GB HOMEPAGE

Culpa Innata

Posted By: robert gray

Culpa Innata - 11/23/14 05:01 PM

hi. 1st floor-auditorium. how do i get to the first row to take ID card of Talay Talayman? robert.
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/23/14 05:14 PM

Hi robert,

First you'll need to be standing in the large area with the podium. From there, just move towards the first row of central seats. Note that you won't be able to actually move between the rows themselves -- you should get to a camera angle where Phoenix is able to look over the rail and see the ID card on one of the seats/benches.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/23/14 05:20 PM

You can also try watching this video, starting at about 7 minutes.

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/23/14 08:52 PM

thanks Marian, now it won't let me use my security pass on the large EXIT door. is there a trigger i missed or bypassed? robert.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/23/14 11:25 PM

Robert,
Are you in the correct exit door? Please look around to see.

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/24/14 12:02 AM

hi MaG. i looked around several times but i don't see another exit. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/24/14 12:13 AM

Just a recap:
- you selected the security pass from inventory.
- you see it at right frame.
- click the gear icon.

Is this what you did?

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/24/14 02:38 AM

hi MaG, no! when i click the gears on the security pass, i get a crossed out clutching hand. i suspect something was not saved properly and i don't know what to do. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/24/14 03:07 AM

Maybe you aren't allowed to exit the auditorium until you have done all of the following:

Quote:
Check out the stage, flags and podium. There is a full version of Chief Morssen’s speech there.

Have you done all of that?

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/24/14 03:57 AM

Also be sure that you are at the main floor of the building.

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/25/14 02:29 AM

hi MaG, when i try to quit the game can you tell me why it says 'i prefer not to do that now'. what must i do without 'pulling the plug'. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 11/25/14 03:11 AM

If you are in close up, exiting might not work. Another instance might be in a middle of an action that cannot be closed unless you pull back and be away.
Also right click maybe twice and see what happens.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/01/14 12:46 AM

hi MaG, Phoenix' Office, at the very start of day 3, i am supposed to call Larissa Luskin, but all she says is 'i don't need to talk to her right now'. where have i gone wrong? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/01/14 12:56 AM

Have you talked to her before already?
Have you visited her house already?
Talk to Anderson completely also.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/01/14 01:49 AM

hi MaG, yes i talked and visited her before. i spoke to Anderson before too but his office is closed. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/01/14 02:01 AM

This game is not linear. Do continue and then once in a while check if you can call her.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/02/14 05:24 PM

MaG, you should be aware that i always play a game from a W/T, preferably yours, this way i know where i have been, where i'm going etc. and don't enjoy playing 'blind'. do you recommend continuing within the confines of Day 3 of your walkthrough? i am at a dead end even though it's non-linear. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/02/14 06:04 PM

Robert,

I did not write a walkthrough for this game - I wrote a Strategy Guide. It does not have a day to day things to do. This was at the request of the developer.
Since this game is non-linear - I wrote actions that can be done at places or with certain characters.

Maybe what you're following is not my guide.

I would see if you can go to all available places and see what you can do or might have missed.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/02/14 06:11 PM

Here is the walkthrough.

Here is MaG's strategy guide.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/02/14 08:42 PM

MaG, i am totally nonplussed!!! i have on my computer what is entitled 'CULPA INNATA - by Momentum - walkthrough by MaGtRo - July 2006. you must have written a walkthrough at some point in time. i apologise for any inconvenience i may have caused. p.s. i note your Strategy Guide. robert.
Posted By: oldmariner

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/02/14 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: robert gray
MaG, i am totally nonplussed!!! i have on my computer what is entitled 'CULPA INNATA - by Momentum - walkthrough by MaGtRo - July 2006. you must have written a walkthrough at some point in time. i apologise for any inconvenience i may have caused. p.s. i note your Strategy Guide. robert.

Robert it has been a very long time since I've looked at that game. Events require a trigger and I do not recall the exact trigger required for calling Lukin. You may have figured this out already but if you have not the suggestion of following day three in the walk through should get you there. Please note the last line in the first paragraph on day three.

Click to reveal..
Do that through contacts in your PA. Select Larissa Lukin. Click the antenna at top right of the frame. Ask for an appointment. No luck with that, we will have to try again later. Let’s go to the Child Development Center

You will note the WT says you can't get through. You will note there are five paragraphs in day three WT. In the fourth you are told to try Lukin again and this time you get through.

As I said I don't recall the exact trigger but it has to be in those first four paragraphs. Since the game is non linear it is hard to determine what triggers what sometimes.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/05/14 05:29 PM

hi oldmariner, the game won't let me pick up the hairpin using the mouse left click without a 'grasping hand' therefore not letting me to use the hairpin to pick the cabinet lock. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/05/14 05:55 PM

Hi robert, you need to be in close-up mode in order to get the hairpin - are you in close-up mode?

Quote:
While in the closeup mode open the makeup kit in your inventory then use the “I” icon and take out a hairpin.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/05/14 08:20 PM

Marian, i AM in close-up mode to the make-up kit but when i try to pick up the hairpin, i get a crossed-out clutching hand icon and no hairpin. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/05/14 08:32 PM

Okay, I just wanted to make sure.

Try watching this video, starting at about 3:40, and see if this helps.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 02:52 AM

hi Marian, after the picture of the peace officer impersonator is added to the inventory, my progress in the game comes to a halt using MaG's strategy guide as my questioning of Alicia Cordoba dries up - all my questions are used for this session. is there anywhere else i can go today? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 03:38 AM

Look around at the store - all the places.
Visit the places or the people that you talked to Alicia about.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 04:42 PM

i have looked around and don't see anybody to speak to - same with navigation map. anywhere specific? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 07:29 PM

Have you tried going to Bogdanov's office?

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 07:59 PM

OK Marian, what do i do there? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 08:08 PM

Looking at the walkthrough, I see some things that you can do there, including solving a cube puzzle found on a side table and also looking through a book on another table. That's the bare bones; there's a bit more to it than that. It sounds like after you have done the things needed in this room that a new destination will open up on your map.

See what you can get accomplished in Bogdanov's office. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 08:30 PM

OK Marian, thanks. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/08/14 08:57 PM

Enjoy the game. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/09/14 05:27 PM

hi Marian, after failing Raj Patel, Phoenix is forced to go home but at home can't go to bed to sleep, can't go out as she says at the navigation map ' i'm too tired'. she can't go out, can't stay in. how do i get out of this contradiction? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/09/14 05:43 PM

Hi Robert, looking at the walkthrough, it would appear that you need to change Phoenix's clothing to a home outfit, and then watch the news and learn about the death of Dr. Spencer. Have you tried doing this?

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/09/14 09:10 PM

hi and thanks Marian. i now know i cannot use MaG's strategy guide as a 'walkthrough' or else i'd be all over the place looking for some continuity. i'd probably have to use the guide in conjunction with several W/T's to achieve this flow. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/09/14 09:14 PM

hi and thanks Marian. i now know i cannot use MaG's strategy guide as a 'walkthrough' or else i'd be all over the place looking for some continuity. i'd probably have to use the guide in conjunction with several W/T's to achieve this flow. robert.

Yes, I believe that's the way that MaG's guide is intended to be used; it will be a useful supplement to the walkthrough.

I hope you're having fun with the game. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/11/14 12:08 AM

hi Marian, when i click on the bottom tube changing green to red then i click on BACK, the screen dims and Phoenix says 'let's see if this works' then 'i've got to fix this fast'. obviously something's not right - what? robert.

Re: Culpa InnataHi - 12/11/14 12:44 AM

Hi Robert, it's not quite clear to me where you are in the game - are you trying to fix the security panel?

Re: Culpa InnataHi - 12/11/14 01:30 AM

sorry Marian, yes i am trying to fix the security panel. robert.

Re: Culpa InnataHi - 12/11/14 01:38 AM

We may need to get one of the Culpa Innata experts to help you with this. Let's look again at the steps from a walkthrough -that's all I have to offer in the way of help, unfortunately.

Quote:
Click on the door and Phoenix says 'there seems to be no power'.

Go back towards the elevator. See 2 metal panels on the wall before the office doors.

Click on the top electrical control panel. Click on the metal fuse power panel and click again to open it.

Make all the tubes on the top right (section A) all red by clicking to red the bottom tube. Exit panel.

Click on the bottom fuse panel and see that one fuse is off. Click to make complete fuse connection. Exit panel.

Click on the top electrical control panel again and turn back to green the bottom of the 3 tubes of section A. Exit panel.

See if this works for you - if not, let's wait for some expert advice. sherlock

Re: Culpa InnataHi - 12/11/14 03:40 PM

hi Marian, no, this doesn't work for me. robert.

Re: Culpa InnataHi - 12/11/14 04:37 PM

Let's wait for some further help, then. Sorry you are stuck.

Re: Culpa InnataHi - 12/11/14 04:47 PM

I'll contact our Culpa expert and see if we can get an answer.

Re: Culpa InnataHi - 12/11/14 05:45 PM

OK MaG, thanks. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/11/14 10:24 PM

Robert that should have worked you. Before publishing the walk through I played the game line for line following the walk through to test it. I found no issues. It has been a long time since I looked at this game memory is not as exact as it once was. For things to work this game requires triggers. I had identified them where I could. This particular section identifies the trigger specifically. Perhaps you missed it.

Here is the line where the trigger is mentioned. It is in the paragraph labeled Sophia Capello's office First visit. The one above the Fix the security program that lists the steps

Click to reveal..
This location is triggered by Anderson. Use the map to go to Capello's office. Go down the hallway and click to note that the security program on her door is malfunctioning. Click the door and Phoenix says “there seems to be no power”' Time for another puzzle.

If you look back to day one, Douglas Anderson's Law Office First Visit: You will see the following "Anderson talks about Larissa Lukin, Bogdanov's sexual partner, Ms. Capello his therapist and Roger Arnett his image maker. These are triggers to add new destinations to the map."

If you did not address whatever question in the conversation with Anderson produced that answer then this puzzle may not activate. Otherwise you likely missed some other detail however oblique. Conversations are rather lengthy in this game but offer vital triggers you must have to advance.

If you can't work it out I will reload the game and see what save I have closest to that point. The problem will be it can get confusing because my save may may not include something you have already done. You might not know you have to do whatever over again. It can get confusing.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/12/14 04:52 PM

thanks oldmariner. i have re-started the game and am at the computer in Phoenix's office but it won't let me use the function Audio Visual Viewing. i think i have all the items mentioned in your walkthrough but obviously i am missing something. could you please list the pre-requisites. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/12/14 05:48 PM

Robert I'm not exactly sure what day you are on. What are you trying to do with the audio visual that it will not work?

I went into the game and made a new save at the point Phoenix solved the door puzzle. It should bring you up to date with the walk through and have everything resolved before talking to Ms. Capello. From there you will need to go into her office and talk to her. Then go home, change clothes, meet Sandra, gossip and then go to bed. That should end day two. The save I have for that is number 41 it comes in two files. You will need to renumber it to whatever the next highest number would be in your saves lists. Do you know where the saves are on your computer? If not they are found at
Users\User name\APP Data\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files(X86)\Strategy First\Culpa Innata\Data\Save game

That was fun to find. It seems like nobody puts them in the same place

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/12/14 08:54 PM

hi oldmariner, i am at day 1 trying to read in Audio Visual Viewing. in inventory i have regulations, makeup kit, social security card, security pass, academy ID, creamy butterfly image. CD, data dump, magnetic card, strange shaped item, impersonator description. i think this is incomplete. please verify, robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/12/14 09:59 PM

Robert it is hard to answer because you may have missed a trigger. It appears you have what you need. I'm not sure why it isn't working. Why go all the way back to the start? That puzzle is a pain in the first place and if you made it to the door puzzle on day two I suspect you have already done that one before.

As I said above I can send you that save with the door puzzle solved and you can continue by talking with Ms. Capello. At that point everything listed in the walk through before the puzzle has been done. At least if that works we can rule out a bad install for the reason that some things are not working. You will know where you are in the game in relationship to the walk through. You don't need to follow the walk through exactly though some things need to be done in order for others to be active.

It will give you a starting point and you won't be backtracking to try and find what you may have missed. If the problem is with the game install all the backtracking in the world will not resolve it.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/15/14 09:09 PM

hi oldmariner, i am at the graveyard gate and can't get phoenix to read the plaque 'pater noster'. can you say what i have missed along the way please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/16/14 08:34 AM

Robert it is rather difficult to determine which thing you may have missed I'd suggest you go over day one in the walk through leading up to that point. Did you see the cut scene of the man running through the grounds? You needed to get an ID card in the auditorium just before you went outside. My best guess is the answer is in these two actions.

Auditorium: Enter the door at the right under the stained glass. Go down to front row and take the ID card of Talay Talayman the only item in the room you can pick up. Look around check out everything. At the podium you can read Chief Morssen’s speech. After you have looked around you can exit the auditorium.

Outside

Go to left screen, pass the elevators and go down the hall to see an exit sign. Use the security pass on the exit door. See a cut scene of a man sneaking along the grounds. The cutscene will include Phoenix chasing him but OUCH! He passed through the graveyard gate, while you landed on your bottom. Look at the plaque on the right. It is the Pater Noster. Look at the plaque to the left of the gate. Click it while in close up.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/17/14 02:53 AM

hi oldmariner, what IS the trigger for to read the plaque in latin and is this essential? robert.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/17/14 05:01 AM

Hi Robert,
I played this game quite a while ago. I do remember that I followed Mag's
walkthrough to the letter and finished the game without any problems. You just have to do every step that Mag says in the order in which he writes it, even though the game isn't linear. ENJOY!
Sandy

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/17/14 07:07 AM

Robert I don't recall what the trigger is that gets you to read the plague. The trigger is whatever game event it is that sets the game to activate whatever action or puzzle you need to do. Such as talking to Arnett who tells you about Dr. Capella. If you don't talk to Arnett you won't know to see the doctor and that electronic door puzzle won't activate. So yes the trigger is essential. Regarding the specific trigger you are asking about the trigger to read the poster is one of two things I listed above. The walk through says to find Talay Talayman's ID card. He is the guy running away in the cut scene. If finding his ID is not the trigger then it has to be when you go outside

Outside

Go to left screen, pass the elevators and go down the hall to see an exit sign. Use the security pass on the exit door. See a cut scene of a man sneaking along the grounds. The cutscene will include Phoenix chasing him but OUCH! He passed through the graveyard gate, while you landed on your bottom. Look at the plaque on the right. It is the Pater Noster. Look at the plaque to the left of the gate. Click it while in close up.

Your trigger is likely finding the Id or going outside to see that cut scene. Reviewing day one in walkthrough suggest those are the two most likely events to be the trigger. If that fails consider taking day one step by step in the walkthrough. If that fails it is likely you could have a bad install.

I played the game and then after writing the walkthrough played again following that step by step and had problems. I don't know if there were any patches issued but I did not need one with only using the DVD install.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/17/14 07:27 PM

hi oldmariner, i have read your response but i can't find that trigger. your reply seems fairly complete and you say reading the pater noster plaque is necessary. that being the case, is there any recourse open to me to progress? if not, i am well and truly stuck in the game. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/18/14 03:16 AM

Robert check your E-mail

I sent you two saves

There are two saves in this zip file. The one named number 003 is Phoenix in her office after completing what is listed in the walkthrough section labeled Graveyard gate Puzzle.
Everything in the walk through to the end of the gate puzzle section is done. Your next move would be to start with the next section titled PA Puzzle and map.

I don't know why you went back to day one when you got as far as the Capello office door puzzle on day two. I went back into the game and played up to Phoenix solving the electronic puzzle. If you use this save which is titled #041 Phoenix will be standing in front of the doctor's door you need to go inside and talk with her. When you do everything will be completed from the beginning of the walk through to the conclusion of the day 2 section titled Fix the security program.

When done with Dr. Capello continue the game with the next section in the walkthrough titled Phoenix's home

There are two files for each save and they both have to be renamed Change the number only or they won't work.You will see a pair of files named #003nif and 003sav the same for #041 if you change 003 to say 025 use the same number for both the nif and sav the pair.
The saves will have to be renamed to the next highest number in your game save file. Whichever save you wish to use, I'd suggest number 41 unless you really want to play day one over again. Number the save as the next number following the last save in your list. Your saves are located here if you are using Win 7
Users\User name\APP Data\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files(X86)\Strategy First\Culpa Innata\Data\Save game

If the game still in unresponsive my guess would be you have a bad install. Hope this helps

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/18/14 09:17 PM

hi oldmariner, i checked and re-checked my email over a long period of time and i don't have any saves. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/19/14 04:53 AM

Robert I will resend it to the e-mail address you have listed here in your user file. The e-mail did not bounce back. Check your spam folder The subject line says Culpa Innata Saves. At the bottom of the e-mail you should see Culpa.zip in the lower left with a link in blue that says download. Click on the download and you should get a zip file in windows 7 you simply right click on the file and select unzip here. There will be four files inside that zip 003.sav 003.nif 041.sav and 041.nif. Obviously they come in pairs and go together. The nif file is the picture that displays in the game and links to the sav. I sent another e-mail hopefully you will get this one.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/19/14 04:27 PM

hi oldmariner, my email address is outdated obviously. would you be kind enough to change it to EDITED . thank you very much. in the meantime, i will replay and follow youtube which, hopefully, will also take me to a successful conclusion. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/19/14 04:33 PM

Robert,

I also edited your profile with the new address. oldmariner can check there then. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/20/14 12:36 AM

Robert

I forwarded the mail to your new listed address. I hope this helps

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/20/14 05:41 PM

thank you MaG, robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/23/14 09:06 PM

hi MaG, i asked this before. why can't i select Audio Visual Viewing after visiting Bogdanov's house then turning on my office computer? can you tell what i am missing? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/23/14 09:21 PM

Do you have the graveyard CD? If so, use that on the Audio Visual frame.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/24/14 04:12 PM

MaG, the resulting square is highlighted in green. nothing happens when i click the arrow on the square. how do i get the image reconstructed as shown? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/24/14 05:00 PM

Continue with the procedure stated in the guide. At the Data Processing, you will be able to do the puzzle.

Audio Visual Viewing - Use the graveyard CD on the frame and see a device. Click the arrow and that data was erased.
Data Processing/Text Processing - Use the data dump from PA crash on text processing frame. Select Analyze and see the result as unrecognized text.
Data Processing/Image Processing - Use the data dump from PA crash on image processing frame. See part of a picture and word.
Click-hold a gray square and drop it on another square to form a picture and name. The colored areas are already at the correct place.
Once a correct piece is at the correct place, spatial match is seen. When completed, a blinking image reconstructed of Iustitia (justice) appears.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/24/14 05:58 PM

how do i get rid of that 'crossed out clutching hand'? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/24/14 07:26 PM

It is seen only when you cannot do an action. Look for something that you can do or click on then.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/25/14 04:39 PM

Merry Christmas MaG. i am not quite getting all of the Audio Visual Viewing business. do you have a youtube video on this i could watch please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/25/14 05:44 PM

I've been looking for the part of the video walkthrough that shows using the Audio Visual equipment in Phoenix's office, and I haven't been able to locate it right away. However, I did find the place in the video where Phoenix finds the gravestone CD, and that would be a good starting point if you care to view the video walkthrough. Start here at about 3 minutes 4 seconds:

YouTube Culpa Innata video walkthrough part 3

Continue watching the video in order, parts three, four, etc., and eventually you should see the sequence that you need.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/26/14 08:38 PM

hi Marian, what should i do after putting the iustitia image together and exiting the computer? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/26/14 10:25 PM

The walkthrough says that after you reconstruct the 3D butterly image, that for the walkthrough writer day 7 ended. If you can't go to the next step in the walkthrough now (day 8), then there may still be something else left to do in day seven. I would look over the walkthrough for day 7 and see what you might have missed.

Maybe someone else will be able to give you more specific advice.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 12:20 AM

hi Marian, now i cannot go anywhere. i can't even access the navigation map. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 12:41 AM

Hi robert, I'm afraid that all I can do at this point is to refer you to the walkthrough. Let's wait for someone who is more knowledgeable about the game. Sorry you are stuck.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 03:33 AM

Just a thought - is the image reconstructed? Did you get the text verification?

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 03:47 PM

hi MaG, yes, the image has been reconstructed but i don't know what you mean by text verification. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 04:58 PM

I think what MaG means when referring to text verification is this: does it say "image reconstructed" under the completed image, to let you know that it has been done correctly?

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 05:00 PM

Did it state on the image - picture that it is reconstructed?

Can you move around wherever you are and look around?
Check your PA and everything in it. A document (read), item (look close) or something else might trigger what you missed.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 05:50 PM

hi MaG, the description of the item in inventory reads PA crash butterfly image. i can't look around or access the navigation map. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 06:30 PM

If I deduced the guide correctly, if the image is done correctly - it should be labeled recovered image 2 - Iustitia.
It might be that you have not done the butterfly correctly.
Best to redo it.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 07:57 PM

MaG - whereabouts in the guide does it talk of the butterfly image so that i may read it and possibly reconstruct it properly? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/27/14 08:22 PM

Click on the following link to see a picture of the completed image; this is from MaG's guide:

Completed image

And the instructions from the guide:

Quote:
Data Processing/Image Processing - Use the data dump from PA crash on image processing frame. See part of a picture and word.

Click-hold a gray square and drop it on another square to form a picture and name. The colored areas are already at the correct place.

Once a correct piece is at the correct place, spatial match is seen. When completed, a blinking image reconstructed of Iustitia (justice) appears.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/29/14 05:54 PM

hi Marian,what does the diary mean by 3rd, 4th, 6th, 9th settings active? Dr. Cappelo. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 12/29/14 06:21 PM

Hi robert, all I can ascertain about the diary is this:

Quote:
Items written in red are to suggest things you still need to resolve. When resolved, the notes auto change into black writing.

I don't know if there's more to it than that. Let's wait for someone who can more fully answer your question.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/01/15 01:39 AM

hi Marian, having reconstructed the iustitia image, there is nowhere i can go. the navigation map says 'i prefer not to do that right now'. what should i do? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/01/15 03:31 AM

Can you get out of the computer and look around?

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/03/15 10:04 PM

yes MaG, but now i think i am stuck not unless you can tell me where to go from pyramid station which has the only picture. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/04/15 02:35 AM

This is from the walkthrough:

Open your PA to select the map and click on the Pyramid. The map should expand to show areas of the Pyramid you can visit, select the Thing Store. Remember the GPSN rule about limitations for interviewing people. You can ask anything in the conversation tree but to get the information you need you have to be selective, otherwise you may have to wait until the next day for a second interview to get the trigger to advance the game. For instance your interview at the Thing Store the first time there is with Alicia Cordoba. From her you need the names of other sales girls, Monica and Piper. You will also need to learn about the Peace Officer impersonator, Harry Callahan and construct a picture of him. At the Thing store you will visit Bogdanov's office and a kiosk across the street from the store.

See if that helps.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/04/15 04:10 PM

hi MaG, I have done all the steps listed in the walkthrough but i am 'stuck' at the pyramid STATION - perhaps you misread my post - and don't know how to proceed from the station. could you advise please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/04/15 04:49 PM

Now that you are at the pyramid, what does the map show you?
Does it show the places in the pyramid?
If so - check those places that you can access.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/05/15 05:28 PM

hi MaG, i have completed the thing store HQ, am at the metro tunnels trying to open the gate and enter the tunnels but the program won't let me. have i progressed too far or is there a prerequisite? now i can't progress any more. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/05/15 10:49 PM

A member posted this - Enter the tunnel after work hours and in plain clothes.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/08/15 04:44 PM

hi MaG, i probably have gone too far into the game but as you wrote, after a certain point, i forget which point, the game becomes non-linear. correct me if i am wrong, this means you can work on the game at any stage AFTER THIS POINT. well, i am at the Stardust Club trying to make glue to stick some wall which fell off. i am following your instructions exactly, but something is wrong. the water pitcher glows when used but the bowl, sugar, microwave doesn't. the glue doesn't go into inventory. i am anxious to hear what you say. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/08/15 06:57 PM

Robert,

As soon as you opened the navigation map and get places to go to - the game becomes non-linear. That is close to the start of the game.

From the guide:
Once locations are opened within the map the gameplay becomes highly non-linear and events, people, locations will be revealed or can be resolved in different orders. This guide will try to describe by characters or locations and is but one pathway through this game. Visit the characters or locations at your discretion.

Glue:

Did Phoenix say this: Phoenix can enter only if she says to fix the wall of the stage fast.

Did you click-hold the items to make glue?

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/08/15 07:35 PM

hi MaG, Glue questions, Yes and Yes. should the bowl, sugar and microwave glow also? if yes, i am definitely doing something wrong. i wonder what it could be? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/08/15 07:39 PM

I really do not remember. Try the preparation and see.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/09/15 04:06 PM

MaG, i have rechecked the glue preparation and am back at square 1. i keep getting stuck at glue making and can't get bowl, sugar or microwave to highlight. i really don't have anywhere to go short of starting all over again. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/09/15 04:19 PM

Robert, did you close-up examine the instruction leaflet that tells you how to prepare the mixture? You should have picked this up from Arnett's salon earlier in the game. The bowl and sugar etc. might not become active until you've checked it.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/09/15 07:45 PM

thanks for mentioning Arnett's salon, Rushes. the problem being, i was waiting for that 'phone call' which never came BEFORE my session in the Stardust Club. how do i get back to wait for that call? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/09/15 07:59 PM

The phone call from Arnett's won't come until a little later on. Every time I've played the game, I've had to wait a good long while for that call to get an appointment with Roger Arnett. So just continue on, don't worry about it, it'll happen. Just make sure that you pay attention to the red entries in your journal, see if you can do anything to grey those out. Also revisit all locations inside and outside of the pyramid, and speak to everyone. Dialogue is absolutely critical in this game -- the whole experience is dialogue driven.

Did examining the leaflet solve your problem with the glue preparation?

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/11/15 08:34 PM

hi Rushes, can the red items in the diary ever be resolved? i don't see how, robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/11/15 08:57 PM

According to MaG's strategy guide:

Quote:
Goals or things to do are written in red ink in the diary, once completed they turn to black ink.

It sounds like eventually they will all turn to black ink.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/11/15 09:57 PM

Yes, they'll all turn black eventually, but some tasks just can't be completed until much later in the game. Work through what you can in the meantime.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/15/15 05:54 PM

hi Rushes, i am following oldmariner's walkthrough. at day 6, Phoenix's office, 'examine the pictured. the boss suggested she investigate'. is this a typo? i am confused! what is meant by this? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/15/15 06:06 PM

Yes, it could be a typo. If you're following the walkthrough, it sounds as if you next need to search for the impersonator on the census database. So continue from there.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/15/15 08:17 PM

hi Rushes, where do i find the census database? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/15/15 08:19 PM

On Phoenix's computer in her office.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/15/15 08:32 PM

hi Rushes, i know it is on Phoenix's computer but where? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/15/15 09:11 PM

Hi Robert, try clicking on Search while on the computer, and then see if the Census Database comes up as an option.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/17/15 01:40 AM

hi Marian, when i use the hacker's data file with the 'gears' on the frame, i don't get 'file corrupted'. can you tell why please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/17/15 01:55 AM

Were you informed that hackers have gotten into your file?
Did you use that hacker file on Data Processing/Image Processing pages?

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/17/15 03:57 PM

hi MaG, when i use the hacker's data file on the Data Processing/Image Processing i get a crossed out grasping hand. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/17/15 07:45 PM

Then you can proceed to decode it now. Check the guide for the solution.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/17/15 09:08 PM

hi Mag, how can i proceed with a crossed out hand? unless i am misreading the guide, no obvious mention is made to a crossed-out hand. i have spent a lot of time on this game so i am very prepared to be corrected as i was convinced i was stymied. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/17/15 09:59 PM

The Hexadecimal editor appears after the File Corrupted result.
See several red ? that are needed to be decoded. Based on the reference numbers-letters above the puzzle, find out the number or letter corresponding to the red (?).
Start with a group of 4 that has one red question mark first. Click the question mark until they turn blue. Continue on until all the single red question marks set are decoded.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/18/15 04:53 PM

hi MaG, i can't even get as far as the 'file corrupted' message, i presume, because of the crossed out hand. if only i could get past that pesky crossed out hand then i could get on with this game. have you any suggestions please. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/18/15 06:32 PM

I don't know what to tell you. It might help if you go back to a saved game and play over. It might show you what you are missing.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/18/15 07:38 PM

hi MaG, i have gone back to the thing store to talk to Piper. is it best to use oldmariner's W/T or your guide until i get past the 'file corrupted' scenario? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/18/15 07:52 PM

I think you have been using oldmariner's walkthrough sequence - so use that. The guide is not in a step by step sequence.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/19/15 12:53 AM

hi MaG, i didn't get the 'file corrupted' message. is this important as i get the hexadecimal editor screen. do i carry on as if i got the message? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/19/15 12:59 AM

Yes please. Do the hexadecimal puzzle. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/19/15 05:42 PM

hi MaG, i have reconstructed the 3D butterfly images. the next item is omega 8 where i take a photo of the butterfly advert. according to oldmariner W/T. am i on the right track and how do i get there? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/19/15 08:53 PM

You want to go to station omega 10 (not 8). Go to metro station and the to the sign omega 10.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/19/15 09:56 PM

MaG, what steps do i have to make to get there from the 3D butterfly images? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/19/15 11:11 PM

See if you have Metro station in your PA map.
If not, if my memory serves me correctly, you can walk there when you step out of the office building. There's path you can follow.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/20/15 05:59 PM

hi MaG, if after seeing a map of the metro with X marks the spot, where do i go? change clothes and then enter metro tunnels or go to ancient library to look for Julius?

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/20/15 10:51 PM

robert -- it's up to you. You can only go into the metro tunnels at night, so if it's still daylight why not go to the library in the meantime.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/22/15 12:24 AM

hi Rushes, i chose ancient library after which decrypted Cyrillic text. do i have to check each word letter by letter or is there a faster way before Phoenix comments? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/22/15 01:11 AM

It might be best if you do so.
"Translate each letter by clicking the appropriate English letter on the left and click the Cyrillic letter on the right. Do this to all the letters even if they have similar letters in translation. After translation is completed, get Bogdanov's name list in inventory."

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/22/15 04:48 PM

if, after translating each letter, i find i am unable to report to chief Morssen, what is the best strategy to find my mistake? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/22/15 05:27 PM

Some letters are extremely similar in both Cyrillic and standard alphabets. Double check your letters very carefully -- particularly all the vowels, and the T.

Phoenix will confirm as soon as all letters are correct.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 01:15 AM

hi Rushes, i cannot find my mistake even though i checked my letters 3 or 4 or more times and can't get Phoenix to comment. i am getting fed up. what are the consequences of hitting reset? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 03:04 AM

I think reset will erase all your entry and you start over.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 04:48 PM

hi MaG, if i reset, what are the chances i 'overwrite' where i went wrong the first time and is it worth a shot to get Phoenix to comment? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 05:40 PM

Do any of the changeable letters highlight when you move your cursor over them? If I recall correctly, that means that the letter has been misplaced and can be adjusted.

Otherwise, why not take a close look at MaG's screenshot above, which shows the solution. See if you can spot where your own puzzle differs.

If you decide to reset, you will literally have to start the puzzle over from the beginning.
Posted By: cyanne

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 08:14 PM

I have a bug in culpa innata. Cannot get out of the cafeteria. I am almost at the end and am very frustrated. Thanks. Cannot fing save games nowhere.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 09:48 PM

Hi cyanne, do you mean that the game is repeatedly crashing at the same point, or freezing? Are you able to go back to an earlier save and replay this section? Sometimes that can sort out the odd game bug.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 10:07 PM

Hi Rushes
No the game do not crashe or freeze. When I try to go out of the cafeteria I comme back to the cafeteria. I did try an earlier save and replay the section just before entering the cafeteria. I go in the cafeteria take the circuit board, look at the meat plate and look around and when I try to go back to the door to get out the same thing happens, I reenter the cafeteria.No way of getting out. I closed the game reopened it nothing doing. Thanks for answering me.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/23/15 10:17 PM

There are are couple of old threads that relate to the same problem. The first one in particular might help:

Cafeteria 1

Cafeteria 2

luck and let us know how you get on.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 02:05 AM

thanks for the old threads Rushes but they don't help me much. i think the problem stems back to the cyrillic text and translation table. as best you can, would you be good enough to describe, in inventory, what i should be looking for. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 02:45 AM

Using the pictured solution - use the completed name as a clue.
Click on the English letters on the left to change the name on the right to English.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 02:44 PM

Robert -- my last post was actually in reply to cyanne's problem. wink My reply to you was at the very top of the page.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 04:35 PM

hi Rushes, would you please give me an answer to my post which reads in part ...'what i should be looking for' as i don't really understand MaG's reply. sorry MaG if you are reading this. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 05:35 PM

There's nothing in your inventory that you need for this puzzle. MaG's advice holds good -- you need to examine the screenshot that she posted a little while back, that shows the completed puzzle. Closely examine each letter -- the T, for example, is similar in Cyrillic to English. It is easy to mistake one for the other. Then compare with your own puzzle in-game. Do any letters in *your* puzzle differ to how the completed solution is displayed? The difference could be very small, but it is crucial.

And, as I posted up above:

Do any of the changeable letters highlight when you move your cursor over them? If I recall correctly, that means that the letter has been misplaced and can be adjusted.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 09:35 PM

Hi Rushes
Nothing doing I cannot get out of the cafeteria. Went to look at your links cafeteria 1 and 2 and it doesn't help. I even downloaded the patch, nothing doing again. I don't know how this guy (steven I think) got out but I don't. Does it have to do with the rotating room?
It is such a fantastic game it is a shame that I have to let it go. I never had a bug in the game till now. But thanks for your help anyhow.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 10:00 PM

It is ok rushes it is like the guy stephen said. Except that you have You have to be in the turning tower and click on the door and you are automatically outside. How stupid AM I. Thanks for the links and help.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/24/15 10:14 PM

Glad you figured it out, cyanne! Enjoy the rest of the game now. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/25/15 02:45 AM

hello Rushes. anti chaos letter puzzle - where are the letters ACEP that have to be pushed in to make Phoenix comment? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/25/15 03:33 AM

In room 9-2 - Go to the back wall and look close at the Anti-Chaos writings.
Click ACEP letters and see them pushed in.
Do it until Phoenix says: 'wonder what the anti-chaos people say about this'.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/25/15 04:02 PM

i know MaG, but which ACEP letters on the wall? there are many of them. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/25/15 04:11 PM

I found this note on another forum; maybe this will help:

Quote:
Back away from the wall and think on the clues. You can only push A, C, E, and P's,

which are the letters in "PEACE" a word clued at the kiosks, other places in the metro tunnels, etc.

so 5 letters, 5 numbers.

So 1 = the first "P' that appears in the passage on the wall and is also the 1st tile pushed. (1st in the word PEACE and the 1st in the numerical sequence)

2 = the 2nd "E" that appears on the passage of the wall. and the 2nd tile pushed. (note this number is the 2nd in the sequence and the 2nd in the word PEACE)

8 = the eighth "A" and as it is the third number in the sequence (and the word PEACE) is the third tile pushed

and so on. locate those, push them in order, and bingo

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/25/15 08:42 PM

hi Marian, i am at a deadend and would like to FINISH this clever/frustrating game but from the outset, i couldn't, as looking at MaG's guide, i saw out of the corner of my eye, places i couldn't get to. the 'walkthroughs' didn't take me to these places ?PERIOD?. i know Culpa Innata is non-linear but how can you ever finish this game without following events in some sort of sequence? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/25/15 11:05 PM

It sounds like a pretty difficult and tricky game, Robert. Let us know where you have come up against the dead end and maybe a player will be able to help you.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/25/15 11:21 PM

Robert,

The game doesn't have a dead end.

There are some gamers that play cold (no walkthrough). I do not use one unless I get into a puzzle that I can't solve - then I pull my hair or scream.
When you enter a game cold, you do not know what to do unless the dialogue-item clues you in or an objective is stated. Then you follow that trail.
Pay attention to the clues, the story, the items you pick up and places you have been to. Then you can check where the trail goes. That is the adventuring part of the game.

Most game now a days - lead you with very blatant trail. You just follow it like a dog on a leash.
Culpa Innata is not one of those. Part of the adventuring is to know where to go next, what to do and learn how to do it.

The walkthrough was made by oldmariner checking where to go next and then do what is in the strategy guide. He played it and finished the game.

Read his walkthrough again and see what you missed. Good luck. Don't get frustrated. Maybe relax and then go back and play.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/26/15 05:20 PM

thanks for the reality check, MaG. without being led like a 'dog on a leash' i like to use a reliable walkthrough to keep me on track and direct me to a successful game ending and not be sidetracked by 'red herrings'. yes, i may get despondent at times but that's part of the game. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/27/15 04:30 PM

hi MaG, Decryption: where do i get the Cyrillion handwritten text from and what does it look like? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/27/15 05:44 PM

During your next visit to Bogdanov's Office:

Second visit: This visit is triggered when Larissa Lukin mentions Bogdanov's grandparents. Use the elevator to go to Bogdanov's office. Look at the photo album. Take photo of the grandparents with the baby. Click the picture to turn the photo over. Use camera on back of photo to get Cyrillic handwritten text and 3865959.

luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/28/15 04:25 PM

MaG, i have translated each letter into English but don't see Bogdanov's name list in inventory nor automatically reported to Chief Morssen. should i have visited any of these people on this list prior to translating? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/28/15 06:49 PM

No need to visit these guys.
Please double check your translation again - that might be what is holding your getting the finished product in inventory.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/28/15 08:44 PM

hi MaG, could 'i prefer not to do that now' have anything to do with my inability to close off? i don't think i am ending the game properly having to depress the Windows key and what do i do about it?. i have double checked the translation again and again. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/29/15 12:26 AM

Did Phoenix comment that you got them right in the end?

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/29/15 01:19 AM

MaG. no she did not. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/29/15 04:06 AM

I don't know what else to say but that puzzle is not solved yet. That is what is holding you back.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/30/15 02:31 AM

hi MaG, i have looked at several Youtube videos for a clue as to where i went wrong in the translation but couldn't find the right place. can you please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/30/15 03:23 AM

Robert,

I don't have the game. Sorry.

You can check letter for letter here:

luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/31/15 08:08 PM

hi MaG, i re-checked and the 'O' corrected it. HOORAY! robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 01/31/15 08:25 PM

praise
Wonderful! Glad you got through!

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/01/15 06:38 PM

hi again MaG, i read the flyer but then i am having trouble making glue behind the now vacant bar. do you have a video showing the whole process as i presume the bowl glows which it doesn't when i try? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/01/15 07:37 PM

I can't find any video for the glue making - unless I am looking at the wrong video. I can't find it in the Russian video.
Have you tried the solution here. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/01/15 08:27 PM

thanks for the UHS hints MaG. i was hoping they might help me to get the bowl and microwave to 'glow' to cook the mixture giving me the gel. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/01/15 09:21 PM

Have you fixed the relief already? Please double check if you have completely solved that puzzle. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/01/15 09:56 PM

hi MaG, i have NOT solved the puzzle. i was hoping UHS would help. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/01/15 10:00 PM

You have to solve the relief puzzle first before you use glue on it.
So put the relief together - then check it - then make the glue. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/01/15 11:53 PM

i HAVE solved the relief puzzle but NOT the glue puzzle. it is the bowl and microwave that are giving me trouble. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/02/15 02:06 AM

Did she say - Phoenix says to 'fix it fast' after you did the wood relief puzzle?

Are you doing it this way?
Click-hold 1 cup on water and then click measured water on bowl. Click-hold 1/2 cup on water and click measured water on bowl.
Click-hold 1/2 cup on sugar and then click the measured sugar on bowl.
Click 1 tablespoon on lemon and then click it on bowl. Repeat to get 2 tablespoon of lemon in bowl.
Take bowl and click it on microwave.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/02/15 03:38 PM

MaG, yes, i did it that way. now i have to 'turn on' the microwave to heat up the ingredients to make sticky gel. robert

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/02/15 04:27 PM

Robert,

Did you do what Rushes posted earlier?
Robert, did you close-up examine the instruction leaflet that tells you how to prepare the mixture? You should have picked this up from Arnett's salon earlier in the game. The bowl and sugar etc. might not become active until you've checked it.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/02/15 04:42 PM

When the mixture is ready for the microwave, all you need to do is pick up the bowl with the mixture and click it on the microwave, as MaG said in her post above. It should automatically heat the mixture. Be careful not to accidentally discard the contents, otherwise you'll have to start over again.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/02/15 05:20 PM

hi Rushes, i must have missed something along the way. Phoenix definitely said 'fix it fast'. what could it be? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/02/15 05:33 PM

I'm not sure as to what the problem here might be, robert.

Are you able to pick up the bowl? Try moving your cursor around the bowl area if you can't find the hotspot to take it.

Once you have the bowl on your cursor, you can click the bowl directly on the microwave.

If the mixture doesn't turn out right, then you need to double check the ingredients that you add to a new bowl, and make sure you are using the correct measuring utensils.

luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/03/15 07:04 PM

Rushes, Bogdanov's fnancial report. Phoenix says to add Gillian Jones to nav. map but i don't see her name. is this OK? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/03/15 07:07 PM

Gillian Jones is inside the Pyramid, so click on that and you should see her location. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/03/15 07:43 PM

thanks Rushes. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/03/15 09:09 PM

You're welcome. Enjoy the game.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/05/15 08:29 PM

hi Rushes. Smoke Puzzle - 'look close at the pipes under the right shelf when facing the back of the room'. i can't find these pipes! can you help, please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/05/15 11:08 PM

Just as you enter the main room, see if you can either move across or get a close-up of the wall along the right side. The pipes are close to the floor. I can't recall for sure if you'll need to move a little forward first. Try and see. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/06/15 04:41 PM

thanks Rushes. i am now at Adrianopolis University 2nd visit. oldmariner in his walkthrough jumps to Carpe Diem but i don't have an icon for this location. what should i do? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/06/15 05:03 PM

Carpe Diem is located in the Pyramid. It's triggered by a conversation in the cafe with Sandra where you both discuss DeVille -- assuming you have already spoken with DeVille at his apartment.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/09/15 12:18 AM

hi Rushes. Pierre de Villes's house. Phoenix reports his handgun to ballistics lab. all the locations on the navigation map are closed and oldmariner's walkthrough doesn't say where to go next. any advice please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/09/15 02:15 PM

Is there nowhere else in the Pyramid that you can go, to talk to people? How about the Thing Store?

Have you checked your journal to see if there's anything written in red there that you can do?

If you've spoken to everyone that you can for the day, and they won't talk to you anymore, waiting until the next day will allow you to speak to them again. (Unless their locations are permanently greyed out now.)

If it's mid to late-afternoon, you can go to the gym (in the Pyramid) to kill time, or even go to your office and write up your report for the day. Once it's close to seven in the evening, you can go out to any night-time locations in the Pyramid if they're available, or see Sandra (if she called you), or just go to bed. Next day, you should be able to speak to more people.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/10/15 05:42 PM

hi Rushes, thanks. i now have found the circuit board and am trying to get to control panel. i can't get there using MaG's guide - so sorry MaG. is there another way? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/10/15 08:12 PM

Which circuit board is this, robert? Where are you in the game? And what control panel?

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/10/15 09:02 PM

terribly sorry Rushes. in the cafeteria after chasing Talayman. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/10/15 11:05 PM

This is from the guide:
After getting the circuit board - Go back to the left and exit the cafeteria.
Go back to the shaft and right to the end of the straight rail track. It ends at a rail car in front of a dark opening. Go back to the Grand Shaft.
Go right to the fenced in area and see a control panel on a stand.

From the walkthrough:
Go back to the shaft and right to the end of the straight rail track. It ends at a rail car in front of a dark opening. Go back to the Grand Shaft for another puzzle to light that dark passageway.
Go right to the fenced in area that is in the large circular area called the Grand Shaft. See a control panel on a stand.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/11/15 09:27 PM

hi MaG, MINE. i cannot find the full gas canister using your guide. it seems like a real 'pixel hunt'. is it near 'a destroyed petroleum tank?'. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/11/15 09:32 PM

Phoenix is transported to an abandoned mine.
Look straight and click the ancient locomotive. Go beside it and take the lever.
Go forward to the mine entrance and pick up the funnel on the ground right of the chimney.
Go close to the mine entrance and see that it is dark in there. We need light.

Go back to the fence area, go right and see the sleeping barracks with a Russian sign.
Go right of the sleeping barracks and pick up the wire by the destroyed stone wall.
Go back left of the area by following the wire fence.
Far behind another sleeping barracks is a destroyed building with exposed beams.
Enter that destroyed building and pick up the full gas canister.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/12/15 01:56 AM

hi MaG, unfortunately i can't get the canister. do you have access to a video please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/12/15 02:27 AM

I have not seen a video at this part of the game. Sorry.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/12/15 08:43 PM

hi MaG, i have searched around the ancient locomotive from all angles possible to me for the lever with no success. how do i find it? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/12/15 10:37 PM

Be sure that you are at the locomotive. Then stand by it and look around. I really do not know what other help I can give.
Maybe someone can give a more specific answer for you.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/13/15 09:24 PM

hi MaG, Power lines and lights. very very close to the end. your guide says both lights go on but as i follow each coloured light as per the guide, only the left one lights up. what do i have to do to get both. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/13/15 10:46 PM

Hi robert, if I am understanding correctly where you are in the game, maybe following these UHS hints step by step will help.

Let us know.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/16/15 04:16 PM

hi Marian, i am at the monitoring room, visual processing. i have done most frames and know what the crash scene looks like but can't get what look like a plank, to the immediate right of the wheel/tire. where is it hiding? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/16/15 04:23 PM

Hi Robert, if you have already looked at the walkthrough for this part of the game, maybe using UHS hints again will help. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 12:52 AM

hi again Marian. i am in Chief Morssen's office and according to oldmariner, Phoenix is ordered to interview Mikhailov. when i change clothes and go to Stardust and interview Mikhailov, i can't get him to say anything about brother in law Bogdanov but he makes small-talk and doesn't admit to being Larissa's brother. what do i do? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 01:08 AM

Hmm. It sounds like you missed a step if Mikhailov is just making small talk. After repairing the sets of frames of the video, I'm reading that you should take Lena's sketch of the device and go to the Monitoring Room on the second floor of your office building and ask Harold for help, then give him the device VR image.

Let us know if you have already done this.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 02:01 AM

hi again. yes i have already done that. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 02:52 AM

Did Chief Morssen ask for that interview or you just saw it in the walkthrough?
Have you talked to Fabian about Bogdanov's friends at the club?

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 03:54 PM

Chief Morssen didn't actually ask for the interview in the game. i saw it in the walkthrough. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 04:06 PM

Then you have to do things so that she will ask for that interview then.
Go talk to Fabian about Bogdanov's friends at the club and see if he mentions Mikhailov.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 05:59 PM

hi, i spoke to Fabian but he never even mentioned Bogdanov or Mikhailov. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/17/15 09:51 PM

Since you're following the walkthrough did you do these when you finished the relief at the club?
"Ask about Bogdanov's friends at the club. Learn about Mikhailov who is sitting in the room. Ask about the lady sitting with him she is Mata Hari. See them leave when Phoenix notices them. You can do no more here, go home to end your day."

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 02:48 AM

my saves don't go back that far, overwriting and such. is there any other way? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 03:05 AM

Try going back to the club and talk to the bartender again. See if something happens. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 02:40 PM

Also remember that you can only ask a certain number of questions of any character in one day. So if Fabian won't talk anymore right now, wait until the next evening to try again.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 05:56 PM

hi Rushes, have spoken to Fabian, gone back to Phoenix's house umpteen times. i am just going round in circles trying to get to the end, robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 06:03 PM

Look at what other locations on your map are still active right now. Check both inside and outside the Pyramid, both daytime and night-time. Visit these locations and see what new dialogues you can get with other people.

Also, do remember to check your journal and see what entries are still in red. That might give you an idea as to what else you might do.

That might help to get the game moving again, to the point where Fabian gives you the dialogue you need about Mikhailov. If there is critical dialogue that you've missed elsewhere in the game, then that's why Fabian isn't talking.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 08:16 PM

hi again Rushes, the only locations still active are Phoenix's house and the pyramid. given these very limited locations, is it still possible to go back to check those critical dialogues i have missed? and where should i check? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 08:20 PM

OK, good, so the Pyramid is still active. When you click on the Pyramid, which shops/locations are lit, indicating that you can visit them? Check both during the day, and the night. Visit them when you can. If they are lit, then there are people there that you still need to speak to.

Also, I repeat, check your journal.

That's all I'm able to suggest, seeing as how the game is so non-linear. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/18/15 09:13 PM

hi Rushes, the only locations lit are Stardust which i have done in and pyramid station. the journal entries in red are old, going way, way back e.g. when i first started or there abouts. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/19/15 02:39 PM

The red journal entries are old, but is it possible to complete any of them now? What are they? smile

Is there anything in your inventory that needs looking at further -- a document, or object?

Are no locations active in the Pyramid during the day?

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/19/15 04:03 PM

hello Rushes, unfortunately i have decided to restart. where are the best scenarios to look out for those crucial dialogues i missed, and what are they, to ensure Mikhailov says he is Bogdanov's brother-in-law towards the ending? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/21/15 07:24 PM

Rushes, i am at the almost complete 'iustitia' picture' with a wedge, triangular shaped piece missing out of green/red right-hand 'leaf', and don't know how to fill it. i have a tiny, grey, piece of puzzle left which doesn't fit anywhere. can you help? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/22/15 12:30 AM

Robert, Take a look at the completed picture here and see if you can deduce where your extra piece should go.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/22/15 01:54 AM

thanks MaG, i have studied the completed picture a thousand times but still cannot figure out where it goes. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/22/15 01:57 AM

Replay that part and see. You did it before - you can do it again. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/22/15 03:39 AM

I really admire your persistence with this game, Robert. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/22/15 05:46 PM

hi Marian and Mag, thanks. i really love everything about this game - story, humour, graphics etc. i know i played it years ago but it seems more enjoyable - AND MORE DIFFICULT, even with the walkthrough - the 2nd time around. maybe time is catching up with me - CHUCKLE. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/23/15 12:46 AM

Glad that you're enjoying the game.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/25/15 05:29 PM

hi MaG, is the epilaser flyer important to have in inventory as i can't get one - the camera is too fast for me? can i skip it? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/25/15 05:42 PM

Hi Robert, the epilaser flyer is important because that's how you will get the homemade wax recipe that you will need a little later on in the game.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/25/15 07:16 PM

hi Marian, how do i 'pick up' the flyer? the camera literaly 'flies' over the flyer, pardon the pun please. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/25/15 07:48 PM

I'm not familiar with the control scheme for this game, so let's wait for someone else to advise you on this. There must be a way to slow down the camera.

I'll pardon the pun. grin

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/25/15 10:54 PM

After left clicking on the pile of flyer - did you check if a flyer is in inventory?

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/26/15 12:02 AM

hi MaG, my original post more or less says i can't 'catch' a flyer in the first place. i would like to know how to slow down the camera so i can pick up a flyer. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/26/15 02:07 AM

What camera? I don't recall using a camera to pick up an item.
Can you not use the cursor?

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/26/15 02:51 AM

hi MaG. i suppose i picked the wrong choice of words. of course there's no camera. i was talking about the 'flying' view. how can i pick up as epilaser flyer when the view doesn't settle down long enough? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/26/15 02:56 AM

Is this movement the norm during your gameplay?
That's weird. Maybe you can check the video options to slow down movements.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/28/15 12:02 AM

hi MaG, where is the gym located and how do i get to it? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/28/15 12:04 AM

Looking at the walkthrough, it appears that the gym is located at the Pyramid.

And MaG's strategy guide says:

Quote:
You can use the map of the Pyramid and see the street layout and where the known buildings are located. See Fallen Soldier's monument, the NGO poster by the WVS (World Vegetarian Society), NGO kiosk, Metro entrances and GreenPeas poster. Phoenix can do her exercise at her favorite gym.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/28/15 02:29 AM

hi Marian, at the thing store, Piper 3rd visit, i can't get her to talk about Bogdanov's visit to Russia or visitor nor could i get to GPSN Offices immigrant interviews. what should i do. please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 02/28/15 02:45 AM

Hi Robert, I am not sure what you might have missed such that these events/conversations are not taking place. Until someone else comes along who might know more as to what you should do specifically, try checking your diary and seeing what items are written in red that you still need to resolve - maybe that will give you some ideas as to what to try to do next.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/09/15 11:09 PM

hi Marian, i can't access Carpe Diem which oldmariner's walkthrough calls for. i received a call from Roger Arnett studio and received a free image makeover. how can i progress in the game without Carpe Diem lighting up? the diary doesn't give a clue. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/09/15 11:29 PM

It looks like Carpe Diem will become available once you discuss DeVille with Sandra. If you haven't done that yet or aren't able to do that yet, then it sounds like there is something else (or maybe more than one thing) that you need to do first.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/10/15 02:42 PM

hi Marian, so i can get my bearings, whereabouts should i discuss Deville with Sandra? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/10/15 03:40 PM

According to the walkthrough, you talk with Sandra at the Cafe Rose.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/10/15 07:40 PM

hi Marian, i have tracked/boiled all your answers down to the following question - how do i examine Financial Audit for Pierre DeVille? the question is asked but is not answered how on Day 17 of oldmariner's W/T. i have searched all possibilities on Phoenix's computer and came up blank. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/10/15 08:44 PM

Hi Robert, I took a look at MaG's strategy guide and here is some information that may be of help to you (concerning the financial audit and when you are allowed to examine it):

Quote:
Chief Morssen's Office: Phoenix reports about DeVille's interview. After report ask for financial audit warrant on Pierre DeVille. It is approved and Dagmar will approach the judge.

Phoenix' house: Go home to bed.

Day 13

Phoenix's Office: Get a message from Julio.

Go somewhere like the Pyramid and get a call that the financial audit for DeVille is approved. Check the PA, Inventory and DeVille's Financial report. Scroll through the 3 pages of report.

See if you have done all the steps necessary in order to be able to scroll through the report.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/10/15 11:54 PM

hi Marian, i don't mind admitting i am lost! re quote. where do you see that passage in MaG's strategy guide just to check what i am missing. thanks, robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/11/15 12:34 AM

Robert,

To facilitate looking for a subject matter in a walkthrough or any document - use the "find" feature.
- In browsers, open the "edit" tab at top of the page.
- Select "find".
- Enter the topic-word you want to search on the search white frame that will appear. Sometimes it is at bottom of the page and sometimes a separate frame.
- You will see the word search on that page or document. Use the arrows to go up and down.

This way, you can find the info you need.
- Open the strategy guide.
- Do a search or find.
- Enter "financial audit" and see if that helps.
luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/11/15 03:51 PM

hi MaG, thanks for the info. you learn something new every day. unfortunately, typing in 'financial audit' didn't work for me so perhaps we can go back to post 1005984 and let Marian answer it. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/11/15 03:58 PM

It worked for me. You can find financial audit under:
- Chief Dagmar Morssen's office heading (midway the wt).
- Carpe Diem visit heading (close to end of wt).

Those are where Marian's quotes are located.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/11/15 11:45 PM

hi MaG, - Chief Morssen's office. Phoenix reports DeVille's firearm. i am here. what does 'flaming call' mean. IS THIS A TYPO? in any case, i don't get a call. if i follow oldmariner's W/T, presumably from Roger Arnett's salon. i am still waiting for something to happen. what do you suggest? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/12/15 12:21 AM

Did the firearm get sent to the ballistics department already?
If so - there is a wait before you get a report.
Get a call from Chief Morssen that the gun is not the one that is used to murder Bogdanov. The GPSN had apologized with a 6 digits sum to Pierre Deville.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/12/15 01:26 AM

I found an old walkthrough of this game I wrote in 2006.
I'll see if it's complete and post it later.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/12/15 01:35 AM

hi MaG, after the 6 digit sum, where do you suggest i go? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/12/15 01:57 AM

Here's the walkthrough I wrote in 2006 - click here.

See if you can find where you are now.

You're in day 14 in my walkthrough.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/15/15 12:50 AM

hi MaG,after the image processing is completed and Phoenix reports the illegal tobacco, i find i don't have Lena's sketch in inventory and i am unable to access her house. i am reluctant to go back. what do i do? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/15/15 01:10 AM

Go to Arnett's salon.

From a walkthrough:

Chief Morssen's Office: Phoenix reports about the illegal tobacco.

Arnett's Salon: Talk to Arnett after passing through Gladys. Ask him about Bogdanov's NCO duties. Phoenix hears a different outlook in life.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/15/15 05:19 PM

hi MaG, i went to Arnett's salon, asked about Bogdanov's NGO duties, and then your reply leaves me hanging - then what? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/15/15 06:24 PM

Hi Robert, try referring to MaG's walkthrough that she posted here. Check out what you are supposed to do on day 15 (after you have asked about Bogdanov's NCO duties). Just keep in mind that the game is not linear, so you may have to completely review day 14 and day 15 in her walkthrough.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/16/15 02:04 AM

hi Marian, does MaG write anywhere when Lena or her computer calls to say she has returned from the rehab centre? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/16/15 02:24 AM

Hi Robert, I see this in the day-14 section (the last line being the notification that Lena is home from rehab).

Quote:
Chief Morssen's Office: The Warrant for the impersonator was approved. The Chief has requested a Special Forces Team to help in the apprehension of the underground people. Chief Executive, Mr. Hamilton arrives and cancel the orders. The underground people are under his personal orders. Crystal clear!

Get a message that Lena Vanderbilt is back home.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/16/15 07:37 PM

hi Marian, i may have asked this before. Phoenix reports to the chief about illegal tobacco. how do i get the sketch of Lena's virtual reality device into inventory? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/16/15 08:15 PM

Talk to Lena at her house and learn about the Virtual Reality device and Bogdanov's rentals. Get a virtual device sketch in inventory.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/16/15 08:16 PM

The walkthrough says:

Quote:
Talk to Lena and learn about the Virtual Reality device and Bogdanov's rentals. Get a virtual device sketch in inventory.

It sounds to me that, if you have done all the necessary steps up to this point, the sketch ends up automatically in your inventory.

If this isn't happening for you, then I would go over the walkthrough to see what you still need to do in order to arrive at this point.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/21/15 06:48 PM

hi Marian, Day 7, Child Development Center, - i have restarted the game for countless times, this time following oldmariner's walkthrough. there is nothing i can click on to make Kati do any of the things listed in the Child Development Center W/T. where or what can i do with the CDC? is this section REALLY essential to the game or can i completely skip it? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/21/15 07:17 PM

Here's what MaG's walkthrough says about this section of the game - the Child Development Center:

Quote:
Read the CDC essay paper on the end of the bulletin board.

Talk to the obnoxious young girl in pink working on the computer. Look around the playroom on the right.

Look close at the rabbit candy machine. Press the red nose and take a candy. Give the candy to the obnoxious young girl. Kiwi flavored candy, oh my!

Go back to the Rabbit candy machine and press the hand to cycle the candy selection: cherry, peach, raspberry, orange and strawberry. No kiwi. Press the nose again and take another candy.

Kiwi candy - Look around the room and see edible play dough at far side of the room. Look close and see different colors of play dough. Take (click-hold) a bit of blue and place on empty square. Take a bit of yellow and add to bit of blue to make a green play dough. Add a bit of white to make a kiwi colored play dough. Take the candy from inventory and use it on the kiwi colored play dough to get kiwi candy.

Give kiwi candy to the brat. She finally paged Kati. Talk to Kati.

Follow this step by step and see if you are able to talk to Kati.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/21/15 07:59 PM

hi Marian, yes i can talk to Kati for the 1st time at the CDC but i am talking about the 3rd and supposedly last time at he CDC. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/21/15 08:05 PM

Oh, I see. Someone else will have to tell you if this is vital to your investigation and/or what you might have missed, because I'm really not sure.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/21/15 08:19 PM

Maybe it is not time for you to do anything at CDC at the moment.
Have you talked to Sandra about what you found at CDC on your first visit?
Have you learned about the affair of Kati?
Have you checked Bogdanov's place yet?

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/21/15 09:44 PM

hi MaG, yes, yes and yes. can you think of what/where else i should check? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/21/15 11:30 PM

Try talking to Dr. Capello again about Kati and/or Bogdanov.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/22/15 12:59 PM

hi MaG, CDC. how do i get Kati to tell me her career choice? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/22/15 04:00 PM

Look around at everything at CDC and then talk to Kati.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/22/15 04:56 PM

hi MaG, the dialog choices won't allow me to look around. i am 'boxed in'. BTW, i am referring to the 3rd visit to the CDC. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/22/15 09:55 PM

Why don't you go there later in the game to see if something happens.
Go to Stardust Club and see what you can find out.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/28/15 03:03 PM

hi MaG, what seems like the zillianth time i have re-started Culpa Innata, i keep hitting a brick wall at the CDC 3rd visit. how do i get Kati to tell Phoenix her career choice and attempt at joint counseling? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/28/15 05:52 PM

Hi Robert, sorry you are stuck again - I know that can be frustrating. Look over MaG's suggestions that she has already posted in this thread, and try going to any other available locations to see what you might have missed.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/28/15 06:25 PM

hi Marian, i am appealing for help here - as i already said, i have read, read and reread MaG's guide without luck. can ANYBODY answer my question please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/28/15 08:08 PM

Robert,

There is a strategy guide and there are 2 walkthroughs. MaG has a guide and a walkthrough.
When we informed you of MaG's walkthrough - did you check it and its sequence?

As for the Katie's dialogue - continue on and play. Skip that part and come back to it at a later time. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/30/15 02:11 AM

hi MaG, i am at the thing store Piper 2nd visit. how do i get to the gym from here and Phoenix remarks i needed that. now i'm refreshed. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/30/15 02:46 AM

Hi Robert,

Looking at the walkthrough, it appears that the gym is located at the Pyramid.

And MaG's strategy guide says:

Quote:
You can use the map of the Pyramid and see the street layout and where the known buildings are located. See Fallen Soldier's monument, the NGO poster by the WVS (World Vegetarian Society), NGO kiosk, Metro entrances and GreenPeas poster. Phoenix can do her exercise at her favorite gym.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/30/15 03:21 PM

hi Marian, i found the map within Pyramid Station but where IS the gym? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/30/15 03:33 PM

Go there. Then click on all those places. If memory serves me right, one of those building (right side of screen) will trigger Phoenix to say - it is her gym. Also the gym is optional.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/30/15 07:17 PM

hi MaG, correct again. now the GPSN Offices. the next applicant Phoenix has to interview is Rani Shah but i can't find any reference to her in the guide. have i overlooked her? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/30/15 08:22 PM

The only reference by name to Rana Shah in MaG's guide, that I can find, is the following:

Quote:
Unknown Underground Installation: Go forward to the lit room at end of corridor. Look at the woman and see that it Rana Shah. Look at the man beside her and see that he is the Peace Impersonator. Talk to the Peace Impersonator and Phoenix is zapped with a butterfly ray that came out of the Impersonator's hand.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/31/15 08:53 PM

hi MaG, it is much 'later in the game', Military Corps First Visit to be exact. when do you think it would be a good time to check Kati's attempt at joint counseling and her career choice or do you think it doesn't really matter any more at this point in the game? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 03/31/15 09:07 PM

The main thing to know with Kati is her relationship with Bogdanov. If you have done that, then you have the info needed from her already.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/02/15 05:46 PM

hi MaG, this is a hard one to explain. i am following oldmariner's walkthrough and my question is - my gameplay is 'off' by 1 or 2 'Days'. do i have to follow his 'Days'?. lately there are things in oldmariner's W/T i cannot do such as 'get a call from Sandra'. can the Days being off cause this? i think i must have made a mistake somewhere. any suggestions? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/02/15 05:58 PM

Hi Robert, I don't think there's anything wrong. Oldmariner's walkthrough demonstrates one particular way to get through the game - there is more than one way, depending on when you do/don't do something, and therefore the "days" on the walkthrough will not necessarily correspond to your own, I believe.

And remember what MaG said in an earlier post about this game:

Quote:
Robert,

The game doesn't have a dead end.

luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/03/15 08:43 PM

hi Marian, i am outside the Thing Store HQ and correctly entered the 5 codes into the combined Anti Chaos Kiosk puzzle, spoken to Richard Ackerman but i don't see Chaos becomes Peace 12814. does this mean i haven't solved the puzzle and to go back and find my mistake? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/03/15 09:59 PM

Have done it yourself - find all 5 numbers and 5 changed lines from the 5 kiosks?
If you did not do that the last kiosk here outside Thing Store will not work.
If you did, redo the puzzle then.
If done correctly, new words and numbers appear on the screen. Chaos becomes Peace. 12814.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/03/15 11:58 PM

hi MaG, i am very sorry but i am perplexed by your reply. especially the first 2 lines and the part about the kiosk outside the Thing Store. are you saying the number is out of sequence by 'will not work'? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/04/15 12:12 AM

Did you get the 5 codes from 5 different kiosk during your gameplay or did you get it from the walkthrough only?
You have to get a code and a sentence from each kiosks.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/04/15 01:23 AM

hi MaG, i actually played each kiosk and not from the walkthrough. do i still go back and find my mistake? a question for you MaG. is there a strategy, if one exists, for finding mistakes? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/04/15 01:28 AM

If you played all the kiosks, it will not hurt if you check all the kiosks again and see if they have all then codes and sentence. Maybe click on them to be sure.

Then redo the last kiosk puzzle again.

As for finding mistakes, if there is a puzzle and it doesn't make a note of a result - then maybe it was done incorrectly. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/05/15 07:36 PM

hi MaG, Day 5, Bogdanov's Office second visit. after the Cyrillic text, i DON'T have a visit with Sandra. what should i do? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/05/15 10:19 PM

Continue on and check later if you can visit with Sandra later. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/07/15 03:49 PM

hi MaG, when oldmariner says 'this is where my Day 7 ended', does this mean go to Phoenix's house or carry on to the next location? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/07/15 04:45 PM

See if you can go to the next location. Your day might not end like oldmariner.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/07/15 07:05 PM

hi MaG, yes, i can proceed to the next location but all i want to know is should i go to Phoenix's house or not. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/07/15 07:51 PM

You can go there and see if you need to sleep or something or just continue at the next location.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/08/15 12:11 AM

much appreciated MaG. i'll sleep on it LOL. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/08/15 01:37 AM

laugh Have a good sleep

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/08/15 04:29 PM

hi MaG, i know i asked before and forget, very sorry, but i am looking around the Pyramid for the gym and Phoenix to comment 'i needed that and now feel better'. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/08/15 04:50 PM

Hi Robert, when at the Pyramid, according to MaG:

Quote:
Click on all the places. If memory serves me right, one of those buildings (right side of screen) will trigger Phoenix to say - it is her gym. Also the gym is optional.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/09/15 04:16 PM

hi Marian, if my game is 'out of sync' with oldmariner's W/T, does it matter? my game is on Day 8 while his says Day 9 although i'm up-to-date with his walkthrough. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/09/15 04:47 PM

No, it doesn't matter - just keep playing. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/11/15 01:16 AM

hi Marian, after Carpe Diem Deville visit 1, how do i get Phoenix to report to the Chief after Deville gets angry and leaves? have i gone wrong somewhere. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/11/15 01:49 AM

I don't think you've gone wrong anywhere. This will happen when the time is right, depending on what you have done/not done. Just try and figure out what else you can do at this time. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/11/15 08:25 PM

hi Marian, i'm at the underground installation where Phoenix staggers to bed. in Chief Morssen's office, i can't get a financial audit for Deville. what do i do? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/11/15 11:34 PM

If you are unable to get a financial audit at this time, then my advice would be the same advice that I gave you above: see what else you can do in the meantime. Apparently there are things that you still need to do before you can get the audit.

I've never played Culpa Innata but I installed it today - all of this discussion about the game has piqued my interest. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/12/15 01:45 AM

hi Marian, as you can see by the number of posts i have made to GAMEBOOMERS what seems like years now, i really like this game because i think it is VERY well done with good graphics, hilarious in places, and not least of all, the help i get. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/12/15 02:12 AM

I'm looking forward to it, Robert - and I will probably be scratching my head a lot over what to do next. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/13/15 02:14 AM

hi Marian, do you happen to know the pre-requisites to get a virtual device sketch from lena Vanderbilt? i tried and tried even after her computer told me she was home. with no success.robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/13/15 02:22 AM

Hi Robert, all I know about this is what MaG's guide says:

Quote:
Lena Vanderbilt's house

This location is triggered by Bogdanov's bank list. Enter the first door #712 and talk to the home security. Lena is at the Rehabilitation Center.

First visit: Go to the windows, forward and right of the house. Talk to Lena Vanderbilt about last time she saw Bogdanov. She mentioned a device she was using caused her to go to rehab. Get an urgent call from Sandra to meet her at the Pyramid.

Second visit: Talk to Lena and learn about the Virtual Reality device and Bogdanov's rentals. Get a virtual device sketch in inventory.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/13/15 06:06 PM

hello Marian, please excuse me, i may have asked a similar question before as i have so many Culpa Innata posts, i have lost track. my 'Days' don't match with those of oldmariner's W/T. i suspect it makes no difference. am i correct? i am trying to 'catch up' with the correct gameplay and end this marathon. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/13/15 06:10 PM

You are correct that it makes no difference if your days don't match those of the walkthrough(s). smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/15/15 01:22 AM

hi Marian. Underground Installation Day 16. after reporting to Chief Morssen, i don't get a chance to request a financial audit for Pierre Deville. can you tell why not? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/15/15 02:05 AM

No, I'm not sure why, but I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep on playing and it will eventually happen. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/16/15 02:30 AM

hi Marian, Phoenix's Office and Chief's Office. how do i go about examine Financial Audit for Pierre de Ville from Phoenix's Office computer? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/16/15 02:37 AM

To examine the financial audit:

Check the PA, Inventory and DeVille's Financial report. Scroll through the 3 pages of report.

Nice to see that you have the audit now. smile

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/20/15 08:46 PM

hi Marian, i am in the land of the renovators. i have the circuit board. the guide tells Phoenix to go left then exit the cafeteria. when i try to exit through the door with footsteps i am returned to exactly the same place! this cannot be right. what should i be doing to get to the grand shaft with the control panel? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/20/15 11:01 PM

Take a look at this old thread, where exiting the cafeteria is being discussed.

Also, here is another old thread where exiting the cafeteria is discussed.

See if either of these helps you - if not, please let us know. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/21/15 12:16 AM

hi Marian, i read both threads but they didn't help much. i still cannot exit the cafeteria. is there a hotspot in the doors i don't know about? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/21/15 12:27 AM

I'm not sure, Robert. Hopefully someone who has played the game will be able to lend a hand here.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/21/15 12:51 AM

Try to do it systematically.
Look for a door; try to exit. Remember that door and then go to the next and the next... until you find a different scene.
Once you see a different view - then see if you can go forward. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/21/15 01:58 AM

hi MaG, I am systematic but only up to a certain point then it goes downhill rapidly. i could only find one door, not several. i give up, please tell me the answer. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/21/15 02:08 AM

I can only go back to what I wrote at the walkthrough. If you want to go back to a saved game and redo from this part - that might help.

Cafeteria - Enter through the door and see Phoenix chase Talayman, the student that went through the graveyard gate. Go to right screen and take the circuit board beside a food tray. Look around if you want. Go back to the left and exit the cafeteria.

Also try to see if it is just a case of picky active spot.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/22/15 06:33 PM

hello MaG, i have managed to get to the Mine Puzzle. i've got the power to flow from lower right to top left. now i want the power to go in the opposite direction, if that is correct. i don't see any button to press. how do i do it please? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/22/15 08:11 PM

No. You have to make connection to those 2 lights at top (one at left and one at right).
The starting point is at bottom right.
So: Bottom right to top left AND bottom right to top right.
Press the button at right to check the progress of your flow. luck

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/23/15 01:08 AM

hi MaG, i solved the Mine Puzzle. thank very much for your help. i am now at Lena Vanderbilt's and i can't get a virtual device sketch out of her. do you know why? it seems such a shame as i'm nearly finished. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/23/15 02:21 AM

Check your PA to see if it is already in inventory.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/23/15 03:37 PM

thanks MaG, you were absolutely right, the sketch WAS in inventory. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/23/15 04:54 PM

thanks MaG, you were absolutely right, the sketch WAS in inventory. robert.

Hooray! thumbsup
Posted By: slk230

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/23/15 05:23 PM

I am working on the circuit board. I have 10 connectors connected "exactly" as shown in the walkthrough yet the light on the board will not light.

Very frustrating.

Any ideas? Please help. I really want to finish this game.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/23/15 05:35 PM

If you've already checked a walkthrough, you could try reading the UHS hints here about the circuit board - maybe something there will help.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/25/15 04:59 PM

hi Marian, i finished! what a great game! i'd like to thank you, MaG, Rushes, last but not least oldmariner and all who helped in this superb game. robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/25/15 05:14 PM

That's fantastic news, Robert! urock woot

Your perseverance and determination to finish this game were remarkable. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. wave

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/25/15 05:34 PM

Wonderful! bravo Glad that you enjoyed the game!

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/25/15 06:12 PM

thanks MaG, is there a sequel because i want more? robert.

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/25/15 06:20 PM

There was going to be a sequel, but unfortunately it hasn't come to pass.

There's even a game trailer for it which you can watch here, but the trailer is from 2008.

According to Wikipedia:

Quote:
Citing financial difficulties, the developer announced in early 2013 that the sequel will be released as a book instead.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Culpa Innata - 04/27/15 09:13 AM

Link to the forum post about the book.
Edit: might not be the book you are referring to.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community