GB HOMEPAGE

The Omega Stone.

Posted By: deleterman

The Omega Stone. - 05/13/18 06:05 PM

just hit a bad bridge.tring to form a bridge with the 3 moai but stuck.is there a way to reset?and start over. i saved game at that point. headscratch btw what is the windlass ?the only things i see are the 3 things on both sides that i can turn and when i do the moai's turn.so i guess i'm doing that right. headscratchplease seed help soon.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/13/18 06:50 PM

I just want to mention that there is a long thread here from when you played the game last year; there might be some information in there that would help you while you are playing the game.

You should save often so that if you wish to redo something, you can load the game prior to doing that part. I don't know if you can reset puzzles - I will have to look into that.

Which walkthrough are you using?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/13/18 08:01 PM

thank,the walkthrough is adventure game walkthrough.looks like i will have to save often.thanks for getting back to me.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/13/18 08:12 PM

You can also find MaG's walkthrough here.

UHS Hints for the game can be found here - this could also be very helpful.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/13/18 10:46 PM

yikes,I went back to the place that I jumped in to the hole and restarted from there .end up at the lava pool and then clicked on the windless in the right order but they didn't fall.. duh hardwallnow what ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/13/18 11:15 PM

Here is what the walkthrough says about the lava pool puzzle:

Quote:
Note the 3 statues on either side of the lava pool, positioned just like the first room we entered in. Turn to right and left wall and see 3 wooden assembly inserted on the wall that will turn the head of each of the Moai. Based on the first room Moais, we know which statue's head needs to be moved. Turn right and click on top wooden assembly. Turn left and click on middle and bottom wooden assembly. The Moais that had their heads turned fall forward forming a walkway to the Black Moai of Death at far end. Cross and take Easter Island Omega disk. If you make a mistake here, go back to a saved game prior to touching the wooden assembly and replay to this part.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 12:14 AM

that is just what i did to a T .... hardwall

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 12:25 AM

There must be some little thing you are missing, either here or prior to this part. I haven't played the game so can only refer you to the walkthrough. You might want to take a look at the UHS Hints link I provided as well.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 12:49 AM

I think your right.could it be befor or after i jump in the hole ? I'm thinking after i jumped in to the hole.what do you think.i hate to have to restart the game over again. wave2

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 12:52 AM

I really don't know. Just make sure you make enough saved games so that you don't have to keep restarting the game from the beginning. I wouldn't want to have to do that, either.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 12:59 AM

ok I went back to the part just befor i jump into the hole.I will restart from there . wave2

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 01:39 AM

Good luck.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 02:07 AM

Thanks I will need it , wink

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 03:07 AM

I have read that this is not at all an easy game.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 04:33 AM

yikes,I didn't know that, so other player has had a hard time with this game. eek

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 04:52 AM

Well, you've finished it before, so at least you know you can do it. smile

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 07:00 PM

well i went back and jumped into the hole and so on but when i got to the lava pool and turned the heads nada.same as last time ,so it looks like i need to restart game over again.YIKES. smashpc

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 07:01 PM

Sorry about that. Be sure to look at the UHS Hints as well as the walkthrough.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 07:25 PM

YES I did ,I did every thing as it said. I still don't under stand way it's not working.well I will see.well it's a short start from the begging .

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/14/18 08:17 PM

I hope you can get it figured out.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 12:24 AM

well I restarted game and so far working go,now at stonehenge,in the MARV butwhen I look down to my right i don't see the key or the letter from sir gil.any thought on what to do? headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 12:42 AM

The walkthrough says this:

Quote:
While still sitting at the passenger seat, turn to the right and read the 2 letters that should be on the shelf or armrest. If the letters are not there, go to some other part of the world and then come back.

Sometimes apparently things have to be accomplished in other parts of the world before you are able to do something in the particular world that you are in. I think there's a lot of going back and forth between areas in this game.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 02:03 AM

thanks, woozy well so far working great,now at devil's triangle 2 got ready to do some diving. bravo thumbsup

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 05:21 AM

Sounds good. smile

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 04:42 PM

yeah I think your right you have to do alot of jumping around . headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 05:55 PM

Based on what I have read from other people who have played the game, that is my understanding.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 07:12 PM

haveing a hard time @ the devil triangle 2 just jumped in to the water looking for the davil's triangle disk. scaredyikes can't find the pots at all.any thoughts on how to find them? headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 07:25 PM

Quote:
Diving: Look close at the map. Move cursor to close to bottom right to read 64-44 and 32-18 and then click. Hump moves the boat to those coordinates. Go outside, wear the diving gear and go in the water. As soon as you get underwater, go forward to the shipwreck 2xs. Pan slightly right, forward 1x, pan little to the left towards the pots and forward once. Look down and take the Devil's Triangle Omega disk from one of the potteries close to the tip of the so called hull.

If you can't find the pots after doing all of this, maybe it's because you need to do something somewhere else first, although I don't know that for sure.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 08:15 PM

redfaceI had the wrong coordinates duh reset them and now at El Castillo . woozy sleepnap time ..

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/15/18 08:18 PM

All's well that ends well. smile

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/16/18 12:28 AM

yes.now in side the sacred cenote.i went in to the tunnel ,it said if i get lost there is a map here.ok how do i get the map ? duh headscratch
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/16/18 12:39 AM

You click on the underlined word "here" in the walkthrough.

http://www.fisicx.com/OmegaStone/walkthrough.htm

Quote:
If you get completely lost, there is a map here.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/16/18 01:50 AM

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/16/18 06:34 PM

yiked , at the stonehenge site,went back to marv and pressed the led to off went back in side with hump,i see no letter from sir Gil.i went to all the places to go in the walkthrough.any thoughts on what i need to do? headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/17/18 09:02 PM

is anyone there ??

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/17/18 09:54 PM

It sounds like you missed something along the way, but it's really difficult to know what exactly that might be.

For example, when you arrive at Stonehenge, the walkthrough says this:

Quote:
Hint: If you have already exhausted all possible clues in a certain area - go to another part of the globe and then come back. New clues might surface - like the appearance of the letters here.

I visited Easter Island and saw letters about the destruction done to the Moai. The Archeological academia is shocked by those actions and Gil is compared to the Taliban.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/18/18 12:02 AM

thanks i will go back to easter island and come back?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/18/18 12:13 AM

You can try that, sure, and see what happens.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/18/18 12:39 AM

thanks praise it took a few times but i got now at lord bathelwaite. thanks a million. urock

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/18/18 01:09 AM

That's terrific! Thanks for letting me know. thumbsup

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/18/18 08:24 PM

well I just got through the maze and in to the cellar just about to climb the stairs.WOW can't beleave it. wave2

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/18/18 09:43 PM

Great! Thanks for letting us know. smile

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 02:23 AM

well in lord bathelwaite room in front of the grandfather clock,but i set the time but nothing happens ! headscratch is the clock going to move ? where is the secret door ? i don't see or hear any anything. please send help soon. hardwall

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 02:52 AM

Here's the relevant part of the walkthrough for this section:

Quote:
Study: Enter and talk to Lord Lloyd Bathelwaite. He talks about collecting books for your use concerning the Celts based on your task. He continues on and discusses Stonehenge's history, that it's 1 millennium older than the Druids, 2007 BC, about the connections of the Chichen Itza, Sphinx, Aegean and Stonehenge and the significance of 2012. It is the end of the calendar for the Mayans and how Stonehenge calculated misalignment is important. The others forewarned of the event that will happen in 2012. Like the builders of Stonehenge misaligned the stones but the inner stone circle will come aligned this year -2012. The danger sounds celestial. Have a look around. When done, be on your way. This time use the front door.

Turn left, climb the ladder and read 2 books about the Celts and Alchemy. In one book, note that the measuring tool you took from the shelf in the cellar has the one dram icon. Note also the markings for other weights. Go to the other side of the room. Look at the maps on the table. Place in inventory a map.

Go towards the Grandfather clock. Lord Bathelwaite will give another hint - The important date connected to the Ark of the Covenant is when it was moved to King Solomon's temple. We already know from reading Lord Bathelwhaite's journal in the living room that it is 955 BC.

Clock Puzzle - Look close at the clock. Set the clock to 9:55. Click the minute hand, move it around to 11 and click on it again to release the hand from the cursor. Now, click the hour hand, turn it close to10 and click it to release it from the cursor. The clock moves and reveals a secret staircase.

Maybe read this over and make sure that you haven't missed a step.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 03:34 AM

yikes i redid from talking to lord B I did everything as it said now back at the clock.first do I set the minuet hand on :55 and then the hour hand on 10 ? going clock wize ? is that right ? duh

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 03:38 AM

Let's take a look at the explanation from UHS hints:

Quote:
The clock hands will need to be turned to a very specific time.
When you step closer to the clock, Lord Bathelwaite will give you a clue as to what time to set on the clock.
He'll tell you about an important historical event.
Lord Bathelwaite mentioned that the date when Ark of the Covenant was moved to King Solomon's temple is the only date you'll need to be concerned with.
The date of this event has been recorded in his journal.
Look in the living room for the journal.
It's on the little table near the glass doors.
The correct date is 955 BC.
Lord Bathelwaite has set the mechanism on the clock to match this date.
The time to enter on the clock is 9:55.
Click on the clock's minute hand, move the hand to the eleven, then click again.
You'll need to do the same for the hour hand...
...except that the clock won't open if the hour hand is pointing directly at the nine.
If the time were truly 9:55...
...then the hour hand would be pointing closer to the ten than the nine.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 04:46 AM

thanks I have been all over this area and did all the walkthrough has said to do ,i have messed with the clock some . will that have messed it up ? headscratch duh I hope not . I have tried over and over to reset the clock ,i don't think any thing I did before would afect the out come of reseting the clock, would it ? what do you think ? please let me know what you think.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 03:03 PM

You can always restore to a previous save and try going through this sequence again, if you are worried that you messed up the clock. I think that's unlikely, but it can't hurt to try. Otherwise, maybe another player will be able to offer some advice. It's also possible that you missed some step somewhere else that you have to do before you can complete this sequence.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 05:13 PM

thanks , I have a save just after i got the key out of the snakes mouth ,do you think that back far enough back?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 06:09 PM

I really don't know, to be honest, because I don't know what you have missed. It may just be a case of doing something elsewhere before the section where you try to open the clock, so it's difficult to know.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 06:24 PM

well I went way back to to the greenhouse and restarted from there ,back at the clock reset time but no luck.nada. hardwall crazy. duh what now ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 08:00 PM

Let's keep all of our questions about this game confined to the Hints forum. I would recommend checking out any and all walkthroughs while we wait for someone else who might be able to advise you.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 08:28 PM

Just sticking my nose in with a question deleterman. Did you reset the clock for 9:55 or 10:55? Can the hour hand be set somewhere between the 9 and 10?

I don't remember the game at all (too long ago since I played it) so I am just going by what was already posted above. You asked about 10:55. Marian posted part of the UHS Hints which says 9:55 but that the hand should not be directly pointed at the 9. Should be closer to the 10. (But not on the 10.)

Just wondering.

Hope you get it figured out!

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/19/18 08:45 PM

---------EDITED--------------

As far as I can tell, the save you need is

deleted

because the ***walkthrough*** says
Quote:
Clock Puzzle - Look close at the clock. Set the clock to 9:55. Click the minute hand, move it around to 11 and click on it again to release the hand from the cursor. Now, click the hour hand, turn it close to10 and click it to release it from the cursor. The clock moves and reveals a secret staircase.

Click on staircase to climb down to a storage room.

This save is from when I played the game in 2003.
I don't remember if I played using Windows 98 or 2000.

I've temporarily uploaded this save ***here*** <--
It is 242.8 kb in size -- very small download.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 01:58 AM

thanks guys .i will see whats happens.I set the minuet hand on 11 and then moved the hour hand close to 10 but it ether jumps from 9 to 10 and thats it nothing opens.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 04:20 AM

You can always try to use Jenny's saved game that she linked to above.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 04:25 PM

thanks ,it been a long time , just how do i get it ? could you please walk me through it ? praise

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 05:27 PM

You would need to download Jenny's save game to your desktop or some other convenient location where it's easy for you to find. Then you would need to locate where the saved-game folder for Omega Stone is on your computer. You would then copy and paste the saved game into the saved-game folder. After that, when you go back into the game and choose load, that saved game should be there on the list.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 06:39 PM

can't down load it. hardwall now what ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 06:51 PM

I don't know what you mean by not being able to download it - I click on Jenny's link for the saved game, and it downloads just fine.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 07:09 PM

ok down loaded it , when i go to the game i don't see it in my saved games,what should it be called ? like- 24 bathelwaitesecretstorage(1)

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 07:46 PM

1. Did you copy the saved game to the folder that contains your other saved games for Omega Stone?

2. If you did the above, and the downloaded save still doesn't show up, you may have to
A. drag one of your own saves out of the save folder to your desktop (or somewhere other than the save folder)
and
B. rename the downloaded save to be the same name as the save you dragged out of the folder.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 08:38 PM

yes i did.and it don't show up in the game what do i do now? this is as hard as playing the game.is this a save game after the clock opens up ? idea

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 09:00 PM

Once you've renamed the save to the name of one of your own saves, it should show up under that name.

Quote:
is this a save game after the clock opens up ?

As explained in my previous message, yes.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/20/18 11:42 PM

thanks for your patience,I have window 7 ,i did loadload save game from here but it was a long time ago,now i have downloaded your save to my desktop ,now this is the hard part for me where do i need to go to find saved -game folder for omega stone / well I don't know what i did but i got it joy off and running now lab again thanks for your patience. urock

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 12:35 AM

Whatever you do, don't look in the game folder for saved games.
Windows 7 won't put them there.
Even XP won't put them there.
Putting saves in the game folder was a feature of Windows 95/98/ME and earlier.

Saves can be in many places in Windows 7.
Probably in a subfolder of a subfolder of

C:\Users\your-username\Appdata\Local

or C:\Users\your-username\Appdata\LocalLow

or C:\Users\your-username\Appdata\Roaming

You have to dig around and look at everything.
It's a pain in the backside.

Look for the name of the developer or publisher
as well as the name of the game.

It could also be in a subfolder of
C:\Users\your-username\Saved Games
though I've only seen saved game folders from more modern games in there.

-----------EDIT-------

Well, it looks like you managed to find it.
Hopefully it works for you.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 12:47 AM

well it was a pain and it took a long time but it was worth it,love this game. devilchili

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 12:49 AM

Well I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I have more saves if you need them.
Hopefully you won't.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 01:10 AM

thank you so much. urock

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 01:44 AM

Thank you very much for all of the help, Jenny.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 06:48 PM

well thanks to you guys I made it to the Tower and up to the workshop ,got the dram measuring spoons now where is the scruple ?? duh

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 07:19 PM

The walkthrough says
Quote:
Sixth floor Alchemy room - Look at the work table and see various powders in bowls. Take the measuring tool and find out in inventory that you picked up the one scruple and the one ounce measuring tools.

So if you picked up that measuring tool already, look in your inventory.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 07:38 PM

ok,I went back to ground level,now have to find my way to the the gate so i can get to the mansion.I think this will take some tine , is there a easy way back to the gate ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/21/18 09:56 PM

The game has a lot of back-and-forth -- especially towards the end.

I remember I had to run back and forth between locations for each spoonful of whatever-it-was that I needed for the recipe. Need 3 spoonfuls of something? That meant 3 round trips between locations. No you couldn't put 3 spoonfuls in a jar and run back with that. You had to use your little spoon and run back and forth 3 times, one spoonful at a time.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/22/18 12:06 AM

I got a new question -at the alchemy workshop ,do i have to do all the mixtures to be able to go back and get the crystal ??? is anyone there ????

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 01:31 AM

help -is anyone there ??

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: deleterman
I got a new question - at the alchemy workshop, do I have to do all the mixtures to be able to go back and get the crystal ??? is anyone there ????

Are you talking about this part?
Quote:
Crystal Power House: See the imposing tip of a giant pyramid with a gold capstone. In front of the pyramid is a circular structure. Enter and see a vat full of crystals. The ceiling is open. Exit and climb the pyramid to the top.

or earlier when it talks about "crystal powder"?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 03:22 AM

no,at the celtic compound in the hut with the fire this is what they call the alchemist workshop ,this is where i placed the 6 skulls on there stands this is where i put all the mixture from the skulls to the griddle in the center . now do I have to get all but the horse before i go and get the crystal from the workshop in the tower ??

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 03:34 AM

As best I can make out from reading the walkthroughs, yes.

From the walkthrough at
Under the table of ingredients in that walkthrough it says:
Quote:
You will notice that the horse skull is empty. You will need to get the crystal from the workshop in the tower - that's right, you gotta climb those ladders twice more.

When you have assembled the mixture, turn round and pick a burning brand from the fire. Go to the Alchemist's Workshop and set fire to your potion. There should be a satisfying flash of light and the top opens to revels the Stonehenge Disc. If not then you ain't done it right and incineration follows.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 04:37 AM

thanks for the info ,1 more thing if i miss counted the spoons can I start over by pulling the lever ?? headscratch praise

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 04:55 AM

The walkthrough at
says:
Quote:
Do not pull the lever as it dumps the whole shebang.

You will soon get very bored with this so save regularly so that you can backtrack when you miscount, as I did on too many occasions.

So it sounds like yes you can start over by pulling the lever.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 05:38 AM

thanks that's good to know . thanks a million for your help and patience with me . praise

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 06:01 PM

well I need to get the crystal from the workshop in the tower,how is the best way to get there ? headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 06:11 PM

In order to try to help you, we need to know where you are in the game right now - your exact location.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 06:34 PM

well I'm in the alchemy workshop with the 6 skulls are,just finished with all the mixtures need to go to the workshope in the tower to get the crystal.does that help ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 06:59 PM

Here is the relevant portion of the walkthrough:

Quote:
Sixth floor Alchemy room - Look at the work table and see various powders in bowls. Take the measuring tool and find out in inventory that you picked up the one scruple and the one ounce measuring tools. Climb the ladder again. I'm tired - How about you?

Top Floor room - Knock several times on the peephole on the hatch. Ooops! The Celtic priest says Begone! Run or feel the claws of doom! Leave! Okay, let's leave.

Go back out of the compound gate and go forward. The helicopter will drop a ladder and off you go back to the Manor. Do a turn around and give the map and membership card to Hump again to go back to the Celtic compound. Enter the compound again using the sundial. Go back to the tower.

Celtic Priest's bedroom: Climb back to the top floor and see that the hatch is open. Look through the telescope and see the gate, hut frame and the Celtic priest looking back at you. He is hiding behind one of the skeleton prison tree by the path to the hut. Turn left and take the key on a string hanging on the bedpost. Go to the table and open the drawer. Take the one pinch measuring tool. Make a separate Save game here to facilitate going back to study the book if unable to get the priest away from his bedroom again. Study the red formula book. Pull the bell rope and look through the telescope to see an agitated Celtic priest. Exit the tower and then go around to the locked gate of the cemetery.

Cemetery: Use the key taken from the bedpost on the gate lock. Read the name on the gravestones. They are the Developer Team of The Omega Stone. Take the Celtic Cross atop the SS monument. Go back to the tower.

I think if you read through this carefully, it will explain it.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 07:34 PM

ok,i went to the workshop at the tower and got 1 ounce of crystal and went back to the horse skull and open the top but could not put it in skull....what gives ??? duh

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 08:08 PM

I am not sure. The walkthrough says this:

Quote:
The horse powder can be taken on 2 trips to bring to the hut (Scoop the crystal powder using the scruple and then use the ounce tool from inventory on the crystal again in one trip).

Otherwise, it's kind of hard for me to know what you have done/haven't done leading up to this point. I would read over the walkthrough carefully and also look at UHS Hints.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 08:12 PM

ok I will try that .thanks.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/23/18 11:30 PM

well i still couldn't put the crystal in the horse skull headscratch jenny 100 ,looks like I need a save game ,some place about after the alchemist workshop after the 6 skulls puzzle. I just can't get past that spot. thanks

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 12:06 AM

well it looks like i need a saved game just befor the stonehenge disc .do you got it ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 12:16 AM

Jenny might be able to look and see if she has the saved game that you need. We will have to wait for her to help you out.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 12:58 AM

thanks I just hate to give up on this great game. thumbsup
Posted By: Lion_1251

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 02:56 PM

Marinus_Louis did make a walkthrough for this game back in 2002 with a nummer of screenshots.
It is in Dutch and it is not on the website, I have it as a saved webpage so you can open it in your browser.

Is this of any use for you? Let me know .

Lion_1251

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 03:48 PM

I've uploaded a zip file with the rest of my saves here:

deleted

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 04:13 PM

Thank you, Jenny.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 06:45 PM

thanks , its been a while , so what do i need to do 1st off,do i have to unzip it ? headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 06:59 PM

do i have to unzip it ?

1. Unzip it
2. Figure out which save is closest to where you are
3. Copy that save to where the game is putting its saves.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 08:27 PM

thanks I don't know how to do that. headscratch i can't find winzip on my computer.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/25/18 09:05 PM

XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 can all unzip zip files without needing Winzip.

https://www.wikihow.com/Unzip-a-File

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 12:12 AM

thanks but for some reason i can't get it ,I think it would be easier if you pick one like you did last time and then i just downloaded it to my desk top.and then i went on from there . headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 12:38 AM

Previous saves deleted from server

Here are two. One is before you want and the other is after. I don't have one like you want, so take your pick.

deleted saves

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 01:12 AM

thanks a million ,I fore got what to do - headscratch I clicked on it and up pops -adobe acrobat reader dc -couldn't open----disc -it was damaged - it was sent as a email att wasn't correctty decoded. now what? hardwall

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 02:00 AM

Download the saves and put them in the folder where your game keeps its saves. Then start the game and choose which one you want to use. 31GOTSTONEHENGEDISC.sav is after picking up the Stonehenge disc.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 02:17 AM

when i click on the one that i want then what do i do there is alot i can do ??what do i click on ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 03:05 AM

You download the save and put it with your other Omega Stone saves. Then you start the game and load the save.

You managed to find the game's save folder before.
Try to remember how you did that.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 05:47 AM

do i right click on the save game i want ?then what do i click on?

when i right click on the save game i want then what do i click on ? headscratch

now what ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 01:09 PM

If you're trying to copy the file to your save folder and the save is on your desktop, you can
  • Right-click the save
  • Choose Copy from the context menu
  • Navigate to the game's save folder
  • Right-click inside the folder with the game's other saves
  • Choose Paste from the context menu

If you're still trying to download the save, and you're using Firefox, you can either left-click the link to download it or right-click the link and choose "Save Link As"

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 05:13 PM

yikes when i right click on the one i want up pops -save link as -open link in new windows-openlink in incognito link-or copy link address. odd?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 05:19 PM

You want Save link As.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 05:28 PM

when i right click on the one i want on the above list i get -save link as-open link in new windows-copy link address.???now what do i do ? this isn't like the last time i did this. headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 06:11 PM

How did you download the save last time?
Unless Firefox (or whatever browser you're using) sneakily updated your Firefox version to one you don't understand, I don't see why you can't download the same way you did last time.

Did it say "Save Link As" or "Save Target As"?
If it says "Save Target As" try saving the target.

All I need to do is left-click the link in my message and a box pops up asking me if I want to save the file. I don't need to right-click.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 06:39 PM

using google chrome,after messing around some ,i can't run the omega stone game ,yikes now what do i do ??? hardwall can't find it at all?? i did put the 31gotstonehengedisc.save in the right place.now what ?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 06:51 PM

If the game doesn't start, try rebooting the computer.
As long as the save is in the right place you should be able to start the game and load the save.
I don't use Google Chrome.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 07:27 PM

i rebooted and still can't play game...now what ? i have a desk top icon dated 3/10/2003 ,but it will not open.???now what ?? smashpc

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/26/18 09:22 PM

I don't know why the game won't start when it was working before.
The earlier save worked, so this one should work too.
Even if the save were somehow corrupted during the download it shouldn't keep the game from starting.
The save should be 243.3 KiB (249,136 bytes) in size.

You patched the game before playing it, right? There's a very old patch from 2003 that the developer made shortly after the game's release. My saves were made while playing Omega Stone using that patch. There's a list of what the patch fixes ***here***
Originally Posted By: Internet Archive
Problem:
The following issues have been fixed for version 1.10:
-Crashing to Desktop for Windows 2000 Users.
-Fix beeping at StoneHenge which stays with player.
-The Celtic Altar skulls visual bug is corrected.
-All areas with no music now fixed.
-Multiple snake skulls can no longer be acquired.
-Magnifying glass appeared even after objects have been picked up.
-Chichen Itza stone slab clue for skull puzzle now more lit up.
-Fixed sounds when picking up Jade Mask at Chichen Itza.
-a few other minor sound and graphical glitches corrected.

Fix:
Download the following v1.10 patch to correct the problems.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 12:08 AM

no I didn't have a patch,now I can't get the game to run. hardwalland i can't get the patch from here.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 12:22 AM

You can also get the patch at Patches-Scrolls, but you'll have to unzip it.
http://patches-scrolls.de/patch/4268/7/32920

But that doesn't explain why the game suddenly doesn't even start any more.

I have a desk top icon dated 3/10/2003 , but it will not open.

Right-click the desktop icon,
click Properties,
select Shortcut tab
What is in the Target field?
It should be the path to the game exe.

If it's not, open the game folder and start the game by clicking directly on the game exe.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 12:36 AM

i have tried every thing .nada.i could reload the game -i have the disc.????

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 12:54 AM

You can try reinstalling the game and see what happens.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 03:27 AM

thanks ,now my computer is all messed up duh headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 02:47 PM

Just from reinstalling the game?
What do you mean by "all messed up"?
Desktop icons rearranged?
Desktop resolution changed to a low one?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 06:23 PM

I can't get on line , I need to restore my computer back to a restore point , that what i'm trying to do now .the desktop i have i can't use ,i click on a icon and nothing happens...yikes. when i go to click on restore nothing works . so now I don't know what to do.... hardwall can't even check my email.and the last thing i was doing was trying to down load that saved game ..?? headscratch

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 06:53 PM

If you can move your mouse around but can't click anything, there may be a problem with the mouse button. I had that problem recently, but another mouse worked just fine. Do you have another mouse you could attach to the computer?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 11:34 PM

yeah the mouse works great but if i click on a icon it takes me to windows media center,thats cool if i want to hear music ... i have 2 more things to do . 1 is to take it to the shop and have them fix it.i got it from best buy.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/27/18 11:55 PM

It sounds to me like you might have messed up your file associations when you were trying to download that saved game and get it working. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you out.

The conversation should occur in the Glitches forum, though.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/28/18 12:45 AM

I don't know why Chrome made downloading a .sav file so confusing that someone would change file associations instead. Does using a restore point not work?

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/28/18 12:51 AM

He said earlier that when he clicks on restore nothing works, but hopefully we can get more details.

Re: The Omega Stone. - 05/28/18 01:24 AM

It's possible to run System Restore using a repair DVD, but you have to have one first.
A repair shop will have one.

You boot off the repair DVD (or Windows 7 DVD) and get a menu like the one shown at the bottom of this page
https://www.pcworld.com/article/252927/restore_your_system_when_you_cant_launch_system_restore.html

Since you'd be using the OS on the repair DVD it wouldn't matter that file associations are messed up in Windows on the hard drive and you'd be able to left-click as usual.

We're assuming the only problem is messed up file associations and not a hardware problem or some other problem that wouldn't be fixed by system restore. Whatever it is, the repair shop should be able to fix it.

+_+_+_+_+_+

Here's how Google says to download a file in Chrome
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95759?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

What they tell you to do in Step 5 -- and that you should NOT do) is "When the download finishes, you'll see it at the bottom of your Chrome window. Click the file name to open it." NOOOO!!!!!!!

You don't want to open a save file using Chrome and I don't know why they tell people to do that without knowing what kind of file was downloaded.

Chrome and Windows won't know what to do with a save file, and if the user clicks something in desperation they may end up creating a bad file association. Saves should only be opened by the game that made them -- by putting the save in the save folder, starting the game, and loading the save from the game's menu.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community