GB HOMEPAGE

colour of murder

Posted By: petjo

colour of murder - 09/26/16 10:27 AM

Once more I crave the indulgence of the team.
I am in the Theatre Workshop ( first visit) I am following MaGtRo's usual excellent walkthrough as below-- but am a little mystified

"Work area: Go through the doorway at end of the room.

Look left and see orange drawers. Check the contents of the drawers. Take a close look at the self taken photo.

At the other aisle, there is a desk with heads of mannequins.

Turn left; go out the door to a spiral staircase and down to a big room.

Turn left to the spiral staircase and take the memorandum and phone list paper. Stefan's phone number is obtained"

However , there is no sign of phone list paper and , strangely , the self taken photo is not the same as in the walkthrough - it is just a self portrait,

Please , can anyone help -- have I got a different version of the game perhaps??

may regards -- Peter.
Posted By: RebKean

Re: colour of murder - 09/26/16 11:00 AM

No, you have the same version as in the walkthrough.

The photo is just called different by you and by the author, it's still the same one.

And the paper with numbers is there, you must have just missed it somehow. [img:center]http://imgur.com/a/0sstm[/img]
Posted By: MaG

Re: colour of murder - 09/26/16 01:54 PM

Thanks Kim.

luck Peter.

Re: colour of murder - 09/26/16 08:22 PM

Thanks Rebkean--- glad to know about the photo--- I have tried dozens of times to find the paper and from all possible directions--- I can see a paper halfway up the stairs but it does't execute when I search it.-- I will persevere. Thanks again- regards- Peter.

Re: colour of murder - 09/26/16 11:38 PM

I had to have a look ingame, to make sure I remembered correctly. And I did. Just look to your left, as soon as you enter the big room where Harald worked. That is if you come from the same level and not from the rooms on the second floor. I think the music changes when you enter that room as well, so you can't miss it. wink
Posted By: Marian

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 12:21 AM

Your help is appreciated. wave

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 02:18 AM

Thanks. I have to help when I actually can, haha. There's so many games I know absolutely nothing about, so when I see a game I have played, I rush to be of aid. sherlock

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 03:34 PM

Thanks again RebKean-- I am mystified---I have done just what you advise and am at the Bottom of the spiral staircase looking up at it-- only thing I can see is a faint outline of a piece of paper which does not have a "hand" on it. Also , no way can I pick up the clock instructions on the desk although I can see the paper.
I am sorry to be a pain and it seems that I have gone radically wrong somewhere.
Best thing is for me to start all over again , but to stop me going mad would someone kindly send me a 'save' for just after the phone list is picked up.
Please be patient to a very senior silver surfer---- regards-- Peter

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 03:47 PM

My saves are not labeled. I can send half of them and you can see if one of them will work for you. Tell me.
Maybe Kim has one for you.
BTW - You're quite young compared to most of us. Our oldest here is 94 yo and still going gaming strong.

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 05:03 PM

I have saves yes. Give me an email and I can send it later. This might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you haven't already taken it?

MaG, what do you mean labeled? I haven't looked in that folder before, but perhaps I can see by the date which one it is. No problems. smile

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 06:58 PM

Peter's email address is in his profile. Thank you for your help.

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 07:13 PM

Haha, well I should've known that. Will fix tonight. And if I don't, please remind me since I have a terrible memory.

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 08:52 PM

Thanks to you all for your patience--- I did wonder if I already had it but I searched where the items are shown and could not identify it.---- await with baited breath for your save RebKean---- thr team never fails me.--- cheers-- Peter

Re: colour of murder - 09/27/16 11:17 PM

OK, save sent. Let us know what happens. I'm very curious as to what was the problem. sherlock

Re: colour of murder - 09/28/16 12:32 AM

Thank you, Kim. wave

Let us know how it goes, Peter. smile

Re: colour of murder - 09/28/16 10:09 AM

Hi everyone -- Kim came good and sent me the appropriate save ---now up and running again --thanks to all for your interest -- Peter.

Re: colour of murder - 09/28/16 02:25 PM

Great and enjoy game Peter.

Thanks to Kim.

Re: colour of murder - 09/28/16 04:30 PM

Peter, I tried to reply by email, but it was rejected for some reason. Well, I'll ask here instead, perhaps someone else is nosy. wink

Did you find out what the problem was? Or did you skip that and just continue from my save? I hope I had done everything up to that part if you did.
Not that it's hard to do it again, but it can be a bit confusing I find.

Re: colour of murder - 09/29/16 08:50 AM

Hi Kim --- can't understand email rejection -- I received it fine and replied with many thanks.I also posted it yesterday so you can see it now -- anyway , all is well and thanks yet again -- I am up and running with no further problems cheers ---Peter

Re: colour of murder - 09/29/16 01:59 PM

I got you email, so obviously mine was received the first time. Weird.
Anyway, happy to help. Did you find out what the trouble was with your own game?

Re: colour of murder - 09/30/16 08:25 AM

Hi Kim ... no , I thought i would go through it again but it still produced the wrong photograph and which didn't have the marks on it which solved the frame picture -- very very strange how one game produced a completely different photo. some sort of bug I suppose -- anyway , off running now and thanks again for everyone's advice -- never fails ---Peter.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community