GB HOMEPAGE

Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun

Posted By: gillann

Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 05/29/17 08:09 PM

Replaying this game, and am already stuck! Have exhausted all conversations with characters, and have covered everything in the WT. I've also gathered up all the available objects for Inventory. The WT states that Hastings will automatically get thrown back to Poirot's office, but it's no happening. What am I missing? Can't go any further..
Posted By: Marian

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 05/29/17 08:22 PM

It would be really difficult to ascertain what little thing(s) is halting your progress. It would be a good idea to make sure you have read all documents and have right-clicked and examined everything. Also continue to look over the walkthrough carefully to see what you might have missed. wave
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 05/30/17 07:11 PM

As someone who loves this game but does get stuck each time I play, what I do if I've spoken to everyone, I go through the inventory and right-click/examine ALL items and do that for all of the documents and suspects (basically EVERYTHING in that top toolbar)

If that fails to progress you, you can click on Hastings' face in that toolbar to manually go back to Poirot's office and talk to him and do the finger of suspicion.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/01/17 05:10 PM

Thanks, everyone.. I've exhausted all the dialogue with available characters, built the blind, been everywhere and am just stuck. Will go through all inventory items, again, and if all else fails will start over! I've missed something, somewhere!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 12:33 AM

luck

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 04:58 PM

Well, I'm back. I've gone back and redone the game, and did find out that I hadn't completed all of the stop watch timings. Did that. Did everything in Poirot's instructions. Checked all suspects, all inventory, made the blind, saw Arlena and Patrick, though Poirot did not comment. I've completed everything re: WT, and I am still not directed back to Poirot's office. I did go back there, but he just gave Hastings a hint, which is unknown and encouraged him to carry on. Baffled. I have no idea what I am missing...Any hint would be welcome!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 06:55 PM

Just re-read the WT and am wondering about a time line glitch. When Poriot spoke with Christine she mentioned that Patrick was swimming. She stated that she'ed had enough sun, and left. When Poirot went to the beach and spoke with the 2 men there, he also picked up the cord and checked the water. There was no sign of Patrick. Later he returned to the beach, and saw Patrick and Arlene in the water together, but did not remark. The WT said Christine witnessed them there. Christine had already left, so how could she have seen them? When Poirot spoke to Christie, the Marshall's were still playing tennis...He spoke to Kenneth and learned about the 2 letters. It was after that scene, that Arlene was seen swimming, or floating with Patrick. Very confusing...

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 07:23 PM

Try going back to a very old saved game and redo the walkhrough step by step. See if it matches. There's a possibility that you might have opened a saved game where things have already been done. luck

Or you can watch this video walkthrough.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 08:50 PM

Thanks, MaG. There aren't any Saved games...I went back and started all over. I'll try to see if I can get back to an older game, but doubt it. I just went straight through without saving anything.I played this game ages ago, and don't remember having any problems with it.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 10:19 PM

If you still have the problem, look at some of the saves here: http://www.nicouzouf.com/en/?id=agathachristieevilunderthesun I have used them myself when I've gotten stuck

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 10:49 PM

Thank you, Jen. I couldn't get your saves to open on my computer, will try later on my husband's. I did go onto YouTube and checked their WTs. The first WT was one from several years ago when the game first came out. The game I have now, is newer. In the older version. there Poirot mentions 3 stories..A ghost at the pub, a girl being murdered, and one other. These game scenes do not appear on the game version I'm playing. Could that be the problem? I've done everything else mentioned in the WT.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 11:32 PM

The version I have I bought at Walmart in 2006 and it has those 3 stories in it. I would have thought the game would be the same

Also, be sure when you download those saves, you unpack them with a zip program (such as winzip, though I personally use B1) you'll have 2 files for each save (the Agatha Christie games are unique that way, you have the save file and a thumbnail

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/02/17 11:33 PM

Thank you, Jen!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/03/17 01:14 AM

Thanks Jen.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/03/17 05:14 PM

After days of trying to figure out the problem, I watched YouTube, and solved the problem. I'd never actually checked on the guest register as the names were already in Poirot's notebook. As soon as I did. I was sent back to Poirot's office. Voila!
Thanks, everyone!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/04/17 07:44 PM

I'm stuck again. Have done everything per Poirot's instructions, and the WT. Have just returned from Leatherscomb and have returned the book, gotten money from bank, picked up spatula and oough meds. talked to everyone, and am back at the hotel. The WT says to return to Poirot's room and find Linda in the bathroom with the previously saved Guillemot..She's not there. Now what?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/04/17 08:23 PM

If all else fails, perhaps you could try watching the video walkthrough again; there's a video walkthrough of the entire game.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/04/17 09:53 PM

Gillann, try going back down to where Poirot and Linda rescued the guillemot at. I had this problem the last time I played too and I was missing something which caused Linda to not automatically go to Poirot's room.

Also, be sure you have the Caring for Birds book (I can't precisely recall the true name of the book) in your inventory and have opened/viewed it, and have the soap, brush and I think oil.

Oh, and I think you need to have towels too.

Also try talking to Linda, if you haven't

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/04/17 10:53 PM

Thank you for your help, Jen. smile

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/12/17 05:30 PM

Have finished up cleaning the points on the car, and went outside to meet Will. He said the sea tractor was fine, Poirot explained he had cleaned the points on the car, and then, Will left. The WT states to "return to Seacliff"..How? Will wandered off and doesn't appear to be around anywhere...The newly repaired car is also gone. How to get back?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/12/17 06:14 PM

I believe that you have to use the sea tractor phone to the right of Will Jenks' garage. If you have done everything that you need to do up to this point, the sea tractor should get you there.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/12/17 06:25 PM

I did use the phone, but Will is not around, and the car that Poirot "fixed" is also gone. I've visited Weston ...no dialogue, been to the pub, the store/p.o., but no dialogue. Stranded in Leathercombe!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/12/17 06:51 PM

I was having trouble catching the sea tractor back to Seacliff, so I went back to a Save and redid the car repair. Will did not disappear...the car did, but in the scene Poirot was standing in front of him blocking him from sight! Found Will, and am on my way again!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/12/17 08:06 PM

Thanks for letting us know that you got it figured out. Have fun. smile

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/12/17 09:54 PM

It has occurred to me that this must be an abbreviated version of the game. I played it years ago when it came out, but this version I bought as a 3 for 1, and some scenes are just missing. The WT says after the ride back to Seacliff in the tractor, Poirot walks back to the hotel...He sees the Gardeners by the lounge chairs, but automatically walks off in a different direction, and ultimately digs, or looks for the treasure spot. In my version, as soon as Poirot spots the Gardeners, she begins a dialogue with him, and he does not walk off to seek the treasure. One other hint was for him to walk up to the summit near the courts..he didn't pace off there, either. Did find the shovel there, though. Not sure how to proceed. Not sure where he's supposed to go. He's not going on is own, though!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/12/17 10:39 PM

I am not aware of any abbreviated version of the game. It's possible that when/what you see something in the game depends on what you have done/not done thus far. It sounds rather nonlinear.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/13/17 01:13 AM

My copy is from that bundle pack too, and mine isn't missing any scenes. Some seam out of order by the walkthrough if you do some stuff in a different order, like Marian said

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/13/17 04:21 PM

I think you're probably right! I'll go back and try again. Thanks, everyone!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/13/17 08:47 PM

I have gone back, and followed the WT to the letter, as best as I can see. In the WT in the beginning of Act 4 I spoke with S. Lang, then talked to Linda. The WT said to go up to the tower and use the binocs to see Blatt with white sails now, turn R and see periscope. I have not seen Blatt, nor have I seen a periscope. Now, cannot get Poirot to pace off the area where the treasure may be. I can't see anything I've missed, but that's happened before! Any thoughts?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/13/17 08:51 PM

Until someone comes along who is more familiar with the game than I am (which is not at all), you could try watching Act 4 on YouTube and see if that might help.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 12:07 AM

Gillann,

What is still in Poirot's instructions (found in notebook)?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 06:56 PM

Find Tom Cutter's treasure, is the only thing left in his notebook/instructions...

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 07:19 PM

I found this online about finding the treasure; spoilers ahead:

Click to reveal..
Go to the Smuggler's End Pub and click on the
upstairs dartboard. Hastings will immediately make a deduction that he
never could make before. On your way to the island summit, you must pick
up a shovel that was never there before. After you reach the tennis court,
pick up the green tennis ball that is indistinguishable from the grass it's
sitting in. Then head to town and ask the pub owner where the real summit
is. Then back to the island, go to the new summit, and pick up some darts.
Now go to the downstairs dartboard and insert the darts into the groove on
the upper quadrant of the dartboard. (Having fun doing completely random
things yet?) Next, enter the tunnel and click the spatula on the upper half
of the wall to your left. ...Just kidding! Observe the footprints and pick
up the coat lying on the ground.

Q: What do I need to go further into the tunnels?

A: You can't yet, despite Poirot's task list commanding you to find the
treasure. Just head back upstairs.

Q: What the- All that and Act Four STILL isn't over, and I still have no
idea what I'm supposed to do!

A: Have you done your daily watching for U-boats yet?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 07:51 PM

Thanks, Marian you saved me once again, however I can't get Poirot to dig, yet. He's at the tennis courts with shovel, but nothing's happening..This is turning into a very long game!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 10:29 PM

I've just read two different WTs and am thoroughly confused. MaG's WTs are always spot on...The spot to find the treasure, which Poirot still refused to dig for, is supposed to be near the path to the Rocky beach where Miss Brewster hangs out. The other WT had Poirot digging near the Bathing Beach...So far, he's been to the tennis court, picked up the green ball but refuses to dig anywhere...There is no action indicated. I've had all of the conversations with the owner of the Monks Hood pub, and everyone else, but can't get Poirot to dig!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 10:37 PM

Has Poirot or Hastings mentioned digging for the treasure yet? Also, has Poirot walked the automatic directions, indicated from the darts?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 11:02 PM

He has only paced off the area near the Summit/tennis court. He found the green ball at the left of the entrance to the court, and Hastngs remarks about a spot that looks soft, or something, but Poirot does not respond, and does not dig there. I believe he's supposed to dig and find nothing.That the real spot is near the path to the Rocky Beach. I don't have the darts, yet. Help!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/14/17 11:49 PM

My spoiler above mentions where you pick up the darts.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/15/17 04:20 PM

The spoiler says to return to the "new" summit, and pick up the darts. Where is the new summit?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/15/17 04:31 PM

According to the spoiler I posted above, you have to ask the pub owner where the real summit is - I assume that is the "new" summit.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/15/17 06:07 PM

I've spoken to the bartender several times...can't remember, but he may have mentioned the summit in an earlier dialogue. Now, Poirot asks if the dog is not back yet. No further conversation about the summit. Bagley is mad that they used Baskerville on the mean cat! At the tennis court Hastings remarks about the low place on the court, but there is no digging anywhere around there, and Poirot does not leave the scene. Where on the court is he supposed to dig? Can't get him to move on the real summit.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/15/17 06:53 PM

Gillann,

I can't pinpoint what you're missing.
Please read the GB walkthrough and note the asterisks* --- on certain actions. Those are the necessary actions to make you go forward with the game. If not done - the game will not progress.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/15/17 07:08 PM

I still have yet to see one U-boat, although I followed the WT to the letter. Getting very frustrated with this one! The first time I played this game years ago, I breezed through. This version seems to escape me! Thanks, MaG...I'll go back and recheck.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/15/17 08:56 PM

Rushes posted this:
Yes, to see the submarine and the sailboat you need to be in the tower. Double check that you have selected the binoculars correctly so that an icon of them is showing in your cursor before you click on the cog. Be sure also that you *are* clicking on the cog and not a different section of the window where the binoculars won't work. If there's nothing interesting to see out of any window view, then nothing will happen and Poirot will just make a general comment.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/16/17 04:40 PM

I've decided to go back to the beginning and start over. I've also decided that this version is abbreviated. In the first scene at Poirot's office, he talks about the stories he will tell Hastings and their ties to the crime. In this version, the stories are not told. Too, the scene with Christine Redfern where she's sketching and remarks about Blatty and his red-sailed boat, and Patrick out swimming neither are shown. There are a few more missing scenes throughout the game. I'll give it all another try! Thanks for all of the help.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/16/17 05:10 PM

Here's a video walkthrough that was published just a month ago. It might be played using your version of the game. Check and see if it helps. luck

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/16/17 09:48 PM

Thanks, MaG. Breezed through Act 1 without a glitch. Began Act 2. Poirot back in his hotel room with Gladys the maid. She mentions new towels, P. and H. remark that she still seems put out. Poirot goes to the bathroom and takes the towels re: the WT. He exits room, and per the WT he is to remove certain items from Glads's cleaning cart. Neither Gladys nor the cart are there! Here we go again!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/16/17 10:05 PM

Where did you see Gladys before? Is she back there?
Try walking around - rooms, up the stairs and then go back to see if Gladys is there.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/17/17 03:17 PM

I found the cart. Gladys was in Poirot's room then left. The cart was outside his door. Moving on...

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/17/17 03:51 PM

Good to know that you are moving on. wave
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/18/17 09:33 AM

That's great Gillan. Glad you're moving forward/

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/18/17 09:30 PM

Breezing through most of the game now that I know there are some scenes/activities cut out. Am at the end of Act 4 and after Poirot talks to Weston and delivers North's sketch, etc. he's supposed to automatically be back at the hotel...Rushing water heard, sound of bath. Not happening.I've finished all of Poirot's instructions, read every doc. checked each suspect and done every action re:the WT. What am I missing?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/18/17 10:16 PM

Do you have all the inventory from this chapter picked up?

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/19/17 12:05 AM

Yes, as far as I can tell. I even have the darts, now! Will continue to check, but can't see what's missing.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/19/17 12:11 AM

Can you manually go back to Seadrift and the side of hotel on the path going to Rocky beach? See if you could and can hear the pipes. luck

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/19/17 05:20 PM

I finally solved the problem. The only activity I hadn't done was listening at K. Marshall's door. Couldn't find his"inner" room. Used the floor plan map, found his room, and am now on my way again!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/19/17 05:35 PM

Wonderful! You're doing well on the game.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/19/17 05:35 PM

Great! thumbsup

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/20/17 10:50 PM

Another problem...I'm at the end of Act 6. Poirot has done everything per the WT, I am not automatically going back to his office. The only activity that is in the WT, but Poirot refuses to do, is to take the bottle of pills from Stephen Lane's medicine cabinet. He tells Hastings that there is no need for them. They are basically, irrelevant. Poirot took 2 of the pills at an earlier time, and analyzed them at Adeline's. Cannot think of anything else...Help!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/20/17 11:35 PM

Are you at end of Chapter 5 or 6?
Also the most common problem here is the letter of regret puzzle. One or piece is usually not attached.
Check that letter again. luck

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/21/17 05:45 PM

I will check the letter again, but all seemed to be okay when I did it. The finished letter came together. There was one piece out of place when I was working on it, but I figured that out. Here we go again! Thanks, MaG.

P.S. I'm at the end of Act 5,not 6 and previously stated.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/21/17 06:37 PM

Good luck.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/22/17 03:48 PM

I am stuck on the Zodiac puzzle. I read the WT, but still don't get it! Read another clue, elsewhere that didn't work, either. Help!

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/22/17 04:40 PM

Miss Porter sent you 4 index cards with birthdates.
The puzzle has rings and zodiac icons.
Find out the zodiac signs of those 4 birthdays.
Then arrange the rings with older birthday's zodiac icon to youngest at center.
Position them above the arrow. Good luck.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/22/17 05:23 PM

MaG, I did all of that, but still don't get it!Sorry....I'll try again. (One clue had one spinning Sag x8, and the other signs spun to a specific number. Did that, too. Didnt' work

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/22/17 05:50 PM

See if this video helps. I am not sure where in the video it is, but it says that this part of the walkthrough includes it.

Re: Agatha Christie's Evil Under the Sun - 06/24/17 01:03 AM

if you can't find the puzzle in the walkthrough Marian linked, mine is on youtube too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSDc9aIgG-k&index=9&list=PLrWwuQDIddup9vMGiBz0BV0-ZAimx04f_ (make sure you're on part 9, the puzzle starts around 10:28)
© 2024 GameBoomers Community