GB HOMEPAGE

evil under the sun

Posted By: albet

evil under the sun - 06/05/17 07:37 PM

where is the saved game folder. thanks
Posted By: Marian

Re: evil under the sun - 06/05/17 08:17 PM

I am not sure, but try searching for a folder called TAC (The Adventure Company) - the game and its saves might be located there.
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: evil under the sun - 06/05/17 10:42 PM

I just opened up my game and made a save to check the location. I don't know if it's the same for all Windows versions, but my computer is running windows 10 and for me the direct locations is:
C:\Users\Jen\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\The Adventure Company\Evil Under the Sun\Saved.Games

so, yours should be the same, just put your windows username where it says Jen
Posted By: Marian

Re: evil under the sun - 06/05/17 10:45 PM

Thank you for your help, Jen. wave

Re: evil under the sun - 06/05/17 11:44 PM

the saves didn't show up in win 7 home
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: evil under the sun - 06/05/17 11:49 PM

It's been awhile since I've used Windows 7 (I've had this computer since August of last year), but if I remember right, the Windows 7 save directory was the same as it is now with W10

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 10:50 AM

I just reinstalled the game and put a save in saved game and it did not show in the game.thanks
Posted By: MaG

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 01:14 PM

Before you place the saved game file; play the game for a little bit and then save the game. Then place the saved game file that should be renumbered as the last number in the saved game folder. See if that works.

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 02:01 PM

could the reason be Microsoft. I had this game for over 10 years & I never had trouble. still life I used to load saved games & now I can't. I heard that Microsoft is trying to get rid of win 7. what is the best windows can i get for a PC. thanks
Posted By: MaG

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 05:56 PM

Almost all OS now for new computers is Win10. So there's no choice for new computers.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: MaG
Almost all OS now for new computers is Win10. So there's no choice for new computers.

No choice if you're buying a laptop or a name brand desktop anyway.
There are still a few places that build custom computers that will put Windows 7 on a computer for you, but they aren't likely to offer Windows 7 with the latest generation processors. Microsoft has conspired not to support the latest Intel and AMD processors on Windows 7.

Buying a new computer with Windows 7 doesn't ensure an old saved game will work.

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 06:31 PM

I got this game to a save but not still life.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 06:37 PM

Still Life has several versions.
Saved games aren't necessarily compatible between versions.
Are you using a save from the same version you're using?

Re: evil under the sun - 06/06/17 08:00 PM

no it is from steam I forgot I had for so now the disc won't work because steam

Re: evil under the sun - 06/07/17 08:23 PM

does anyone know of the patch for this game it is from 2008. I installed it and wiped out the I was playing. thanks
© 2024 GameBoomers Community