough, you will see that the top one leads to the dungeon, the bottom/right one leads to the forest, the leftmost passage leads to Nancy's room, and the other passage leads to the well. I would just continue to explore. smile

Re: the captive curse - 08/28/13 11:36 PM

I am trying to do the glass tile puzzle but the game won't let me turn the glass pieces around.

Re: the captive curse - 08/28/13 11:43 PM

Are you doing this:

Left click to pick up a tile and right click to turn it.

I think you need to be holding the piece before right clicking to turn it.

Re: the captive curse - 08/29/13 10:10 PM

Tried that but tiles still won't turn. Maybe there is a glitch in my game?

Re: the captive curse - 08/29/13 10:28 PM

Did you find the two missing tiles first?

...from the (blue glass) stained glass window and the (green glass) oven in the furnace...

Re: the captive curse - 09/03/13 05:29 PM

Yes.

Re: the captive curse - 09/03/13 06:31 PM

Try Left click to pick it up.
Drop-release it in the place you want.
Then right click to rotate. See if that works.

Re: the captive curse - 09/04/13 09:25 PM

Thanks. I finally got the purple & lavender glass to turn.

Re: the captive curse - 09/05/13 05:45 PM

I could swear I dug up the necklace but it's not in my inventory.

Re: the captive curse - 09/05/13 05:55 PM

Do you have page 11 of the legend papers in your inventory? You need to have that paper in your inventory in order to dig up the necklace. wave

Re: the captive curse - 09/09/13 12:23 AM

I checked and I do have page 11. I had the necklace but now it's gone.

Re: the captive curse - 09/09/13 12:44 AM

The necklace is a round pendant on a chain - do you have anything like that in your inventory? wave

Re: the captive curse - 09/09/13 02:23 AM

No. Can I get a save or should I go back to the campground and try to dig it up again?

Went back to the campground. Nothing there.

Re: the captive curse - 09/09/13 03:06 AM

I sent you a saved game with the passages done. Hope that is close enough for you to work on.

Re: the captive curse - 09/09/13 03:41 PM

I have the necklace now. Thank you.

Re: the captive curse - 09/09/13 07:00 PM

Have fun!

Re: the captive curse - 09/10/13 01:15 AM

I got the security alert about the monster but I can't get back into the security room. I do the notes on the glockenspiel and the clock activates but no button appears.

Also I'm supposed to talk to Renate in the banquet room but she's not there.

Re: the captive curse - 09/10/13 01:34 AM

Cmumm, I combined your comment about the banquet room with your earlier post so that all the information you gave us would be in one post. If you post a note and then shortly after that think of something that you wish to add, click on "edit" located at the bottom of your post, type the new information that you wish to add and then submit it, and then your additional comment will be added to your original post. wave

Re: the captive curse - 09/10/13 03:15 AM

cmumm59,

Why can't you get into the security room? As soon as you have entered once, you can always go back. Try again.

Also check your To Do list.

Re: the captive curse - 09/11/13 03:56 PM

I tried again but no luck. Also checked off everything I could on the to do list but it didn't change anything.

Re: the captive curse - 09/11/13 04:12 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't need to redo the puzzle each time you want to enter the security room after the first time. If you go to the area where the secret door is, is there a hand cursor or similar to allow you to enter? The button may not be relevant now.

Re: the captive curse - 09/11/13 11:21 PM

I can't seem to get any kind of cursor except on the glockenspiel.

Re: the captive curse - 09/11/13 11:40 PM

Take a look at the first few seconds of this video. It shows the player entering the security room again after having unlocked it and having already been there before.

entrance to security room

Re: the captive curse - 09/12/13 08:55 PM

I was trying to enter the security room from the wrong place. The video showed me where I needed to go. Thank you.

Re: the captive curse - 09/12/13 09:06 PM

You are welcome. I remember having the same problem myself when I played the game, so thought I would find a video to illustrate exactly where it was. wave

Re: the captive curse - 09/13/13 10:14 PM

Where in Karl's office is the RAID guide to the cards? He keeps catching me in there because I can't find it.

Re: the captive curse - 09/13/13 10:23 PM

When you walk into Karl's office, there is a special display shelf on the right wall. At the bottom of the shelf is the RAID Game Guide. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community