GB HOMEPAGE

Zak McKracken 2

Posted By: sureshot

Zak McKracken 2 - 07/13/15 05:18 PM

Hi all ! Hope you can help me here .... I replayed from a few saves up to where I go to Scotland and talk to fisherman etc etc and get a hairy fish - but I get a hairLESS fish. Sorry about the way this sounds rotfl ....

Can someone tell me what I need to do now?? thanks
Posted By: Marian

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/13/15 05:21 PM

One of our forum members posted this on another thread:

Quote:
Hi all,

I just found an english walkthrough of that game.

zak mckracken - between time and space walkthrough

I hope this will help all!

Maybe that will help you get past your stuck point. wave

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/13/15 05:38 PM

Hi Marian - Yep - I did see that and it's much better than the translated version. I tried following it to see if there was a "trigger" that gets me the fish with hair but I am not having any luck.

I was hoping that someone might have gotten to the same problem as I did and found the answer - I replayed it a few times from prior saves but I still hit that impasse.

By the way - I asked this on safc's post - I should have started a new thread - sorry bout that.

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/13/15 05:46 PM

I hope another player will come along who can help you out - it's certainly an interesting problem. grin

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/13/15 07:49 PM

Yes it is Marian and I do hope it's not a bug - that would not be fun..... scared
Posted By: Mad

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/14/15 07:47 PM

Did you get sorted, sureshot ??
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/14/15 10:03 PM

If your playing on easy mode,you need to get the moustache off of the poster and I think combine it with the fish.

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/15/15 02:52 PM

No Mad - still at a dead end.

I tried starting a new game but it never game me an option to play easy or hard it just starts with the opening animation and Zak in the cargo hold of the plane, then Game Options show up next and I can start a game, but no choice option for hard or easy gameplay.

Hi Cathy1 - yep - I did give that a try but Zak just makes comments like "That won't work", "Try using a different strategy".

May be a Spoiler Alert.......
Click to reveal..
My inventory has a number of wigs, one Black, I have the mask from Mexico set up with sticky stuff and rubber band - no hair.

I would use a savegame if necessary and if one is available, but I would really like to get this figured out first.

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/15/15 09:05 PM

sureshot ....

(1) Have you got the fishing rod in your inventory ??

[You might have to leave Scotland and then go back again for the fisherman to be gone and for you to get the rod. I can't remember precisely what I did.]

(2) Have you tried putting the black wig on the mask ??

[Maybe you don't need to catch a hairy fish if you already have the wig ??]

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/16/15 02:40 PM

Hi Mad

Yes - The fisherman is gone, a hairless fish is on the ground and I do have the fishing rod with sharp hook in inventory and I did try putting the black wig on the mask, which has gooey jam and a rubber band on it, but Zak complains that it won't work or he says to try to use more brainpower etc.

I globe-trotted a few times and every time I return to Scotland, it's the same scenario. Either it's a BUG because I may have done something out-of-turn???? or I missed a trigger ??? Either way - I am at a complete stand-still at this point. cry

I can't think of any place else that I might find "hair". I tried combining the mustache with everything too. duh

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/16/15 02:54 PM

I just sent you a PM. We had one of the developers a few weeks ago helping folks out here with this game - I sent you some info which might prove to be useful, I hope. wave

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/16/15 03:07 PM

Thank you Marian

I got your message and I will follow your suggestion. In the meantime, I started new game and I am following the walkthrough up to the point I got stuck. I hope it is a trigger I missed -- we will see.. think

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/16/15 07:04 PM

Fellow GBers ..

I started a new game and used the English walkthrough and got the same result - hairless fish - BUT this time I backtracked a little and went to Stanislav and got all the wigs and right after I got the Black one (Stanislav's dialog must have lasted a good 5 minutes) and I then found myself going to the airport and in the same cargo hold as the beginning! I didn't have to take the hair off the fish ( there wasn't any to take anyway ) ! crazy

I still don't have a clue as to what the "trigger" was that gave me the "proper" wig, but at least I am able to continue. slapforehead

Trudging onward !

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/16/15 07:05 PM

Very glad to hear that you got past your stuck point! Onward and upward. wave

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/16/15 07:19 PM

Thank you ! thumbsup

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/16/15 09:30 PM

Hurrah !! That's excellent news, sureshot !! bravo

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game now without any more problems laugh

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/17/15 02:33 PM

Thank you too Mad ! I am sure I will. thumbsup
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/18/15 07:59 PM

Way to hang tough sureshot. smile

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/21/15 07:15 PM

Hung Tough Space Quest Fan thumbsup .... Game Over and a wild ride it was ! Thank you all for your help. bravo Fun game with some frustrating moments but it was free and pretty funny too. snicker

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/21/15 07:39 PM

Yes. I got stuck plenty of times but I thought it was a really good game - and especially considering it was free !!

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 07/21/15 08:42 PM

Yep Mad - all-in-all it was a pretty good game - any other game gave me this kind of trouble would have would up on the junk pile but I couldn't let this one fade away. wave
Posted By: reddragonpyro

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 08/11/15 10:19 PM

where the heck am i to find the coffee?
Posted By: MaG

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 08/11/15 11:22 PM

The only mentioned coffee by posters is here.
Hope that helps. If not, let's wait for help.

Re: Zak McKracken 2 - 08/12/15 04:33 PM

There's a brief hint at this website HERE

Just scroll down the page a little.

On the plane ....

"Here Zak has to do plenty of stuff in order to get a cup of coffee. Stuff that includes a repeated action puzzle that will lead you to smear feces all over the bathroom and serving peanuts to an old lady, after you grabbed them out of a clogged toilet and rinsed them with water. This initially felt out of place, for me. Funny, of course, but a little out of place."
© 2024 GameBoomers Community