GB HOMEPAGE

Older game...Mummy Tomb of the Pharoah....1996 saving game

Posted By: linda333

Older game...Mummy Tomb of the Pharoah....1996 saving game - 10/22/13 05:23 AM

T played this game when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Now I am trying to play it again but I can't remember exactly how to save a game. The space bar brings up a menu for load, save and exit game....but when I now try to save my game I know I have to do that in a windows save format...it comes up like this *sav...but no matter what I type in after that it won't save the game for me. I am playing in windows XP home editon...and the game does seem to run o.k. It is just the correct wording to save my game that has me stumped. I have tried all sorts of wording but nothing works...thanks for any suggestions.
Posted By: traveler

Re: Older game...Mummy Tomb of the Pharoah....1996 saving game - 10/22/13 06:01 AM

Linda,

At a guess, what about typing it in before?
Like "mummy.sav"?

Gil.

Re: Older game...Mummy Tomb of the Pharoah....1996 saving game - 10/22/13 06:30 AM

Will give that a try! Thanks...

Re: Older game...Mummy Tomb of the Pharoah....1996 saving game - 10/23/13 06:11 PM

Well that doesn't seem to work either. Does anyone
remember exactly what to do to save in this manner? I don't know why it won't accept anything as a save...it seems you have to use their form as *sav then type in something....I know I had no problems saving when I played this game a long time ago. Thanks for any tips...
Posted By: Marian

Re: Older game...Mummy Tomb of the Pharoah....1996 saving game - 10/23/13 06:42 PM

Hi Linda, I just found a post from 2006 on GameBoomers talking about how to save a game in Mummy: Tomb of the Pharaoh; this person said that hitting Control + S created a game save. You might want to try that. wave

Controls for Mummy: Tomb of the Pharaoh:

File Menu Alt-F
New Game Ctrl-N
Open Game Ctrl-O
Save Game Ctrl-S
Exit Ctrl-Q

Re: Older game...Mummy Tomb of the Pharoah....1996 saving game - 10/23/13 10:09 PM

Hi, yes it does bring to the save menu but it only puts in the *sav. You still have to create a name for the save. But everything I have tried so far just won't work....thanks though. I did eventually manage to save a game. Not even sure how I did it...(after tying so many time) but when I went back into the game later the save wasn't there. So now I am trying to find it lol...but will keep at it.
I am sure the issues I am experiencing are because this is an older game. Thanks for your suggestions...
© 2024 GameBoomers Community