GB HOMEPAGE

Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon.

Posted By: deleterman

Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/10/18 08:31 PM

at the part I need to talk to beek nariz need to travel to Coit Tower.how do i get to the tower ? headscratch
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/10/18 08:57 PM

If Coit Tower is on your map, you should be able to travel there via the map. You can also get there by going down Chandler Avenue, facing the Golden Gate Hotel, and making a left and going through a fence - that will also take you to Coit Tower.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/10/18 09:21 PM

thanks , I got there but no one there have to come back later,?what do i do now ?? duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/10/18 11:22 PM

I wouldn't be able to tell you, because I don't know what you have already done. Check out the walkthroughs here. And there is another walkthrough here.

There is also a built-in hint system in the game, which you can also use when you need a nudge in the right direction.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 12:32 AM

thanks i did all that ,the only thing is i didn,t get the pie from louie ? how do i get the pie ?

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 12:43 AM

You have to talk to the guy in the dumpster out in the alley next to Rook's Pawn Shop. He has an addiction to chocolate. When you have had the right question-and-answer session with him, and you have told him that you have something to satisfy his craving, then you can get the pie from Louie.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 01:49 AM

looks like i,m stuck. smashpc

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 02:36 AM

Try getting a hint from the hint system; it will give you a suggestion about what to do next. If you use the hint system, it's pretty much impossible to get stuck in the game.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 02:46 AM

thanks for all your help, i will give it a try , tomorrow . sleep time now. wave2

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 02:54 AM

Have a good one.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 04:39 PM

do i have to go to every place in the game and use the hint.?? duh

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 04:47 PM

I don't think so. I think you can just ask for a hint and it will offer a suggestion for something you can do.

The main thing you should be trying to accomplish is to accumulate enough clues to enter into the crime computer at your office so that you can come up with a suspect. If you pick the right conversation choices with Mac Malden, he will give you clues, as does Chelsee and the guy in the dumpster. There are some clues outside the back door of Rook's pawnshop as well.

Have you gotten into Rusty's yet on Chandler Avenue?

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 05:59 PM

thanks , i did get the crime suspect on the computer.and i did talk to Mac and got the clue and so on, yes i have been in side Rusty's and got every thing.the guy in the dumpster i never go the pie for him.thats the one thing i did not do.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 06:21 PM

Here's what a walkthrough says about the pie:

Quote:
Talk to Bum
* Learn about his chocolate problem
* Exit alley and enter Brew 'n' Stew

* Talk to Louie
* Ask about chocolate pie
* Travel to alley behind Pawn Shop

* Talk to Bum
* Offer chocolate pie

You might need more than one conversation before you get the conversation with the bum about his chocolate problem. Sometimes the responses you pick in conversation can end without the player having gotten the right conversational path.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 07:31 PM

thank you for the info about bum. praise none of that worked . BTW i don't have a key to get into the warehouse ? how do i get the key ? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 08:54 PM

When the time is right, I believe you go over to the warehouse and find that it is unlocked.

If you get a hint, what does it tell you?

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/11/18 11:20 PM

thanks,it's like the game is stuck,nothing changes, every thing i need to talk about is all the same,and when i click on hint it the same -beek nariz ,when i go to coil tower no one is there, woozy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 12:08 AM

I don't think you can go to Coit Tower until you have given the bum a piece of chocolate pie.

I suggest you watch a video walkthrough for day one, which you can find here. That should get you moving again.

There's also a day-one video walkthrough here.

It is probably just one little thing you are missing - maybe a conversational path, but I can't be sure.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 01:13 AM

whats odd is when I put in all the info in crime link computer up pops mick flemm not Beek Nariz ??i talk to Cheisee ,nada go to coil tower but no one there . woozy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 01:28 AM

Mick is supposed to be who pops up in the crime computer, not Beek Nariz. And if Beek is not at Coit Tower, it's because you haven't done what you need to do in order to trigger him appearing there.

As I said before, you should watch the day-one video walkthrough to see what you are missing.

Did you pick up your mail on the floor of your office? There are all sorts of things like that which could be keeping you from progressing. Unfortunately, I can't possibly know what they are and that is why watching the video is a good idea.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 02:19 AM

thanks , another thing when I talk to Chelsee there name don't show.yes i did pick up the mail.off and running.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 02:38 AM

Make sure that when you look at the conversational choices, you notice that there is sometimes more than one page of them. You get to the second page by clicking on the down arrow that you will see underneath them - that will take you to the next page. This may be why something or someone isn't showing up when you talk to Chelsee - it might be on the next page after you click the down arrow.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 03:27 AM

thanks -that did it ,now at the coit tower with beek. thumbsup joy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 04:05 AM

When you said the name did not show up with Chelsee, I suspected that was the problem. I'm really glad we got that figured out. thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 05:12 AM

I can't thank you enough !!I was running around like a chicken with no head. thumbsup praise joy devilchili urock

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/12/18 05:24 AM

I am just sorry that I didn't think of it sooner. I would have been really puzzled if I had been in your situation, so I'm glad you are now unstuck.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/13/18 12:40 AM

THANKS at the knickerbocker ,I examined Geigger ,how do i get the geigger chow ?? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/13/18 12:44 AM

The geiger chow is behind the green marble obelisk. I don't remember exactly, but this might involve looking down and all around the obelisk in order to see it.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/14/18 08:29 PM

OK in day 4 got the note scraps , haveing hard time geting them to line up , is there a easy way to do this like a hint or a map of it???

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/14/18 09:16 PM

The UHS hint says this:

Quote:
How do I assemble the note in the Countess' Mansion?
In case you haven't found it yet, the note scraps are in the trash can.
Just assemble it the way instructions tell you to -- you should have already seen this interface before on the previous day.

I found that the game wouldn't recognize that I'd assembled the note, even though I put it together properly, and others have reported the same problem. I don't think you can get points for assembling the note, or if you can, it's not crucial that you do so.

Another walkthrough says:

Quote:
It isn't vital to assemble the note pieces and you won't get any points if you do.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/14/18 10:45 PM

OK,so just go to the Colonels office !

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/14/18 10:52 PM

Yes, I guess you don't need to do anything with the note.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 02:44 AM

cool,now at G.R.S.and i lost my walkthrough i was using.so i got zapped ,and had to start over ,i know this is a hard part,i think when the secuity eye goes in side the safe and i turn the power off ,i don't have to worry any more right ! headscratch duh

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 04:18 AM

That sounds correct.

Quote:
* Hide behind plant
* Wait for security eye to enter, watch for him.
* Watch him enter the safe
* When he enters safe, turn OFF the panel and secure him in the safe.

After that, I believe you can relax a bit.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 07:20 PM

yikes , I go to G.R.S. IT SAID TO RUN LT and go in R.D open door and go in,the sacurity sweep is in front of me how and what do i do ? send help soon. i keep dieing . smashpc

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 07:28 PM

This YouTube video here will show you the entire security robot section of the game.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 07:37 PM

thats cool but it don't show me what to click on to get going ,to the R&D room duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 08:11 PM

The R & D room is the room you were in when you first started this section of the game, the first lines being:

Quote:
Go to G.R.S. Go to the R & D office and get access to Paul Dubois computer.

I would think that it shouldn't be too hard to find.

There is also a step-by-step here for the area.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 11:20 PM

as soon as i try to go left i die ,i can't move until he starts coming at me .what is it i need to do ?i try as fast as i can but i die .???what now ?? woozy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 11:48 PM

If you are stuck there and can't get past it, I would try restoring your game to a previous save and starting this section over again. I remember when I played this section years ago I saved the game each time I had made a little progress - it's the only way I ever get past something like this where timing is important. I almost never get through a sequence like this on the first try.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/15/18 11:56 PM

thank you so much,save,save and more save ,well i do what you said now in the supervisor's office. joy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/16/18 12:32 AM

I knew you could do it. smile

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/16/18 06:02 PM

just a quick question -in the supervisor room in high security area - will i be safe in here ? from the security sweep?

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/16/18 06:18 PM

Looking at the walkthrough, it seems like you might have to hide behind a wall or crouch a couple of times. Just save your game often and if you get zapped, you can restore your game and re-do that part.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/16/18 06:53 PM

thanks,, praise thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/16/18 07:00 PM

Have fun. wave

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 12:26 AM

yikes just got laser disc player in the conference room went out to hallway to marcus tucker door but can't get in.now what do i do ???

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 12:34 AM

Looking at the walkthrough, it is not clear to me that you go through that door.

Here is some of the walkthrough:

Quote:
Run into the conference room

* If you need to hide, crouch behind the desk
* Look at video screen
* Open bottom left drawer
* Get laserdisc player
* Exit to hallway, go right to Marcus Tuckers door.

* Hide behind the plants in the corner
* Look at safe access panel
* Combine laserdisc player with TV
* Combine audiovisual equip. with laserdisc player
* Examine loaded A/V equipment
* Open bottom left desk drawer
* Read the number 142235
* Open bottom right drawer

There's a lot more after this - this is just an excerpt.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 12:50 AM

it said after getting the laser disc player exit to hall way go right to marcus tuckers door ??what do i do now i can't get in his door what other door should i go to ?? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 02:22 AM

The walkthrough makes it sound like you go to the door but not through the door. Are there are plants in a corner?

You can always watch a video walkthrough that will show you what to do at this point if you can't figure it out.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 02:55 AM

well made it to Marcus Tuckers office , it said to combine laserdisc with tv,where is the tv?

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 03:21 AM

I believe you are supposed to have a portable tv in your inventory at this point.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 03:52 AM

where did i get it ? i must of missed it some place ,don't have it .yikes will i have to go find it ? where do i have to go to get it ?? smashpc

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 03:55 AM

Maybe it's possible to just go back and get it.

Quote:
If you need to hide from the security sweep, hide between Paul Dubois
desk, and the wall. Remember, to duck down, hold CTRL.
* Get the San Francosco Pennant on the wall
* Get the hex wrench on the floor
* Get the portable TV on the desk
* Look at Paul Dubois computer
* Examine the pennant, get card
* Use card to turn on computer
* Read all topics completely
* Exit to hallway

This is where the TV is mentioned.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 05:41 PM

3thanks in marcus tuckers room but can't hide in plants ? now what?? scared i got the tv & laserdisc. i get zapped need to hide ,what to do ??? woozy also having a hard time saving game.?? hardwall

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 06:22 PM

You should not be having a hard time saving the game unless you are running out of available save slots (I don't know how many the game is willing to accept). You could try deleting ones from earlier chapters and see if that helps with your problem.

Try checking out these two videos; I am not sure which one of these pertains to where you are exactly, so just check them out and see:

Under a Killing Moon day 4

Under a Killing Moon day 4

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 10:53 PM

well i checked my saved games only 5 or 6 saved games , so i restarted from Eva's recordings,now turn right and go to conference room ,i have been here before but my save is gone. thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/17/18 11:12 PM

That isn't very many saved games, so I am not sure what the problem was. Good to hear all is okay for now, though.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/18/18 06:15 PM

going to conference room,saved -the things i have are -credit card,watch , decoded files ,passkey, laserdisc,lethal cigarette.is that good ? inside i need to get laserdisc player .is that right ?? then i need to go to marus tuckers place .and get laserdisc player is that right ? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/18/18 06:47 PM

Did you check the walkthrough? That way you can make sure you are good to go. Just make sure to save frequently enough so that if you need to retrace your steps you won't have to repeat all that much. wave

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/18/18 08:14 PM

WELL made it in to tuckers room got every thing but the note shreds in the wastbasket,yikes now what do i do??do i have to redo this part again ? duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/18/18 08:25 PM

Is there any way you can go back and get the note shreds in the wastebasket?

I am not going to be around this afternoon, so I hope you will be able to figure it out. Good luck.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/19/18 01:48 AM

thanks, yes I was able to get back in the safe and get the shreded note put the note back together and off to day5 . thumbsup joy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/19/18 02:08 AM

That's great news. smile

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 12:07 AM

but I went to bastion of sanity,i don't have every thing in my invatory that i need like my match ,cigarette ,vial..now what do i do ???? woozy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 12:14 AM

Hopefully you can go back and get them.

The game does not progress to the next chapter unless you have done everything you need to on any given day, so it should be possible.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 01:49 AM

every thing is messed up ,can't save , can't get the things i want ,keep getting zapped .i give up. hardwall i think i need a saved game close to day 6 duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 02:27 AM

I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to save your game (unless you have exceeded the number the game allows, in which case you would need to delete some of them).

I don't have any saved games for Under a Killing Moon.

Have you tried using the hint system to see what it tells you?

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 02:57 AM

thanks , yes i did delete all except 5,and i did use the hint , so if i travel back to a saved game that has what i need and get it i can travel back to the place i need that will work ? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 03:02 AM

That should work, yes. It takes some patience. sherlock

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 03:33 AM

thats my middle name . lol

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 03:39 AM

You are generally very persistent, which does require patience. smile

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 07:51 PM

i went back and got match but when i got back to bastion of santity i don't have it and i need it to combine with cigarette &viril power .now what ?? duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 07:59 PM

Are you sure that it isn't in your inventory? If there is a lot of inventory, you may need to use a down arrow to access the rest of it.

Otherwise, if there was some glitch where the match disappeared, which seems very unlikely - in the event that this occurred, I would redo everything and check that the match is in inventory when you are close to the bastion of sanctity and then save the game.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 10:43 PM

now when i save a game it over rides a older save game , so is i go back say to supervisers room it is before the security sweep is locked up and i keep getting zapped ..i can't find the safe or the viral power .this is crazy. smashpc

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 11:05 PM

If a new save is overriding an older save, then it sounds like you have run out of available save game slots and need to delete some older saved games.

You need to follow the walkthrough step by step in order to make sure that you don't miss anything important. I can't really think of any new advice to give you that I haven't already stated, including watching a YouTube video to see how you get through this particular section of the game.

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/20/18 11:22 PM

thanks I will go back and see what i can do. wave2 well i was messing around and go a old saved game now at the end of day 6 ,cool huh. joy

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/21/18 12:45 AM

That sounds good. smile

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/21/18 11:34 PM

well I just finished it ,is the overseer a good one ? is there any timed parts? praise

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/22/18 12:16 AM

Congratulations. I have not played Overseer, but people who like Tex Murphy games seem to like it very much. I don't know whether there are timed parts, although there are usually some tricky parts in these games. wave

Re: Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon. - 09/22/18 12:19 AM

thank you so much. thumbsup praise
© 2024 GameBoomers Community