GB HOMEPAGE

Amber's Blood

Posted By: robert gray

Amber's Blood - 05/04/14 04:06 PM

i am stuck in the archives, specifically file 0460. how do i get to 'maybe the doctor worked in Broxtowe'? can anybody help? robert.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/04/14 04:16 PM

Has Carol made the comment about Broxtowe yet? After she does, exit the archives and have a new conversation with the clerk; then the library appears on the map.

Or are you having trouble finding file 0460?

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/04/14 04:58 PM

hi Narian, i can find 0460 ok but it's 'i should try to find more about that' is where i am stuck. where do i go? not exit! she hasn't commented on Broxtowe yet. robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/04/14 05:16 PM

Have you done the following:

Quote:
Check bin 460 on right shelf. Learn that Alfons Larson, MD's license was revoked on May 21, 1935. A copy of the decision was sent to the Broxtowe Hospital. Click on the paper to get Carol mention the hospital.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/04/14 06:54 PM

thanks Marian. i made it to the Julian Milius Exhibition, robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/04/14 06:55 PM

Have fun, robert. Glad to hear you are moving on. smile

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/08/14 07:39 PM

hi Marian, after Lunda wheel where i picked up the hacksaw blade. Carol's Allotment - where is the hanging basket on the fence where i take the keys to the shed? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/08/14 07:53 PM

Hi robert, this is from the walkthrough:

Quote:
Turn left and forward to Carol's allotment.

Turn right at end of path. Turn right before the blue shed.

Look close at the hanging basket on the fence

Start at Carol's allotment, follow these directions, and see if you can find the hanging basket. smile

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/08/14 08:48 PM

hi Marian, i STILL can't find it. robert.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/08/14 10:18 PM

Here it is, Robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/08/14 10:20 PM

Thank you, Mikael. smile

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/10/14 07:48 PM

hi Marian, FIND THE CRUISE SHIP. Brown box - Henry Milius' storeroom. how do i use the decoded note's message? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/10/14 09:22 PM

Hi robert, if I'm reading the walkthrough correctly, you "use" the decoded message as a clue to figure out a puzzle; you don't need to literally use it on another item. wave

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/12/14 03:15 PM

hi Marian. Track Alphons Larson -open the blue box. - i clicked on 06 06 35. the blue box will not open for me! i am doing what Magtro W/T instructs. should i be doing something in addition? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/12/14 03:42 PM

If you have entered the numbers correctly and the box doesn't open, perhaps you missed a needed clue in order to trigger the box opening.

Have you done all of the following at the Julian Milius Exhibition?

Quote:
Newspaper: Turn right and read the newspaper. Learn about what happened to the building and get the address of Broxtowe.

- Calendar: Turn right. Check the calendar and see that June 5, 1935 was the first day he spent at the institution.

- Abstract Shapes: See colored abstract shapes in a painting of Julian.

- Biography: Turn right twice and read the biography of Julian Milius, the insane painter. He was a close friend of Alfons Larson, wife killer and arsonist. Alfons was institutionalized the day after Milius, his best friend.

Let us know. smile

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/12/14 04:49 PM

thanks Marian, i failed to click on the shapes, robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/12/14 05:05 PM

Have fun with the rest of the game. You're making great progress. smile

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/13/14 06:56 PM

hi Marian. i am hopelessly lost in Mag's W/T, so i'd like to replay afresh with all past saved games deleted. is this possible? a new game doesn't seem to get rid of old games. i downloaded Amber's Blood from Adventure Shop. can i restart with a clean slate? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/13/14 07:05 PM

Hi robert, maybe someone else will know where your saved games are located; then, you would be able to delete them. You could probably also start over and simply save over your currently saved games while entering a new name for them.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/13/14 07:24 PM

For Windows 7, the saved games are at:

C:\Users\[computer name]\Saved Games\Carol Reed - Amber's Blood

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/14/14 03:03 PM

thank you Rushes. i can now restart with 'a clean slate'. Ta. robert.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/14/14 03:27 PM

thumbsup Good luck with your replay.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/17/14 03:51 PM

hi Rushes, how do i use the the letter from the Eastern windmill to decode the note from towel dispenser? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/17/14 04:00 PM

Hi robert, you use the letter as a reference in order to help you decode the note.

From the walkthrough, when you decode the note, it will look like the following:

FOUR RI_HT

TWO LEFT

FOUR RI_HT

The above would appear to be the combination of a lock.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/17/14 04:36 PM

hi Marian, this may be a really stupid question but exactly how do i use the letter? do i have to use the letter in the game or take the W/T's word for the decoding? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/17/14 04:52 PM

You don't actually have to use the letter; you just look at it in order to figure out the code, I believe. smile

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/17/14 06:31 PM

hi Marian, how do i 'look' at the letter to figure out the code? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/17/14 06:56 PM

I don't think you have to perform an action in order to look at the letter, but if you do, maybe MaG can help you out here - looking at the walkthrough, I can't see that there is anything else to do here.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/18/14 01:45 AM

hi Marian. Carol's Allotment. after turning right and getting Stina's boat, i exit the shed, go f,l,f,l,f,r,l, and can go no further. dead end! surely MaG's W/T can't be in error! can you advise on this situation please? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/18/14 02:08 AM

Try these directions from the walkthrough:

Exit the shed, then left, forward, left, forward, right, forward, left, forward to end and then right.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/18/14 03:38 PM

many thanks, robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/18/14 03:49 PM

You're welcome. Enjoy the game. smile

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/22/14 04:35 PM

hi Marian, how do you 'automatically' get back to Carol's home after taking the pistol and then opening the manilla envelope? i am stuck inside the white metal cabinet and i cannot get back to the menu. robert.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/22/14 05:05 PM

Can you not back out of the white metal cabinet? Check the arrows around that cabinet.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/22/14 07:07 PM

hi Mag, when i back out taking the pistol and opening the envelope, i get the magnifying glass which takes me inside the cabinet again and so i am in a loop never getting to the menu hence never to Carol's home. BTW, i don't see any arrows. robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/22/14 07:12 PM

Hi robert, here is from the walkthrough:

Quote:
Turn left and see a white metal cabinet. Use the key taken from under the speaker on the lock.

Take and open the metal box. Take the pistol.

Take the manila envelope. Use the carpet knife to open the envelope. See the letter-number code for clock positions. Ah! Let's get out of here.

Carol's home: Automatically be in Carol's home. Carol leaves the clock on the study table.

Check and make sure that you have done everything mentioned here in the walkthrough. It sounds like if you do, the game takes you to Carol's home.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/22/14 08:45 PM

hi Marian, i just cannot get it! i have tried all possibilities until i am blue in the face. i do not want a saved game as i cannot load it into Win7. any alternative? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/22/14 09:08 PM

Let's wait and see if anyone else has any more advice to offer. wave
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/23/14 01:40 AM

Robert, when you say that you can't go back to the menu, I take it that you mean the map.

If you can't get out of the cabinet, I think you're missing the arrow at the very bottom of the screen.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/23/14 02:06 AM

Thank you for your help, Mikael. smile

Robert, let us know.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/24/14 10:47 PM

Marian, thank you. now i have another problem i.e., Miranda Hospital. i cannot look up nor shoot the bricks. i can only shoot David Larson. where have i gone wrong? robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/24/14 11:00 PM

Hi robert, you have almost finished the game! Try this sequence and see if it works:

Quote:
Go to the very end of the interior of the hospital. Turn around, and David Larson will turn up in front of you.

Talk to David Larson.

When he starts telling Carol to get down on her knees, look up at the brick wall.

Take the gun from inventory and shoot at the wall.

Click on the forward arrow to escape from the vicinity.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/25/14 12:30 AM

thanks Marian, i finally finished the game although i did have technical problems. it did not run as smoothly as previous MDNA games i have played - TOO BAD! robert.

Re: Amber's Blood - 05/25/14 12:40 AM

Big congrats for finishing the game, robert. bravo

I hope you enjoy your next game, whichever one you decide to play. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community