GB HOMEPAGE

Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake

Posted By: rmelone

Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/09/18 10:36 PM

I am at the end of the subject level and realized I was missing the 2nd rune. I haven't exited the level yet but can't figure out how to get back to where the 2nd rune was located - I think it was at the very beginning of the level. When I jump into the "transfer" vats I can't seem to return to that beginning point.

Thanks for any help.

Robert
Posted By: Marian

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/09/18 11:03 PM

Let's wait for another player to help you.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/10/18 04:09 AM

Or try the walkthrough at http://www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl/

I'd check for you, but it's going to be several days before I have some time to get back into the game.
Posted By: Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/10/18 08:17 AM

The easiest way is to finish the level, then you are back at the pond with the Golem.
You then can go back into the beginning of Hyaku Lake and search for the 2nd rune.
If you can't find it go to www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl , to the English section and there you find a English text walkthrough with lots of screenshots.

After you have found the rune you have to play the level to the end to go back to the pond with the Golem.
Maybe you don't have to solve the Lake puzzle again because they are already solved, when you are at the lake go down to the pond.
Make it freeze and if you are lucky you can go to the last part of the level to the teleporting disc.

Succes and have fun

Lion_1251 thumbsup wave2
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/10/18 11:06 AM

Agree with Lion-missed the 2nd rune, went back and yes, the lake puzzle was already solved broccoli

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/10/18 02:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm going through the level now. I guess I'll have to be more careful with
collecting runes in the future.

GameBoomers rule!

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/10/18 08:16 PM

Upsydaisy or Lion_1251,

As soon as I get the missing 2nd rune and teleport to the area where the animals are to be collected and
the (I call it a pool) where that very difficult puzzle was I'm not sure what to do next.

I went on the "snow" disc and it looks like all the animals still have to be collected and the "pool"
puzzle has to be solved.

Where is the pond you're talking about located and how should I proceed?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/10/18 09:23 PM

If you have solved all the puzzles and finished the level, you are back at the central pond with the Golem.
Then you go back to the same level/ world to search for the rune. Then go to the end of the level, you don't have to find all the animals and solve that difficult puzzle because you already have the last quarter piece.
Make it night and let it freeze, go to the icebblocks in the pond below the bordes, click on the hand and then go through the last part of this level.

Then you are back at the pond with the Golem, now you can go to the next level: The desert of Naar

Succes Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/10/18 09:57 PM

Now that I have all the runes can I just exit the level and be back to the Golem and be able to
go to the next part of the game and still have credit for the level?

My problem is after I click on the hand and go to where the last quarter piece is normally dropped the respectable
for the last quarter piece is not active and the door it would normally activate is inactive.

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 11:25 AM

Did you finished the level the first time or have you just restart the level? If that is the case then you have to do the puzzlea again otherwise that door should be active.

I will replay the game and let you know, hopefully tomorrow.

Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 12:28 PM

I finished the level the first time but minus the 2nd rune.

I went back, as was suggested, and got the 2nd rune and then proceeded to the "pond" area.
When I check my progress I have all the runes, all the "animals" and all four pieces but
the last door is closed and the place to deposit the last quarter is not active.

I did not restart the game but finished it as stated above.

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 12:30 PM

It is possible that you have to solve that puzzle again, I just tried to replay that level and I have to get all the quarter pieces again.
That level is already completed but I have to do it again maybe it is because I had deleted the game and now reinstalled.

The game is completely finished but I have to get all the quarter pieces again.

The fastest way to progress is to solve that puzzle again and find the last quarter piece to open the door.

Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 02:08 PM

Finding the last quarter piece won't help because the receptacle for it is not active.

At this point I'm tempted to exit the level as I have all the runes, the animals and all the pieces.

Another thing is when I look at the flooded area where that difficult puzzle is the fifth rune isn't
showing as being there so that leads me to believe that the last quarter piece won't be there either as I have already collected both.

What do you think would happen if I exit the level? Shouldn't I still have all that I completed - including
the runes and animals, etc.?

Then shouldn't I be able to go to the next level and proceed because I have everything from Hyaku Lake?

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 02:09 PM

When you finished the level did you start the next level?

Something else you can try is restart the game and then choose to play the second world.
If everthing is correct you should be at the pond with the Golem then throw the eagle plaque in the pond and listen to the Golem.
Then enter the 4th world.

That should be possible because you have al the parts you need.

Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 02:46 PM

No I didn't start the next level.

If I restart the game won't I lose everything? Wouldn't it be better just exit the Hyaku Lake level?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 03:28 PM

Just quit to main menu and then choose the second world. You should then be at the pond with the Golem to see if you can start the 4th world.

Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 03:43 PM

I ended up using the exit option which took me back to the pond and I'm now in the 4th world.

Thanks for you help.

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 03:48 PM

Hope things go more smoothly now!

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 04:37 PM

Just a thought for future reference.

I think when I went back to Hyaku Lake and retrieved the 2nd rune - at that point I probably
could have exited the level and then started the 4th world. I don't think there was any advantage
to going any further.

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/11/18 05:18 PM

Have fun in the 4th world where you find a couple of difficult puzzles, after that the garden.
And at last the finale world with difficult puzzles and at the end an very extended and difficult puzzle.

Enjoy Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/18/18 02:21 PM

I finished the game but when I look at the stats for the slot I played it only shows 92% completion.

How can I find out what I missed to get that number up to 100%?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/18/18 02:54 PM

Did you look at the walkthrough at www.pcgameswalkthroughs.nl, it is a Dutch website but it has an English section and there you find our walkthrough for Xing.

I had 100%, just look through that walkthrough to see if you've missed something.

I think that is the way to do because I can't tell you from here what you missed.

Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/18/18 03:50 PM

Yes, I have the walk through but right now when I go into the game it takes me into Charia Town and I
want to go back to Zeneth (I think) because that may be where I missed some things.

Right now it looks like I'm stuck in Charia Town and may have to go through that level again to get back
to Zeneth. When I exit the Charia level back to the main menu it takes me back to the beginning
sequence of the game but when I hit play I'm right back in Charia.

If I select "Progress" it shows the four worlds - or levels.

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/18/18 07:32 PM

Yes you have to play through Charia Town and then you are back in the garden. Then you can search the rest of the garden.
Lucky it is not a big deal, did you find the rune up above on the rocks.

Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/18/18 07:50 PM

Yes, I did find the rune above the rocks.

I didn't realize I had to go through the rest of the garden. I finished all of those locations
and now have all the runes for the main gate leading into the garden.

I went back to the beginning and now have 100% so obviously it was because I hadn't finished everything
in the garden.

Thanks for your help - it was a great game.

Can you recommend any other games that are similar? I've been playing quite a few, mostly on GOG.

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 09:50 AM

Yes, it is a great game. It was hard to figure out the puzzles like: the drums in Nahele Rain, the puzzle in the pond in Hyaku Lake, 2 puzzles in The Desert of Naar and of course the puzzles in The Steps of Akasha.

An other one I liked very much is Quern, Undying Thoughts; Lake Ridden; The Eyes of Ara; The Painscreek Killings; Obduction; RoonSehv; ASA and Catyph.
In a little bit different genre: The House of Da Vinci; The Room 1 + 2.

And of course a couple of older games: Reah, Amerzone, all the Myst-games and there are more but I can't play them on W-10.
I probally have forgotten a lot of other games.

Lion_1251 thumbsup wave2

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 11:00 AM

Thank you, Lion, for the info on similar games. I am downloading a demo of The Painscreek Killings from Steam, will also try Lake Ridden. I have played the other games you recommend and agree totally about Xing. My only problem was for some reason I wasn't able to see the ice pillars, the developers released a patch to remedy this but it didn't work on my system. Managed to nearly complete the game by drawing diagrams, but I had to watch the Steps of Akasha on Youtube. Too many ice pillars!! wave2

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 02:50 PM

I also saw the videowalkthrough on Youtube but they never explain the puzzles and aften are not complete.
Did you finish the game? It took me a while to figure out the puzzles in the Steps of Akasha.

Did you see our English walkthrough for this game, alot of screenshots and an explanation for the puzzles.

I got a tip from Louis for another good game: The Talos Principle.

Lion_1251

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 02:56 PM

I also down loaded The Painscreek Killings from Steam but am unable to "use" the items in inventory - it's grayed out. Is there something I'm missing in the initial loading or setup of the game or could this be a bug.

I'm wondering if Upsydaisy had the same problem.

Robert

NOTE: I found the problem. I had to click on the lock in order to be able to use the key. Sorry for the quick post.

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 04:38 PM

Another game with some interesting puzzles is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The graphics are also spectacular, but it does need a fairly hefty video card.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/258520/The_Vanishing_of_Ethan_Carter/

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 04:56 PM

I recently - about six months ago - bought a new PC so luckily I've been able to play games like
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. You're right it was a very good game and well done.

In fact, I have played most of the games Lion_1251 mentioned but there a few I haven't so I'll be checking
them out.

I finished most of The Witness (if you can say that about a game) but never did complete the famous
(or infamous) timed puzzle - which I may go back to some day. I really enjoyed most of that game but
got frustrated with that one part and I still have difficulty understanding at what point is the game
truly finished - but then that's just me.

Quern and Obduction were two other games I enjoyed playing. Actually since I stopped using BigFish on a
regular basis I've been able to get back to adventure games - which began with my very first one - Myst.

Robert

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 07:06 PM

Same here, Robert! Just lost my taste for Big Fish Games and am back to more adventure games.

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 08:06 PM

Hi remelone, found the same issue as you, but realised that you have to click on things to get the 'use'. I didn't finish the demo as got a bad dose of motion sickness with this one. I was fine until I started looking around the town. sick sick Lake Ridden looks the better option.

Re: Missing 2nd rune in Xing: The Land Beyond - Hyaku Lake - 08/19/18 08:24 PM

Yes Upsydaisy you may find Lake Ridden to be a little better in the motion department except it seems today
most games - at least the ones I played recently - require a lot of back and forth, up and down activity.

It's hard to say if a game is going to be a "motion" problem until you try it - unless you're able to look at a preview
on YouTube or somewhere else that might give you an idea what to expect.

I thought Lake Ridden was unique in its own way. Enjoy.

Robert
© 2024 GameBoomers Community