GB HOMEPAGE

Broken sword 3

Posted By: petert

Broken sword 3 - 07/04/15 09:36 PM

Not sure if this belongs here or in a different forum, but here goes.

I am in the castle and have become stuck, it seems immovably. I am trying to get past the guard, having come round the ledge and dropped into the small courtyard. I crouched down and went across the courtyard and through the opening to where there is a tree - making sure the dog did not bark - and am trying to evade the guard by creeping across behind him as he traverse from left to right, but cannot achieve this simple aim.
I do not seem to be able to have the time to get to the opening in the wall before he shoots me.

Is it just incompetence on my part or have I missed something?

petert
Posted By: MaG

Re: Broken sword 3 - 07/04/15 09:55 PM

It's mostly timing. I don't think you missed anything since you already got through the first guard.

Originally Posted By: walkthrough
Second set of guards - As soon as you are inside the gate, climb the walls on the left. Look at the pattern of the guards. The right guard with the dog stays where he is but the guard on the left moves around with his dog.

Drop down on left garden. While staying in shadows, move to the other left wall. Climb up and down to the other side.

From a top view, see the guard moves around with the dog. Time your movement when the guard and dog are far from you. Creep to the shadow on the wall of the left raised courtyard, climb the steps and stay in the shadows away from the spotlight.

Check here for another set of hints to get pass the guards - scroll down to SLIPPING PAST THE GUARD IN THE CATHEDRAL.

Re: Broken sword 3 - 07/04/15 10:13 PM

I timed the interval between the guard leaving the left hand wall and turning to go back again from the right hand wall. It came to about 14 seconds - ample time for me get to where I wanted to go.
But as soon as I set off in crouching mode to get in behind him, he turns and shoots me. That takes about 5 or 6 seconds. Somehow, I lose about 10 seconds, meaning that there is no way of beating him.
All very frustrating.

petert
Posted By: Marian

Re: Broken sword 3 - 07/04/15 10:19 PM

I believe you can download a saved game here for after having gotten past all the guards.

Re: Broken sword 3 - 07/05/15 09:11 PM

I finally got it right.
I seem to have been going in the wrong direction - I had not seen that I should have been going straight across the courtyard, because I had been beguiled into thinking that I had to go through the exit at the top of the picture.
I had not seen the opening right across from my hiding place.

As Tony Hancock (classic British comedian) used to say

"You buffoon"

petert
Posted By: MaG

Re: Broken sword 3 - 07/05/15 09:17 PM

Glad you got through. Enjoy the game.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community