GB HOMEPAGE

cold case summer

Posted By: robert gray

cold case summer - 07/08/14 01:25 AM

hi,can somebody tell me how to climb and look around the wire lookout please>? robert.
Posted By: Marian

Re: cold case summer - 07/08/14 01:37 AM

Has Wire Lookout shown up on your map as a location that you can visit?

Re: cold case summer - 07/08/14 02:27 PM

hi Marian, YES. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/08/14 02:35 PM

Hi robert, I'm going to let MaG answer your question. From reading the walkthrough, I can't give you an answer as to how you "climb" Wire Lookout.
Posted By: MaG

Re: cold case summer - 07/08/14 03:24 PM

This is the structure with a bulb like top that is wired, right?
If so, coming from road - there are steps on the tower. Just click on it. It is not necessary - it is just a landmark. What you need here is to get the item from the steps left of the structure. luck

Re: cold case summer - 07/08/14 03:31 PM

Thank you, MaG. smile

Re: cold case summer - 07/08/14 04:04 PM

thanks Marian and MaG. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/12/14 04:05 PM

Investigate Crille. i am at Harri's apartment. how do i open the door, please? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/12/14 04:09 PM

Can you click on the doorknob and see. Keep us posted.

Re: cold case summer - 07/12/14 04:40 PM

yes i clicked but it didn't open, robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/12/14 05:28 PM

When you were here earlier - did you open the front door so that you can enter through that front door later (which is now)?
If not - go through the back door like you did earlier. Good luck.

Re: cold case summer - 07/14/14 01:44 AM

hi MaG, i am at the locked blue wall cabinet but am at an impasse. i know it's explained it in the W/T but i can't get to Investigate Sigge. i can't get the in-between. can you explain in other words please? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/14/14 02:08 AM

All you are doing in the bunker is check the different places in there. As well as getting the 3 items that can be picked up.
The most important is getting Kim's new address from the drawing hidden by the mattress. Then you can leave the bunker through the main exit.

Re: cold case summer - 07/14/14 03:32 PM

hi MaG, the question should have been how do i exit the bunker from the blue cabinet? i am lost in this maze of rooms. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/14/14 03:45 PM

Follow the map above:
- exit the blue cabinet room.
- go to your left at the long hallway until you reach the other hallway that is perpendicular to where you are.
- then go right until the end of the hallway which is another room.
- exit that room using the other entryway. You will then see the entrance and be outside. luck

Re: cold case summer - 07/14/14 04:42 PM

thanks MaG, robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/17/14 07:17 PM

hi MaG, i am at he blue cabinet for the 2nd time having opened it with the screwdriver/iron bar. i am now at the green door number 27 and i don't see any bar at the top right of the door therefore i cannot open the door and Carol can't comment. do you know where i have gone wrong? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/17/14 07:25 PM

It's not a big bar at top right.

Re: cold case summer - 07/18/14 06:29 PM

hi MaG, Eek! Ouch! i can't exit the bunker for the 2nd time. i have read your W/T but i still can't get out. can you help please? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/18/14 07:07 PM

Hi robert, here is a little map of the bunker with a few points of interest.

If this doesn't help, let us know approximately where you are in the bunker and we can try to give more specific instructions.

Re: cold case summer - 07/18/14 07:49 PM

hi Marian, i am at the main gate and see that it is jammed. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/18/14 07:53 PM

Looking at the map as a reference point, can you then do the following:

Quote:
Go back to the other hallway by the blue cabinet (look for the location of the blue cabinet on the map in my post above). Enter the last room at right.

Go forward 2xs through the open green door at the end of hallway and then left to the exit.

Use the key on the lock. Exit.

Re: cold case summer - 07/18/14 08:47 PM

hi Marian, after the blue cabinet, i do not know how to get to the last room at right. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/18/14 08:52 PM

Looking at the map, stand in the hallway outside of the entrance to where the blue cabinet is. Following the map, continue down that hallway in the direction of where the exit lies. It looks like you want to enter the last room on the right in this hallway.

Re: cold case summer - 07/22/14 11:55 PM

hi Marian, i am at Harri's summer house. where can i go back to get the blank paper taken from the safe on the fire please? i failed to take it at the time. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/23/14 12:58 AM

Go back to the safe you opened. It is behind the 1951 coal mining poster.
It is on the wall left of you as soon as you entered through the front door.

Re: cold case summer - 07/23/14 04:26 PM

hi MaG, it will not let me get behind the 1951 poster again so i went back to the original poster, opened the safe and took the blank sheet of paper and resaved to another save slot. how do i transfer the blank sheet to the fireplace to burn it? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/23/14 04:54 PM

Hi robert, if you try to put the firewood and the paper in the stove, after having opened the panel near the bottom of the stove, Carol will say, "It's already too warm in here!", and you won't be able to do that. Just continue on with the game.

Re: cold case summer - 07/23/14 07:27 PM

hi Marian, when i open the panel, Carol does not say anything and all i get is the return arrow. robert.
Posted By: RebKean

Re: cold case summer - 07/23/14 07:49 PM

Robert, what does it say in the hints-journal?

Re: cold case summer - 07/23/14 11:51 PM

hi, where can i find the hints-journal besides which it won't do much good if i am missing the plain paper to light it with? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/23/14 11:59 PM

Unless the interface has changed in the most recent games, which I haven't played, you should be able to find Carol's journal in your inventory. Look at the journal and click on an objective to reveal clues/hints.

Re: cold case summer - 07/24/14 07:09 PM

hi Marian, i am at the blue cabinet again and i should combine the screwdriver and iron bar. i don't have the iron bar in inventory so i went back, lifted the hatch - no iron bar! have you any idea where it could be? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/24/14 07:19 PM

I'm sorry to repeat myself robert, but I'm curious as to what it says in the journal?
It's a brilliant way to get help. =)

Re: cold case summer - 07/24/14 08:28 PM

Robert,
See the location of the iron bar on this map.

Rebkean,
The last 2 games have the hints system at top left of the screen. That I believe is what is mentioned in the postings.

Re: cold case summer - 07/24/14 08:33 PM

Yes I know where it is MaG, but I don't know what roberts journal is saying to him right now?
It's a great help if your stuck, so I wanted to know what it said right now. =)

Re: cold case summer - 07/24/14 10:10 PM

hi, my post said i lifted the hatch and the iron bar was not there so i am none the wiser, robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/24/14 10:35 PM

If I remember correctly, there might be 2 hatches in that room. Check if there is another one.
Also check your inventory to see if there is an iron bar or rod in there.

Re: cold case summer - 07/24/14 11:47 PM

what a memory!!! yes MaG, there ARE 2 hatches - one is against a wall - nothing, the other- empty. i'm stuck and too far into the game to restart. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/25/14 02:53 AM

Robert,

If the hatches are empty - please scroll through your inventory. Use the arrows. It might be hidden. luck

Re: cold case summer - 07/25/14 02:31 PM

hi MaG, i have done all you suggested but no iron bar. i don't want to restart but i guess i have no choice. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/25/14 02:47 PM

Robert,

Please check if you have a screwdriver in your inventory. Please keep me posted.

If so - try using that screwdriver on the blue cabinet and tell me what happened.

Re: cold case summer - 07/25/14 07:43 PM

MaG, once i looked close at the blue cabinet, i got the hand icon to open the door, i did not have to use the screwdriver and did not see the set of lines-symbols as stated in your W/T. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/26/14 03:08 AM

I wonder if you haven't done this part of the game already.
Continue on and we'll see. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Re: cold case summer - 07/26/14 11:04 PM

hi MaG, i must have missed something along the way so i decided it would be best to start a new game afresh and clear my head for a while, play another game and such. thank you, robert.

Re: cold case summer - 07/27/14 02:38 AM

Ah. Good luck.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 12:49 AM

hi MaG, i am at the bunker 2nd visit and i'm stuck at the green door where Carol says 'it's totally stuck'. i keep finding the door where it rattles but she doesn't say anything. i have read your walkthrough but can't find it. can you help please? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 01:03 AM

Robert,

This is the door that has the small bar close to the edge amd is at the end of the main hallway?

If so -
In inventory combine the steel brush from Wire Lookout with the solvent taken from the Dead City.
Use the steel brush with solvent on the rusty bar at top of door. Now the bar can be turned.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 03:01 PM

hi MaG, i have used the solvent with the steel brush, turned the bar, opened the door, picked up the wooden stick etc. but i still cannot exit the bunker. i suspect Carol's comment about the door being stuck is a trigger or prerequisite to exit. is that so? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 03:31 PM

You still have some things to do here after picking up the wooden stick.
Do not exit the room yet.

Did you:
Go to the left of the steps (this is the steps after picking the wooden stick). Continue to the left.
Climb the metal ladder at right. See an open green door. Look inside and see a silver metal box.
Use the wooden stick to bring it closer.
Then work on the box.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 04:03 PM

hi MaG, yes. but is there a prerequisite anywhere, especially Carol saying that the door is stuck? robert.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 04:17 PM

If I remember correctly, Carol says that only before opening that door to the inner bunker.
If you already opened it before - it should not be "stuck" again.
Be sure also that you have examined completely the content of that silver metal box.
One other thought - is it possible you went to a previous saved game before that door puzzle and have not opened it yet.
If so maybe do a replay and it might get you going.
Keep us posted.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 07:01 PM

hi MaG, what you tell me is noted - thanks. meanwhile i made it to the jammed main gate but i'm not too sure of the next step - how to get to the hallway by the blue cabinet. can you elaborate please. robert.

Re: cold case summer - 08/01/14 08:54 PM

Hi robert, take a look at this map again; this should help you figure out how to get to the blue cabinet from the main gate.

Posted By: Adorable

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 04:38 PM

I am needing to light the fire in the stove but don't have either firewood or paper. How do I get them? I seem to remember having them in my inventory but they are gone. I may have already lit the fire but now I don't remember if I had the paper with the hidden writing. Can you nudge me in the right direction? The wt doesn't really help much at times.

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 06:49 PM

You obtain the blank sheet of paper from the safe in Harri's apartment - do you remember doing that?

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 07:11 PM

I have the blank sheet of paper but can't get another fire going. Can I just use the lighter on the blank paper to get the message?

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 07:14 PM

It sounds like it. smile

According to the walkthrough:

Quote:
Use the lighter from Harri's desk to light the paper. Use the blank paper taken from the safe on the fire.

Read-click on the text exposed by the heat. It shows the longitude and latitude of Nimis (new location).

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 07:15 PM

OK, I thought that was the answer but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 07:23 PM

Let us know if you are still having problems.

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 07:33 PM

I have the lighter and the blank sheet but I can't make them get together at the wood stove. Any way around that?

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 07:52 PM

Make a fire in the wood stove by: Place firewood and paper in the wood stove in the kitchen. Use the lighter from Harri's desk to light the paper.
Then when you have fire - Use the blank paper taken from the safe on the fire.

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 11:22 PM

That's the problem, I had firewood and paper earlier, made the fire in the stove and now there's no fire to put the paper and the lighter in to get the code. Should I go back to the original point in the game where I had paper and wood?

Re: cold case summer - 08/19/14 11:32 PM

I think that's a good approach if you are having trouble now; you could give that a try.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: cold case summer - 08/20/14 02:53 AM

Adorable,

Somewhere down the line, you've probably loaded a saved game and missed to do something you've previously done (I do that all the time!). Once the fireplace has been lit, the fire doesn't go out until you've had proper use for it. If you can find a save where you have the firewood and paper in inventory, you'll probably get back on track again.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: cold case summer - 08/20/14 01:04 PM

Thanks, Mikael.

luck Adorable.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community