GB HOMEPAGE

Showing Appreciation.

Posted By: Mad

Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 07:30 PM

Hi smile

We are all aware of how hard MaG works - providing us with this safe and happy site to visit whenever we wish.

Plus for many years she has also been known (on the Web, not just here at Gameboomers) as a renowned writer of top notch game walkthroughs.

All of which demands hours and hours of her time and energy and yet all of which never costs us a penny.

So I have been feeling really sad lately that practically the moment a new game is announced, the pesterings for a walkthrough begin.

This lady has never let us down so surely there’s no need to pressure her.
A little patience on our part isn’t very much to ask, after all.

Cheers.

Mad thumbsup
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 07:35 PM

Thank you, Mad. I feel exactly the same way.

The walkthroughs that MaG provides are *free*. She is not paid to write them. It disturbs me when members continually pester for a walkthrough on a particular game so that MaG feels *obliged* to write one... frown

We are so very lucky for MaG's walkthroughs, yes indeed. hearts But please, don't hassle or pressure her.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 07:41 PM

Ditto to what Mad and Rushes said. hearts wave
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 07:42 PM

I agree, MaD..

We all love MaG's Wt's, but we also need to understand she is one person with many job's as well as her personal life...

Love You, MaG
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 08:05 PM

Amen Mad! I cannot agree more!

The other disturbing part is those that critique her WT's to point out things that are not perfect or written in the best way possible. If you are using the WT to get through the game, don't pick on someone who stayed up 3 nights with only a couple hours sleep here and there to get it to you. shame
And if you say you didn't use the WT because you didn't need it but you still critique it because you were checking it, all I can say is you need to find another hobby because that one is all kinds of wrong.

Ana
Posted By: mbday630

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 09:17 PM

Not to mention the time that she takes finding her saved games that people are asking for (some of them old) and sending them to the people that ask for them. I have been the recipient of a couple of her saved games! I have always been in awe of her walkthroughs - and - her patience. but, I'm sure that people that are really stuck in a new game know that they can count on her, and are just letting her know that they really really need her. I do hope she knows how much every one of us appreciate her.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 10:12 PM

Oh my! You have me bawling here.

Thank you for understanding.
It does frustrate me that I am getting slower in doing these for you all. The hands and the brain do not cooperate as before.

I did get ~12 hours sleep in increments in 3 days for Goodbye Deponia. laugh
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 10:24 PM

hearts
Posted By: Chief

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/30/13 11:56 PM

Well said Mad. thumbsup

Chief wave
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/31/13 01:41 AM

MaG's walkthroughs and saves have rescued me countless times. I certainly want to take this opportunity the express my appreciation. There are several people here that make my gaming experience very enjoyable and I hope I never give the impression I take any of them for granted. A very BIG thank you from my heart.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/31/13 02:10 AM

Mag,I,personally, owe you a debt of gratitude. If it weren't for you and our fellow contributors to this forum, I wouldn't have been able to play these
games.I'm a retiree who tries to keep my mind sharp by immersing myself in these adventure games. I used to only play FLIGHT SIM games, due to the fact that I once flew single engine aircraft as a hobby.
Then I decided to play a game known as "MYST". That's when I got "hooked", and the rest is history. I think that I've played almost every adventure game available. I certainly did find walkthroughs, but then I "discovered" GB and the MAGnificent walkthroughs here. I eventually joined this forum, and it's like having another "family" in my life. Thank you, Mag, Chief, Ana, Jenny, and all our other fellow BOOMERS for enhancing my life.
Sandy

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/31/13 02:16 AM

Thank you, all. kissy
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/31/13 02:20 AM

"It does frustrate me that I am getting slower in doing these for you all. The hands and the brain do not cooperate as before."

MaG, It seems to me that sometimes you have the walkthrough posted before the game is even for sale. How can you say you're getting slower?

And aren't you on vacation now?

I agree with what Mad wrote.

I know that hands and brain thing too (and legs)!
Posted By: sanford

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 10/31/13 03:41 AM

Well said, Mad.
Sandy
Posted By: margob

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 12:07 AM

hi mad, rushes, ana and everyone wave

you are all so right, MaG's work is invaluable to all of us.

I joined this forum recently, but have known her work for years , I prefer to play without a walkthrough, but i'm often stuck, and in the past adventure games were more challenging , so I would have given up without her help yes

MaG, thank you for all the hard work thanks , but please slow down a little, noone shoud expect a walkthrough as soon or before a game is out, these days people are spoiled and take everything for granted frown

I believe you are much appreciated by those who matter,
and that what should count wave

margo
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 09:49 AM

I would just like to add my thanks to MaG for all the dedication and hard work that she buts into writing walkthrus. MaG is always there to help and I great appreciate the kind and giving person she has proven herself to be! Thank you MaG for being you! catrub
Posted By: SharonB

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 02:51 PM

I would like to express my appreciation too. Without this site and Mag's walkthrus I would never be able to complete my games. I am always amazed at how quickly her walkthru's come out and am very thankful for her saved games and help to solve problems. Thank you Mag.

I also want to thank all the site workers for their invaluable advice and help to solve problems. I come to this site everyday almost and always learn something new or laugh at some jokes. Thank you all.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 04:06 PM

Thank you Marita. In this day and age when some folks won't even give you the time of day,
you give us your all your time and most of your day. Do you ever sit down and relax and enjoy a game for yourself anymore ? We appreciate all that you do for us. You are loved my dear. Thank you again.

Cathy praise praise
Posted By: Kootsie

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 05:44 PM

Adding my appreciation too. Thanks MaG! pumpkin
Posted By: judith

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 05:45 PM

Thank you Mad for starting this post. GB is my second home & feel very welcome here. There is no Flaming other members like there is on other sites. To MaG praise bravo. You have no idea how many of your walkthroughs I have & rely on. I have absolutely NO sense of direction, so when I need to find out how to get somewhere in a game, I use your walkthrough, or to be honest your "printed" walkthrough. I have an old file cabinet in a room I turned into a library, & they're all filed alphabeticaly, waiting for me when I replay a game. That way I don't have to come out of the game to find out where I messed up. Thank you so much for all your hard work. wave
Posted By: GIOVANNA LARIOU

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 06:10 PM

Thank you so much for what you have done for us all these years, without you we will never have seen the end of the games smile
Posted By: Chief

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 06:24 PM

fall

After doing an approximate count of the number of Walkthroughs MaG wrote, I got 265. urock

Chief wave
Posted By: misslilo

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/01/13 06:36 PM

Ouch - I hope I wasn't the reason for this post smile

I agree with everybody here in their appreciation of MaG. She's sometimes a lifesaver!
I tend to look at her WT's first, then others if I'm still puzzled.

::High Five ::

Re: Showing Appreciation. - 11/02/13 02:10 PM

Thank you all for the very kind words. They really touch me. I appreciate you all. I am just glad that I can help somehow.

Hugs and happy gaming to everyone!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community