GB HOMEPAGE

Xing

Posted By: Laurie

Xing - 01/09/18 09:28 PM

I have just purchased this game and it looks lovely but I cannot get started the only walkthrough I can find is in Dutch and not one in English can anyone help. Pleeeeease!!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Xian - 01/09/18 09:59 PM

I am not sure which game you are talking about - when I google a Xian game, the only thing that comes up is a Tomb Raider game. Where did you buy the game? Could you provide a link?

Re: Xian - 01/09/18 10:40 PM

I bought this game from steam,it is a truly beautiful game and has just been released the graphics are wonderful ,but I need a walkthrough (thicky me !!) hope someone can help.

Sorry the name of the game is xing

Re: Xian - 01/09/18 11:10 PM

Apart from your Dutch walkthrough, I am only finding video walkthroughs.

You should be able to run the Dutch walkthrough through a translator, though, and that way you will be able to use it.
Posted By: Lion_1251

Re: Xian - 01/10/18 09:57 AM

Hi Laurie,

It is true Xing is a very beautifull game.

Marinus_Louis and I made that walkthrough, it contains a lat of screenshot and most of the time is that already enough.

some puzzles are more difficult and you need the text, try to translate that with google translate.

If you can't figured it out send me an email and I will try to make that part in english.

You can also ask Marinus_Louis.

Have much fun with this game because it's very beautifull

Lion_1251
Posted By: Marinus_Louis

Re: Xian - 01/10/18 11:36 AM

Hi Lauri

If you are referring to the Xing walkthrough on my site at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl, then this is indeed the Xing walkthrough made by Lion_1251 and myself. Lion_1251 has done de text and I did all of the screenshots while playing the game according to the text from Lion_1251.

There are about 1600 screenshots in this walkthrough and I have made them in such a way that I think that anyone who not understand Dutch can play the game if they just follow the screenshots.

I'm currently struggling my way through Syberia 3, trying to do the screenshots for the Syberia 3 walkthrough, and this game isn't very cooperative for me as a walkthrough maker. In fact it's a hopeless game to do a good walkthrough for. But I'm struggling through it. But if you having trouble to translate pieces of the Xing walkthrough into English, through Google Translate, then indeed...don't hesitate to ask me or Lion_1251 for help. My e-mailadres isn't a big secret, it is on my site, just like Dick's emailadres. Just click there on our name to sent us an email

Marinus_Louis

Re: Xian - 01/11/18 04:23 PM

It is ‘thickey ‘ me again I still need help with Xing how do I do a Google translation? you can tell I am NOT computer literate but who of the older generation is ??? Lol.
Many thanks
Laurie

Re: Xian - 01/11/18 04:51 PM

There are some instructions here.

Re: Xian - 01/11/18 05:30 PM

Hi Marian,thank you so much for your help I will have fun and games with this but hope it is successful.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 01/11/18 05:32 PM

I hope you enjoy it, Laurie. Good luck. smile
Posted By: Drummerboy

Re: Xian - 01/11/18 07:53 PM

The walkthrough is phenomenal! thank you Louis and Lion_1251! I found an additional method to keep the pictures in line with all of the text:

Right click on the walkthrough page and select "View Page Info." At the top you will see "Title: Xing," and "Address: http://www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl/Walkthroughs/2017/Xing_The_Land_Byond/xing_index.htm" Copy this address, without the quotes, and paste it into Google Translate's left-hand side. The translated link will appear in the right-hand side in the language of your choice. Click on this link and Louis' and Lion_1251's walkthrough will appear. Amazing.

Clicking on each of the chapter links at the bottom of the walkthrough should keep the translation and formatting going. This works with all the walkthroughs I've tried so far.

Laurie-or anyone-if you have any questions, I would be happy to assist! Cheers.

Re: Xian - 01/11/18 08:00 PM

Thanks very much for that information, Drummerboy. wave

Re: Xian - 01/11/18 08:24 PM

Laurie and Drummerboy

Laurie, I hope that you understand Drummerboy's explanation.

Drummerboy you are very smart to figure out the best way to use Google Translate....Let the royalties make my bankaccount bigger.....

I'm not to happy with how this on-line translation works....So I hope that you all can follow the walkthrough in this way. I wish that there were 48 hours in a day, so I had the time to do a full English translation of our Dutch Xing walkthrough myself. Perhaps I'll take a shot at it when I'm finished with the Syberia 3 walkthrough

Marinus_Louis

Re: Xian - 01/12/18 12:29 PM

Hi Marinus_Louis, I am trying drummerboys suggestion so fingers crossed it works. ( thank you so much drummer boy much appreciated ) I cannot wait to get on with the game many thanks once again.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 01/12/18 02:49 PM

I'm not happy with the way on-line translation works, so i did a quick English translation of the first bit of our Xing walkthrough into English. It's just a little test to see if I can produce a reasonable English text. I have post this translation in a new threat here on gameboomers, here in the hint section, and I have named this threat "Xing English translation of the Dutch walkthrough". I'm very much want to see your comments on this translation because I first want to know if it's any good and understandable before I get one with a full English translation of our Xing walkthrough

Marinus_Louis

Re: Xian - 01/12/18 05:02 PM

Hi Marinus_Louis, I cannot find your new thread have looked all over,obviously not hard enough can you help further please.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 01/12/18 05:21 PM

Right now, if you look at this forum's listings, it's two subject headings away from this one. You can find it here.

Re: Xian - 01/12/18 05:44 PM

:happy-danceI am a very happy chappie have got your walkthrough and will be playing tonight thank you thank you.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 01/13/18 08:27 PM

Hi Laurie,

Look at the site: www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl, on the startpage is a link to the first part of Xing with screenshot and it is in english.

Lion_1251

Re: Xian - 01/13/18 08:52 PM

Hi Lauri,

Make sure that you have activated the jump assit in the settings, in the beginning you don't need that very much but later in the game it makes your jumping easier.
In the later parts you have to jump very much.

Lion_1251

Re: Xian - 01/14/18 10:05 AM

Have been practising my ‘jumping and am now an expert!!!’

Laurie
Posted By: Drummerboy

Re: Xian - 01/15/18 03:58 PM

Hi Marinus_Louis. I agree with you that the online translation isn't perfect and nowhere near as good as your translation, but it's a start for those who don't want to scan video walkthroughs. Your English version translation is superb!

Although I appreciate the hard work that goes into a video walkthrough, I've always preferred text walkthroughs (with pictures even better!) They're easier to scan for that one answer or the whole adventure if need be. The images you've included are a huge bonus because I surely needed them for your Rhem I SE walkthrough as I got turned around several times and your screenshots pointed me in the right direction. A picture is worth a thousand words they say.

Please keep up the high standard that you've provided in the past as I will always be a devoted fan of walkthroughs from you and Gameboomers.

Re: Xian - 01/16/18 04:53 PM

Hi Drummerboy

Video walkthrough are a "crime" in my humble opinion. They go to fast for me and usualy they don't explain puzzles and how to solve them and often they skip large parts of the game, especialy in those speed run videos.

It's nice to read that you used my Rhem I SE walkthrough. I have also made a new walkthrough for Rhem IV SE and waiting for Rhem II SE and Rhem III SE to do new walkthrough for those two when I can get them. And eventualy we all hope for Rhem V. Knutt Mueler is a logical genius and he realy had me stumped at times in his Rhem games, and, may I say, there aren't many developers who can do that.

The English translation of Xing is slowly,but surely, progressing and I have just uploaded a new bit to my site. Lion_1251 (Dick Leeuw) goes faster then I do with the translation, but I also have to set everything to HTML and put all of the screenshots in it. And at the same time I'm also working on the Dutch Syberia 3 walkthrough and our dear Kate Walker is at times not very helpfull. But I'm sure we're getting it all done

Have lots of fun with Xing The Lands Beyond, it's a great and fun game to play

Marinus_Louis

Re: Xian - 01/30/18 07:15 PM

You are right drummer boy,Louis’s walkthrough is great I have just finished the first part of the w/t and I am going on line to see if part two has been released (☺️ Fingers XX)
Louis you have done a great job I don’t know how many attempts I had playing the game until your w/t was available just waiting for the next episode.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 01/30/18 09:35 PM

Hi Laurie,

You can get busy because you will find on the website not only world 2 but also world 3 of Xing.
I have finished the translation of the text of the walkthrough of Xing.

Louis puts the text in HTML and place the screenshots in the walkthrough.

He's now busy with the walkthrough of Syberia 3 because he wants to finished it, he had some troubles to make the wright screenshos by my text.

I suppose that you have lots of fun playing Xing.

Have fun,

Lion_1251

Re: Xian - 01/30/18 10:34 PM

Lion you have made my day,cannot wait to get the rest of the w/t for this beautiful game wish everything in this world was as happy and peaceful as Zing (not being dead of course!!!)

Laurie

Re: Xian - 01/31/18 10:58 AM

Hi all

I'm sorry if the English Xing walkthrough takes a bit longer to complete then I thought it would be. I'm not seem to be able to shake of the flu. One day I feel fine but the next day I'm terrible again. Antibiotics don't do the trick, so I fight it the old fashion way.....lots of brandy and sweating in my bed.
But I have still managed to some work on the Xing walkthrough, so the first part of world 4 Desert of Naar is now available on my site at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl and I'm hoping to keep working on it the coming days.

I have also made an English version of the startpage of my site....just click there on the ENGLISH link. Lion_1251 (Dick Leeuw) and I also like to know if you all think that we are good enough to do more walkthroughs in English. Dick, Lion_1251, is thinking of doing an English walkthrough for the game The House of Da Vinci, but he needs some encouragement

Marinus_Louis
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Xian - 01/31/18 04:34 PM

Love your old-fashioned remedy! Antibiotics won't touch the flu because it's viral, not bacterial. Hope you feel better soon!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Xian - 01/31/18 04:55 PM

I think everybody here at Gameboomers will appreciate any and all of your walkthroughs, especially in English.

Be careful with that flu. Make sure you get yourself better!

Re: Xian - 02/01/18 03:55 PM

Hi Louis,hope you are feeling a lot better it will take time but you will get there and look forward to the Spring. I love your walkthrough and no doubt so do many others,so keep posting them on gamboomers I see you have a ‘fan club’ already!!!! Your English and spelling are first class.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 02/01/18 03:58 PM

This goes for you too Lion_1251 keep up the good work.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 02/02/18 10:57 PM

Hi Louis and Lion, I did a silly thing and opted for restarting the level , eek, what a silly thing to do I have now had to start the game from the start, but I am half way through THANKS to your walkthrough so I am nearly where I finished part one, wish me luck.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 02/03/18 10:46 AM

Hi Laurie

Don't worry about it, this happens to me to in the game. You can start up to 3 new games in Xing, each with another animal. I did this and played al 3 through simultaneously. So when I did go wrong in one game I could go on with one of the other two without making the same mistake twice.

I'm almost done with Syberia 3. Just have to explane the last puzzle, the smoke signal puzzle, and then I can go on with the English Xing walkthrough.

Marinus_Louis

Re: Xian - 02/03/18 11:01 AM

Hi Laurie,

It happens to me also, I did the first game, of course with the lion and after finishing this game I started game 2 and 3 together.
Then I started to write the walkthrough, sometimes I had to go back with game 3 to play a part again.

I have started writing the walkthrough of The House of Da Vinci, it will be a walkthrough with both Dutch and English language between the screenshots.

Succes and have lots of fun with Xing.

Lion_1251

Re: Xian - 02/03/18 08:35 PM

Well I have reached part two of the walkthrough and managed to do a little on my own (clever me!!! ) but I am thoroughly enjoying this game thanks to you both.

Laurie

Re: Xian - 02/03/18 08:53 PM

I know it is a very nice game, I will play it again probably in a year or two. I know now the solution for the puzzles by heart.

Enjoy

Lion_1251

Re: Xian - 02/04/18 04:21 PM

So...Now I'm done with Syberia 3 I go straight on with the English Xing walkthrough. In fact I'm already buzzy with it again and have just finished part 1 of world 4 Desert of Naar. It's now on my site. So have fun with the turtles, the winds and the revolving glass doors.

Mariuns_Louis

Re: Xian - 02/07/18 07:45 PM

:once again I need help, I cannot get the five stone heads to rise,I have got four up but the fifth one eludes me what have I done wrong? I must have missed something unless I have not lit up enough fire baskets,but I thought I had any thoughts on the matter? Pleeeeese!!!

Re: Xian - 02/07/18 08:48 PM

I am not sure, but one of our Xing players should be able to give you some advice. wave

Re: Xian - 02/08/18 08:07 AM

Hi Lauri

I'm not replaying Xing at the moment because I'm still buzzy with the English translation. So I had to look this up in the walkthrough. From what you say I understand that you are in part two of the Itzali Point world, where you have to lit a number of fire scales to get 5 stone heads rising up from the water, but you do not get the 5th head up.

To get all 5 heads up, so you can hop to the rocky island where fire scale 8 is, you must lit the first 7 fire scales and it must be night and you'll need the stone statue from the chest. In daytime you can set 6 of the 7 fire scale on fire, but to reach the 7th scale, on the island were the chest is, it must be night because the two pillars to reach the chest island are moon pillars. In the chest you'll find a stone statue. You need to put that stone statue on the light scale, in nighttime, and all the 5 stone heads will be up, like a stairs, and you can hop over them to the rocky island to fire scale 8 to continue your way. Hope this helps

Mariuns_Louis

Zing. ..iztali point - 03/03/18 08:20 PM

I thought I had done everything to get to get through the second wooden fence I pick up all the items that I need but I cannot get the arrowhead am I in the right time of day (not nighttime) to achieve this? Hopefully someone can help me I certainly need it.
Fingers Xd

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/03/18 08:37 PM

Hi Laurie, I merged your question with your previous thread for this game. It's good if you can confine your questions to the original thread. It helps keep the forum tidy and we can follow along with your progress.

Hopefully someone will be along to help.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/03/18 08:56 PM

It would help if you could tell us what part of the game you are in so we can narrow it down. Are you still in Itzali?

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/03/18 09:01 PM

Yes, that's where she is in the game - Iztali Point.

Have you checked out the walkthrough here? It does talk about getting an arrowhead and how to go about it.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/03/18 09:50 PM

That's the walkthrough I was going to point her to also.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Xian - 03/04/18 05:38 AM

Laurie. I have Google Chrome. and in the "options" or "settings", you can choose to "AUTOMATICALLY" translate into your language, which I assume is ENGLISH. When I access the Dutch site, everything gets translated.
I hope this helps you. I read and print out Louis's and Dick's walkthroughs all the time. There are step by step instructions with every detail possible. HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

Re: Xian - 03/04/18 05:43 AM

That particular walkthrough is in English. These guys are going above and beyond for us who like our text walkthroughs! I use Firefox and have Google Translate as an add-on to translate their non-English walkthroughs.

Re: Xian - 03/04/18 10:30 AM

Thanks very much people for all your suggestions and help I will get that stubborn arrowhead by hook or by crook but I am thoroughly enjoying this game the graphics and also Lua’s voice are great so I shall plod on until I find this pesky arrowhead.
Thanks guys

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/04/18 10:47 AM

Hi Laurie,

I just saw that you can't find the arrowhead, is not that difficult.
From the scale where you need the arrowhead, go back over the stone bridge. go to the right throug the wooden fence.
Go to the stone arche, turn the beams in the water and walk to the island.
behind the stone wall is a chest, open the chest and there you find the arrowhead.

You can't go back, you have to walk further with the arrowhead, jump to the other side. Walk along the 4 fishhead to 2 firepits.
Lay down the arrowhead here and light a coconut to light the firepits, in moonlight you get steps in the water to go back to the scale where you need the arrowhead.

If you have any trouble with the game, let me know. Maybe i must adjust the walkthrough.

Succes with the game, happy gaming.

Lion_1251

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/04/18 12:32 PM

Hi Lauri and Lion_1251

I do not think that the Xing walkthrough needs to be adjusted at this point. The walkthrough is very detailed as it is now and I do not see what's the trouble with it. Perhaps I must clarify something about the way our walkthroughs are being made.......The walkthroughs are made in such a way that they give the player a "step by step" solution for everything that has to be done in the game. Therefore it is best to play the games all the way according the walkthroughs. The walkthroughs are not made to be only give certain hints and so is it with the Xing walkthrough also. My feeling is it that the walkthroughs, such as they are being made, guide the player through the game with hardly no difficulty, so I realy do not see the point of improving the Xing walkthrough any more. Let's us go on with making new walkthroughs for other games instead

Happy gaming

Marinus_Louis

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 03:42 AM

Laurie, I started a game and got the arrowhead right away. Are you still having problems? Let me know and I'll see if I can walk you through it.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 05:04 PM

Hi Draclvr, thank you so much for your interest I spent most of last evening trying to find this elusive arrowhead, I tried both day and night but to no avail, I must have missed doing something previously ,I can move the pathways in the water but not enough to get me to the island and the chest any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much
Laurie.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 06:13 PM

OK. You first must move the pathways NOT to reach the island, but to reach the pedestal in the middle of the water which you will use to then change the pathways to get you to the Island. I think the hint says you have to be in night in order to cross to the pedestal and then to the island.

Let me know if that helps - if not, I'll be more specific.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 07:16 PM

Thank you thank you,now I have to get back without dropping the arrowhead,thinks,thinks!!!

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 07:23 PM

Actually, you CAN drop the arrowhead over by the portal so you can light the two lantern thingies. Once you do, steps will show up and you can pick up the arrowhead and go across to drop the arrowhead in the correct place. That will allow you to retrieve another rune. Go back across and open the portal... hoo boy! Good luck on the next part! I'm still working on that one after two days and I've played the game before!

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 07:31 PM

But how do I get back over the water to be able to do what you suggest I am asking these questions because I have lost the page in the walkthrough that would explain this to me, a little clue is all I need!!!! I really do have a mind of my own ......promise.

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 07:48 PM

Assuming you are on the other side and have the arrowhead, have you raised all the fishheads? They are hungry according to the hint, so you will need to toss them some food. I'll TRY not to be too specific! This is only what the hint says!

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 08:15 PM

I do not get it and I'm getting a bit anoyed here......Lion_1251 and I have spent weeks to make a very detailed.....and I stress the words VERY DETAILED, walkthrough voor Xing the Land Beyond. A walkthrough that guide the player every step of the way through the game.. The walkthrough tels the player were and how to find that arrowhead and what to do with it. So if you lost that particulair page of the walkthrough I suggest that you go back to my site to download the walkthrough again and then use it step by step as you go through the game....The walkthrough tells it all.....

It's ok for anyone here to offer help by quoting bits and pieces from my walkthroughs, or Dick Leeuw's walkthroughs, but if you do so I would like to see an accurate quotation and the mention of our names and the url of my site, to give credit to us,the righfull makers of the walkthrough(s) and the site were they are published, in other words....I would like to see that you mention your source from witch you are quoting.

Marinus_Louis

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 09:36 PM

Marinus_Louis, for certain, if I quote anything from your walkthrough, I will be sure to give you guys credit as your text walkthroughs are wonderful. So far, I'm just providing a few hints for someone. And sometimes, that's what people prefer... just a hint. I try to avoid using walkthroughs if I can. But sometimes, I'm just too stuck and have to resort to one. As Laurie said, she does have a mind of her own and wants to figure it out herself if possible. Sometimes a little nudge is all that is needed.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 10:03 PM

You have hit the nail on the head, a little nudge is all that is needed if I need a push I will ask for that also because sometimes I do,but I had lost my way on this one,so I did need help.

Thank you
Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 10:06 PM

I'm checking in often as the weather is horrid here - not fit for man nor beast! Wind, rain, snow... yuck. Good day for gaming!

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 10:58 PM

Snap, it was the same here but the snow has just about gone and I think SPRING is just around the corner and the nights are getting lighter,,so I am happy and now I can concentrate on getting on with Zing.

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/06/18 11:04 PM

Have fun! The next part is a real challenge!

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/07/18 09:03 AM

Dear Lauri and Draclvr:

Maybe I over reacted a bit. I do understand when players, such as you, don't want to be guided every step of the way through a game by a walkthrough, but only want to be pointed in the right direction now and again. So here's that bit from our Xing walkthrough that tels you how to cross the water to get to the chest with the arrowhead in it.

Itzali Point: How to cross the water to get to the chest with the arrowhead

The hint of the last hint sphere has told you that "the sun must shine when you cross".....You must reach button 2 first in order to cross the water to the other side and to turn sun beams it must be daytime. To turn moon beams it must be nighttime but because it's now daytime we go turn the sun beams first. Press Button 1 twice (2 times) and the front sun beams are good. the picture below shows the start situation, not as it is after you pressed button 1 twice.

Turn around and descend to the "Day and Night disc" and stand on it to switch to nighttime. Climb up again to Button 1 and now press it 3 times to turn the moon beans in the right direction for button 2. 

Button 2 will turn the beams to make a path to the other side, but the hint sphere has told you that the sun should shine when you cross. 
So go stand onto the "Day and Night disc" to switch back to daytime. Now walk over the floating beams to button 2

The bar you are now standing on has a sun. Press Button 2 and the bar you are on turns around. Now you have made a path to the other side. So walk across the beams to the other side, 

There's a "Day and Night disc" and a Lua Tile. Read the Lua Tile. Right behind the "Day and Night disc" stands a chest Go to the chest and click on it to open the chest. An arrowhead comes out the chest. Grab the Arrowhead, it's for the light scale by the wooden fence, so you'll will carry the arrowhead with you now. 

You have to go back, with the arrowhead, to that closed fence by the fireplace, but you cannot go back over the beams in the water from this side because you can not turn the beams here. Go stand on the "Day and Night disc" now to switch to nighttime. When it night you'll see 2 stone moon pillars rising out of the water on the right. Walk there and jump, with the arrowhead in hand, over the two moon pillars t0 the other side. 

Slightly further on four stone fish rising out of the pond on the left and on the right you see a rock. You're now at the fish pond. Go around the rock to find another hint sphere that tells you that you have to feed the fish in the pond because there hungry

Feed the Fish:

You must lay the arrowhead onto the ground now and remember where you put it down. Coconuts are hanging from the palm tree here and you can also find coconuts on the ground. 

Take a coconut and walk to the jetty. Aim your coconut at the mouth of the front right fish press your right mouse button to throw the coconut into the mouth of the fish and the fish drops down.Get another coconut and throw it into the front left fish. Do this also with the other fish. Every time you have feed a fish, the fish sinks down and a pillar rises up out of the water. In order to reach the 2 fish in the rear, jump on the pillars that have already risen through the front fish in front.

When all 4 fish have disappeared under water, you can reach the other side by jumping the pillars, but don't do this now. 
On the other side you'll see the box with the quarter piece for the exit door in it, but you will get it later. Now you are going to bring the arrowhead to the light scale at the wooden fence first to score your fourth rune sign. Do you remember where you have put the arrowhead on the ground? Just leave the arrowhead there for just a little bit longer and walk on to the big exit door. Just before the exit door are 2 fire basket standing by the water. You must lighten up those 2 fire basket and then you can cross over to the other site of the water here. Go all the way back to where the "Day and Night disc" is.....it's still night. Find a coconut and put it on fire by one of the burning fire baskets here.

Take your burning coconut to the 2 fire basket at the exit door and light them up and.....when the 2 fire basket are burning, moon pillars rise up in the water. Throw your coconut away and go back to where you left the arrowhead. Pick up the arrowhead again to take it with you again. Back to the two fire baskets and now cross over to the other side. You have to jump the moon pillars while carrying the arrowhead. If you fall into the water you'll drown but immediately the game gives you another chance

When you have reached the other side of the water, then go over the stone bridge again to the area with the five light scales. 
Go to the light scale in frond of the wooden fence an place the arrowhead in it and....the wooden gate opens, so walk in and grab the Rune sign

Two more rune signs to score in this world. Go back to the big exit door bridge by crossing back over the stone bridge and then jumping back over the moon pillars and then walk back to the fishpond to the chest .

Now cross the fish pond by jumping the pillars and go to the chest. Click on the lock of the chest to open it and pick up the quarter piece that's coming out of it. Turn around and carry the quarter piece back to the exit door, so you have to jump the stone pillars in the fish pond again.....

Put the quarter piece into the light beam of the ring........the quarter piece is again sucked up and the door opens.Walk through the door and follow the path up to a staircase. To the left of the stairs you will find another hint sphere, so go read the message.

We continue in:
Iztali Point part 3:

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/07/18 04:11 PM

Thank you for that Lois I will look forward to resuming the game this evening and hope I get to Iztali Point part 3 , with your help I am sure I will, many thanks.

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/07/18 07:37 PM

Well Louis I have just one more fish to feed,it is proving to be a stubborn little fellow but I shall get there in the end, thank you again.

Laurie
Posted By: sanford

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/07/18 10:10 PM

Laurie,
Leave it to Louis to steer you in the right direction. Hiw walkthroughs are truly amazing.
Sandy

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/07/18 10:20 PM

Nice to meet you Sandy,have you played this game ? The graphics are lovely, yes I rely on Louis’s walkthrough and as I have said the fourth fish is proving very stubborn but I will get there.
Take care
Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 06:50 PM

Well I am hoping someone out in Gameboomer land can help me, I am in Iztali point and need to get the rune I have turned on all of the domes (I think!!)but Ineed to get across to a little island with the rune in a beam of light,but I cannot get across I assume once I have done this I will be able to open the door?? I realise the domes have to be turned on in sequence but for the life of me I cannot crack it,HELP

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 08:04 PM

hi Laurie,

i can and wll help you, i think you in the last part.

i have the english version of the walkthrough of Xing.

how do you want,i can copy this part and pase it to a word document but it will probally to big for an e-mail.

then i have to send it to you by wetransfer,

i can even send you the whole english walkthrough, that will also send by wetransfer. you can open this in your browser and see and read the whole walkthrough.

let me know what you want, i can alsu make a reply wih the solution of this part.

if you choose the last option then youhave yo wait a couple of days because at the moment i can use only my left hand. that is to big to typ at this moment.

just let me know

Lion_1251

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 08:21 PM

Hi Lion it is good to hear you are doing okay how do you manage with just one hand? But your offer of help is gratefully accepted,I think if it is okay with you I would like to see the full walkthrough so I don’t have to keep bothering you, but if that is not okay whatever you think would be best for me I would thank you for.

Cheers
Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 08:25 PM

I've been wondering how you are doing in Xing, Laurie! Don't know how much help I can be, but I have left my game at the point it was before just in case.

Thank you for your offer, Lion! You're the best!

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 08:53 PM

)Hi Draclvr,nice to hear from you again where did you leave Zing? Any help would be much appreciated, I am hoping that Lion comes up with something for me,fingers Xd.

cheers
Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 09:02 PM

I started the next part of Iztali Point where the clock hands are. Did you finish getting all the fish up and the arrowhead delivered?

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 09:15 PM

Yes I did thoroughly enjoyed that , and now I am trying to marry up all the clock hands , but , as usual I do not have a clue I try night and then I try day but it is alluding me , I have died thousands of times and I have lit up the domes so many times that I really don’t know where I am, thoroughly confused am I please perform a miracle if you can!!!

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 09:33 PM

This is the place where I said you were probably going to be every bit as confused as I was! Check your PMs.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 09:38 PM

I knew you would tell me to do something that I didn’t have a clue about................what is a pm? sorreee

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/15/18 09:40 PM

Sorry! At the top of the Gameboomer forums is a link that says "My Place." Click on it and one of the options will be "messages." There you will find your Private Messages!

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 11:36 AM

Hi Laurie,

The domes that you see there are in fact switches, with these you can selct how the hands are oriented.
You can see that in the domes, also you see when the are active. Night or day but they come active the next time you change to night of day depending of what you see in the dome.
The red dot on the edge of the dome correspond to the big door where you have to go to.

You can send a e-mail direckly to Louis and me, go to www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl and click on one of our names.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 01:16 PM

I have just received a e-mail from Marinus_Louis that he will put back the English walkthroughs on his site.
He said that he will try to get it done tomorrow, saturday.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 02:12 PM

Good to know Lion, I went on your site but when I clicked on your name only the Dutch language was seen,but I shall wait and see if Louis is successful and puts the English w/t on his site, I shall try and persevere with those dreaded clocks and hope I can move forward.

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 02:57 PM

Thank you for letting us know, Lion. It is appreciated.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 03:21 PM

Hi Laurie,

You have to go to all the domes and take notice which part of the day, you see a moon or a sun and which plateaus they connect.

Go to the website of Louis and go to the Dutch walkthrough of Xing, go to part 3 of world 1 there you find a drawing of this puzzle.

You can use that drawing, on there are the plateaus, the domes, the Day/Night disc and also where the big door is to leave Iztali Point.

You also see the domes: night or day and which plateaus they connect.

On plateau D is the rune sign that you need, the red point is the big door and remember it must be night when you go there otherwise that door doesn't open.

With this you can try to figure it out otherwise you have to wait.

Happy gaming.

Lion_1251

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 03:51 PM

And, Laurie, you can get the S3 Translate add-on for Firefox which will automatically translate for you. Or if you use Google Chrome browser, that will also use Google Translate to automatically translate for you. Then you won't have to wait.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 04:35 PM

Hi Lion, keep your fingers Xd that I succeed !!

Laurie

Well I am off to try and get this translator wish me luck,thank you.

Laurie

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 04:40 PM

Just holler at me if you need anything, Laurie!

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 05:23 PM

Laurie,

You don't have to wait any longer, the English walkthrough is already back on the website.

Go to www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl and click on English version, Xing, Roonsehv and Lighthouse are already complete.

The House of Da Vinci and Morpheus are work in progress.

Re: Zing. ..iztali point - 03/16/18 06:51 PM

My word you both move fast,thank you for letting me know Lion much appreciated,and also my thanks to you Louis.

Laurie
Posted By: rockingrjranch

Re: Xian - 03/17/18 03:09 AM

I just finished the game and it is truly beautiful. There is an excellent walkthrough on Steam. Sign up for the community hub and you will find it. It does not have all the achievements but it does get you thru the game. I used it a lot toward the end. So simply put, while you are in the game press shift/tab to take you to the community hub and then you can keep the walkthrough available while you are playing. Hope this helps.

Re: Xian - 03/17/18 04:20 AM

Thank you, rockingjranch! Glad you enjoyed the game as much as the rest of us. Is the walkthrough at Steam a video walkthrough? I seem to remember it was...

Re: Xian - 03/17/18 05:15 AM

You are correct Draclvr, it is a video walkthrough. smile

Re: Xian - 03/17/18 07:44 PM

I am trying and trying to get to the rune on the small plateau but I cannot get the clock pointers to point in the correct direction all I can think of is that have /have not done something I cannot even get down to the sun board in the water anybody have a hint for me pleeeeease it is driving me mad.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 03/17/18 07:54 PM

lol I am not laughing at you, Laurie! I am laughing at myself... I must have tried for 3 DAYS to get to that rune and all of a sudden something worked. I still have no idea what I did!

Let me go back and see if I can figure out what it was. All I know is that it was just the right combination of the pedestals and the time of day.

EDIT: One question... have you turned the platform in the water so you can go back and forth whenever you need to?

EDIT 2: OK.. the two domes you need to have activated are these...
Click to reveal..
the one down the stone stairs when you first enter this level and the one just across the platform in the water
You will need to have the hands going straight across from the initial area when you first enter this level to the platform on the other side. Activate the first one in the spoiler, go across the hands and across the platform in the water and activate the 2nd one in the spoiler. Then
Click to reveal..
go up the little path to the day/night circle and step on it two times. It will go from night to day and then from day back to night.
Walk across and get your rune!

Re: Xian - 03/17/18 08:22 PM

Thank you Draclvr that sounds good, I am watching tv at the moment but will have a go a bit later so fingers Xd.
Laurie

Re: Xian - 03/17/18 08:44 PM

The domes or pedestals only become active the next time you change to the time of day that is on the pedestall.

For exaple it is night and the pedestal you want to be active has a moon on, first click on the pedestal, step on the day and night disc to make it day.

Step off the disc and than step again on the disc to make it night again only then the pedestal becomes active.

You have to look closely to the pedestals to find out which parts they connect, the red dot on the outer ring is the big door where you leave this part of Iztali.

If you can't figured it out take a look on the drawing in the walkthrough, don't read the text only the drawing.

There you can find a way to solve this, you have to find a way to turn the beam in the water.

Good luck and I hope you still enjoy the game.

Lion_1251

Re: Xian - 03/18/18 11:35 AM

Hi Laurie,

I have one more hint you have to know to solve this puzzle.

If you click on a dome/pedestall you don't have to make it active right away by stepping on the day/night disc.
You can cross over to another part and step there on the day/night disc, in fact you have to do that sometimes to make the connection you want.
If you don't do it that way you can make the right connection but you are on a different part of the puzzle.

There are 3 important clues for this puzzle:
1 you have to turn the beam in the water, then you can go between 2 parts without the hands.
2 when to activate the dome after clicking on it, immediately or first cross over and then active the dome by stepping on the day/night disc.
3 it has to be night when you go to the big door to leave this part of Iztali point.

Succes
Lion

Re: Xian - 03/18/18 04:49 PM

I am going around in circles and I still cannot move the board in the water I think I have failed in this puzzle so will try again soon,thanks for all your help very much appreciated.
Laurie

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 05:12 PM

AHA! So, you don't have the board in the water turned yet then. So let's work on that first. Let me go back into my game and see if I can figure it out. I do know this much for sure...

Click to reveal..
You must position the hands to go straight across to the other side. Then you must position the hands to go from there to the platform on the right. When you get to the platform on the right, go down the little path on the right and activate the pedestal down by the water. Not sure what else after that as that will be what I need to figure out. What happens is the hands will then allow you to jump down to a place where you can turn the plank in the water.

I'll be back! OK... I figured it out and left my game at that point. I can tell you which two pedestals need to be activated etc., but will wait to hear back from you to see how much info you want me to give you.

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 06:31 PM

You must think I am as thick as a plank, in this case I am , usually I can sort myself out but this time I have a mental block what else can you suggest if anything,oh dear I feel stupid I bet it is simple and I will probably kick myself for being so dumb .

Laurie

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 07:14 PM

Hi Laurie,

This is the way to turn the beam.

Click to reveal..
[/spoiler]At the begin when you have pushed the button to raise the hands go back to the stone arch, make it daytime.
Click on bothpedestals, that is possible because they are active at different times.
Now make it night again, the hands are turning. Walk over the hands to the other side.
Walk to the top of the stairs and then left to the day/night disc. Make it daytime, you can now walk over the hands to the platform on the right.
On that platform walk through the stone arch and then turn right, walk to the water and click on the pedestal there.
walk back up and go to the day/night disc, make it night. Step of the disc and back on againto make it day again.
Now you can walk over the hands and jump on the beam in the water, walk through the waterfall and push the button.
The beam is now turned.
You can't walk back here so walk on and jump down, you are back at the day/night disc.[spoiler]

Succes

Lion

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 07:44 PM

Hi Lion, you are my knight in shining armour,thank you for getting me through that nightmare.

Laurie

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 08:07 PM

Laurie, sometimes my brain just refuses to allow me to figure something out. It's like I get a mental block. Glad Lion beat me to it for you! Thank you, Lion!

Once you have that board turned, you should be able to get to that rune!

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 08:20 PM

It took me quite a while to figure it out back in 2017 when I wrote the walkthrough.
I made a plan of all the platforms and the domes, a list of what the domes did connect. That on it self was hard to do.
The next thing was to find a way to get to the rune and from there to the big door in the night time.

Succes with the last part getting to the big door in the nighttime.

Lion

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 08:29 PM

Oh my word Lion, what have I to look forward to? Another nightmare!!!

Laurie

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 08:30 PM

Of course! I still haven't gotten the last part figured out. I haven't had to resort to the walkthrough yet, but I may be tempted before it's over!

Have you gotten the rune yet?

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 08:32 PM

Thank you Draclvr for your help too I think I may need it again if I read between Lions lines !!!

Laurie

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 09:04 PM

Now you have turned the beam it is not that difficult to get the rune and to the big door.

And you know what this was the easiest world, in the next world you will find a couple puzzles with drums and throwing with coconuts.

In world 3 and 4 more difficult puzzles, difficult but beautifull puzzles.

Then you get a part without puzzles and in the last world a couple puzzles and at last a very extended, difficult puzzle.

It is a very beautifull game, difficult but nice.

I will practice on give hints to you.

Lion

Re: Xing - 03/18/18 09:11 PM

Thank you Lion I will keep you to that!!!

Laurie
Posted By: teassoc

Re: Xing - 08/31/18 01:35 PM

I've been playing this game a while now. Had to use this walkthrough a lot: https://gameplay.tips/guides/1195-xing-the-land-beyond.html

I have found jumping and throwing a little bit tricky on my PC. Also it's often that obvious where you should go next. Not sure that's everyone's experience. Generally a quite difficult game compared to most I have played.

Still enjoyable and the graphics are lovely.

Re: Xing - 08/31/18 03:27 PM

Thank you for your thoughts on the game, teassoc. smile

Re: Xing - 08/31/18 04:37 PM

teassoc,
have you turned on the jumpassist, that's making jumping a lot easier.

there is another walkthrough in English with a lot of screenshots, you can find it at : www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl
click op the English section

Re: Xing - 09/16/18 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Lion_1251
teassoc,
have you turned on the jumpassist, that's making jumping a lot easier.

there is another walkthrough in English with a lot of screenshots, you can find it at : www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl
click op the English section

Thanks. I turned the jump assist on last night which makes the game quite a bit easier.

Re: Xing - 09/22/18 08:10 PM

I'm stuck in Naar trying to get the third rune. I believe I am pretty close.
I'm having trouble lowering the second disk in the big hall. Any suggestions?

Re: Xing - 09/22/18 09:19 PM

You have checked out the walkthrough link above, right?

Let's wait for another player to offer some advice.

Re: Xing - 09/22/18 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
You have checked out the walkthrough link above, right?

Let's wait for another player to offer some advice.

I'd been following another walkthrough but ended up making a mistake. So can't simply follow the walkthrough again.

I'll doublecheck Lion's walkthrough though.

Re: Xing - 09/23/18 10:30 AM

Where are you stuck? You are talking about the third rune in The Desert of Naar but that one is quiet easy, moving the columns around and jump to the platform on the other side.
I think you mean the fourth rune in the hall with the fans, the floating beams and the floting disks. You have to control the disks by throwing coconuts on the big drums.
You also have to look at the drums, some of them are turning after been hit by a coconut.
The beams and the disks can be raised and lowered by the drums, you have to find out which drum belongs to which beam or disk.

Re: Xing - 09/23/18 01:30 PM

It is the hall with the fans. I have found how to raise and lower all the beams and disks through combinations of switches and hitting drums, but not the middle disk. That's the one that I need help with.

Re: Xing - 09/23/18 04:25 PM

I remember this one took a LOT of trial and error.

Re: Xing - 09/23/18 04:49 PM

Stand on that disk and take the white ball of the pole next to the disk, stand with your face to the building and look left of the beam to the ground.
There is a drum, throw the white ball on the drum. Take the white ball again and throw it again on that same drum, now the disk in the middle will raise.
Also the beam on the right will raise, take the white ball again and walk to the third disk, step on that disk and throw the white ball on the drum on tour left side.
Now the third disk raises and you can go and collect the fourth rune.

You can read it in our English walkthrough on the site, you see 2 drawings. You find it after the second drawing.

Lion_1251 wave2

Re: Xing - 09/23/18 10:28 PM

Thanks Lion. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Re: Xing - 09/24/18 01:10 AM

Thank you, Lion!

Re: Xing - 09/28/18 10:32 PM

Finally managed to collect the fourth rune. The problem is that once you hit the drums and or turn the switches you can't just go back and try again. Now I need to try and find the third rune which I've missed somewhere.

Re: Xing - 09/28/18 11:17 PM

Glad to hear you made some progress. smile

Re: Xing - 09/29/18 01:26 PM

You can find the third rune in the square with the 2 platforms and the 2 fans on the large towers.
The fans must be working and then you can open the little door in the wall.

You find the third rune on platform on the right, you have to move the columns in order to get to that platform.

Enjoy the game,

Lion_1251 wave thumbsup

Re: Xing - 09/30/18 05:24 AM

If you purchased on Steam you can join the community hub and discussions. There are walkthroughs there. I believe they are posted on YouTube if I recall. You can access them through the web browser at the bottom of the discussion hub on Steam otherwise just google on YouTube. Hope this helps. It is an awesome game. I have played it several times and loved it each time. happydance

Re: Xing - 09/30/18 08:24 PM

Yes, I've spent a lot of time on walkthroughs and reviewed (and posted) on the discussion group.

Stuck again I'm afraid trying to go back from the hall where you get the fourth rune (platforms and disks) to where you can get the third rune. I can get through the wooden door but not the wind activated first screen. I know this is day time activated but it doesn't move round for any position I'm blowing the wind from.

It worked the first time I went through but returned me to the hall when I fell into a ravine in the next area. Now I can't get the screen to move so I'm stuck.

Help!

Re: Xing - 10/01/18 09:11 AM

You went through back to the previous area and then send back when you felt in a ravine, now the problem is that the door is operated with a button on the other side.
You can't fix this problem because you have to be on the other side of that door to push the button.

The only thing you can do is to finish this level and then restart this level, the most puzzles should be resolved. You have to open some doors because of the wind, when you are at the right place pick up the third rune and then exit this level. That should do it.

This is the only way to solve this because the button is on the other side of the door.

Succes Lion_1251

Re: Xing - 10/01/18 09:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Lion_1251
You went through back to the previous area and then send back when you felt in a ravine, now the problem is that the door is operated with a button on the other side.
You can't fix this problem because you have to be on the other side of that door to push the button.

The only thing you can do is to finish this level and then restart this level, the most puzzles should be resolved. You have to open some doors because of the wind, when you are at the right place pick up the third rune and then exit this level. That should do it.

This is the only way to solve this because the button is on the other side of the door.

Succes Lion_1251

Thanks Lion. That's what I was fearing.

Re: Xing - 10/01/18 10:53 AM

I wished I had a better message for, it is a little more work but in the end you need that rune to get to the garden.

Have fun and succes with Xing
Lion_1251
© 2024 GameBoomers Community