GB HOMEPAGE

Among The Sleep

Posted By: Carrie

Among The Sleep - 06/21/14 06:30 PM

Saving games and resuming gameplay are usually easily done. But I can't figure out how to do it in Among The Sleep.

At the Krillbite website, someone asked about saving games (June 6), but there's no response. Another post seemed to suggest the game may use autosaves that take effect only after you reach a particular point in gameplay.

There is a Save menu, but clicking doesn't do anything that I can tell. Each time I return to the game, I seem to have advanced (a savedate & time show my last time playing), but the baby is back in his playpen and must again crawl and maneuver to get out. Any ideas?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Among The Sleep - 06/21/14 06:43 PM

According to this review here, the game has save checkpoints, which means that the game won't save whenever you want. The poster who said that the game will autosave after reaching particular points in the game appears to be correct.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Among The Sleep - 06/21/14 06:46 PM

Hi Carrie,

I haven't played this one. I've had a Google, and there are several people as you say who are questioning the save function, but with no answers forthcoming that I can see. I hope a member here is playing or has played, and is able to guide us.

What I did read is that the game is extremely short -- around a couple of hours -- so perhaps it does rely on an autosave feature, as you suggest. Puzzling. think

Edit: Cross-posted with Marian. Ugh, I'm not fond of autosaves only. sick

Re: Among The Sleep - 06/21/14 07:18 PM

thumbsup Thanks to both of you Marian and Rushes.

I was on the verge of forgetting about playing altogether, but the NerdyButFlirty review has changed that notion. Would have been good knowing --up front-- about the autosaves, along with its length, but these little frustrations certainly aren't problematic.

Now that I know about the autosaves, I'm going to set aside a good piece of time for it and FORGE... uh... CRAWL ahead!
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Among The Sleep - 06/21/14 07:30 PM

lol That sounds like a solid plan. Have fun!
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Among The Sleep - 06/24/14 06:16 AM

Autosaves are quite comfortable there - they happen very often, so that the inability to save manually did not seem to be a shortcoming for me.

Re: Among The Sleep - 06/28/14 05:03 PM

Good to know Iurii. Thank you smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community