GB HOMEPAGE

Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches

Posted By: deleterman

Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/22/14 04:16 AM

just started the 2nd chapter ..went out and got the tracing on the standing stone and went up to Rhiannon's room and to the computer and checked email and got the ogam translator program ...but its not quite like the one in the walkthrough..and can't use it ..what gives ?did it not do something..?send help soon.please .. help
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/22/14 12:04 PM

Hi deleterman,

There should have been two emails from Jon -- did you read both?

MaG's walkthrough states:

The first [email] explains on how to translate the Ogam scripts. If you want to do it manually, use the 2 attachments at top right of the mail as guide. The first attachment is to translate the scripts to alphabets. The second is a dictionary of the 3 letter groupings.

The second mail is his Ogam Translator Program. Let's use this one.

Click on the blue Ogam Translator Program.

So it's the second email that has what you need. That should then resemble the screenshot in the walkthrough and you can proceed.

luck

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/22/14 05:16 PM

thanks for your response -that is just like i did but when the "ogam trnslater progran" cumes up it doesn't have the add to message pane under the oram character chart,or the message form !??and the pointing hand only works on the oram character set but only make a noise..??any thought on this ?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/22/14 05:54 PM

I found this information, which was written by the developer:

Quote:
This is a very unforgiving puzzle. If you don't get the right symbols first time then it does go a bit haywire. The 'add to message pane' only appears on the screen when you have correctly entered a series of 3 symbols so you won't see it at first.

It should work providing you put the symbols in correctly - and you do need to read Jon's email about how to group them into 3's using the last symbol of the previous group as the first symbol of the next group. If you make a single mistake, the whole lot will disappear and you have to start again. So it's worth saving your game frequently until you've done this puzzle.

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/22/14 11:23 PM

thanks for the help,got it .last time i played this game was 6 years ago.off and running like a wild dog. devilchili

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/23/14 04:26 AM

Excellent! Have fun. smile

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/23/14 05:56 PM

Yikes -didn't get far...I think i for got to get twig 6 and twig 7 , at the workshop now ..what can i do to get back on track ??can i still get these ? hardwall

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/23/14 06:09 PM

You should still be able to collect the twigs. smile

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/23/14 07:48 PM

thanks for your help !! praise

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/23/14 08:29 PM

Enjoy the game. wave

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/24/14 03:35 AM

thanks to you i went back and got all 9 twigs..i think thats it .

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/24/14 03:35 AM

That's great. I'm glad you are able to move on now. smile

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 05:26 AM

Yikes,just after starting chapter 3 went to stone building and entered and got crowbar to open trap door but now can't get ladder ( should be hanging on the top shelf at left side )everother thing works good... scared

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 05:33 AM

Did you see the scaffolding at the right side of the house?

You can go there from the kitchen door. You will then be on a potting area. Go on the side of the house that is being worked on, then go forward, then turn around. Look up to see the scaffolding above.

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 05:52 AM

No I didn't ,so i should get out of the stone building ? thanks

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 06:02 AM

Check out the scaffolding. You can always go back to the stone building. smile

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 06:46 AM

thanks i think i need to get to the top of the stone building at some time ,but i will get out of it like you said lab dance

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 06:20 PM

Hi back again went to the scaffolding but can't do any thing there ... duh it looks like i need that ladder but can't get it or it's not the rite one !i got the trap door open and it full of water but the wt said to take the ladder hanging on top shelf at left ....but the only ladder i see is on the side of the shelf not on top..and thats the one that i need to work on the scoffolding on the right side of house . hardwall scared

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 06:27 PM

Sorry you are still having trouble with this part. Here is a post from the developer about how to pick up that ladder:

Quote:
The first ladder you need is the long ladder, which is in the 'terminus' building that you unlock with the key that comes in the post. To pick it up, you must first have seen a need for it. Go round to the right hand side of the house and look for an 'up' arrow as you walk towards the back of the house. It's around the halfway point when you are under the scaffolding. You may have to move your cursor around the screen to find it but when you do, click on it to look up. At that point you should see a cog cursor where a ladder would be useful. Now go back and pick up the ladder.

Let us know if this helps. wave

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 06:38 PM

thanks hearts happydancei think this will work i will let you know .. devilchili lab

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 06:48 PM

I hope it helps. This can be a pretty challenging game. sherlock

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 07:11 PM

thanks ! it worked like a dream.... challenging ya think??off and running like a wild dog...

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 07:17 PM

thumbsup
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 10:11 PM

This is a game I have that chased me away even though I really thought I would like it. I plan on finishing it, but want to start from the beginning for the third time and slowly get it done. I got to the Celtic writing and no matter what, I felt I could not get through it at that time. I'm glad to see someone else playing it and making progress.

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/26/14 10:40 PM

thanks,I 1st played this in 2008,this is the second time playing it ..just can't leave it alone ...

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/28/14 11:22 PM

insanenow up in Jen's work room..went to jen's office and read the artical about magical water -it said to freeze the water ??how do i do that ? and then check on the microscope now what ? then place one of the sumbols on the plate of the camera.at this point my head is spinning.. insane scared help OK i got just about everything but the Kirlian gold plate...anyone know where i need to go to get it ??? devilchili

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/29/14 12:12 AM

For the gold plate, take a look around in Malcolm's office. smile

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/29/14 01:11 AM

Thanks it looks like i'm back on track devilchili lab

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/29/14 01:15 AM

thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/30/14 01:05 AM

insaneok back in the liveing room,got Rhiannon ringthats ok.but now for some unknown reason i got out and now back but i can't find the credenza to get the blueprint and get the key..the walkthrough said that the door disappears but i can get back in . if i forgot to get all items ..how do i do that??? help

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/30/14 01:20 AM

According to MaG's walkthrough, the blueprint is in the left cabinet in the living room, and the key is in the right cabinet inside a pressed flower book.

The walkthrough also states:

Quote:
If you are finished in this room, the door disappears. If some of the items are still not taken, you can come back in by clicking on the active spot on the wall.

Let us know how it goes. wave

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/30/14 04:34 AM

Yikes it was just like you said ,very easy..duh !! now off to the stables..thanks a million...

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/30/14 05:18 AM

Onward! yay

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/30/14 11:54 PM

smashpcnow at chapter 5:air..got tunobox and went to water wheel and used it on the wheel -everything good now went into the the side door and to the generator ,but it won't work on the generator..can't press tone button. hardwallwhat gives ? help

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/31/14 12:12 AM

Here's some advice from the developer:

Quote:
Do you have the fully charged MP3 player in your inventory? The tunovox will only work once you have the MP3 player as it's the MP3 player that records the tones generated by the tunovox.

Don't forget to switch on the TV in the living room so that your MP3 player gets wirelessly connected to the stereo system.

Let us know how it goes. wave

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/31/14 12:29 AM

ok how do i know if its fully charged ? and if its not how do i recharge it ? it has the head phone icon with a big X on it in the upper left corner of it ..and the tv is on.

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/31/14 12:37 AM

Here's some more info about all of this from the developer:

Quote:
The only reason to connect the MP3 to the tv is so you can listen to the sounds you've recorded when you need to transform the objects you've collected in the final part of the Mabinogion paper. The object you also need to record the sounds is the 'Tunovox' tone machine which is in the master bedroom. The tone machine detects the note made by various noisy things throughout the game area and the MP3 records them for future use. To connect it to the tv, all you do is have the MP3 in inventory and then switch on the tv in the living room. The screens that come up on the tv will tell you that the MP3 has been detected.

As long as you have made the connection to the TV, it doesn't matter that it switches off again. You only have to do it once - even if you leave the room, you will automatically be reconnected when you return.

To combine the tones with the objects, you must put the MP3 player and the corresponding object on the table in front of you. You'll know if you get it right and if not the MP3 and object will return to your inventory so you can try another combination.

See if any of this information helps. luck

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/31/14 05:28 AM

oops it was me now its all good thanks urock duh i was just clicking on the right and not on the left.but now its good . taz lab

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/31/14 03:36 PM

Glad you figured it out. thumbsup

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 07/31/14 11:41 PM

praise thanks all that help you gave me helped out ....just finished ,took me 3 weeks ..now on to ??? lab maybe Rhem.. urock

Re: Rhiannon-the curse -4 branches - 08/01/14 12:09 AM

That's great news; congratulations on finishing the game. bravo

I hope you enjoy your next game. smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community