GB HOMEPAGE

Grim Fandango anchors

Posted By: Melia

Grim Fandango anchors - 02/01/15 12:35 AM

I'm following a walkthrough and still having trouble getting the starboard and port anchors to tangle. I tried using both the mouse controls and the keyboard controls. I'm stuck here. Can anyone help?

Edit: Found the way. The walkthrough wasn't any help at this spot.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/01/15 01:08 AM

Glad you figured it out. I find that it is sometimes helpful, too, to look at more than one walkthrough (if more than one walkthrough exists, that is).
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/01/15 03:19 AM

I'm stuck here also. How did you do it Melia ?

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/01/15 08:19 PM

Rats! I was afraid someone would ask me that! The hardest part was getting the darn anchors together. The walkthrough talked about going to the starboard porthole and using the scythe on the anchors. I went to the LEFT side one and had better luck. To get them together, I went to the right so the left anchor chain was longer than the right. I THINK I then dropped and raised the right anchor (or maybe it was the left frown ), looked in the left porthole and saw them tangled together. When they're tangled, you use the scythe on them. Then you go forward and the boat rips in half. (I have a feeling I missed something here. Lots of experimenting was needed.) Good luck!
Posted By: Mad

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/01/15 10:31 PM

There are several walkthroughs at The Spoiler Centre .... HERE

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/01/15 10:42 PM

Thanks, Mad.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/04/15 07:51 PM

I sorted out the anchors and have finished the game.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/04/15 08:20 PM

Good for you, Cathy. thumbsup
Posted By: Barry

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/06/15 11:14 PM

Hi all

I found a brand new walkthrough designed specifically for this version of the game.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-27-grim-fandango-remastered-walkthrough-3685

Enjoy

Barry
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/06/15 11:48 PM

Thanks, Barry! thumbsup
Posted By: Mad

Re: Grim Fandango anchors - 02/07/15 12:57 AM

Brilliant !! thanks Barry grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community