GB HOMEPAGE

secret files - sam peters

Posted By: robert gray

secret files - sam peters - 03/08/14 08:45 PM

hello, i have moved the orange bin to the kerb stone. how do i get the trash collector truck to arrive? several minutes have elapsed, robert.
Posted By: Marian

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/08/14 10:05 PM

Hi, Robert - it sounds to me, from looking at the walkthrough, that the truck automatically arrives when you have done everything you are supposed to, so perhaps you are missing an action that triggers the arrival of the truck.

Have you done all of the following?

Quote:
Trash collection: Check the sign and letters in the letterbox right of the gate. It states that the paper wastes are picked up first; followed by the biological wastes. The bulky stuff are picked up tomorrow.

See the paper waste picked up the truck. The security camera pans to the truck.

Examine the orange bio bin, blue paper waste bin and the bulky trash bin. Pick up the carpet on the bulky stuff bin.

Divert the security camera: Examine the wall right of gate. Use the carpet on wall and Sam will say to wait because of the security camera.

Examine the kerb stone in front of the gate.

Move the orange bin to the kerb stone - away from the wall that Sam checked.

Few minutes later; the trash collector truck arrives

You could also try restoring to an earlier save point and play this section of the game over - hopefully that won't be necessary. Good luck! wave

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 12:31 AM

hi Marian, i have really messed things up with the laptop's 020486 password. how do i go back? robert.
Posted By: MaG

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 01:31 AM

Robert,
If error is made, use the laptop's delete(back) key.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 03:50 PM

hi Mag, after Sam decides to sleep, where and how do i see the red-eyed vampires of the Ashanti legends? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 04:20 PM

Hi Robert, it sounds like seeing the vampires happens automatically if you have done everything necessary to this point. Have you read the documents on the laptop describing the Ashanti Legend? Have you looked at the maps and checked the weather, music, and email?

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 06:44 PM

hi Marian, i think i have done everything to this point. the only thing is i might not have placed the sensors correctly, i am pretty sure i have, but how do i check to make sure? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 08:05 PM

I would check that your sensors are placed correctly by comparing them to the screenshots in MaG's walkthrough. Let us know if you still need help. wave

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 08:33 PM

hi Marian, for some reason i do not have a sensor placed 90% left of hut supposed to be in place already. i have 1 unused sensor left. am i supposed to? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 08:50 PM

All the sensors should be placed, I believe.

Try watching this video walkthrough about sensor placement; maybe this will help:

Sensor placement

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 11:30 PM

thanks Marian, how do i go back to pre-sensor placement so that i may place the sensors correctly. robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/14/14 11:35 PM

If my memory serves me right, you can take them off again reposition them. Click on a sensor and see if it goes back to inventory.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/15/14 12:28 AM

thanks Mag, i've replaced all sensors. what do i do now please, robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/15/14 01:26 AM

Robert,

If you do it correctly, Sam will say she will sleep. If she doesn't say it something is still wrong or not done.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/15/14 02:28 PM

hi Mag, i must have done something wrong or missing. can you think of what it might be? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/15/14 06:39 PM

Robert,

- Study the map of the camp. Note the positions of the motion sensors.
- Place the sensors on those location.
- Check the label of those sensors to verify that they are the same as that in the walkthrough.
- be sure that you have fire in the fire pit.
- Read all what can be read in the laptop. luck

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/15/14 11:40 PM

thanks very much Mag. we are back in business again. it was a big help identifying each sensor by degrees. robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/16/14 12:33 AM

Glad to hear you can move on with the game. wave

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/17/14 04:35 PM

hi Marian, i have entered the cave after putting in ingredients and lighting pot-THE BOWL?? with lighter. where do i find resin to place in the clay bowl after enTering? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/17/14 04:49 PM

Hi Robert, this question was asked by another GameBoomer recently, and here is the answer that Rushes gave:

Quote:
From just outside the cave, go Left, then Middle, and you should see a chunk of resin to pick up. (Paraphrasing from MaG's walkthrough.)

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/18/14 12:03 AM

hi Marian, i think i erred in lighting the pot with ingredients at the asanbosam cave instead of bowl.i thought it was a typo - was it? anyway, how do i recover?

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/18/14 12:38 AM

The cleansing part before entering the cave is necessary. I think that is what you meant.

The lighting of the bowls in specific rooms in the cave means:
- go to those rooms with wall drawings.
- see a clay bowl hanging in those rooms.
- place resin in the bowl and light it.
- see light focused on wall drawings.

You're still okay to go.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/18/14 04:11 PM

hi Mag, i have entered the cave but instead of lighting the bowl, i lit the pot by mistake, therefore i don't have access to the resin and this game doesn't allow me to go back, i think. what do you suggest i do? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/18/14 10:39 PM

It should allow you to go back.
- You can retrace your path.
- You can go back to a saved game also.

There are other resins in that maze - check the wt for places.

Can you be specific as to what bowl or what pot you lit?

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/19/14 12:12 AM

hi Mag, the bowl/pot just before the Asanbosam cave. how do i go back and retrace my path? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/19/14 02:54 AM

Robert,

Do you have a saved game just before entering the cave?
It would be best if you go back before entering the cave and replay from there.

----------

I sent you a saved game with instructions. It is at start of the maze.
Good luck.

------------
Please check if your e-mail on record is up to date. The saved game I sent was returned to me.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/19/14 04:46 PM

hi MAG, i would like to amend my email address. how do i do that? here is my new address - EDITED please. robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/19/14 04:58 PM

I removed your e-mail address from post and changed your profile.
I also resent the saved game.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/19/14 06:21 PM

thank you, Mag. robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/20/14 03:41 AM

Enjoy the game. smile

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/29/14 01:18 AM

hi Mag, i have restarted the game. is there any reason why i cannot use the lighter on the bowl after putting the various ingredients in the pot? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/29/14 01:30 AM

Have you completely read the priest's diary?
Have you added all these ingredients: Star Lily, Goethe plant, alyssum, hyacinth and rose herb.
Add the pure alcohol, 5 ants and the bowl of syrup on the pot also.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/29/14 03:07 PM

yes Mag, i have done all these things. robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/29/14 04:32 PM

It might be best if you go back to a saved game and replay that part.
You did this once before and got through - it might shake it lose again. smile

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/29/14 07:20 PM

hi Mag, i might have asked this question before but how do i go back to a saved game without the ingredients to go in the pot? they are already in. robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/29/14 07:44 PM

Hi Robert, try restoring a previously saved game that occurred before you had collected any of the ingredients.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/29/14 11:52 PM

hi Marian, how do i do that BEFORE i collected any of the ingredients? robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/30/14 02:09 PM

Robert,

Can you tell us if you saved games while playing?

If you did; you can load a saved game either main menu or in game menu.
- in main menu; once you open the game there is a load screen. Open that and select the saved game prior to collecting the ingredients.
- in in-game menu; open the inventory bar. At end of that bar click on gear icon and you will see the load/saved game feature. Again select the saved game prior to collecting ingredients.

luck

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/30/14 03:14 PM

hi Mag, i load a game, do whatever is required according to the walkthrough, and then save. that's it. i do not save independently. should i? maybe that's why i can't go back to a saved game complete with all inventory items. where does it save other than in-game? robert.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/30/14 05:00 PM

Hi robert,

It's always advisable to save in a different save slot every time, rather than to continually overwrite one solitary save slot. That way, if you encounter a game glitch, or a problem such as the one you're currently having, you can go back to an earlier, separate save.

Most games have unlimited save slots. Those that don't at least usually have a decent number of slots, so that the player can advance a decent way into the game before needing to overwrite an early slot.

When you go to your game load screen, do you only see one save file there? Or are there multiple ones to choose from?

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/30/14 06:22 PM

hi Rushes, i only see 1. i guess that's not enough. do i have to start again? robert.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/30/14 06:43 PM

Don't start over yet -- let's see if anyone has any other suggestions for you. Double check MaG's walkthrough closely to see if you can spot anything you might have missed doing up to this point. If there are any actions that you are able to repeat -- such as reading documents or books, for example -- then redo them.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/30/14 07:24 PM

hi Rushes, thanks for the advice, robert.

Re: secret files - sam peters - 03/30/14 07:54 PM

Robert,
I sent you a saved game March 18th. Do you still have that? Anyways - I sent it again with the same instructions.
It is at start of the cave. You already have a fire on the bowl.
Just do the cave maze then.
Now - be sure to do manual saves so that you can go back to a part if something goes wrong.
luck
© 2024 GameBoomers Community