GB HOMEPAGE

Barrow Hill-The Dark Path

Posted By: gillann

Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/10/17 11:47 PM

Just received this game, and began installation, but they've asked for the Password..Where is it? I posted the activation code found on the back page of the pamphlet, but it was rejected. Please help!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/11/17 12:01 AM

I did not get a box copy - just download - so I'm not familiar with the activation code.

Try doing that code again from pamphlet - with care for spaces and capitalization. luck

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/11/17 11:46 PM

I did it over and must have missed a number, or letter. All is okay! Thanks, MaG..

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/12/17 12:21 AM

Have fun with the game.

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/17/17 05:23 PM

I've been playing for a while and think I've found everything re: WT, but I can't find the pedestal referred to. There's supposed to be a missing poster of Ben, but I have no idea where it is...Help, please!
;
Posted By: Marian

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/17/17 06:33 PM

Here's some info about the missing poster:

Quote:

Look through the window-like hole in the wall of The Quoit.

See security camera outside – notice sign in the ferns – Read 'Goshawk Security'.

A phone call -

Olly Tindle -

He is trapped in the motel, next to the Service Station. He has dropped his glasses and needs our help. He mentions 'Sad Barry' and something about "getting the CCTV working".

What on earth is going on?

Look at the laptop.

The Laptop is locked. Blast!

TIP: Read sticky note clue – "The Event" – 4 letters/numerals.

Look for clues, if you haven't worked it out.

Click to look at the metal sheet to the right of the Altar area, there's an old poster.

Use: Hand Wipes

Reveal an old missing poster - Ben Kendell - Mia's brother, and a date, September, 2006, 'missed by his sister'. [i][/i]

Hopefully this is enough to give you some context - let us know.

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/17/17 11:42 PM

Worked like a charm! Thanks, so much!

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/17/17 11:48 PM

I'm so glad. Have fun. smile

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/18/17 07:53 PM

I have a few questions...Never did receive a phone call from Olly. I left the Quoit per WT but somehow have gotten lost. There are scenes of the Stones, and another behind the area where the Security sign was, and then, there's that infernal noise. Too, I can't seem to get out of those scenes. No arrows pointing away..What to do?

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/18/17 08:07 PM

I haven't played the game so don't know exactly where you are, but until someone more familiar with the game comes along, maybe something in this thread will help you. There are a few suggestions there in terms of what to do when you are lost or feeling like you are unable to do anything.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/18/17 09:30 PM

What infernal noise is this? If it's what I think it is, that's your phone! I have never heard heard such an awful sound as that ring tone! See if that's it.

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/19/17 07:39 PM

It took me a while to figure out it was the phone! It sounds so demented!

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/19/17 07:41 PM

I am still wandering around the woods. I did find the picnic grounds, etc. but for some reason, cannot get to the red phone box. I keep ending up back at the Quoit. I followed the WT and have followed the arrows at the cross roads, but still cannot get there. Needing some help...

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/19/17 07:45 PM

I find this in the walkthrough, which you have probably already tried:

Quote:
Outside Quoit, turn left, forward twice, right, forward twice, diagonal left and go to phone box.

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/19/17 10:30 PM

I used "landmarks" to help me navigate or I would have been lost the entire game. I wandered around along time trying to figure out what that horrifying sound was - I think it was just chance that I looked in my inventory! Demented is a good way to describe it!

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/20/17 09:17 PM

Went right to it! Thanks!

Thank you! I went right to it per your instructions!

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/20/17 09:31 PM

I'm glad it helped you out. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/25/17 12:39 AM

Getting through these woods is driving me mad because I am really poor with this style of slideshow navigation.
[Unlike Mikael's in the Carol Reed games - with which I am fine yes]

I've found several sites by accident and gathered lots of inventory items.
However, finding sites on purpose appears to be absolutely beyond my capabilities and I am getting very fed up because I'll never progress with the story like this.

What I need is a map which shows the steps to take in order to get from one site to another shocked

I'm very close to uninstalling rolleyes

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/25/17 12:50 AM

That can indeed get very frustrating, Mad. I've seen a lot of "I'm lost in the woods" comments here!

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/25/17 02:49 AM

Mad,

I typed in a very ugly direction-position in text. Maybe it will help. I really doubt it but maybe you can get a hint from it.

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/25/17 03:37 PM

Mad, no one is worse at this type of navigation than I am - I absolutely loathe it. I made note of "landmarks" for each location and finally was able to get around OK. For instance... 2 clicks from the Quoit, 1 right to tower; left to bent tree = phone booth. But I still got lost sometimes. There is a map at the kiosk by the phone booth, but I didn't think it helped very much

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/28/17 06:00 AM

Thank you very much, MaG.
[And I'm sorry to be so late getting back here.]
I'll try and give those directions a go over the weekend smile

Draclvr. I just don't believe anyone can be worse than me with a navigation system like this woozy

Cheers.

Mad wave

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/28/17 06:02 AM

I can probably guarantee I will put anyone else to shame! I LOATHE this method of navigation!

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/28/17 06:19 AM

OK. We'll go hand in hand then !! rotfl

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/29/17 12:18 PM

When I first started the game, I wandered around everywhere I could and (accidentally) visited a lot of the sites I later saw marked on the map and solved a couple of puzzles.
But I'm now going to print out your walkthrough, MaG, and see if by using that I can find those sites again (on purpose) and hopefully do whatever I need to do to progress the story lol

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/29/17 03:19 PM

luck Mad.

Re: Barrow Hill-The Dark Path - 01/30/17 01:49 PM

Thank you MaG, you are very kind smile

[It's so long since I ever had to print out a walkthrough !!]
© 2024 GameBoomers Community