GB HOMEPAGE

Hidden on the trail of the ancients

Posted By: dorish

Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 12:43 PM

Can someone tell me how to fix the music box? I have replaced the cogs, but when I turn the handle there is no sound. Is there supposed to be?

Doreen
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 12:49 PM

Did you
Click to reveal..
re-engage the cog with the lever before turning the crank?

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 03:34 PM

What lever?

Doreen

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 03:38 PM

You would have had to use it
Click to reveal..
if you replaced/repaired the cog.
At least that is what I remember. I will go back and see if I can play that part over for you if I have a save near there.

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 04:03 PM

Sorry, After replaying that part
Click to reveal..
the lever I am talking about is actually controlled by the switch in the upper left corner of the box. Once you have replaced the cog you have to move this switch back to the original position to engage the new cog, Then one more thing has to be moved into position before turning the crank to make music.

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 05:20 PM

Thank you Greyfuss, I am now in Scopelli's room. Everything is so dark in this game. All I have managed to find is a wrench. I can only play little bits at a time.

Doreen

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 05:34 PM

I had to brighten the game to see into the dark corners. In the Options menu I have the Gamma Correction slider to 137. Have you tried adjusting this?

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 05:56 PM

No, not yet. I will try tomorrow when I play again. Thanks for the tip.

Doreen
Posted By: Smokey3869

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 07:12 PM

Can anyone help? I have just completed the trunk puzzle and am now trying to go thru the series of doorways but I cannot figure out the correct order.

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/11/15 07:57 PM

This one was very tricky
Click to reveal..
The order of doorways is given to you in the form of symbols on the left as you enter the first area (I think it was the first area)
This next spoiler gives you the clue to the solution so don't look if you want to try on your own.
Click to reveal..
The secret here is to follow the order but if you come to a choice of doorways and you don't see the symbol you need turn around and go back. Keep doing this until you see the right symbol you are looking for.
Posted By: Smokey3869

Re: Hidden on the trail of the ancients - 08/12/15 04:27 PM

Thanks for the help. That solved the problem.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community