GB HOMEPAGE

Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods

Posted By: oldbroad

Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 05:54 AM

Hi - need help!

I am in Chapter 5, in the room of ordeals.

I jammed the gears, broke the mirror, cut the line holding the Altar down, and smashed some olives on it so I can grease the hinges of the pink door. I need Robert the sponge to absorb the oil though, and I cannot figure out how to get him. I've been through all the conversations with the God guy. I have gone into 2 previous saves to see if I missed anything and try again. Can't seem to find what I'm missing.

In inventory I have a banana, a wedge, a trophy, and a decanter.

Any hints you can give me?

Thanks.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 06:04 AM

Looking over the walkthrough, it appears that the hermit needs to get sick and then he will run off.

If this doesn't make sense, then perhaps I need to look at the walkthrough a little bit before this in order to give you a proper clue.

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 07:30 AM

Well, it makes sense that he would get sick and run off so I can grab the sponge, but...

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 03:16 PM

The walkthrough says this:

Quote:
Get Bob the sponge: Try to take Bob the sponge from the table by the hermit. Don't you touch my friend!

Again, let's use gravity again. Hehehehe.

Does that last line suggest anything to you?

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 06:06 PM

I'll see if that helps me to figure out what I'm missing when I go back in the game a little later today. Will let you know.

Thanks Marian!

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 06:39 PM

Sounds good. smile

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 09:53 PM

Well, I can't find/figure out anything. I must have missed something somewhere along the way. frown

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/10/18 10:27 PM

Maybe looking at a few of the gradual hints here would help.

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/11/18 01:41 AM

Thanks Marian.

Got it at this point:

But the hermit won't let me.

Then make him leave!

Have you ever wondered why he secures himself with a seat belt? That's because he feels the change of gravity.

You are viewing hint 2 of 5.
wave

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/11/18 02:41 AM

Very good! yes

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/11/18 04:01 AM

I was probably close to stumbling on the answer at one point when I was going back and forth through the doorway to see what was moving where. Oh well. It might not have been at the right time and I never noticed the reaction of the hermit God or (maybe) it would have dawned on me. Just glad to be moving on again. wink

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/11/18 04:55 AM

Enjoy the rest of the game. I guess you are playing this after having finished Ankh 1 and Ankh 2? smile

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/11/18 05:27 AM

Yes. This is a replay of the whole series. I got all this way without any help. yes

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/11/18 05:42 AM

That is amazing. praise

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/11/18 06:24 AM

There were some frustrating moments and resting in between and I did remember some stuff from my first play through.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/12/18 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Yes. This is a replay of the whole series. I got all this way without any help. yes

Mind boggling !! hamster

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/13/18 05:40 AM

I finished this game tonight. I have to apologize for my lie above. I DID refer to the walkthrough one time in the first game when I thought I must be missing an item, and I was. I THINK that was the only time, but my memory... blush

I actually enjoyed replaying these games more than I thought I might. The ending was different than what I was thinking though. I was picturing a different game but not sure what game.

Now, back to Sentinel which I am also replaying.

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/13/18 06:08 PM

"I finished this game tonight. I have to apologize for my lie above. I DID refer to the walkthrough one time in the first game when I thought I must be missing an item, and I was. I THINK that was the only time, but my memory..."

Well, we might let you off for that, oldbroad !! lol

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/13/18 06:27 PM

I'll grovel if I have to, to get back in your good graces! snicker

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/13/18 07:03 PM

rotfl rotfl

Re: Ankh 3: Battle of the Gods - 07/13/18 07:24 PM

grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community