GB HOMEPAGE

Adam's Venture, Solomon's Secret

Posted By: Lozza

Adam's Venture, Solomon's Secret - 09/29/13 04:50 PM

Hi I am finally trying to play The second in the series,Adam's Venture Solomon's Secret, I bought all three last year and could not play the first even with all your help it is just not possible to play. I did talk to the sellers and they once again say that if it downloads it is not faulty! I am hoping to be able to play it on my XP PC as it is due back from the hospital soon. The third one I played and just managed to finish with lots of help and brain work from me. Anyhoo, short of adventure games to play I finally unwrapped no two. I have managed with some difficulty to get to the part where Adam has to jump over a hole to get onto a wall after getting the rope for the beam to get into a building. I understand the instructions how to do the forward arrow and shift and then space too but I simply cannot get him to the other side! Any suggestions please?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Adam's Venture, Solomon's Secret - 09/29/13 04:59 PM

Hi Lozza,

If this is the part you are at, the timing on it sounds vital -- (from MaG's walkthrough):

Press-HOLD the up arrow.
Shift to run on the first marker on the floor and immediately (on the next marker) press space bar to jump to get on the other side of the hole on the floor. (Use up arrow-shift key; still holding up arrow-spacebar.)

Are you observing the markers?

I haven't played the game, so hopefully someone who has will be able to offer other tips if they have them. luck

Re: Adam's Venture, Solomon's Secret - 09/29/13 05:29 PM

I am hopefully doing as you have described. I hold the up arrow and the shift till he gets to the first marker then as he touches down on that I press the space bar and he jumps right into the hole again!

Re: Adam's Venture, Solomon's Secret - 11/05/13 05:37 PM

Hello, just to let you know I have waited till my PC returned from the hospital and continued with the game on that. I did indeed manage to jump the span with ease. All went well till suddenly about a third of the way into the game it was shut down by a Windows error saying it had found an error in the game, and had to shut down! Is there any way to get past this, and why did it come up please?
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Adam's Venture, Solomon's Secret - 11/05/13 05:45 PM

Well done on getting past that tricky spot!

Did you try loading your last save and playing again to the point where it crashed? It could just be a random error. If it crashes again at the same point, then Glitches forum might be the best place to post for advice (with your computer specs). They may know of a patch or a workaround.

Edit: I see you've already posted at Glitches. Good luck! luck

Re: Adam's Venture, Solomon's Secret - 11/05/13 06:08 PM

Thank you for replying. I have used the resume button several times and it still comes up I am afraid. Yes I tried Glitches but no repies as yet.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community