GB HOMEPAGE

tex murphy the pandoa directive

Posted By: deleterman

tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/10/17 11:04 PM

just a quick question, when walking around how do i look up ? what key do i click on ? also looking down ?? thanks
Posted By: Marian

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/10/17 11:19 PM

I believe that you can use the up/down arrow keys to look up and down. I am assuming the controls are the same ones used in Under a Killing Moon, which I am playing right now. To get back to the normal view, press tab.

See if that works.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/11/17 12:48 AM

thanks worked like a dream. thumbsup joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/11/17 01:29 AM

Great! wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/11/17 04:54 PM

how do U like killing moon ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/11/17 04:55 PM

I have played it before and am playing it again, so I like it very much. wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/11/17 07:06 PM

same here love all Tex's games . the 1 that i'm playing now I last played 7 years ago.time flies huh. joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/11/17 07:17 PM

It sure does. Replaying a game many years later is almost like playing it for the first time! smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/11/17 09:53 PM

U got that right ! joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/12/17 05:46 PM

yikes at the part day 3 trying to put the scraps of paper together but it looks up side down ! is there a way to rotate the scraps ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/12/17 05:55 PM

You can flip each scrap after you pick it up using the left and right arrow keys. wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/12/17 06:11 PM

thanks for that info. praise

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/12/17 06:55 PM

Have fun. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/13/17 01:59 AM

thanks for all your help, it,s been over 7 years the last time I played this game so i,m a little slow on this game . but I did finish that scrap note puzzle. thumbsupgood game . joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/13/17 02:11 AM

You are most welcome - I am always happy to help out a fellow gamer! smile

Nothing wrong with taking your time with the game, either - it's a good way to play. dance

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/14/17 03:57 AM

well at the top of rusty fun house now the problem is how do i lower my self to go over the steps ? duh I'M after the killer !

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/14/17 04:32 AM

Not sure what you mean, but if you need to duck down, you use the control key to crouch, then press E to normalize your position.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/14/17 05:30 AM

yeah thats it ,ducking down . thumbsup that did it . joy now in day 4. devilchili again thanks for all your help. urock this is a great game . wave2

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/14/17 05:39 AM

Great! Have fun with day 4. bravo

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/14/17 10:12 PM

yes having fun , but at the clayborne mine puzzle .i have tried over and over but can't get it is there a easy way to do this puzzle? I know I have to move all the green to the right and the red to the left. hardwall SEND HELP SOON PLEASE .

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/14/17 10:36 PM

Well, here's a spoiler from a walkthrough:

Quote:
Here you find the box but it has a Clayborne mine attached to it which you must deactivate by transferring the green photons from the left hand side to the right and vice versa with the red. One red and one green photon are lighter in color than the others and the shuttle must contain one of these before it can move. The shuttle also will not move if there are more of one color than the other in either side. To de-activate the mine click on the following photons:-

LR-R-R-ST, LG-G-G-ST, LG-R-ST, LR-G-ST, LR-R-R-ST, LG-G-G-ST.

(LG= Light green LR=light red R=red G=Green ST=Shuttle transfer.)

See if you can get it by following those instructions. If not, there's a video walkthrough on YouTube - start at about 20 minutes 44 seconds:

Clayborne mine

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/14/17 11:26 PM

lets see we have 6 steps, #1 starts on the right .then #2 starts on the left .and so on right ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 12:12 AM

Yes, that's correct. I would just follow along with the video walkthrough and take notes of what they do.

In your gaming screen, too, where it says auxiliary panel, inventory, examine, and so forth, there is also a hints tab. If you are playing on Entertainment level the game will give you hints. I am not sure if it allows you to skip puzzles or not, but you might be able to get some hints for the puzzle that way. If you follow the video walkthrough, though, it should be easier to get past it.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 12:53 AM

re did it and got it . thumbsup went to david wright's place get every this and now back at tex's place.but i don't see any one ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 01:31 AM

Great you did the puzzle.

It sounds like you might not have done everything at David Wright's cabin.

Quote:
Travel to David Wright's cabin. Move the papers on the floor, you find a pool of blood. Go up the stairs and move the painting to reveal a keypad. Go back down the stairs and pick up the wad of paper which is lying at the foot of the stairs. Get the CD from the drawer. Return to the computer room in your office.

Double-check and see what happens.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 03:22 AM

yes I did all that and got CD and the crumpled paper.now what ?? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 03:34 AM

You must have missed something somewhere. You could take a look at the hints available in the game, try going to all the locations that you are able to travel to and see if there is something else to do, try talking to people to see if there is a potential conversational topic you might have missed, see if you can combine any items in inventory, etc.

If you are still stuck after that, we can look at a video walkthrough to see what happens to Tex after the puzzle where you deactivate the mine. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 05:32 AM

ok I went back and redid the the puzzle to deactivate the mine,then went to Wrights cabin and all was good up to this part. scaredwhat now ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 05:42 AM

Try watching these videos:

Day 4 Part 1 (You can start watching this one after about 21 minutes (after mine deactivation)

and this one for rest of day 4:

Day 4 Part 2

Maybe that will help get you moving again. luck

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 03:58 PM

I went back and redid ,de-activate the mine ,got the box that was stolen from Emily.is that good so far ? re did all parts up to going back to tex's do not click on tex's office and just click on the ritz.now all good! thumbsup

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 04:25 PM

That seems to correspond with the walkthrough. I'm sure you will get if figured out, and as I said before, you can watch the video walkthrough to help you. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 05:20 PM

yes the video walkthrough realy helps out.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 05:32 PM

Have fun with it. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 06:55 PM

made it to day 5 wave2 joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/15/17 06:56 PM

Good for you! bravo

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/16/17 05:44 AM

Hi,I'm all set to go to day6 but i need the co-ordinates for roswell , how do i get them ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/16/17 06:20 AM

From a walkthrough:

Quote:
Once you've completed the initial conversation with Ellis and seen his recorded interview with Malloy, you can ask him about Item #186 (if you've opened Regan's puzzle box). Offering it will get you the Roswell Ask About. Ask Ellis about Roswell to get the Roswell Security Clearance Ask About. Call Fitzpatrick and ask him about Roswell to get the coordinates.

See if that helps.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/16/17 05:38 PM

thanks that was it .now in day 6 inside @ roswell.thanks for all your help! joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/16/17 06:10 PM

You are most welcome! Being inside Roswell will be very...interesting! laugh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/17/17 01:51 AM

you can say that again,day 7 is very hard from the start . hardwall that's where i am now ...

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/17/17 02:02 AM

When I played the game, I followed a walkthrough for day 7. It was scaring me, and I couldn't take the pressure. scared

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/17/17 02:10 AM

yeah the 1st part is like a timed part very hard .... smashpc and all the halls look alike.. woozy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/17/17 02:21 AM

Make a save before you go in, for sure. You can work out what to do over time, but it will take a lot of patience and reloading before you have a complete plan. It's true that you don't have a lot of time to waste in there. No time for sight-seeing. grin

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/17/17 03:53 AM

your right - at one time i made a map of the lay out looks like i will have to make a new one . it makes it easy that way - for me .. yes do you know how much time i have to get rid of the alien ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/17/17 11:54 PM

yikes , do you know how much time i have from the mess hall to when i get rid of the alien ?? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/18/17 12:26 AM

I don't know exactly how much time it gives you. I do know that I had enough time when I followed the walkthrough.

I found out this about day seven on UHS hints, which I did not know:

Quote:
Fortunately for you, it's possible to reset the timer. This may be a bug, but it does work. Just return to the laser beam room, so now and then, if you feel things are getting hot.

I haven't tested this myself, but it would be interesting to see if it works.

You might find this helpful too:

Pandora Directive Day Seven

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/18/17 02:06 AM

where is the laser beam room? duh praise

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/18/17 02:56 AM

I am not positive, but looking at the walkthrough, what's meant is probably the Laser Field Room, outside of the Main Complex - you were there earlier.

Looking at a video walkthrough for day 7 could be helpful, as well.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/18/17 03:17 AM

ok I think I know what your talking about , thats the room that I came from to start day 7 right ? how long will it stop the time ? and should I save the spot befor I go there ? thanks

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/18/17 03:29 AM

It doesn't say how long it will stop the time - it sounded to me like what it did was to reset the timer, like you are starting over at the beginning of the timed segment when in the laser room. I would have several saved games in this area including one that starts from the laser room. Better safe than sorry, as the expression goes. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/18/17 06:12 AM

thanks for all your help on this game , i have did this part many times but now it looks hard to me . scared

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/18/17 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: deleterman
thanks for all your help on this game , i have did this part many times but now it looks hard to me . scared

I know what you mean. wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/19/17 11:47 PM

struggling to get through this timed part. has anyone tried going to the laser room ? any way i have came very close to the end but nada.zapped .like 20 seconds . still trying . hardwall .

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/19/17 11:50 PM

Have you checked these out?

Pandora Directive Day 7 Part One

Pandora Directive Day 7 Part Two

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 12:36 AM

yes I have,but did help some what.but time is time . duh and it goes fast in this part ... hardwall in the gen room I have done every thing and i start up the generator and after a few seconds or so i get zapped .what gives ?? I never see the alien at all.? smashpc

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 02:26 AM

Here's another walkthrough that talks about the generator part:

Quote:
Exit the MESS HALL, turn left, and enter the next STORAGE ROOM on the left. Get a spark plug from the box on the shelf. Exit the STORAGE ROOM, turn left, go around the corner, and enter the GENERATOR ROOM on the right. On the left side of the generator, move the fuel tank cap and use the liquefied diesel fuel to fill the tank. Then open the first door to your right and put in the spark plug. Go to the other end of the generator and move the primer handle 3 times. Then open the remaining door and push the button that starts the generator. Quickly exit the room, and wait for the generator to stop. Then, enter the GENERATOR ROOM again. Combine the containment scrap with the containment unit to open the unit, then use the opened containment unit on the blob of green ectoplasm to capture the beast. Now you can relax a bit, but you still have a lot more to do here!

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 03:18 AM

thanks , after i started the gen i did no go out side and wait for it to stop .could that be my problem ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 03:21 AM

If the walkthrough is correct, then I would say you definitely need to exit the room and wait for the generator to stop. It sounds like an important step.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 03:52 AM

thank you,thank you..that is what I'm going to do then ! thumbsup monky

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 03:56 AM

I hope it helps you. luck

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 11:02 PM

did just like you said. thumbsup joy now at the dorm room heading to the rec room to get dart and cue . praise monky

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/20/17 11:06 PM

Excellent! wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 01:53 AM

just a quick question,Iam in the 2 level war room i have the alien abductor but i need to go and get some batterys how do i go to the electronic shop to get them ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 02:51 AM

I think you can just pull up the travel map and choose to go back to Chandler Avenue to the Electronics Shop.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 02:59 AM

travel maps only show roswell area ? now what ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 03:22 AM

One walkthrough says this:

Quote:
Exit back to the laser field area. NO, you don’t have to reenter the laser field. You can travel from here now that you’ve destroyed the alien entity. Travel to the Electronics’ Shop and purchase the Robco battery pack.

It sounds like you need to be in the laser field area before you can travel to the Electronics Shop.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 03:55 AM

yes did just what you said ,got the batterys now back in the big fan area. praise

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 04:04 AM

Great! Have fun. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 11:11 PM

this is cool , is there a map of this duct works ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/21/17 11:41 PM

If there is a map, I'm not finding one.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/22/17 03:49 AM

thankswell it looks easy enough.and fun. joy2

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/22/17 04:03 AM

Great. rah

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/23/17 03:26 AM

yikes sone how i got mixed up ,but alls ok now . woozy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/23/17 03:43 AM

Looking at the walkthrough, once you pick up the weight bar you should have it in your inventory up until the time that you need to use it. There doesn't appear to be a way to lose it during that time. Are you sure that it is not in your inventory? I don't remember exactly, but maybe there's a way to scroll through the inventory up/down or something like that, and that's why you aren't seeing it - is that possible?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/23/17 03:47 AM

yes now every thing is good now in the duct works with the abductor. duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/23/17 03:48 AM

Glad to hear it. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/24/17 05:20 AM

doing good so far on the 2 floor looking for J2-12 Computer lab.i don't know how easy that will be ? duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/24/17 05:40 AM

It sounds like you are making good progress. wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/24/17 07:09 PM

Well made it to the place to get screwdriver but i don't see it ? how do i know if i can't see it to get it ? send help some please .. duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/24/17 07:19 PM

Quote:
Go left around the chair and pick up the screwdriver on the floor. Now, leave the lab.

If it's a small item, it might be kind of hard to see. Make sure that you go left around the chair and press the down arrow key in order to look down and examine the area carefully.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/24/17 07:27 PM

THANK YOU ,now on to j2-8 metallurgy lab.thank for your help . praise

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/24/17 07:27 PM

You are most welcome! smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/25/17 01:32 AM

well done with the alien abductor.now in the elevator with the bomb.yikes more fun. joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/25/17 02:41 AM

You're doing great. wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/25/17 11:57 PM

yikes just go the power cell , need to get back to my office .how do i get back to my office ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/26/17 12:06 AM

The walkthrough says this:

Quote:
Travel back to Level 1 Main Hallway. Exit Roswell and travel back to Murphy’s office.

I think the last time you left the complex you were able to travel once you got to the laser field area - maybe that is the case now, too.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/26/17 03:10 AM

yes that's it on to day 8 joy burger

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/26/17 03:18 AM

Hooray! smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 12:26 AM

Hi back again - in day 8 , in elijah witts apartment now is this a timed sequence ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 01:03 AM

I see that you have to deactivate the alarm to his apartment. I read through the entire section about his apartment and it doesn't appear to be timed.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 01:31 AM

I'm in the apartment but have not disarmed the alarm yet . duh

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 01:46 AM

Quote:
Now, go to Witt’s apartment.

As soon as you enter the alarm goes off. Your first order of business is deactivating this alarm system. First, locate the mask and move it and press the pink switch. Next, go to the table, move the plant and press the green button. Go to the fireplace and look at the orange switch. It’s out of your reach so grab the bamboo and take the lifter up to the second floor. Use the bamboo on the orange switch. Finally, move the plant aside of the dresser and push the blue switch. That should take care of the alarm system.

luck

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 04:03 AM

cool got that now trying to do the slider puzzle , what is it look like when completed ? any photos ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 04:30 AM

Check out this page here.

There is a link on that page that says Edsen's Box Solution - click on that and it will show you a picture.

Hopefully this is the puzzle you are working on.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 05:33 AM

no this is the one that in the corner -statue that i opened with the key from the foil with the tweezer from the fire place,i used the key on the statue and that opened up the slider puzzle ,have to match the numbers on the back of the photo.77,61,44 and 26. woozy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 05:36 AM

Ah, okay, take a look at this picture.

UHS also states:

Quote:
It should be easiest and fastest if you solve the puzzle one row at a time, starting with the bottom row.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 05:51 AM

thank you ,thank you so much.. joy urock

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/27/17 05:53 AM

I am happy that it helps. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/29/17 11:52 PM

at the part with the 3 kings puzzle .is there a photo of them put together ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/30/17 12:55 AM

Take a look at this. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/30/17 02:51 AM

yes that worked out great ,now i got all the daggers but for some reason i go duh t in to the the main altar that is where the stones was how do i get back where i got the gold dagger ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/30/17 03:08 AM

You are going to need to follow a walkthrough closely for this one, as I think it's pretty easy to get lost.

I believe this is the area you are in:

Quote:
ENT mode and GP mode players now, follow the passage (through a LEFT and RIGHT turn) and go to the END. Go LEFT to the END. Go LEFT again, then RIGHT, RIGHT and LEFT. Get the Gold Dagger.

Go back the way you came (RIGHT, LEFT, LEFT and RIGHT). Take the first opening and on the RIGHT. Follow the passage (through a RIGHT and LEFT turn) to the door with the Wasp Symbol. Before you enter the Wasp Chamber, if you haven’t already, combine the handkerchief with the oil from the lantern. Then, combine the oily handkerchief with the spear. Now, light the spear by combining the matches with the spear and oily handkerchief. Enter the chamber.

After Tex’s comments to himself about the wasps, look to your right at the wasp head about the door. Use the spear on the wasp head. Now, look around the chamber. Pay close attention to the 3 Mayan Kings. Note their headgear, torso and waist down to the shoes. Look at the Altar. This is the next puzzle. It’s pretty simple. It is a jigsaw puzzle of the 3 Mayan Kings. GP mode players, you have about 30 seconds to complete this puzzle to receive the maximum point value.

Exit the Wasp Chamber through the door with the moon symbol above. Go to the intersection and turn RIGHT, then LEFT, then RIGHT to the END of the passage. Then, go RIGHT again and get the Red Dagger.

Turn around and go LEFT. At the next opening on the LEFT enter the door to the Dagger Chamber.

Look at the Altar and the wall. It tells you the order of the daggers. Now, solve the 5 Dagger Puzzle. Here’s the solution: Note: The openings are slightly raised, therefore, the Black Sun Dagger would be in the highest position. The White Sun Dagger would be in the next highest position and so on.

BLACK SUN DAGGER ABOVE WHITE SUN DAGGER

WHITE SUN DAGGER ABOVE CIRCLE DAGGER

CIRCLE DAGGER ABOVE STAR DAGGER

THEN, MAN DAGGER

Exit the Dagger Chamber through the door with the black sun dagger above.

Go to the END and take a RIGHT and a LEFT. Enter the door with the Pentagon symbol. This is Mayan Ascension Chamber 1.

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/30/17 03:15 AM

thanksoff and running lab urock joy devilchili

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/30/17 04:01 AM

You are still making great progress! This is an epic game. wave

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/30/17 06:41 AM

well made it to day 10 thanks for all your help.it was a great game right up to the end , what now ?

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 08/30/17 06:43 AM

Congratulations!

Deciding what game to play next should be fun. thumbsup

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 09/01/17 05:27 AM

Delaware St:John: a town with no name.how does that sound? joy

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 09/01/17 05:34 AM

I have heard good things about the game, although I haven't played it. smile

Re: tex murphy the pandoa directive - 09/01/17 05:49 PM