GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG?

Posted By: Barry

Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/17/14 05:13 PM

Hi MaG

Any chance for a Walkthrough, as only you can do it? I don't like the video walkthroughs and that's all that's around now. Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Barry
Posted By: judith

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/17/14 05:21 PM

I also would love MaG's wonderful walkthrough. I just hate video walkthroughs.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/17/14 05:26 PM

MaG is on the road this weekend, so she may only be here posting intermittently or not at all. Just wanted to let you know. wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/17/14 05:35 PM

I know if MaG writes a WT I will start the game from the beginning. I'm on day 4 and lost. I tried to follow the old WT but I can't.
Richard
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/17/14 07:23 PM

Just to let you all know -- MaG posted a couple of days ago in a different thread to say that she was not sure if she would be writing a walkthrough for the Anniversary edition of GK.

As Marian says, MaG is currently travelling, but may still post here at some point to let us know for sure.
Posted By: grace

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/19/14 07:36 PM

I am -I think-close to the end of day 3-cannot figure out what or how I do something with the snake bracelet-I know I will need it sometime in the future-and there has to be a reason I keep going back and blessing it. I have tried to use my sketchbook to make a picture of it-even went to the cathedral, drug store, etc., to see if I needed to get candle wax, etc. I am stumped-any suggestions?
Posted By: LadyCav

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/19/14 07:50 PM

Grace, if you already have the snake bracelet in your inventory, you will use it later (on day 4 I think) when you need to show it to someone.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/19/14 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: grace
I am -I think-close to the end of day 3-cannot figure out what or how I do something with the snake bracelet-I know I will need it sometime in the future-and there has to be a reason I keep going back and blessing it. I have tried to use my sketchbook to make a picture of it-even went to the cathedral, drug store, etc., to see if I needed to get candle wax, etc. I am stumped-any suggestions?

I believe you're at the point where you will need clay. You did get the clay from the river bank didn't you?
Posted By: grace

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/20/14 03:38 AM

Well, yes, I did! smile
Thanks!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/20/14 10:22 AM

Did you ask Gracie to do any research for you ?
Did you look at and read the newspaper at your bookstore ?
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers 20 Anniv edition Walkthrough? MaG? - 10/21/14 07:31 PM

Regarding a new walkthrough, it is possible to finish the game using the hints posted in the walkthrough section of this site along with two formal walkthroughs. You only need to bear in mind the items listed by day has been modified a bit. A couple new puzzles have been added but they are not overly difficult.
For instance on Day one Grand mother's house is not reachable you go there in Day 4. There is a slight difference in what you can do at the drug store and have to come back another day. Another example is when stealing the priest's collar you find it in a different room. It is like picking four out of five locations from day one while skipping ahead to day 2's list and doing one of those. At some point on day four you might have to follow directions for grandma's shown for day 1. It is not that the triggers or instructions have changed it is mostly the order.

They added a new location by including a parked car and an alley you can enter at the police station. It changes the way you get into Mosley's office for your last trip to that site.

It's the same game slightly modified but you mostly do what those walkthroughs tell you to do. In day 9 for instance the Phil Darke walkthrough is exactly the way the new game plays on that day.

It would be nice to see a new Mag walkthrough with her screen shots. She has a lot to do and should only take the time for this if it's something she really wants to do because what is there now is useable
© 2024 GameBoomers Community