GB HOMEPAGE

Dracula 2: The Last Santuary

Posted By: oldbroad

Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/29/16 11:21 PM

WAS moving along good but am stuck now. I am back in Transylvania after confronting Dracula in his Last Sanctuary. (Solved the puzzle in the cemetery with the 3 heads and the radio wave machine thing, opened the door to the tomb and went down the stairs.)

In my inventory I have a coil of something on a spool, dynamite, syringe with pink stuff in it, glasses, dragon ring, wedding ring, telescope, red book, and green book. In outer inventory I have matches and green bottle. I see a rock where I think the dynamite goes but I must be missing something because id doesn't and I also cannot light it.

Would appreciate a HINT if possible.

Thanks!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/29/16 11:57 PM

I think - There's an item still to be picked up (maybe 2).

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/30/16 12:18 AM

OK, thanks MaG. I will look around some more after resting my eyes a bit longer.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/30/16 11:50 PM

I made it through this part and am now back in the cemetery in Transylvania. I have already taken a rest but still cannot see what I am missing.

Inventory: green stuff, arrows, matches, Mina's ring, dragon ring, stone for dragon ring, red and green books, some rod?, bow & arrow, telescope, hand with dagger, glasses, pink syringe, drawing.

I've "repaired" the grave and read the note about the Icon of St George. I can't find any other items or hot spots.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/31/16 12:16 AM

Try looking around the area of the grave with the vampire bat headstone, the one that got you into the Borgo Cemetery.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/31/16 01:51 AM

Thank you Marian for giving me an area to concentrate on. I found the spot now and am moving forward.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/31/16 01:55 AM

Great - have fun. smile

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/31/16 03:26 AM

Marian. I spoke too soon. I really didn't move forward very far at all. I am stuck in the castle yard. Same as before, cannot spot a thing! One door, no access. One door, Dorko who can't help me and no access going up the stairs instead of down. One door, protected by a pentagram.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/31/16 04:17 AM

Hmm, let's see. Have you looked very carefully at Radu's parchment in your inventory?

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/31/16 04:36 AM

Well, I thought I did. It will have to wait now. Just got out of the game.

Thank you. I will let you know when I'm able to go back in.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 05/31/16 05:06 AM

We will wait for you. smile

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/01/16 03:59 AM

Progressed a little thanks to your hint Marian.

Will try to play again tomorrow.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/01/16 04:27 AM

Sounds good. smile

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 01:30 AM

Back to the game today. I think I need some help. I'm not exactly sure how to say where I am. After Hopkins gets killed and after the chess puzzle. Went in elevator and now there is a pedestal in the center of a platform that has 3 stairways, 2 go down and 1 goes up but if you go through that door it also goes down. All 3 areas are the same. There is a skeleton whose skull you can pick up and then a dark pool of death if you step forward. I can't find anything else, no objects, no hotspots. My eyes are closing I've been going over the area so many times.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 01:42 AM

If you are where I think you are:

Have you opened the green book and read the part about Jacob's ladder?

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 02:44 AM

I have Marian. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing. There has to be a "trigger" somewhere.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 03:13 AM

Have you noticed that the symbols in the green book are the same as some symbols on the edge of the stairs?

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 03:21 AM

Yes.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 03:30 AM

Have you tried stepping down on the stairs using only the slabs with those markings?

(This is one of those puzzles that I doubt I would ever have figured out on my own).

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 04:21 AM

I have tried it but it feels impossible to do. I know it isn't. I'm just getting frustrated I guess. I will keep trying Marian. I'm sure you would have been able to figure it out on your own when you see the picture in the book and the symbols on the steps. It is just hard to execute. You can't tell which step you're stepping on.

Thank you for your help which did trigger me to try the steps one at a time. I'll let you know when I get it.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 04:29 AM

Good luck, oldbroad. luck

But I still think I would have looked at the walkthrough. lol

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 04:47 AM

I'm actually heading to the walkthrough now. I am not going to be able to do this. I hope the walkthrough is clear where to step. Even looking at the w/t it took me about 5 tries to finally get it.

Now I am lost again with what I am supposed to be doing. I put some handles in the pedestal and got some disc things out of the drawers. I took the handles back and put them and the disc things in some thing in the lava room. I am stumped. I don't see any clue what I am supposed to be doing now and I am just stuck wandering back and forth in these same rooms.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 04:44 PM

A little sleep works wonders again. Have now finished the game. So much of the game I remembered from the first time I played years ago but I didn't remember the ending at all. Weird.

Thanks again for the help and sticking with me when I get frustrated!!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 04:46 PM

I feel your pain, oldbroad! I wandered around here for a long time. It took me at least a dozen tries to get Jacob's Ladder right, so you did better than I did!

You have two more puzzles to solve. If you've already been to the Dragon Fire room, go ahead and start there. Try pulling the chains in front of the dragon heads and make them stay closed.

The last puzzle is the Live Roots room.

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
A little sleep works wonders again. Have now finished the game. So much of the game I remembered from the first time I played years ago but I didn't remember the ending at all. Weird.

Thanks again for the help and sticking with me when I get frustrated!!

I am once again impressed, oldbroad - congratulations on finishing the game. praise

Thank you for the help, Drac. thumbsup
Posted By: MaG

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 05:49 PM

bravo oldbroad!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Dracula 2: The Last Santuary - 06/05/16 07:05 PM

Nicely done, oldbroad!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community