GB HOMEPAGE

The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2)

Posted By: oldbroad

The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/29/17 10:46 PM

Hi Marian,

I've used the walkthrough twice, once I was glad I did, once I was not, so this time I'm hoping you can shed some light for me.

I'm in the library at the Monastary of St. Catherine. I have 3 of the 4 keys to the door. The one I'm having trouble with is the pyramid puzzle with the white sticks. I've found a book with a picture but I guess I am just not understanding something. I can't get this. Is there a way to help without giving me an outright answer?

If not, no worries!!

Thanks.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/29/17 10:58 PM

Here is some information/hints:

The red sticks placement can be found in a diagram in a book on the shelf.

Quote:
Look close on drawings on the lid of the coffin. 3 triangles of red and white sticks are already done. The puzzle involves placing red and white sticks on each triangle that will total 21 vertically and diagonally; each stick counts as one. The sticks must fill up a row in that pyramid. 1 to 9 white sticks should be placed in each square and the number placed NOT duplicated.

Maybe this will help - if not, let me know. I am not sure how you are supposed to know about the totaling 21 vertically and diagonally, but maybe it will make more sense to you than it does to me.

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/29/17 11:15 PM

Thanks Marian. I'll see what I can do with this. I also do not know how you are supposed to know about the 21 total. I'll look and see how they add up. In the book there is a 15 at the bottom of the page which had me looking for something on that line, but maybe that was a page number or something.

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/29/17 11:51 PM

Good luck. smile

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/30/17 12:22 AM

Marian - forgive me asking this, but are you sure you're looking at the same puzzle I'm looking at? I think I'm on page 7 of MaG's walkthrough.

There is no way for anything to total 21 vertically and diagonally that I can see. Each triangle/pyramid is only 15 spaces and there are 3 triangle/pyramids that you cannot add sticks to.

duh

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/30/17 12:58 AM

This is in the Monastery of St. Catherine. Let's make sure I am looking at the right thing.

Before we get to this part, the walkthrough says (this is in the library):

Quote:
Go to the bookcase. Look at open chest on the extreme left of the bookcase. Pick up magnetized rosary and read the letter of Proclos to Simon.

Does that sound like where you are?

If so, I can provide another sentence of information about the puzzle if needed.

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/30/17 01:17 AM

Yes, that does sound like where I'm at. Getting the 3 other keys was easy. Don't know why I can't figure this one out. I guess you better hit me with another sentence. blush

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/30/17 01:21 AM

Here's some more info; the fact that I was giving you the information in a disjointed manner may well have made things worse.

Quote:
Since 4, 5 and 6 are already on the preset triangles - 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 white sticks need to be placed on the remaining triangles. The red sticks placement can be found in a diagram in a book on the shelf, found on the right and above of the chest. The diagram shows pyramids with one red dot on each pyramid on the top row, 2 red dots on second row and 3 red dots on the third row.

Are we having fun yet? lol

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/30/17 03:46 AM

No Marian. It was me not understanding what exactly was to add up to 21. That finally dawned on me so I am now working on the numbers.

The games are pretty good but I am having some audio issues playing them in my XP. Nothing to ruin the game though.

Thank you much!!!

praise

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 11/30/17 03:52 AM

Glad to help! smile

They look like interesting games, and it's been fun getting to take a look at them through the walkthrough.

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 12/03/17 06:12 AM

Finis!

flowers

Re: The Secrets of Alamut (Legends part 2) - 12/03/17 02:56 PM

Congratulations! Another game conquered. bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community