GB HOMEPAGE

sherlock holmes:the awakened.

Posted By: deleterman

sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 07:03 PM

just hit a wall,at the labor i went in and clicked on the ctrl key and as i entered this guy blows the whistle ?now what do i need to do ?? duh
Posted By: Marian

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 07:20 PM

I think there's some timing involved here; I don't mean that you are being timed but rather that you have to do things at just the right moment.

The walkthrough states:

Quote:
Laboratory (Labor): Exit the cell. The door on the left is locked. Turn to right and go forward past an archway on the right. Turn left on the corner and see a note on the left by the laboratory door. Read the note by Dr. Gygax. Enter the lab and Holmes warns about being careful or finding a way to neutralize the nurse, maybe put him to sleep. Press the Ctrl key to crouch down as seen by the silhouette at bottom left of screen.

Crouch forward to the first workbench on the right. At the bottom shelf, take 3 syringes: 12mm, 15mm and 18 mm in diameters. Crouch around and see a scale on the top of this work bench and a doll on the left by the wall. You can pick up the doll now or later. The male nurse is in the grilled chemical-drug room. Exit the room.

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 07:49 PM

when i click on syringes they are not in mm's ? duh now i can't start game and can't go to saved games.now what do i need to do?send help soon. woozy

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 08:13 PM

What happens when you try to start the game?

It sounds like we may have to move this thread over to technical support, but I will wait for your reply.

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 08:23 PM

thanks i had to restart my computer and now it works ,when i go into the lab and get the 3 syringes there are in pts diameters not in mm is that odd ? how do i change them in to mm? duh thanks joy

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 08:28 PM

If you are certain that you have the correct syringes, then I would just keep on playing and see what happens.

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 11:05 PM

ok,i just picked up the a blowpipe i don't want -how do i put it back and get the right one?

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/29/17 11:18 PM

I took a look at an online manual and it says this:

Quote:
To pick up an object, click on it using the left button. The object is now illuminated
and your character is holding it. Right click to return to the game: you will see the
selected object displayed on the top right of your screen. If you wish to return this
object to the inventory, click on it in the inventory again; the object is no longer illuminated
and your character has put the object away.

Can you pick up the new blowpipe while leaving the one you don't want in your inventory? I don't know how the controls work for this game, other than what I could find in the game manual.

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 12:35 AM

back again for some odd reason i can't combine syringes and blow pipe .now what ?

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 12:39 AM

Quote:
You have a 12, a 15 and an 18 mm in diameter syringes. You need a bit of space to place the syringe in the pipe. Take the 16 mm (or 40 pts) in diameter pipe.

Combine the sedative and the 15mm syringe. Then combine that 15mm syringe with sedative with the 16 mm pipe to get a blowpipe.

Have you added the sedative to the syringe? Are you sure that your syringe and pipe are the ones with the right measurements?

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 12:42 AM

i thing i need to get sedative i don't have it.looks like i have to go back to a save game where i can get it. duh

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 01:37 AM

The walkthrough says:

Quote:
If you miss getting the sedative bottle, you can pick it up later in the game.

It sounds like you might be able to get it now, without having to reload a saved game. See if that's possible.

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 01:47 AM

thanks devilchili laboff and running

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 01:53 AM

Good luck! smile

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 04:43 PM

well i went way back and got it and made my blowpipe and went back to lab and nailed the nurse.went up to the examination room,this is where i'm at now kind of cool. thumbsup cool game i think i'm hooked. dance

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 04:49 PM

I hardly remember it at all now, but I do remember when playing it, I thought it was a very interesting and entertaining game. Have fun. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 07:00 PM

I absolutely LOVED this game and although I've played it a couple of times already, I will certainly play it again laugh

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 07:16 PM

I re-purchased the game from GOG a while back and will definitely try to play it again in the next few months. thumbsup

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 07:29 PM

I'm sure you will enjoy it, Marian yay

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 09/30/17 11:56 PM

yikes i just talked to becker he wants the pink crystals.i went to thelab but can't get the pink crystals ? duhwhat to do now .... headscratch

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/01/17 01:21 AM

well i had to go back some but alls well- now at the kitchen with the smoking device.cool huh ? joy

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/01/17 01:38 AM

That's great that you were able to do that. smile

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/01/17 05:08 AM

well thanks to utube and the walkthrough it made it easier, spent alot of time to get the kitchen. woozy but fun. joy

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/01/17 05:23 AM

You're making good progress. wave

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/02/17 01:10 AM

yeah out of there , now in Dr.Gygax's office . all most to New Orleans. thumbsup joy

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/02/17 01:23 AM

That's great! rah

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/02/17 07:57 PM

now just talked to the crazy hermit,now the nurses are coming yikes ,is this a timed part ? headscratch duh

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/02/17 08:12 PM

The walkthrough states:

Quote:
He talks about the Great one. The Great One returns! He is so loud that it alerts the male nurses. They are coming!

Escape: Immediately go to Gygax' office at the parallel corridor. Enter the office.

The word "immediately" makes me think that it is important to get through this sequence without taking the time to sightsee. laugh

Just follow the walkthrough step by step and you should be fine.

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/02/17 10:27 PM

piece of cake.now at the bank. thumbsup devilchili

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/02/17 11:34 PM

You're doing great - have fun. wave

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/10/17 11:43 PM

thanks guys for all your help on this game ,just finished it . thumbsup praise devilchili

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 12:11 AM

Thanks for letting us know - congratulations on finishing! thumbsup

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 12:39 AM

thanks , I was thinking about playing -Art of Murder .what do U think? headscratch

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 01:02 AM

Well, you were playing Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny a while ago and ran into a big problem where you couldn't get out of the lab. So, I wouldn't recommend that one, unless you figured out a way to get past that problem. wave

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 01:10 AM

thanks i forgot about that duh again thanks . the hunt for the puppeteer is a different game .what do U think ?

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 02:08 AM

I haven't played it so can't really offer an opinion. I seem to recall that there are a few places in the game that seem to give some players trouble. But if you have played it before, maybe that wouldn't be a problem.

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 02:27 AM

I have played it 3 times the last time was about 2 or 3 years ago.I wrote every thing down in my walkthrough. thumbsup cool huh. monky

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 06:42 PM

I really enjoyed that game thumbsup

Re: sherlock holmes:the awakened. - 10/11/17 10:39 PM

thank you. devilchili just started game wow what a great game. joy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community