GB HOMEPAGE

Tex Murphy pandora directive

Posted By: deleterman

Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 12:31 AM

just started game how do i move tex forwards and left or right ?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 01:02 AM

Once the room has loaded, press the spacebar. The text in the box below the Action window will switch from Interactive Mode to Movement Mode. Then...

In order to move forward/back, move the mouse forward/backward.
In order to turn left/right, Move the mouse left/right
In order to Stop, Click the right mouse button
In order to slide left/right, hold down the left mouse button, slide left/right
In order to tilt view up/down, press up/down arrow
in order to raise/lower height, press left shift/ctrl
in order to run (move fasster) Press R when moving.

If you don't have a manual for the game, you should be able to download one if you bought the game from GOG.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 01:13 AM

thank you so much.I think i got it now.i hope. smile wave2

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 08:04 PM

thanks for all that info, working great , i have 2 walkthroughs ,1 by rj roman and 1 by Phil Darks .which one should i use ? headscratch
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 08:07 PM

I don't know, but if it were me, I would probably end up looking at both of them.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 09:54 PM

thanks that's what i have been doing. happydance

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 10:55 PM

thanks, i have been looking at both of them and up to mid day 2 there the same but after that there different. headscratch duh

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 11:18 PM

If the game is nonlinear, that means that everything does not have to be done in exactly the same order. That is why the two walkthroughs would differ somewhat, but by the end of the day the results would be the same.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/19/18 11:46 PM

ok i understand that ,i did not know that .i guess that makes it more fun.just want to make it to day 3.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 12:11 AM

Pandora Directive has multiple endings.
If you want more of an explanation, check Steve's walkthrough here
http://the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Access/pandora.directive.4/

If you want the most favorable ending for Tex (Mission Street ending), check here
http://the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Access/pandora.directive.3.html

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 12:29 AM

thanks for that info. off and running. lab

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 06:20 PM

back again.need help just gave Leach the scarf,now i need to get to chelsee's apartment .where do i go to get there ?

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 06:25 PM

You use the map of San Francisco to get to Chelsee's apartment.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 07:15 PM

thanks, i did that and talked to chelsee and she agreed to go to the Fuschia Flamingo for drinks,but up pops this error not enough memory -exit game.Yikes what do i do now ??send help soon. hardwall

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 07:27 PM

You had this problem the last time you played the game, and you can read this thread here to fix it (you will need to scroll up and begin reading at the top of the thread). Then go to the seventh post down from the top and proceed from there. This worked for you before. Just follow the directions carefully and you should be fine. smile

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 11:41 PM

thanks got it going now at the Fushia Flamingo.but i forgot to go to up to Emily's room ,what should i do now ? can i go back to Emily room ?or what ? duh

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/20/18 11:59 PM

You should still be able to go to Emily's room.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 12:51 AM

:)well made it to day 3 - have to re-assemble the scraps.that looks hard. headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 01:19 AM

It takes some patience. If you need some hints, try looking here.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 01:42 AM

thanks , how do you rotate them.??? woozy never mind i got it ,sorry headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 02:18 AM

No problem.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 07:37 PM

did the scrap puzzle , had some help from my grandson.now at the office to call Lucia Parnell,she's cool. smile wave

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 08:24 PM

Good for you. Have fun. smile

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 11:56 PM

need to get to the slice of heaven and get bottle of scotch.where do i have to go to get there .??

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/21/18 11:57 PM

Slice of Heaven is the pizza parlor on Chandler Avenue.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/22/18 12:55 AM

thanksjust going to talk to Mac Malden.. wave devilchili

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/22/18 01:22 AM

thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/22/18 03:37 AM

I just got 2 questions - #1 how do i get to Auto tech,#2 how do i get to Sandra Collins House ? headscratch praise

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/22/18 03:49 AM

Assuming you have done everything you are supposed to have done up to this point, the walkthrough says:

Quote:
Go to the Electronics Shop and buy the photo analyser. Combine the analyser and the assembled photo. Switch on the analyser and move the cursor over the 2nd square on the left and on the door. You discover that Autotech is located at 144 Barcelona

Once you get the address of Auto Tech, it appears on the map. You won't be able to go to Sandra Collins until someone gives you her address.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/22/18 04:11 AM

thanksthat was easy,off and running now . dance

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/22/18 04:26 AM

Onward and upward. smile

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 02:28 AM

well in day 4 ,getting that Dag Horton guy was very hard,but got him,off and running lab taz

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 02:31 AM

Thanks for the update. Have fun with the game this evening. smile

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 06:19 PM

back again for your help,clayborne mine deactivate,can't get them to move from one side to the other ? any hint ?? hardwall

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 06:39 PM

Here's what the walkthrough says:

Quote:
a Clayborne mine attached to it which you must deactivate by transferring the green photons from the left hand side to the right and vice versa with the red. One red and one green photon are lighter in colour than the others and the shuttle must contain one of these before it can move. The shuttle also will not move if there are more of one colour than the other in either side. To de-activate the mine click on the following photons:-

LR-R-R-ST, LG-G-G-ST, LG-R-ST, LR-G-ST, LR-R-R-ST, LG-G-G-ST.

(LG= Light green LR=light red R=red G=Green ST=Shuttle transfer.)

And if you look here, it will provide you with a step-by-step solution.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 07:14 PM

cool i got that thanks,went to Wright's cabin ,got wad of paper and cd return to the computer room in office .that is where i'm at now but don,t see any one.did i miss some thing ? hardwallcan't talk to Mac Malden and can't get to the mission district.lost now ....please send help soon. woozy

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 08:00 PM

It sounds like you must have missed something.

Make sure you did all of this:

Quote:
Travel to David Wright's cabin. Move the papers on the floor, you find a pool of blood. Go up the stairs and move the painting to reveal a keypad. Go back down the stairs and pick up the wad of paper which is lying at the foot of the stairs. Get the CD from the drawer. Return to the computer room in your office. You are grabbed by two NSA agents and taken to Jackson Cross's office when he questions you don't try to be too smart or you get shot. When he asks what you know tell him part of the story. When he asks if you are holding something back, pretend you've come clean When he says is there anything more you want to tell me about tell him about the box and hand it over. You will be released.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 09:54 PM

yikes i did all that talked to mac but he don't know any thing about pb meter or post office at the mission district.now what do i do to get out of this mess ??all my saves are day 4. hardwall woozy

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 10:02 PM

There must just be some little thing you are missing. The game doesn't let you advance to the next day until you have done everything in the previous day that you were supposed to.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 10:06 PM

thanks looks like i have to restart from day 4 .?and redo every thing over again.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/23/18 10:16 PM

Well, that I do not know, because I don't know everything that you have/haven't done in day 4. It is possible you don't have to go back that far, but there's no way for me to make that determination.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 01:07 AM

thanks.how do i get in the fuschia flamingo to talk to gus and emily ?

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 01:37 AM

Is it on your map? If it is, you can get there via the map.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 02:44 AM

thanks i talked to both of them , but he don't saz any thing about the wrapper.what gives ? i remember that i did get in the past .like every thing i do is messed up.any thoughts on this ?? hardwall

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 03:27 AM

Try reading the hints here and continue on with them until you can see what you have missed.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 05:20 PM

thanks , should i just go to every place in the game ,like i said gus never said anything about the wrapper out side , but i do remember getting it but it not in my inventory.?? hardwall

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 05:27 PM

In order to get the wrapper, you have to do this:

Quote:
Then, question Gus. He’ll tell you where to find the wrapper Malloy used to send the box. Go into the alley behind Flamingo and look up on the light pole. You’ll see the wrapper. Look in the trash can beside the door and get the antenna. Examine the antenna and use it to get the wrapper. Examine the postage wrapper.

You won't be able to get the wrapper until you have questioned Gus and he tells you where to find it.

As I said before, I would just follow the UHS hints until things get straightened out. They tell you what you need to do step-by-step.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 08:14 PM

back again,back in tex computer ,need security code ,need to return to malloy's room ,how do i get there ??? woozy

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 08:25 PM

Check and see if there is a location for Malloy on the map.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 09:14 PM

thanks got it back in day five . praise devilchili bravo

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/24/18 09:15 PM

Have fun. smile

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/25/18 11:51 PM

Back again, at autotech locker room,i need pernell,s key to open locker E36 ,how do i get the key???

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 12:50 AM

One of the walkthroughs says this:

Quote:
Return to the office. Examine Regan's note and call her. Arrange to meet her at The Imperial. When you meet her, tell her about her father. Show her Malloy's notebook, she agrees to try and translate it. She gives you her box. Return to your office and call Lucia Pernell. She wants you to get a file from the evidence room about operation Euphoria. Ask her to find an Anagram from the title of the book "There Are Messages From Outer Space". She sends you a key. Regan calls you and tells you that the notebook contains references to OE, EW and AE, these are probably the initials of other people who received boxes. Go back to the evidence room at Autotech and open box E36.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 03:22 AM

thanks,now at the slider puzzle , is there a easy way to do this ? youtube is way to fast. diagram maybe .?? duh

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 03:49 AM

Are you in day 5? I am not sure which "slider puzzle" you are referring to. Is it Regan's puzzle box? Or something else? The walkthroughs I am looking at do not use the words slider puzzle, so it's unclear to me what puzzle you are working on.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 04:02 AM

yes in day 5 it is the one called the Regan's puzzle box.sorry i messed it up.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 04:09 AM

If you go to this walkthrough and scroll down to day 5, you will see that there is a diagram of sorts drawn for this puzzle.

If I can find any other drawings, I will let you know.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 05:18 AM

what's this-combine the peg's from Regan's box with emily's box ???? hardwall

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 05:46 AM

Here's from another walkthrough:

Quote:
Examine the box Regan gave you, it has a sliding tile puzzle. Combine Regan's box with the tapestry. Slide the tiles on the box to match the pattern on the tapestry. Examine the box and the pegs. Combine the pegs with the box from the evidence room. Now combine the box and pegs with the map and flight schedule. You now need to insert the pegs in the box in the same order as the flight schedule. Unfortunately the holes in the box do not match the map. There are 16 holes in the box lid, 6 round holes and 10 star shaped. But there are 17 pegs. To solve this puzzle the pegs must be placed in the holes in the correct order. When two are placed correctly a red line joins them and when there is only one peg left the red lines form a star with its centre in the middle of the screen. Place the last peg in the hole in the middle. (Star = Star shaped hole, Hole = plain round hole.)

Place the 1st peg in the bottom hole in the centre of the screen.

Place the 2nd peg in the hole at the top immediately above it.

Place the 3rd peg in the 3rd hole from the top on the left half of the screen. Place the 4th peg in the 2nd star from the top on the right half of the screen.

Place the 5th peg in the 2nd star from the top on the left half of the screen. Place the 6th peg in the 5th star from the top on the right half of the screen. Place the 7th peg in the leftmost hole on the left of the screen.

Place the 8th peg in the rightmost star on the right of the screen.

Place the 9th peg in the bottom star on the left half of the screen.

Place the 10th peg in the top star on the left half of the screen.

Place the 11th peg in the bottom star on the right half of the screen.

Place the 12th peg in the top star on the left half of the screen.

Place the 13th peg in the 4th star from the top of the right half of the screen. Place the 14th peg in the 3rd star from the top of the left half of the screen. Place the 15th peg in the top hole of the right half of the screen.

Place the 16th peg in the bottom hole on the left half of the screen.

Place the last peg in the hole in the middle.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 05:12 PM

thanks for getting back to me.i combined box with the tapestry,that is where I,m at now is there a plan to move the tiles in the right order ???I checked youtube ,but way to fast. smashpc need something printed out .. praise

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 05:18 PM

That's about all I can find. If all else fails and you are playing on the entertainment level, you can ask for hints that eventually may allow you to skip the puzzle.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 08:07 PM

great ,stuck just before day 6 -i think i need security clearance ,i have talked to fitzpatrick over and over again but get no where .what do i have to do to get the co-ordinates ?? woozy

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 08:16 PM

It sounds like you have a lot of conversations before you get the coordinates. According to the walkthrough:

Quote:
The box opens and you find a module and a slide. Examine both. Return to your office and call Gordon Fitzpatrick. Ask about the power cell, A.E. ,O.E. and E.W. He mentions Archie Ellis. Also ask about Elijah Witt. Archie Ellis is listed in the phone book, but before you call him examine the Gate of The Sun Photo and the photo of Nacza. Call Archie Ellis. He is reluctant to talk to you ,but will agree to meet you if you can answer three questions the answers are J.I.Thelwait The Plains Of Nacza and The Gate Of The Sun. Travel to the Cosmic Connection. After a cinematic sequence Question Ellis about Thomas Malloy, Ellis's interview with Malloy ,Ellis's puzzle box, The Pandora Device, the power cell, J.I.Thelwait. Go back to the office and call Gordon Fitzpatrick. Ask about Roswell, Ellis's puzzle box, The Pandora Device. Talk to Ellis again. Ask about Roswell and security clearance. Talk to Gordon Fitzpatrick again and ask about Roswell Security clearance and about Roswell. He gives you the co-ordinates

If you have omitted anything in the above, Fitzpatrick will not be ready to give you the coordinates.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/26/18 11:45 PM

well i have a module #186 and 2 slides 1 is malloy's device piece #1 and also #2.but when i call him i get no -power cell. or a.e. o.e. and no e.w.now what ??

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/27/18 12:17 AM

Here's from another walkthrough:

Quote:
When you have solved it, you are presented with Malloy's device piece #1 and a slide of the power cell (item #186). Finally, you have something that merits a call to your employer, so call Gordon Fitzpatrick: Ask About ... Initials - AE, OE, EW. Then, Archie Ellis. End Conversation. Call Archie Ellis. Respond with C, C, A, A, A (Note: you must have found and examined the 'Airport of the Gods' book, the Plains of Nazca postcard, and the Gate of the Sun photo for Tex to give the correct answers here)! Travel to the Cosmic Connection. After patiently listening to Archie for a while: Ask About ... Thomas Malloy, Power Cell (Item #186), Roswell, and Ellis' interview with Malloy. End Conversation. Travel back to Tex's Office and call Fitzpatrick again: Ask About ... Roswell, Roswell Security Clearance, Archie Ellis' puzzle box, and Pandora Device. End Conversation.

If none of this works, then you have missed something further back. You can always try getting a hint if you are playing in entertainment mode.

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/27/18 02:45 AM

well I just kept messing around and i was shocked that I was in day 6 WOW .

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/27/18 03:20 AM

Sometimes messing around is all it takes. Have fun with day six. smile

Re: Tex Murphy pandora directive - 08/28/18 03:12 AM

WOW just like that i,m in day 7 i have a alien entity after me yikes. headscratch Well i did get into room104 .where is the laser beam room ?? headscratch hay anyone here ??need help ..... hardwall
© 2024 GameBoomers Community