GB HOMEPAGE

Dead Mountaineers Hotel

Posted By: Chuck M

Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/24/18 07:18 PM

Puzzle with light beam...trying to make triangle..cannot..anyone have Save pass this point..thanks chuck
Posted By: Marian

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/24/18 07:38 PM

I don't have a saved game for this, unfortunately.

I found an old thread with some advice from MaG:

Quote:
As soon as the light beam appears to focus on another (after doing the "fill with red" puzzle) item - immediately move to that item so that the light beams are kept.
If too slow - the beam connections will break and you have to start from scratch.

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/24/18 08:49 PM

Hi Marian...this what I have been doing for hours..will keep trying..thanks..chuck

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/24/18 09:04 PM

Maybe someone else will have a saved game for you, Chuck. This kind of thing can be very frustrating, I know.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/24/18 09:12 PM

I can't find my saves and I cannot find where in the walkthrough you are either. Sorry.

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/24/18 09:46 PM

I believe this is where Chuck is in the walkthrough:

Quote:
Catch the attention of the man:

Right click to open the notebook. Open items. Select the mirror.

See the mirror at right and a hand cursor on the window. Click the window.

See the inside of the room.

The object of the puzzle is to get beams of light to surround the man and catch his attention.

Click on the bottle in front of the man and see a circle and a bobbing light.

Maintain the light inside the circle until the circle is filled with red and light bounces to another item.

The beam of light from mirror to bottle on floor to lamp at right wall and then to lamp of the dresser beside the bed forms a triangle around the man and eventually shoots a beam to his face and catches his attention.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/24/18 09:53 PM

Chuck try looking at this link... at 2:27 I believe this is where you are:

game
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/25/18 01:28 AM

I did see that Marian but wasn't sure because I didn't see that quote you included from MaG. Now of course, I see that you said it was from an old thread.

I still don't know where the save games are though. I can find the game file but... My game is from Steam.

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/25/18 07:28 PM

Hi Marian and....I have gotten the triangle many times but cannot hold long enough to do anything with man..
can someone tell me how to hold the triangle briefly so as to get to man..thanks chuck

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/25/18 09:14 PM

Hi Chuck, hopefully someone who has played the game will be able to answer your question, as I can't find any info about this from reading the walkthrough.

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/30/18 06:20 PM

Hi all...finally did it..many thanks for your help..chuck

Re: Dead Mountaineers Hotel - 01/30/18 06:24 PM

I admire your persistence! bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community