GB HOMEPAGE

Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space

Posted By: Cathy1

Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/15/15 09:39 AM

I'm stuck.Itry to go to Honolulu again and my plane detours.
I'm stuck in the cold and snow and I keep dieing. What am I suppose to do ?
What do I need here ?
Thank you for any help.
Cathy

MaG are you going to write a walkthrough for this game ?

Nevermind,I got it.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/15/15 04:10 PM

Good for you for figuring it out. wave

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/16/15 07:52 AM

Could someone please tell me how to get Dr Levy out of the restaurant in Paris.
I have the soup,fish and round rubber thingy from the kitchen already.
Cathy

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/16/15 03:04 PM

If it turns out that no one is able to help, there is a video walkthrough in German on YouTube - that is all that I could find so far in terms of assistance. The walkthrough begins here.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/16/15 05:52 PM

There are some "text" walkthroughs on the web - some of which have the "translate this" option - so that could be an avenue to follow ??

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/16/15 05:55 PM

Good to know, Mad - thanks for that information. smile

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/16/15 09:48 PM

There are some differences between the german and English version.
I checked out all the video walkthroughs on you tube. Not helping though.

Cathy
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 07:39 AM

These are not exactly differences between the German and English version - they are differences betwenn the old version of the game (in German only) and the new updated 'Director's cut' (in English. German and French) - so old WTs are not always accurate.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 05:57 PM

Some walkthroughs are also for the "difficult" level as opposed to the easier one - and there are certainly differences in game play between the two.

I haven't come across anything "un-surmountable" as yet but I haven't played as far into the game yet as you, Cathy1 smile
Posted By: safc

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 06:37 PM

Hi Guys

Just a quick question about this game,is it a free game, as I have gone to the site via GB and clicked on download and it is downloading the Directors cut,nothing about payment is come up

Cheers
SAFC

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 06:46 PM

Yes. It's free !! happydance
Posted By: oldman

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 07:05 PM

Well I can't get off the plane on my first plane trip to Mexico. I have a sleeping pill, a pot, a blanket, a glowing orb. I've combined the orb with the blanket to make a glowing blanket. I've closed all the windows except for the little old lady. I'm pretty sure that I need to put the lady to sleep and get some coffee but can't figure out how to get it done.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 07:21 PM

I hope someone can help you get past your stuck point.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 08:42 PM

Hi Oldman,
You have to give the sleeping pill potion to the old lady, once she falls asleep, close the last window, dress up as a ghost, and scare the stewar-----oops---- flight attendant. Hope this helps.
Sandy
Posted By: safc

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 09:36 PM

Hi Mad

Many thanks for that, I can now install it knowing I am not going to get a bill LOL

Cheers
SAFc

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 09:37 PM

Left click the sleeping pill to make a powder. You should have some peanuts that the flight attendant gave you. You also have to pay to go to the bathroom. Hope this helps.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/17/15 11:29 PM

Thank you Sanford and Cathy. That helped immensely and I am now in Mexico. Onward and upward.
Posted By: Mike_the_Wino

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/18/15 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Cathy1
I'm stuck. I try to go to Honolulu again and my plane detours. I'm stuck in the cold and snow and I keep dying. What am I suppose to do ?
Nevermind, I got it.

Well, I haven't figured it out after trying different things about 20 times. How about a nudge?

Edit: Never mind, I finally got it!

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/19/15 02:21 AM

OK, fellow Boomers. Now I'm stuck at the point that I have the black hair wig and the FISH HAIR in my inventory. Zak says that "the wig looks nice, but won't fool the caponians". I have dipped the skull with rubber band into the jam to add the jam to the skull. I try to combine objects in inventory to make a "decent" wig, but nothing happens. It might have something to do with the FISH HAIR, but I can't figure it out. I could use some help with this, please, or I can't go to Zurich yet. Thanks.
Sandy

P.S. Some of the walkthroughs for this I translated from Dutch to English, But somethings aren't clear to me in the translation.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/19/15 06:25 PM

Have you peeked at a YouTube walkthrough yet ?? Might just be helpful for this part ??

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/19/15 08:19 PM

Hi, Mad. I haven't found a YouTube video that covers this part of the game, but I appreciate your suggestion.
Sandy

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/20/15 03:57 PM

Is your problem not covered anywhere on THIS page Sanford ??

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/20/15 10:40 PM

Thanks so much, Mad. I found what I THOUGHT I needed in Video #12, but things are different than in MY game. Also, my German isn't "up to snuff" so it's kind of complicated for me right now. I may have to go back to a previous savegame and take a slightly different path and see what happens. I certainly appreciate your help, and I'll keep you informed as to my progress.
Sandy
Posted By: Marvel

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 12:32 PM

Hey guys,
it's Marvel of the DEV-Team of this game wink Maybe I can help you here and there... although I'm pretty busy with the Oak Island Campaign on kickstarter. wink But please ask if you're stuck! It's a pretty difficult game.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 12:33 PM

@Sanford: Are you sure that you gave the right answers to Stanislav? Please think of the king, his interests and his hobbies wink

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Marvel
Hey guys,
it's Marvel of the DEV-Team of this game wink Maybe I can help you here and there... although I'm pretty busy with the Oak Island Campaign on kickstarter. wink But please ask if you're stuck! It's a pretty difficult game.

Thanks very much for the offer of help, Marvel, it's much appreciated thumbsup

Cheers.

Mad grin
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 01:54 PM

Thanks, Marvel, and welcome to GameBoomers.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 03:05 PM

welcome to GameBoomers, Marvel. Your offer of help is appreciated.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 08:24 PM

Thank you so much for your offer of help, Marvel. I HAVE given the right answers according to all of the walkthroughs I've seen. I also looked at the Elvis poster on the window of the wig store. I actually DO receive a black wig after I answer the questions successfully, but Zak says in essence, "The wig looks nice, but it won't fool the Caponians." I've even tried dipping the wig in the JAM, but to no avail, but oddly enough, I was able to dip The Caponian mask into the JAM, to get a "sticky mask". I even back to a previous savegame, but when coming to this part, I get the same results. I also still have the "FISH HAIR" in my inventory, which the wig seller will not accept. Somehow, I believe my problem lies with having to make the "black hair wig" perfect before it's acceptable. I've tried to combine the wig with everything in my inventory, but that doesn't work either. I ope that I have given you enough info so that we can solve this "monumental" problem together. I look forward to your reply, and I thank you again, from ALL of our fellow Boomers for your efforts. We DO appreciate it.
Sandy

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 08:58 PM

Hi Sandy,
actually I'm pretty sure that your answers weren't completely right. You need the "Pompadour" instead of the black wig wink Did you say that he "runs a business" in the first answer?

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 09:43 PM

Thanks fr your reply, Marvel.
The 4 choices ARE:
"Currently, I'm still in training."
"Actually, I'm unemployed."
"I'm an assistant."
"I'm in management."

I selected the 4th choice, of course.

Ready for the next suggestion, Marvel LOL
Sandy

Also a comment about the black hair wig: "The shape is all wrong."

Other answers to previous questions:
"I'm older than you think."
"Elvis Presley! No one was cooler."
"Mystic areas,shrouded in legend."
"Kicking back in a pink Cadillac, My lifelong dream."
"Classic black never goes out of style."

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 09:45 PM

There must be a fifth one, I think. "I run a business". Maybe you need to scroll down to it? Please check if there is an arrow for that. I'm pretty sure that you just missed it. laugh

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 10:11 PM

OMG, Marvel,
There IS a very faint arrow that I missed, and sure enough, it's the answer I needed:"I own a business." Thank you SO much. You have kept me from throwing my computer out of the window. LOL. Lots of luck with "Oak Island". I will be the first one on line to purchase it.
Sandy
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 10:12 PM

Okay, I'm stuck in Mexico.

I've freed the Archeologists, got the sticky take, tried feeding bones to the dog to distract it, taken the medium sized skull and I'm not getting any further. Any gentle pointers?

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 10:14 PM

Well, now it's MY turn to be stuck !! wink

As usual I have several games on the go and play a little of each one as the mood takes me, so I'm not as far on in the game as some others.

But .... Up to now, after the opening events in my apartment, I've been to my office (once) and Mexico (once) and then after Mexico I went to Paris.
I was able to do some things there and got as far as locking the Chef in the store-room, going back outside and knocking on the door to get the café owner to come talk to me - but when we talk I don't get an option to apply for a job. He tells me he won't hire "low grade" people and shuts the door on me lol

So I had a look at a walkthrough (a translated one) and it seems I should have chosen to go to Honolulu and not Paris !!

I therefore went back to my Mexico Airport save (where I'm ready to leave Mexico and where I find the feather in the window) and bought a ticket to Honolulu.
According to the walkthrough, next I should then experience a plane crash on the way there ??

Well, I don't. I just fly straight to Honolulu with no mishaps at all laugh

As far as I can tell from the translated walkthrough and what I've seen on YouTube, I haven't missed anything or done anything differently.

But I MUST have ??

Any help would be very welcome grin

Cheers.

Mad smile

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 10:47 PM

@CaptainD: You need to find the entrance to the pyramid chamber. Use your yellow crayon. wink

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 10:52 PM

@Mad: No, you mustn't. wink There are some random events in the game. So the game won't be like you've seen it on youtube.

Take your feather, the nest and try to convince the cabana boy wink

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 11:36 PM

Thanks so much for all your help, Marvel. thumbsup

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/21/15 11:51 PM

Glad to do so. You're welcome smile

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/22/15 04:44 AM

Thank you, Marvel, for that boost !! I will go back to Honolulu and try strutting my stuff then laugh

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/22/15 08:49 AM

At the bakery outside your house,you need to ring the doorbell a few times till a cut scene happens. Pick up the cookies and go to Mexico and get into the pyramid on top of the stairs. Make an Ankh drawing with your yellow pencil. You'll see the clue on the left hand side (outside the pyramid)of what to draw. Hope this helps everyone. @Mad....You need to do what I said above and you'll be able to get the feather from the other side of the fence. You have to do some stuff inside the pyramid to get the cookie dough cooked. Use your spacebar to see all the stuff you can interact with.

Cathy

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/22/15 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Cathy1
You'll see the clue on the left hand side

Attention - that's only the solution in the easy mode wink

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/22/15 11:56 AM

That's all I played was the easy mode. Maybe the hard mode makes you pick up the 2 rocks by the dog.I don't know for sure.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/22/15 05:29 PM

Cathy1

I'm playing at the "difficult" level and anyway am quite a way past the scenes you mention - but thank you very much for responding smile

Marvel

Have successfully visited with Annie in Honolulu and am now on my way to Paris - where I already know quite a bit about what I need to do, having inadvertently had a previous go there !! lol
[Thanks so much for the pointer.]

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/22/15 10:21 PM

@CaptainD: You need to find the entrance to the pyramid chamber. Use your yellow crayon. wink

Any hints as to where the pattern I need to draw is? I've looked all around and have somehow not found anything that looked right.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/22/15 11:05 PM

@CaptainD: Easy way... look left! Hard way: Look at the airport at the wall wink

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/25/15 03:01 AM

I just finished "ZAK" (with a little help from Marvel). It's one of the BEST games I have ever played. I clicked on EVERYTHING, and heard some of the pretty funny comments from Zak. BTW, I'm pleasantly surprised that it was FREE. Waiting for OAK ISLAND, now. HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

BTW, I found the Dutch to English walkthroughs to be a slight problem, but USUALLY, I was able to understand them after concentrating a bit.

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/25/15 03:19 AM

Congratulations on finishing the game, and I'm happy to hear that it was so enjoyable. thumbsup

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/25/15 05:35 AM

Thanks very much, Marian.
Sandy

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/25/15 09:42 PM

@CaptainD: Easy way... look left! Hard way: Look at the airport at the wall wink

Oh you're kidding... crazy I tried drawing an
Click to reveal..
Ankh
before but nothing happened - guess I must have drawn a line wrongly somehow!!!

Thanks for the pointer smile

Re: Zak Mckraken Between Time and Space - 05/26/15 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: sanford
I just finished "ZAK" (with a little help from Marvel). It's one of the BEST games I have ever played. I clicked on EVERYTHING, and heard some of the pretty funny comments from Zak. BTW, I'm pleasantly surprised that it was FREE. Waiting for OAK ISLAND, now. HAPPY GAMING!

That's so great to hear, Sandy. Thanks a lot. smile I'm happy that you've enjoyed the game!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community