GB HOMEPAGE

Sanitarium

Posted By: deleterman

Sanitarium - 12/01/13 12:55 AM

Hi all.just about to start again. I played about 3-4 years ago,so when I go in the game and click load -it shows all my old saves.my question is if I start a new game will those be lost ? thanks.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Sanitarium - 12/01/13 01:05 AM

Hi deleterman,

Apparently there are only 25 save slots in the game. They shouldn't disappear if you start a new game, but as you play on and make new saves you'll eventually have to start over-writing your existing ones anyway -- unless you copy them out to another folder in a different location.

Re: Sanitarium - 12/01/13 01:52 AM

Thank you very much my friend,as I happens I have all 25 slots filled.now the hard part....how do I save them? say to my documents ? is that a good place ? happydance
Posted By: MaG

Re: Sanitarium - 12/01/13 03:01 AM

You can save them in the original saved game folder.
- Make a new folder and label it with your own description.
- copy ALL the saved game files and paste it inside that new folder you made.
- continue to play and overwrite the old files safely.
- when you rewrote those 25 again - then make another folder. luck

Re: Sanitarium - 12/01/13 08:28 PM

Thanks for your response,I have no original saved game folder,I had this game on my old computerand when I got my new one-windows 7 I just downloaded it to my new one ,the only saved game is when I open up the game...for some odd reson,i have no save game file or folder on my new computer that I can find for this game....any thoughts on this??

Re: Sanitarium - 12/02/13 04:40 AM

Do a search so that you can find the saved games folder you made playing on this new computer.
- check the games folder.
- check User folder
- check My Documents folder. luck

Re: Sanitarium - 12/02/13 05:52 PM

Thanks for your response,let me get this strait I need to play this game on my new computer 1st and do a save ? right ?

Re: Sanitarium - 12/02/13 06:07 PM

If you originally played the game on your old computer and are now wanting to play it for the first time on your new machine, then your old saves won't have automatically transferred.

Once you start playing and make your first save, then a save folder will be created.

Re: Sanitarium - 12/02/13 09:08 PM

thanks,but when I go to play on my new computer all 25 saves are in the game if I go to load,but not on any other place that I can find-not in save game file or folder...once I get ready to and make my 1st save wont all my saved game be wiped out ?

Re: Sanitarium - 12/02/13 11:55 PM

I'm scratching my head as to how your old saves can be on your new computer, when you say that you previously installed and played the game on a different machine. The only way the saves could be transferred is if you transferred them manually -- which you apparently didn't do.

When installing a game on a different machine, old saves are not transferred.

Some games come with preinstalled saves. Evil Under the Sun is one example I can think of.

Did you try running a file search as MaG suggested, to try and find the save location?

In the majority of cases, starting a new game will not delete existing save files.

headscratch smile

Re: Sanitarium - 12/03/13 03:03 AM

thank you , I will try like you said.hope it all works out.thanks again.oh btw I downloaded this game to my old computer from GOG on line does that matter ?just a thought.

Re: Sanitarium - 12/03/13 03:53 PM

Where you download it from shouldn't make a difference. smile

luck and enjoy the game!

Re: Sanitarium - 12/03/13 07:10 PM

thanks guys,on ward -playing Jack Keane I thought it was the latest one but no !-the walkthrough is November 2007...only about half way so it going to be some time..

Re: Sanitarium - 12/16/13 01:29 AM

just finished -jack keane and the dokktor' island..very good game BTW..

Re: Sanitarium - 12/16/13 03:02 AM

Great! Glad you finished this 2 games.

Re: Sanitarium - 12/17/13 03:34 AM

Now on to Sanitarium ! I'm going to end up in the nut house !I checked every place in my computer and there is no saved game files any place.. hardwall every game but this one..any way started playing and got to the spot with the TV & VCR played and the short circuit happened ? a message came up and it closed the game down ? restarted the game and went to save game and luck would have it I just click on the old save and can keep going.. rah any thoughts on that blip that shut down the game ? devilchili

Re: Sanitarium - 12/19/13 06:23 AM

restarted game and every thing is working good now..

Re: Sanitarium - 12/19/13 05:19 PM

Glad you're progressing now, deleterman.

Re: Sanitarium - 12/20/13 08:51 PM

yikes , just keeping getting the same old thing -shutdown... so I had to go back to GOG.COM and redown load game !!now I have no saved games..clean slate.so I will have to start at day one.. rah

Re: Sanitarium - 12/20/13 11:20 PM

You will then be an expert on this game. Have fun - it is a classic.

Re: Sanitarium - 12/21/13 04:47 AM

thanks, this will be the second time at this...the last puzzle is the hardest... :hard :but it is a great game.. rah I know I will in up in the nuthouse..but what the hell. devilchili

Re: Sanitarium - 12/27/13 02:48 AM

Yikes -just hit a bad spot in the road to the Hive-it's the furnace puzzle...anyone know the easy walkthrough to use ? I have been using the one by Jaime Hsian.and the other one is by CRASH ..1 is one way and the other is another way.help !! hardwall
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sanitarium - 12/27/13 02:58 AM

Maybe this video walkthrough of the puzzle here would help? luck

Re: Sanitarium - 12/27/13 03:02 AM

You can also check -Sanitarium walkthroughs here.

Re: Sanitarium - 12/27/13 04:45 AM

rahthanks for the walkthrough thanks now I know what to do... devilchili

Re: Sanitarium - 01/01/14 04:04 AM

Hi, happy new year ! just finished the last puzzle ,that was the best.thanks for all the help ! rah devilchili

Re: Sanitarium - 01/01/14 04:47 AM

Wonderful! newyear
Posted By: Marian

Re: Sanitarium - 01/01/14 04:49 AM

Congratulations! dance

Re: Sanitarium - 01/01/14 06:13 AM

thanks guys for all your help and patience newyear devilchili
© 2024 GameBoomers Community