GB HOMEPAGE

Riven

Posted By: Henny Tiben

Riven - 07/22/14 06:59 PM

I`m realy in trouble now. Did the marble game en went to the linking book in Jungle island. There I have to slide things on the right spot. Don`t have a clue where to put them There are 5 slides. Please helppppppppppppp.
Posted By: Chief

Re: Riven - 07/22/14 07:57 PM

If this is what I think it is, do you remember going through a journal at the lab after getting the frog.

That is where you must go to get the five numbers.

Good luck.

Chief wave

Re: Riven - 07/23/14 12:16 PM

I have the 5 numbers, but how doe I use them on the sliders

Re: Riven - 07/23/14 01:31 PM

Just slide them to the right to have each of them under the proper numbers.

In case you do not have the corresponding numbers to ours, here is a LINK that will help.

Chief wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Riven - 07/23/14 02:22 PM

Thanks, Chief!

luck Henny.

Re: Riven - 07/24/14 01:13 PM

I opened all the Domes, but when I click in the book, its only a black squere. Nothing happens. What else must I do to go on?

Re: Riven - 07/24/14 01:43 PM

Henny, recheck the marble game to see if it is done correctly.

From Mike Marcelais walkthrough about that puzzle: "You know you’ve done it right if you hear a drilling like sound after pushing the white button. This now gives power to all of the linking book domes".

Chief wave

Re: Riven - 07/25/14 11:26 AM

I think I`m to old for this game. Played it about 15 years ago, from cd without any troubles. Now I`m hopeless lost in my afford to find the marble game again. Think I will start all over. Pffffffffff

Re: Riven - 07/25/14 02:09 PM

Henny, where are you now? Maybe I can help you to go back to the rotating room so you can turn the room around to have access to the golden dome and the marble puzzle.

Chief wave

Re: Riven - 07/25/14 05:11 PM

I`m before the Wark shrine, but Now I think, was there a linking book in the golden dome?? Can`t remeber seen one on temple island. I opened 3 domes with a linking book in it, but there should be more I think

Re: Riven - 07/25/14 07:45 PM

Henny, you will need to open all the turning domes and there is no book in the golden dome.

Chief wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Riven - 07/25/14 07:50 PM

Thank you for your help, Chief. smile

Re: Riven - 07/28/14 05:19 PM

Do you know where all the linking books are? I have 3, but still can`t use them. all the marbles are in the right place

Re: Riven - 07/28/14 06:24 PM

Who Knows, where to find all the marble domes. I already have Jungle island, Plateau island and Crater island, but I think there must be an other one. I only don`t know where to find the last marble dome.

Re: Riven - 07/28/14 06:53 PM

There are five marble domes, located on Crater Island, Temple Island, Jungle Island, Plateau Island, and Prison Island.

I haven't played this game, but I found this information by looking at the walkthrough here.

Re: Riven - 07/28/14 07:24 PM

and to add to Marian's information, have a look at these Video Walkthroughs.

I hope they help.

Chief wave

EDIT: Henny, you are missing the spining dome at the Map Island and the one behind the Golden Dome when going through it in the lower level, the marbles puzzle being the upper level.

Re: Riven - 07/29/14 11:57 AM

I`m going to look for that one thanks

Re: Riven - 07/29/14 12:50 PM

Thank you, thank you. I always missed that elevator, that brings me to the marble dome under the golden dome. Now I am where I should be. The book does its work. I wil never forget this, I think. But what I remember, playing this fro cd. There was a lot more to do, in Grehn`s lab. All kind of experiments. But it`s easier without that.
Thanks Marian and Chief.

Re: Riven - 07/29/14 01:31 PM

Great. summer

Enjoy the rest of the game.

Chief wave

Re: Riven - 07/29/14 04:06 PM

Have fun. smile
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Riven - 08/07/14 06:47 PM

Just curious--are you playing from game discs or a download from steam/gog... wanted to know because I have win7 and did not know could play Riven with win7 !!! It was one of my fave games. Good luck and keep enjoying.

Re: Riven - 08/08/14 01:39 AM

gamenut, until Henny Tiben sees your question, I can tell you that Riven plays well from GOG with Win 7.

Chief wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Riven - 08/08/14 03:08 AM

Thanks, Chief!

Enjoy gamenut!

Re: Riven - 08/08/14 11:41 AM

Bought the game from GOG. its easier than from cd, because they left out some experiments in the lab.

------------------

You have to download the game, its not a cd
Posted By: gamenut

Re: Riven - 08/13/14 12:22 AM

Oh gosh...I will have to try it. will be first time to download from gog .
Riven was (to me) just an awesome feast for the eyes. the one area where you leave the first island and go to the next (I think) and you go down those stone steps to the lagoon and there you ARE !!! On the beach..water...sunners.....and then to the other area w/water....just awesome. I hope it still looks as good as it did then... I do realize that older games sometimes will not look as good on newer systems.
Thanks for the info Henry and Chief.

Re: Riven - 08/13/14 11:47 AM

This game from GOG is just as nice, as the old one. Exact the same. Only a few experiments that were done in the lab are left out. Have fun. I had
© 2024 GameBoomers Community