GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device

Posted By: Mystic Falls

Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/03/13 05:21 AM

I was given this game last Christmas and have finally started to play it (via Steam). Have MaG's w/through (very helpful, as always).

Most things I have (eventually) worked out but I am now getting frustrated.

Page 24 of MaG's W/through says:

3D printer area ... "take out the part made from the pattern given by Ryan".

I've no idea what that means. What part? I have gone back to Ryan and she has no information.

Wandering, hopelessly, around and getting nowhere.

Please help.
Posted By: LadyLinda

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/03/13 02:08 PM

This is referring to the Large Tesla Coil.
There is a drawer that you pull out - it has a missing area that you create a 3D part for.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/03/13 03:56 PM

Thanks, LadyLinda.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/03/13 08:14 PM

Thank you. I will see what I can find later today.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/04/13 08:27 AM

I am still having problems ... my patience has gone ---->

Anyone got a save? Please? I'm even playing as the amateur. LOL

Nancy Drew hasn't never been a favourite. A male friend (with no idea)gave it to me. LOL
Posted By: MaG

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/04/13 03:57 PM

MysticFalls,

I sent you a saved game after getting the missing part.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/04/13 09:09 PM

Thanks MaG but I am way past that bit. It is the capacitors puzzle that I am having a problem solving. Once that is solved it says:-

"Repair the Tesla coil:

Go up to the control booth ..... etc"

Thanks.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/04/13 10:51 PM

I sent you another one. Hope this is what you need.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/05/13 03:27 AM

Yes, it was, many thanks MaG.

I am not real keen on Nancy Drew games, it was a gift, some of the puzzles are extremely frustrating and my patience is getting very slim as I age.

I actually went back and finally got that capacitors puzzle done, the reason I hadn't got it was to do with the labels!

I am now about to enter Niko's hideout! Hopefully I won't have any more frustrating moments.

Thanks again, MaG. I wouldn't be able to play these games without your excellent Walkthroughs.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/05/13 04:25 PM

You're welcome.
Have fun at ending.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/12/13 10:01 AM

Help, again. Timed sequence ... very annoying.

I have the piece of tape and the key from the desk. Used the tape on the fingerprint but before I can "pull back and see the piece of paper on the floor" .... along comes whatshisface and I am DEAD MEAT!

Save, pretty please MaG.

I am determined to finish this game as it was a gift ... otherwise I would have packed it in ages ago!

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/12/13 06:07 PM

I forgot to post. lol I sent you a saved game earlier.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/13/13 09:28 AM

Thanks MaG. Got it.

Only 5 pages to go with your brilliant w/thru .... can you feel me dragging my feet on this game?

Why would anyone think of giving me a Nancy Drew game? Via Steam. Too. It's like giving a person soap for Christmas ...... nice thought but you really don't need soap that smells like lavender. LOL

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/14/13 03:02 AM

lol Good luck.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/23/13 06:31 AM

Grrr. I've been busy, what with Christmas shopping and all, and finally got back to this game today with the hope to finish it! Nope. Got to (your heading, MaG) "Get the USB out of Niko's study" where I am supposed to insert the rocket flash drive (which I have)in the USB port. All Nancy says is "Mmmm" in various tones. So I am stuck, yet again!

HELP.

PS. If you are too busy, I am sure I will survive without help. I have obviously missed something. However, I am frustrated!

Merry Christmas to All at Gameboomers.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/23/13 01:04 PM

Did you make the Faraday cage yet, and have it in inventory? Did you talk to Ellie and Gray?

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/24/13 07:38 AM

Thank You.

Yes did all that. I am following MaG's W/t. The part that is not working is when I go back to Niko's office.

"look close at monitor. Insert rocket flash in the USB drive" ....

Where is the USB drive? I inserted the "books" (or whatever they were called) in the "disk drive" but that is entirely different to an USB drive! The rocket flash drive doesn't seem to fit. Nancy says so. LOL

Yes, I have the Faraday box in the inventory. I even went back and redid this to make sure I had spoken to everyone.

Grrr

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/24/13 09:26 AM

I am sorry to say this but MaG's W/t was very wrong in this instance. I needed to Google and found that the actual "Nicko's Study" area in MaG's W/t was NOT Niko's Office but his
"secret" area in the Laboratory!

It might be an idea to change that in MaG's W/thru for us dummies who go by your W/t word-by-word!

Seasons Greetings!

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/24/13 10:13 AM

The term Niko's study is the one used by the game itself to describe the place under the lab; check the To Do list.
If you followed the walkthrough as you stated "word for word" - then you will note that it is also the term used when you opened that door. Several steps before this part.
It is a study and not a lab.

Re: Nancy Drew 27 : Deadly Device - 12/25/13 04:49 AM

Sorry MaG. That didn't come out the way I wanted. My apologies.

Edit:

Finished the game! Thank you for the W/t.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community