GB HOMEPAGE

tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls)

Posted By: nolalou

tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 07/27/14 07:27 PM

Hi,

I'm in the room at Sesen, with the skull puzzle. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but when I step on the platform to solve the puzzle, and I see the little puzzle piece icon, I click on it, but Tex just steps back off the platform with no opportunity to try and solve it. I'm just getting back to the game after not playing for about 2 weeks, and now I'm stuck at this point.

Thanks for any help.

Louis
Posted By: Marian

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 07/27/14 07:58 PM

I hope another Tesla Effect player will be along to advise you.
Posted By: Melia

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 07/27/14 08:59 PM

Try playing it from where Tex steps off the platform. I had the same trouble. I'm trying to remember what I did, but I think I had to just try and play it from a distance. See if that helps.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 07/27/14 09:36 PM

Thanks, Melia. smile

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 07/31/14 03:01 AM

Ok, I'm officially frustrated, nothing is working. When I step on the platform, and see the puzzle piece icon and click on the game board, Tex just backs off the platform with no opportunity to try and solve the puzzle. Am I supposed to click on a specific spot? Better yet, is there a way to bypass this thing altogether??

Louis
Posted By: HeavenlyJoy

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 07/31/14 05:14 AM

Hi Nolalou, I had this same trouble, if you stand in the general area of the circle, and face the puzzle, it gives you a different icon(you see it facing the puzzle), when you see that icon, click it should work then, hope that helps..
Marcia
Posted By: Rushes

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 07/31/14 01:58 PM

Thanks, Marcia!

Hope that helps you, Louis.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/01/14 03:36 AM

Nope, unfortuatly, that didn't help! I'm at the point where I don't even want to solve the darn puzzle, I just want to get past this point! I there a way to bypass it? After all these years waring for a new Tex game, and finally getting to play, this is VERY frustrating. The icon I see when I step on the circle (platform) looks like a zig saw puzzle piece, but when I click that on the skull puzzle, Tex just backs up off the platform again! The only other icon is an eye, and Tex just says he needs to get on the platform to solve the puzzle.

Either this game has a serious bug, or I'm not doing something right. I have no idea how anybody else got past this point! Arrrrg!

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/01/14 02:48 PM

Ok, go here: http://www.bigfinishgames.com/forum/tex-murphy/project-fedora-general-discussion and ask your question. Some of the actors, programmers, etc. are here and can help you. Are you playing in casual mode? If so, bypass is possible.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/03/14 09:09 PM

thanks, that forum helped, I found someone had asked the same question. It turns out even though Tex looks like he's backing away from the puzzle, it can still be played & solved! Now I past that part and attempting to solve the puzzle with the statues & lights for the 3 elements! looks like a tough one!

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/03/14 11:13 PM

Yay! Glad you can move on.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/06/14 09:23 PM

Ok, now I passed that point, and I solved the next puzzle fairly easily (the boat puzzle), I'm now in need of a hint on the room with the statues and the colors for Earth, Fire, and Water. I see how to move using the 2 wheels , but so far having no luck with a solution. Can someone give me a shove in the right direction! wink

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/06/14 10:59 PM

The left wheel cycles through the three colors of light coming from ONLY the statue right in front of you. You can continuously turn the wheel to cycle through the colors to get the color of light you need for that statue.

The right wheel only rotates the entire assembly and does nothing else.

You'll want to make sure you've rotated the wheel to each statue and chosen the right color for it and once they all have their proper colors, rotate the entire assemble to the proper position.

For clues on the correct light colors and correct position of the statues make sure to take a close look at the sarcophagus and the symbols on the sarcophagus.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/06/14 11:48 PM

Thank you, Melia. thumbsup

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/09/14 12:34 AM

Thanks Melia, that got me though that part,I was making harder than it was!

Now of course I'm constantly getting killed in the 'maze', though I think I've found all the circled letters (not sure what to do with them) and I don't have the key for the cabinet in the storage room.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/09/14 03:15 PM

Did you get into the office? The letters will be helpful when you find what's-his-name's door. Sorry. Bad with names. The guy who is Ariel's husband.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/11/14 12:00 AM

Office? Nope...guess i need to try that. I know what you mean about names, i need a score card to keep track of the characters and how they relate to the story!!
Posted By: deleterman

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 04:29 AM

Hi, i to have the same prob.how do i know what color to use for a given statue ? hardwall can this part be skipped ??? help lab

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 05:15 AM

I believe if you are playing on Gamer level, the puzzle cannot be skipped.

Here are some UHS hints for this part of the game. Maybe this will help get you moving again. If not, another Tesla Effect player here may be able to give you further advice.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: deleterman
Hi, i to have the same prob.how do i know what color to use for a given statue ? hardwall can this part be skipped ??? help lab

I answered this one in this same thread. Just scroll up a little and you'll find it.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 05:36 PM

Hi, just a thought ...if i'm not in the gamer mode can this be skipped ?? hardwall

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 06:19 PM

No, it can't.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 06:56 PM

Thank you, Melia - I wasn't sure whether it could be skipped or not. wave

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 06:59 PM

Thanks for your help , i did go to the uhs hints , smashpc i just might be a dummy i just can't get it all i know is the three lights in the center have to be green-right ? there should be a dieagram for the settings . insane

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 07:33 PM

You could try watching the YouTube video. I believe the puzzle starts around 27:30.

I hope I have the right puzzle; if I don't, let us know.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 09:27 PM

thanks-went to u tube and she had it all messed up and had to pause and come back and you never see how she got to the last part ,she just clicks and it opens..not very good and no help .. hardwall

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 09:59 PM

That must have been frustrating.

Let's hope someone who has played this game will be able to offer more help.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 11:15 PM

wavei went back to puzzle and tried again,i had it setup ok i just needed to turn one more time and guess what .made it .. thumbsup lab devilchili

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/13/14 11:28 PM

That's great news. yay

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/14/14 06:35 PM

Yay!

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/15/14 04:09 AM

duh every time i save -i keep every thing that i got but i always restart at the begining scared and not at the place that i saved in..like storage room ,it is always at the start..what up ?? help

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/15/14 05:41 AM

I'm not sure what's going on. Have you tried going back to the save prior to your most recent save and seeing if that one works? Maybe your most recent saved game got corrupted somehow.

We can always move your post over to Glitches if you would like.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/15/14 03:34 PM

I had the same problem. I think it's a function of the game. Where are you? I noticed this only at the Tesla Institute.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/15/14 06:02 PM

Hi and thanks for the info, I'm at the point of getting in to Baurs cell ,i need to get all the 7 rings to get in...now i have to get 4 more and this is the place that i need to save alot ,this is the hard part,it,s the saveing ...

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/15/14 09:19 PM

Oh yeah. Every time I got killed I had to start at the entrance to the place. It's a function of the game. The good part is that at least you now know where to hurry to!

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/16/14 02:57 AM

Hi again, i found out how to save but -i have 5 rings and i keep going to the right and i can't find the last 2 rings I need #4 and#6 any thoughs where i could find them ??? help

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/16/14 05:30 PM

The last two are in the bad guys' area at the back end. You have to time their departure from the area, run in fast and look, and run out. Good luck.

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/16/14 06:23 PM

praise thumbsup urock wootthanks .i had been in there and looked at them but i didn't click on the m. duhbut alls good now .. lab dance devilchili

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/16/14 06:45 PM

Glad to hear you are moving on. thumbsup

Once again, thank you, Melia, for all of your help. smile

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/17/14 04:35 PM

yay broccoli

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/23/14 06:54 AM

praisethanks to you guys in day 10 or night 10... grin anyway it's been a great game -so far .. thanks lab dance

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/23/14 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: deleterman
praisethanks to you guys in day 10 or night 10... grin anyway it's been a great game -so far .. thanks lab dance

You are making great progress! rah

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/24/14 07:43 PM

bravoHay just finished day 12 but i was in the dark all game there was no day light ..?? taz what a long and cool game .. thumbsup off and running like lab monky

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/24/14 10:16 PM

Way to go! thumbsup

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/25/14 02:48 AM

bravoit looks like i'm off to Syberia..much cooler there . and no bees. lab

Re: tesla effect -sesen puzzle (skulls) - 08/25/14 04:39 AM

Congratulations! rah rah rah As for the dark, if you play the game again you can use the options before you start the game and turn up the lighting. Or use the flashlight a LOT. There isn't daylight because everything happens at night because of the radiation increase during daylight.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community