GB HOMEPAGE

SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy

Posted By: Chuck M

SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/10/17 11:57 PM

Hi anyone...am at the SEAL PUZZLE and placed the four symbols. Cannot open this door..any suggestions
Posted By: Marian

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/11/17 12:10 AM

Not sure, Chuck. Looking at a walkthrough, there is a scorpion seal which is extraneous and you do not use it to solve the puzzle. The correct seals should be placed in the following order from the top down: Jackal, Ibis, Arched figure, Children. Is this how you have placed the seals?

If you have placed them correctly, then it's possible (although I haven't played this game) that there is something else you need to have done/looked at, before the game will recognize that you have the correct solution.

If all else fails, you could look at a walkthrough on YouTube.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/11/17 12:22 AM

UHS (Universal Hint System) has hints for this game
http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/mystmumm/19.php?hint=9

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/11/17 12:29 AM

Thank you, Jenny. UHS is an excellent resource.
Posted By: Chuck M

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/12/17 10:56 PM

Hi..thanks to all..what happened was that I got 4 seals..but Children Seal not among..back and got Children Seal..and it worked..Chuck

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/12/17 11:05 PM

Glad to hear you got past your stuck point, Chuck! wave12
Posted By: deleterman

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 12:58 AM

thanks. i checked the walkthrough again and i had the right seals and any way i went on and just slid into level 2 - libary.thats where i'm at now. joy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 01:00 AM

That's good news. bravo12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 01:25 AM

yes just got the blue book. santadance

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 01:48 AM

Sounds good. reindeer

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 06:36 AM

thanks santa

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 08:19 PM

just hit a bump in the road,on level 2 just put blue book on second floor Library got the green book put that in the green bookshelf ,got white book,but i don't have the 2nd white book.now what ?

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 08:33 PM

All I can do here is refer you to the walkthrough. See if any of this helps you out. This is from the beginning of the sequence to the end:

Quote:
With your back to the double doors, turn right and pick up the bright blue HISTORY BOOK from behind the white pillar. Go up the spiral stairs behind you in the left corner of the room. Go left and forward to the bookcase with bright blue books. While holding the blue book you found behind the pillar, click on the book on the second row, right side. The bright blue History book will properly store itself and you'll have a bright green RELIGION BOOK in your inventory. Aha, so that's how it works. Let's repeat this exercise a few more times, tidy up the library, and maybe find a clue or two to Montcalfe's disappearance along the way.

Find the bookcase with bright green books. Exchange the green book while picking up a bright red GEOGRAPHY BOOK. Go back down the spiral stairs and over to the far left corner of the room (from the stairs) where you'll see the bright red books. Replace the light blue PHILOSOPHY BOOK with the red book. Sherlock just may be a victim of obsessive compulsive disorder, don't you think? Or maybe he missed a greater calling as a librarian?

Now, holding the Philosophy book go to the other end of the room in the right corner opposite the spiral stairs. On the second shelf of the bookcase, with the blue books, exchange the one you are carrying for the black LAW BOOK. Take the black law book back up the stairs till you're facing the bookcase with all black books. Exchange the one you have with the yellow SCIENCE BOOK on the right side of the second shelf. Now, go back down the stairs. Go slightly right and forward to the yellow books. Exchange the yellow book with the white PHILOSOPHY BOOK on the left side, second shelf. Exchange this philosophy book with another large white (may look blue) book in the third shelf, right in the middle. It's within this philosophy book that Sherlock finally finds what he didn't know he was looking for.....another KEY!

rolleyes12 grin12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 08:46 PM

thanksso it looks like i will not have 2 white books in invertry. happydance12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/14/17 08:48 PM

Enjoy your adventures in the library. grin12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/17/17 06:29 AM

well made it to the 3 level - wine cellar.i'm using 2 walk through and both are very hard to follow ,one is by Witchen.the other by game solves.is there a good one that i don't know about ? please let me know if there is . headscratch thanks

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/17/17 03:24 PM

Here are a couple more:

UHS hints for the game here.

And there is another one here.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/17/17 06:56 PM

thanks so much ,i think the last one is the best that i have seen.now i just have to get my printer to work and off i go. thanks joy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/17/17 07:11 PM

I hope it is of help to you! wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/17/17 09:07 PM

well as luck would have it my printer works now so i printed the walkthrough out . santadance now off and running lab thanks

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/17/17 09:28 PM

Printers can be very annoying at times - glad you got it working. thumbsup12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 01:03 AM

yes they can,the 1st 2 pages i printed out had a older walk through printed on top of it ,this was 2008 walkthrough.so i have 2 walkthroughs on the same page crazy i can't finger that out. think right now at the spot where i have to make a torch and something about a slider puzzle what should i do ?

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 02:20 AM

I hope this is where you are and that it helps:

Click to reveal..
Combine each of the two rags with a stick in your inventory screen to make a TORCH. Use the gin bottle on the rag tips of each torch. Use the matches on one torch. It will light. If you need the other torch later, you will be able to use it then.

Take the bottle of Bordeaux from your inventory and place it in the now empty shelf on the end of the side rack of wine shelves, where you found the liqueur and the gin bottle. Place the bottle of Bourgogne next to the bottle of Bordeaux. Place the bottle of Touraine next to the bottle of Bourgogne. Place the bottle of Spain wine next to the bottle of Touraine. Place the bottle of liqueur in the last open position, to reveal a descending shelf and an ascending slider puzzle. Oh no! Not again! Exit the puzzle immediately and save your game ...this slider is timed. But don't panic, you'll have plenty of time.

Again this "five minute" slider is quite easily solved (so the solution is not published here) and the timer in the sequence extends for a considerable period. The slider puzzle is only the first in a series of prolonged conundrums. When you have solved the slider, the puzzle will shift away revealing a large silver button. Push it. You will hear a click from somewhere in the room. Turn left, go forward once and face the wall. Click on it to enter another room. By its appearance its an old laboratory.

Good luck! luck

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 02:49 AM

thanksset all the bottles and the puzzle came up backed up and saved game. scared i don't under stand what to do now? there are 9 squares #1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .do i just click on them like 3,2,1, 4,7,8,5,2,1,4.thats what it said in the 1st part. headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 03:33 AM

Click to reveal..
Number the tiles from left to right; top to bottom. The one in the top left corner should be number 1; the one in the bottom right corner should be number 9. Slide the tiles in the following order:

3, 2, 1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 6, 5, 2, 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 6, 5 ,4 ,7, 8, 5

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 04:52 AM

thank you for the info , so i have to slide the tiles in the order of the numbers showed .right ? headscratch ok this puzzle is timed right ,when is this part untimed ? crazy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 04:09 PM

The UHS hints say this:

Quote:
Make sure you begin this solution immediately after you've reset the puzzle. To reset the puzzle, back away from the puzzle, then move into the close-up view again. If you make a mistake partway through the solution, you may need to reset the puzzle and start again from the beginning.

Number the tiles from left to right; top to bottom. The one in the top left corner should be number 1; the one in the bottom right corner should be number 9. Slide the tiles in the following order:

3, 2, 1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 6, 5, 2, 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 6, 5 ,4 ,7, 8, 5

Witchen's walkthrough says that you have about 5 minutes in which to do it. That should be plenty of time if you click on the numbers in the order shown.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 05:21 PM

thank you ,that was just like a piece of cake. dance now in the lab is the timed part over? headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 05:30 PM

It looks like the timer ends after you have done the slider puzzle - at least for now. There may be other timed sequences later on, but I haven't looked at the rest of the walkthrough to find out. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 06:58 PM

thank you. dance

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 07:04 PM

Good luck! happydance12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 07:32 PM

i have the 2 keys,game saved.as the enigma is not over and i'm still being timed.now the drawer puzzle -when i finish and get the nice statue is the timed part done ? headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 07:52 PM

Sorry, the walkthrough I am looking at is now clear as to when you are no longer timed. It says this:

Quote:
When you've solved the slider, you'll find another KEY. Take the key back to the parlor (where the lion head is) and use the key on the large cabinet standing left of the fireplace in the corner of the room. Remove the fake SCEPTER from the cabinet.

Return to the hallway and turn slowly to rest your eyes on the "fake statue" at the end of the hallway. You've got a couple of scepters now in your inventory that might look quite charming as an addition to that statue. Use them both now!

Maybe the timer doesn't end until you get to level 3, which begins right after the end of this.

And looking ahead at the walkthrough, there is at least one more timed sequence later on in the game.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 08:20 PM

level 3 thats where i 'm i just got the 3rd key and oil flask.i just used 1 of the 3 keys to unlock door.the next puzzle is the drawer puzzle.just before "the storage room"..i have this saved.dose this help ?

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 08:40 PM

It sounds like some parts are timed and others are not.

Quote:
Note: You might want to continue saving your game, as the "enigma" is not over and you are still being timed. By this time, you are almost surely using the second torch from your inventory.

Before you start investigating this room, though, you have some unfinished business with that desk on the end wall in the laboratory. Turn around and go back to the desk. Save your game... "or you'll be dead." The scroll from the center table will assist you with the solution to the drawer puzzle.

The Drawer Puzzle:

Now that you have both necessary keys, you are able to get a new closer look at that drawer in the desk. Insert your remaining two keys in the appropriate keyholes. The key with the symbol that looks like a G goes in the right side keyhole. The key with the sort of half-moon symbol goes in the left keyhole. Push the outer turn arrow on each lock once. Then press the "turn" indicator. The drawer will open and, in a cutscene, Sherlock will extract another "nice" statue. Whew, you didn't get blown up......yet!

Save the game frequently, is the best advice I can give.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 08:46 PM

thank you I will. crazy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/18/17 10:45 PM

Have fun. grin12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 12:03 AM

i keep getting blown up. , what do I do now ? hardwall please send help soon. crazy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 12:53 AM

Is this while you are trying to do the drawer puzzle? Or before or after that?

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 01:36 AM

just after i press the turn indicator.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 01:43 AM

The Adventure Lantern walkthrough says this:

Quote:
Now that you have both of the keys, take another look at the desk where you found the notes and the books. There is a locked drawer. Click on the hotspot to take a closer look. Put the key with a G inscribed on it into the slot to the right. Click on the key with a C inscribed on it into the slot to the left. Click on the arrow pointing clockwise on the right side. Click on the arrow pointing counter-clockwise on the left side. Finally, click on the turn button. Sherlock will open the drawer and find a statuette. Click on the document inside the drawer.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 02:39 AM

I will try again .

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 02:48 AM

Good luck. If you are doing this part correctly and are still getting blown up, then maybe try restoring a game from an earlier save and playing through it again.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 02:56 AM

thanks i tried again with new torch and it worked great , but i went back to the storage room i need to pick up oil flask but as i go on into the room i die.what gives ?? hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 03:10 AM

Read all of the hints on this page. If you follow along with all of those, it should tell you everything you need to know.

This should also be helpful.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 03:24 AM

as i got into the storage room i need to get oil flask,but i don't see the pinpoint of light . insane well i don't know how i did it but in the storage room with 5 standing urns on the stone floor.I guess that i'm on the right track ?? headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 03:55 PM

It sounds like you are making progress. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 06:19 PM

yes but I don't have the matches,I put all the other in the right urns ,but i need to go back and get the matches,where do i go to get them ? headscratch send help soon-please .is it because i used them to get the 2nd torch ?? i have 2 torches but no matches . headscratch crazy please let me know what to do about this. hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 07:05 PM

It looks like you find the matches in the wine cellar when you begin level 3:

Quote:
Sherlock finds himself at the bottom of a long stairwell in a small, dark, wine cellar. With your back to the door go left along the wall to the stoned-in doorway at the end of the room. Turn left to the littered table top and remove the box of MATCHES from the upper left corner.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 07:12 PM

so i have to go back and restart at level 3 ? well I went back and restarted from level 3 have matches now ! so i have to redo from here . headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 07:27 PM

Save the game frequently and make use of the hints/tips that I linked to above about how to conserve your light resources. And there's also plenty of help about level 3 in general. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 07:52 PM

yes your right ,I just wish there was more than 6 save spots..

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 08:06 PM

I agree that a game (particularly games like this one) should have more save slots than that.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 10:10 PM

yeah, restarted got the matched & water flask but can't get hammer ? hardwall stuck..help ! help insane

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 11:02 PM

The hammer is also in the wine cellar.

Quote:
Swing to the left and pick up the sleeping cot to see a trap door beneath it. Sherlock remarks, "Someone has been sleeping here." Maybe the mummy? Naw. Click on the trap door. No surprise, you'll need something to open it. Turn to your left and go along between the wine casks to the opposite wall. Look down left and pick up a HAMMER.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 11:30 PM

no can find nada nothing at all..and i think time is running out.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/19/17 11:32 PM

We probably need to go further back in the walkthrough so you can get a better sense of where it is located:

Quote:
Sherlock finds himself at the bottom of a long stairwell in a small, dark, wine cellar. With your back to the door go left along the wall to the stoned-in doorway at the end of the room. Turn left to the littered table top and remove the box of MATCHES from the upper left corner. Examine the remnants on the dinner plate to hear Sherlock exclaim, "Someone had dinner here a few hours ago." Take the WATER FLASK to the right of the dinner plate.

Swing to the left and pick up the sleeping cot to see a trap door beneath it. Sherlock remarks, "Someone has been sleeping here." Maybe the mummy? Naw. Click on the trap door. No surprise, you'll need something to open it. Turn to your left and go along between the wine casks to the opposite wall. Look down left and pick up a HAMMER.

I would be surprised if the walkthrough was wrong about where the hammer is located.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 12:14 AM

thank you ,something is odd,i have the matches also the water flask and when i click on sleeping cot the trap door is opened.so i think i have already used the hammer .now what ? very odd huh.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 12:17 AM

According to the walkthrough, on level 3 you:
Quote:
Use your hammer to break open the lid and extract a small Anubis STATUE

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 12:35 AM

i have the anubis statue,odd huh.now what ??

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 12:38 AM

No, it is not odd, as I believe you did this part before.

My advice is to just follow the hints and tips I linked you to above. I haven't played the game myself so it's hard to give useful advice about it apart from reading the walkthrough.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 12:52 AM

so i should continue on walking down wall to wine storage racks and try to get bottle of liqueur and hidden gin bottle ? snicker

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 02:04 AM

Only if you don't have them already. lol12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 02:59 AM

well i think i did ,the last place i was at was at the 5 standing urns i had every one but i didn't have the matches.so i have matches now .

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 03:11 AM

That sounds right. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 03:24 AM

well I went back and used the matches alls good did the puzzle and got the 3rd anubis statue and the Brahman symbol .so i saved it here.now off to find the 4th statue. joy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 03:45 AM

I knew you could do it. bravo12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 04:17 AM

thank you , i guess i'm like a dog with a bone . devilchili

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 04:05 PM

puppy grin12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 06:43 PM

i'm back again, in the rotating room is this timed ? headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 06:47 PM

The walkthrough doesn't say that it is timed.

Looking ahead, though, I see that there is at least one more timed sequence a little further into the game.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 06:58 PM

thanks

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 07:17 PM

in the rotating room got 4th statue left the room went to storage room to put the "b"in the center urn but before i could do that i died.??? what gives crazy headscratch hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 08:27 PM

I have no idea.

The walkthrough says this:

Click to reveal..
Practice moving about the room with your cursor. In order to accomplish this and to reach the statues, you'll generally need to go forward to the center and then turn in the direction you wish to go. You want to reach all four statues. That's the bottom line. When you have done this you will hear a click that indicates the opening of a panel in the floor over near the door where you came in. Pick up a fourth Anubis statue in the niche you will see there. Be sure to check out the riddle on the door to the right and rear of the room. Read the riddle, in close up.

(Note: While you are moving around the room, you may notice chains on the left wall and a large metal ring in the center of the ceiling. Don't worry about it now, but its an intriguing arrangement, right?)

Leave the rotating room and go back across the lab to the storage room. Use the "B" Brahman seal from your inventory on the center urn standing on the floor. The seal will disappear into the urn and Sherlock will comment that Brahman may be the key to the mystery. Brahman means "truth."

Go back to the rotating room. Just inside the door, turn and click toward the center of the room. Turn and click forward to the center of the room three more times (4 total). Next, click between the two appropriate statues while having the far door which you wish to open behind you. You will then be able to access the far door and, in close up, read the sign:

It's better than God.

It's worse than the devil

Poor get plenty
Rich people need it

If you eat it, you die.

This riddle may have lost a bit in the translation to English, but the answer is "truth" (Brahman) or "nothing." Nothing makes a lot more sense in the context of the riddle.

You've already sequestered the Brahman seal, so back out of the close up and click on the door latch to open it.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 08:59 PM

yes I have done all that.i will go back to my last save and try again.ok back in rotating room the panel with the statue in it opens up but i can't pick it up ,this is the 4th one.any thought on this? in fact there is no statue in it as I go around to see what I can do I DIE.have to start over . looks like this is timed.now what ? hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 09:30 PM

Maybe a level-3 video walkthrough will help.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 09:47 PM

thank for the info.it's nap time this has worn me out. sleep12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/20/17 10:15 PM

I know how you feel. eek12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/21/17 01:11 AM

restarted @ the storage room and went in to the rotating room but at the point just befor the treasure room i die. yikes.now what ? i didn't think it was timed ,at the door i read the sign on door but as i pull back and try to open the door i die. please send help soon. hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/21/17 01:17 AM

Have you watched the video walkthrough? That might clarify things.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/21/17 01:21 AM

i did but i just keeping on dying . if you read my last post does that make sense ? hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/21/17 01:37 AM

This seems to be the key part in terms of opening that door:

Quote:
Go back to the rotating room. Just inside the door, turn and click toward the center of the room. Turn and click forward to the center of the room three more times (4 total). Next, click between the two appropriate statues while having the far door which you wish to open behind you. You will then be able to access the far door...

Are you sure you are clicking between the correct two statues while having the far door which you wish to open behind you?

By the way, I have to go out for a while this evening, so if I am not back until tomorrow, that will be the reason. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/21/17 01:43 AM

have a good one . wave2 see ya when U get back. christmas

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/21/17 03:17 PM

Thank you and christmas to you too.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 02:14 AM

hope you made it back safe , i just wanted to check with you 1st before i do any thing stooped ,all my saved games are timed ! but i almost made it to level 4 but i just keep dying , my thought is to just start the game over what do you think ? think

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 02:21 AM

If it were me, I would probably just go back to the beginning of level 3 and replay from there. I don't think it's necessary to repeat anything before that.

I don't think you are doing anything stupid - I think this is a difficult game. And all of the timed sequences make it even more difficult. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 02:57 AM

that's the problem , i don't have any save around the start of level 3 . headscratch the only one I have is in the rotating room and that is timed.and when i got done every place i go is timed . hardwall i checked utube part 3 and it shows no timed part in the rotating room or the next one - the treasure room antechamber.that's the problem every place i go is timed . crazy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 03:49 PM

I wish I knew of a place where you could get saved games for this game, but unfortunately I don't know of any.

It's hard to tell at times when the timer begins and ends, too. Sometimes dying in the game may just be the result of having missed a step somewhere rather than a timer having run out, although I don't know for sure.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 06:58 PM

thanks for getting back to me on this, crazy if i start over like new game ,with only 6 save spots what would be the best was to save as i go along in the game ? woozy12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 07:18 PM

For now I would try to have a save near the beginning of each level and/or also try to save when the game isn't timed. And once you get to level 3, for example, then you could probably save over saved games from level one without messing up saved games needed going forward.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 07:34 PM

thank you so much.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 08:04 PM

You are welcome, although I don't think I have been of much help at all with this game. At least I can provide moral support, right? lol12
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 08:44 PM

The moral support always helps me!

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 09:27 PM

thanks guys.just befor level 2 i got a message said game shutting down ,so i had to go back and restart ,so now i had to save just befor this spot.???odd. headscratch well all is well, made it to level 2 I don't think there is any hard time sequence in this level. monky wave2

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/22/17 10:31 PM

I believe that with Windows 7 (this is what I read on the Steam forum, anyway), the game can crash when you are going from one level to another. I have read that hitting the space bar and skipping the cutscene will help bypass this problem.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/23/17 03:47 AM

thanks , got back to level 3 I don't think that there is any bad timed sequence in this part.if U think of 1 please let me know ok.thanks. joy2

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/23/17 04:57 PM

Glad you made it back to level 3 - be sure to keep the save that you have for that.

There are some timed sequences on level 3 - I suggest looking at the walkthrough to see exactly when and where they occur, if they worry you. I do remember that one is during a slider puzzle. luck

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/23/17 08:35 PM

well at the rotating room need to get in to the treasure room but when i click on it it don't open and it is timed. headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/23/17 08:47 PM

You had that problem before, as I recall.

Read about the Rotating Room here and see if there is some little step that you might be missing.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/23/17 08:55 PM

well i went back in game to the 1st slider puzzle and restart from there . your right i did have a problem , i think i'm just going to fast .need to slow down some and read more . thanks wave2 what do U think ? it can't hurt ??? insane

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/23/17 09:07 PM

That sounds like a good idea, definitely. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/24/17 01:42 AM

well just about to go in to the rotating room is it timed ?in the storage room now and that is timed,just did the puzzle and got the 3rd statue .when i get in the rotating room will it be timed ? i don't think it is . headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/24/17 02:10 AM

I found a map of the rotating room here.

If you get through this section and the door you want to go through is locked, check out this page - it explains what you need to do.

The walkthrough for level 3 should tell you about what parts, if any, are timed.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/24/17 04:40 AM

+yikes I just got lost , so i just saved my game in the laboratory ,all i got in inventory is ribbon-piece of bandage ,torch, 1 statue ,oil lamp ,empty bottle,and 2 keys for the desk.what do i do now? oh i don't have the :brahman symbol. I kinda hate to restart level 3 over again.but I don't know what to do.any thoughts on this ???? hardwall insane christmas

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/24/17 03:50 PM

I would read over what you are supposed to do in the laboratory, which you can find here. See if there is something there that you haven't done already. You could also read over the part prior to that about the wine cellar, if needed. It's possible that you will find that you don't need to restart level 3, but I can't know this for sure. santa

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/24/17 05:53 PM

thanks,finding things in the laboratory don't have to be in order ? if not I will give it a try. i have a save at the 5 min slider puzzle it's timed but easy after that i go into the lab.i don't see that the lab is timed.you think i should try this ? headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/24/17 06:16 PM

It looks like some of it is timed - just save often, saving over an old save that you no longer need. You also need to make sure that you have a torch lit before you go into the lab. I found this information from an old thread about the game:

Quote:
You need to assemble/light a torch before going into the lab until you can work out a way to get an independent light source going in the lab area. The timer bar on the right will appear and gradually burn down as the torch does similarly.

It would be nice if you didn't have to restart level 3 from the beginning, but make sure to keep a saved game at the beginning of the level in case you need to do that.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/24/17 06:31 PM

thanks.in the storage room now after i put all the stuff in the urns all i have to do now is the puzzle -s v k b.right ? got in to the rotating room used the brahman seal went back in the rotating room went to the door and read the sign but at the same time i die .and this isn't the 1st time.so i can't get into the treasure room now what do i need to do to get into the antechamber ? hardwall crazy please send help soon. smashpc I did see when i went to youtube part 3 that none of the rooms i was in was timed ? what gives ??? looks like i keep draging the time sequence with me through this game.... hardwall christmas holidays santadance

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/26/17 06:14 PM

I am going to copy and paste a large portion of another level-3 walkthrough that I found. Look it over and see if you have done these things in the following order.

Quote:
GO OVER TO THE DOOR.

S
V
K
-- END PUZZLE --

Grab the statuette of Anubis from under the flame urn.

Leave the room.

[LAB]
Enter the door to the right of the desk.

[ROTATING ROOM]
Click in the center of the room until you can reach two of the statues.

Click on the statues and then click in the center of the room until you get to
the other side.

Click on those statues. Once you have reached all four statues, a panel will
pop open, revealing yet another Anubis statuette.

Click towards the center of the room until you actually are at the center of
the room. Then click between the two statues that are parallel to the door you
came through (they'd be to your left when you entered the room).

Turn around and read the gold plate.

It is better than God
It is worse than the Devil
Poors get plenty
Rich need it
If we eat it we die
What is it?

The answer, of course, is "nothing."

Leave the room.

[LAB]
Enter the Storage Room.

[STORAGE ROOM]
Use the Brahman seal on the middle urn (the one with "nothing" on it).

Leave the room.

[LAB]
SAVE YOUR GAME!

Go back to the Rotating Room.

[ROTATING ROOM]
Make your way back to the door with the gold plate and go in.

About the fact that you seem to keep "dying" in the game for no reason - here is a quote from another player:

Quote:
The only instance where I can think of a Game Over in this part for no reason is when your torch burns out.

Also, try reading through this old thread from GameBoomers. It just might help answer some questions you have and clear up some confusion. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/27/17 06:47 PM

thank you so much , I messed up and now have to restart level 3 over again,so thats where I'm now .starting in the wine cellar. 1 thing i for got before is at the end of a level to hit the space bar . headscratch crazy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/27/17 07:04 PM

Good luck! You are very persistent. Don't let your torch burn out. thumbsup12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/27/17 07:56 PM

thanks yeah to torch ! anything else you can think of ? crazy urock

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/27/17 07:58 PM

Try to stay calm and save your game when it seems prudent to do so. That's all I can think of at the moment. grin12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/27/17 08:18 PM

thanks I see that after I get into the rotating room the timed sequence is over. wave2

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/29/17 12:15 AM

Good to know. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/29/17 03:47 AM

well now in the treasure room antechamber,i have spent over a hour trying to get just 1 liter of water in the small vial.please send help soon. hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/29/17 04:13 AM

Here's what the walkthrough says about it:

Quote:
Save your game!

Off to your right you'll find a large half cask filled with water. And, to the left of it, a crude scale that looks like a black stool. Click on it to hear Sherlock proclaim that its a "balance." the charter here is to put four liters of water on that scale.

Water Puzzle Solution:

Take the little bucket. Fill it with water. Pour it in the big bucket. Click on the vials at the left side of your screen to put the little bucket down. You should now have 1 liter of water in the small vial (bucket) and 6 liters in the big vial (bucket). Pick up the big bucket and dump its contents on the floor; dark spot between the half cask and the scale. Put the big bucket down. Pick up the small bucket and dump the 1 liter into the big bucket (watch the vials). Then, fill the little bucket once and put it in the big bucket. You should have exactly 4 liters! Success, you clever sleuth! Put the little bucket down. Pick up the big bucket and put it on the scale. In a cutscene a Chess board will immerge from an alcove in the center of the dirt floor.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/29/17 05:34 AM

yikes crazy still can't get it - i get mixed up with " small vial " (bucket) still can't 1 liter of water hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/29/17 03:17 PM

Here's another description of the same thing:

Quote:
Turn right and walk up to the water tub and the two buckets. Click on the tub to start the puzzle. You have a five liter bucket and a three liter bucket. The goal is to fill the five liter bucket with four liters of water and put it on the rock to the left of the tub. You can use the following solution:
- Fill your three liter bucket with water. Empty it into the five liter bucket.
- Fill your three liter bucket with water again. Now transfer as much water as possible to the five liter bucket.
- This will leave five liters of water in the large bucket and one liter of water in the small bucket.
- Empty your five liter bucket by using the drain on the right.
- Transfer the one liter of water from the three liter bucket to the five liter bucket.
- Fill your three liter bucket from the tub one last time.
- Transfer the three liters of water from the small bucket to the large bucket.
- Now the large bucket has four liters of water. Put it on top of the rock to the right.

Turn around and look at the newly raised pedestal.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/29/17 06:49 PM

thanks , but i don't see a drain on the right to empty the 5 liter bucket ? headscratch is that the 1 right of the scale !

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/29/17 07:01 PM

Scroll down this page here until you are at the end of part 3 - there is a photograph that marks where the drain is, etc.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/30/17 12:22 AM

thanks with your help i got through that part , now at the chess puzzle.that's were i just saved it.i gota take a break.nap time. dance

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/30/17 12:43 AM

Good to hear you are moving along. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/30/17 06:54 PM

back again,at level 4 -scorpion puzzle -timed sequence :when does this end ? headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/30/17 07:05 PM

Looking at two different walkthroughs, it's not crystal clear to me as to when the timer runs out, whether it's after taking care of the scorpion or at the end of this section, when you end up in the destroyed wine cellar. Either way, just make sure you have a save or two at reasonable intervals.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/31/17 12:59 AM

thank you for the advice on saveing game . devilchili

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/31/17 01:38 AM

And you've made it to level 4. thumbsup12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/31/17 04:34 AM

well started the scorpion puzzle .yikes you have to move fast , well now in the destroyed wine cellar. joy

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 12/31/17 02:42 PM

Good for you! bravo12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/02/18 03:29 AM

now at the shield word puzzle ,did it now backed out and clicked on the open window on wall ,if I go out in the hall can I save game ? headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/02/18 03:45 PM

You could certainly give it a try and see if it works. wave12

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/03/18 12:44 AM

thanksworked great , now in level 5 joy off and running now . lab

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/03/18 01:03 AM

Great news! dance

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/03/18 08:20 PM

stuck on the japanese tile puzzle, crazy the walkthrough said to bypass : click & drag inside the brackets [ ] where are these brackets at ? can't see um. hardwall

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/03/18 09:11 PM

If you click and drag on the walkthrough page itself, inside the brackets, it reveals the following spoiler about how to bypass the puzzle:

Quote:
Japanese Tile Puzzle Bypass: Click several times in the upper right corner of the screen. That is, not the puzzle itself, but the full game screen. Then, put two or three tiles into the puzzle picture, anywhere. The puzzle will solve itself, and you should find something in a niche behind it.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 12:01 AM

thanks ,but when i finished the puzzle nothing happend ???

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 12:20 AM

I don't know why it didn't work - maybe try doing it again? Not having the game, I am not able to test the puzzle bypass for myself.

Elsewhere online I found this advice:

Quote:
There is one cheat built into the game, though--if you find yourself frustrated with the black and white grid puzzle (otherwise known as the "nonogram," "Conceptis," or "Japanese tile puzzle,") you can give yourself a hint or even opt out of it completely by clicking in the upper right-hand corner. This causes a large section of the puzzle to be automatically filled in for you. Do it enough times in a row, and eventually only one tile will be left for you to put into place yourself.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 02:00 AM

cool this time it worked got the lever now on my way to the mummy case.. joy dance

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 02:43 AM

That's good news. wave

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 03:36 AM

cool now in the treacherous lab,is the bomb puzzle timed ? i have it saved here . headscratch

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 03:58 PM

The walkthrough says to save your game right after you enter the study, so it probably is. It sounds like a relatively short sequence, though. Once you get through this section of the game you end up in level 5, and the walkthrough says to save your game right at the beginning of that too.

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 07:29 PM

thanksthe end is very easy to do,cool game .finished . thumbsup devilchili joynow on to another easy game . wave2

Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES Mystery of the Mummy - 01/04/18 08:23 PM

Congratulations on finishing, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community