GB HOMEPAGE

Tex Murphy : Overseer

Posted By: deleterman

Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/22/18 07:43 PM

just started game,getting around and getting things very hard,and the controls hard to use .what walkthrough is the best to use ??? duh jumped in to game ,not to bad... rolleyes
Posted By: Marian

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 04:33 PM

I really don't know which is the best walkthrough to use.

Here is one of them.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 05:57 PM

thank you , that is the one that i'm using , thumbsup praise

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 07:40 PM

well at Carl Linsky's warehouse just used the passcard reader on the computer,where is the passcard ?? i went back to tex's office -what do i do now ? woozy duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 08:12 PM

The walkthrough tells you what to do next.

Quote:
Carl Linsky's Warehouse

Open the middle drawer of the filing cabinet, and get the fax from "S.F." Examine it Open the bottom drawer and get the project notes, examine them. Look at the computer Open the top drawer of the drafting table. Get and Examine the news paper article. now open the middle drawer, and get and examine the direct deposit slips.] Find and move the corkboard. Get and examine the "Hip S.O.B." note. Now get and examine the note from Wanda Peck in the tray on the desk.

Move the pillow on the cot, then get and examine the bottle of sleeping polls. Open the box on the floor and get the circuit kit. Get and open the first aid kit on the wall. Find and examine the security card pieces (one is missing.) Climb up the ladder and move
the boxes to see the calendar. Move the calendar to see the safe. Now move the safe and enter the combination from the domino puzzle (for those of you who cheated the number is 498.) Get all the stuff out of the safe, and examine it. Now use the passcard reader on the computer. Travel to Tex's Office.

Tex's Office

Turn on the Vid-phone. Play the message from Sylvia. This triggers a movie. You end up at the North Hill Clinic.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 08:24 PM

yeah did all that but when i go to tex office and click on this vid phone i get nothing ..??

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 09:06 PM

It sounds like you must have missed a step, then. Since I don't know what you have/haven't done, you will just need to look things over to see what you might have missed.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 09:15 PM

thanks,ok will do that, praise thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/23/18 10:09 PM

Good luck. smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/24/18 01:19 AM

i went way back and still no luck. woozy the only other thing is to restart game...

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/24/18 02:01 AM

Well, I am sorry that I can't be of more help.

Perhaps a restart would be a good idea.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/24/18 04:09 PM

i think i will continue on.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/24/18 04:17 PM

Good luck.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/24/18 08:54 PM

in tex's office ,where is the mouse ? duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/24/18 09:29 PM

Quote:
Now open the bottom left cabinet drawer and get the mouse.

With the control scheme these games have, sometimes you have to angle down/move around a bit to be able to see everything that is in a drawer.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/24/18 11:54 PM

cool got Raymand.thanks . praise joy but I still can't make any head way ,I just keep going around and around.????

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/25/18 12:26 AM

Just take your time and have fun. smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/25/18 02:03 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO GET TO -north hill clinic,still stuck in tex office . duh

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/25/18 02:18 AM

If it has shown up on your map, you can go there. Is it on your map yet?

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/25/18 05:38 PM

no it's not , now what ? this game is not fun anymore. hardwall insane

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/25/18 06:43 PM

If it's not on your map, then there is something else you should have done that you haven't done yet. Does this Tex Murphy have a built-in hint feature? You might want to try that if it does.

If you are following the walkthrough step-by-step, I really can't see why you are having so many problems.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/25/18 07:04 PM

thanks for your help, I restarted game .will see how it goes now . thumbsup happydance

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/25/18 07:55 PM

Take your time and enjoy. smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 03:53 AM

at Carl Linsky apartment , i need to get manila envelope and get the key ,suicde note and wallet i need to get key 1024..can you help me ?

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 04:25 AM

Is this where you are?

Quote:
It's a good time to head back to Carl Linsky's apartment to have a word with Sylvia. The cut scene involving Sylvia yields Carl's effects from the police station, although you manage to make Sylvia pretty angry. She'll get over it. Examine the effects - the manila envelope contains 2 keys, a copy of the suicide note, and Carl's wallet. Go back up to the attic, proceed to Carl's office, and use the small key (marked 1024) to open the locked credenza. In the top left drawer you will find a lease agreement for some warehouse space complete with address. None of the other drawers contain anything of note.

Or do you need some information before this?

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 04:57 PM

thanks,where is the manila envelope that has the 2 keys ? this is where I'm at.some thing is odd ,I restarted this game but if i go to my saved games my old saves are there ,do i need to change my players name and then restart new game ? woozy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 06:18 PM

Yes, it sounds like if you restart the game you should create a new profile. You can also delete your old saves.

The walkthrough says:

Quote:
After Sylvia leaves, examine the envelope.

I don't know whether she hands you the envelope and it's in your inventory, or whether she has just set it down somewhere. It must be fairly apparent, though, or the walkthrough would specify where exactly the envelope is.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 07:43 PM

thanksit looks like thats what i will have to do,restart with a new players name and get rid of the old saved games.and start a new . wave2
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 08:29 PM

You are seriously the most persistent and patient gamer. Good luck and keep having fun at it!

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 08:36 PM

well thank you ,it's a fun game.i'm like a dog with a bone .i guess . duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 11:36 PM

ok back to getting the manila envelope with the 2 keys-suicide note -and carls wallet.how and where do i get them ??? duh thanks.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/26/18 11:39 PM

It sounds like the best idea at this point would be to take a look at a walkthrough on YouTube.

I am not sure which part of the walkthrough you need to look at, but probably either part one or part two, depending on whether or not you are starting over from the beginning.

Overseer walkthrough

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/27/18 03:42 AM

well it looks like every thing is good now ,got all the things in the envelope now up in the attic .cool huh . joy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/27/18 04:17 AM

Glad you are moving along now. smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/27/18 10:33 PM

well just hit a snag,was at carl linsky warehouse ,did and got every thing ,went back to tex office but no message from Sylvia ?? now what ???

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/27/18 10:41 PM

As long as you actually turned on the vid-phone and there was no message to play, then my suggestion would be to continue watching the video walkthrough up to this part in order to figure out what you missed.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 12:13 AM

i did that ,i checked every thing ,no luck ,i don't know what to do ?? woozy headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 12:31 AM

I don't either. An earlier GameBoomers hint post says this:

Quote:
I forget what the trigger for Sylvia is to be honest. Just keep doing stuff and once in a while go back and check to see if the vid phone message light is blinking.

Apart from that, is there any way for you to continue without checking the message, and come back to it later in the chapter? Also, have you made sure that you have exhausted all dialogue options with all characters up to this point? That could also be why the video message is not there. That is just one of the reasons why you might not have the video message yet. Unfortunately there's no way for me to know what you have done/haven't done, so hopefully you will be able to figure it out.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 01:48 AM

thanks for that info ,i will try that . wave

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 02:38 AM

Good luck. Sorry I can't be of more help. Also check out the hint offered by the game if you haven't done so already.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 03:27 AM

i went back and redone from start checked every thing ,same no message from Sylvia .nada . woozy this is the third time . duh hardwall

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 03:56 AM

Did you watch the entire video walkthrough up to that point?

Did you examine all of your inventory items and did you ask Delores Lightbody about everything?

It would seem that you are missing something, but it's impossible for me to know what that is.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 07:40 PM

yes i did,#2 yes i did,thanks for your help . woozy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/28/18 11:19 PM

Not that this will necessarily be of any help, but UHS also has hints for Overseer here.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/29/18 12:23 AM

been playing this game for a week now and haven't made it to day 2 at this rate it will take me a year to get to the end. duh i have went back and restarted a few times and still ending up stumped . hardwallthere has to be a easyer tex murphy game. thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/29/18 12:32 AM

What I am not understanding is why you can't get to day two if you are following a walkthrough (written or video) to the letter. I have been stuck in games before but looking at the walkthrough I was always able to get past my problem, although some times were trickier than others. I think there's some kind of misunderstanding here, maybe even an interface/controls misunderstanding problem, but it's frustrating for me because I can't see for myself what is going on.

I only played this game once many years ago, but I did not think it was any more difficult than Pandora Directive and Under a Killing Moon.

If I had a saved game I would gladly pass it on, but I don't have any saved games for Overseer.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/29/18 12:38 AM

thank you for everything , i guess that i will have to restart a new game and check every thing . thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/29/18 01:32 AM

I am so very sorry that I am unable to help you out more.

If it gets to be too much and too frustrating, I would suggest moving on to something else and maybe trying it again at a later date. Time spent gaming is supposed to be relaxing, not ulcer-inducing! smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/29/18 06:36 PM

off and running - made it to C.A.P.R.I.C.R.N.Then to Deloris.then to tex office,saved there and then the game crashed ...is that going to mess the game up????? Well it didn't now at the fresno office ,so far alls good. thumbsup

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/29/18 08:01 PM

Very good news. smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/30/18 03:27 AM

well now at the Anasazi ruin,at the puzzle board , want to use the bypass -911,how do i do that ?? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/30/18 03:41 AM

I am not sure, but maybe you just type 911 or type 911 and hit enter? The walkthroughs I have looked at don't elaborate beyond saying that the cheat code for all puzzles is 911.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 09/30/18 05:31 PM

thanks -do i need to fine all the bricks first ?? headscratch i think so ,any way made it to the Anasazi Corridor.. yes joy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 12:30 AM

YIKES ,now at the big surf lodge . i need to combine tap measure and magnet ,where do i get a magnet ??? duh headscratch please send help soon.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 12:59 AM

The walkthrough says that the magnet is in Bosworth Clark's lab, alongside the list next to the equipment table.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 01:09 AM

thanks i found it and put tape and magnet together . now how do i get back to the big surf lodge with the tape measure with the magnet to get the key?? every time i jump to the lodge i don't have the tape with magnet.?? how do i do it ?? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 01:14 AM

That doesn't make sense to me. If it's in your inventory, it should still be in your inventory when you go to Big Surf Lodge, unless you have restored to an earlier saved game prior to when you had it.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 03:08 AM

well i went back and got the tape & magnet and now moveing to val davis lab i still have the tape with magnet.so far so good, thanks

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 03:13 AM

Sounds good. smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 06:52 PM

now at the big surf lodge , was in the closet hiding slade went in to the kitchen i step out and enter the bathroom and i hide in the shower got in to the tub but he comes back and shots me ,what do i need to do ??? duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 07:44 PM

It sounds like if you don't do everything just right, it's curtains time.

Follow these steps to the letter:

Quote:
SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
It is very important you save your game here. Turn right and look at the key on the counter top. In inventory, combine the tape measure and the magnet. Use to get the key. Turn back towards door, and use key. Open door and enter. Look at briefcase on bed.

Turn around and close door.
Get the wallet off the table. Examine it to get the contents, and put it back. You can examine the item you found later.
Open door and go in to the kitchen.
Open the top right drawer by the sink and get the bottle of mickey's. Close the drawer.
Turn around so you can see the couch. Move the pillow, and get the chart, move the pillow back.
Go back to bedroom and open the closet next to glass doors. Enter the closet, and close the doors behind you.
Get the clothes and examine them. Put them back.
By now the phone should ring. Stay hidden in the closet until Slade goes into the kitchen
Open closet doors and step out, close them behind you.
Open the bathroom doors and enter. Open the curtains around the shower, and get in tub.
Turn around and get clothes. Examine them and put them back.
Now it says Slade is coming back.
Close the shower curtains and duck down until he leaves again.
Open the curtains and step out of the tub.
Open the door and go into the bedroom.
Use the handcuff key on the briefcase. This gets you the brief case.
Now open the glass doors and HIGH TAIL IT OUT OF THERE.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 08:22 PM

thanks , just a quick question -how do i duck down in the tub? duh how do i get the hand cuff key ??

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/02/18 10:20 PM

I can't remember the controls for sure, but for crouching I think you either use the Control key or the down arrow key.

The walkthrough says this about the handcuff key:

Quote:
Q : How can I unlock the cuffs on the suitcase ?
A : The key is in his coat in the bathroom. As soon as Slade walks to the kitchen, go quickly to the bathroom. Get his coat and search it. Don't forget to put it back. This will call back Slade. Move the curtain on the bathtub. Hide behind it and close the curtain again. Wait until Slade comes back to the kitchen. Get out and use the key to unlock the suitcase.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/04/18 07:37 PM

thanks , now can i save game after i go in the sliding door and look at the briefcase ? duh headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/04/18 08:34 PM

It all depends on whether you have time or not. If you don't, the save won't be of any use to you if it ends up being a game over. You will just have to experiment, I think. It never hurts to try as long as you have earlier saves not too far back that you can reload if necessary.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/04/18 11:44 PM

thanks ,i have a save just after i opened the door.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/05/18 12:24 AM

Good.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/05/18 12:58 AM

just hit a bump,i closet just got mail box key put clothes back but i leave and the game ends .??? woozy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/05/18 01:15 AM

Are you still in the Big Surf Lodge or are you past that part? If you are still in the Big Surf Lodge, you need to follow the steps exactly from the walkthrough portion that I posted earlier.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/05/18 01:50 AM

thanks yes still in big surf lodge .

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/05/18 01:59 AM

It sounds like if you don't do everything just right, it's curtains time.

Follow these steps to the letter:

Quote:
SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
It is very important you save your game here. Turn right and look at the key on the counter top. In inventory, combine the tape measure and the magnet. Use to get the key. Turn back towards door, and use key. Open door and enter. Look at briefcase on bed.

Turn around and close door.
Get the wallet off the table. Examine it to get the contents, and put it back. You can examine the item you found later.
Open door and go in to the kitchen.
Open the top right drawer by the sink and get the bottle of mickey's. Close the drawer.
Turn around so you can see the couch. Move the pillow, and get the chart, move the pillow back.
Go back to bedroom and open the closet next to glass doors. Enter the closet, and close the doors behind you.
Get the clothes and examine them. Put them back.
By now the phone should ring. Stay hidden in the closet until Slade goes into the kitchen
Open closet doors and step out, close them behind you.
Open the bathroom doors and enter. Open the curtains around the shower, and get in tub.
Turn around and get clothes. Examine them and put them back.
Now it says Slade is coming back.
Close the shower curtains and duck down until he leaves again.
Open the curtains and step out of the tub.
Open the door and go into the bedroom.
Use the handcuff key on the briefcase. This gets you the brief case.
Now open the glass doors and HIGHTAIL IT OUT OF THERE.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/06/18 07:30 PM

ok made it to knott's cabin,saved it here,now is this a timed sequence ????after knott's get shot ??

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/06/18 08:29 PM

I can't really tell, to be honest. It sounds like you need to be quite careful, at least.

Quote:
SAVE YOUR GAME HERE
After he gets shot and you can play again, stay down as low as you can. Get the key by Knotts body, and go to the bedroom. Use the key on the closet to get the clothes. In inventory, combine the clothes with the Blow up Doll. Now go back towards the front door and flip the switch next to it. This opens up the skylight.

Now open the right closet door in the kitchen and get the rope that is hanging in there. Go over to the fireplace and get the log. In inventory combine the rope with the log. Use the Doll on the window. As soon as they say they are coming in, use the makeshift grappling hook on the skylight, and watch Tex's Drastic escape. Now travel to Tex's Office.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/06/18 08:47 PM

thanks ,we will see . praise thumbsup wave2

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/06/18 08:59 PM

Good luck! smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/06/18 11:39 PM

I don't think it's timed but like you said you have to be very careful,well made it out of there now at Eve Clements place . bravo

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/07/18 12:07 AM

Nice going. wave

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 03:39 AM

ATthe Gideon's gallery .every time i use the long pole on chandelier the game stops.now what ?

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 03:51 AM

This is a known bug. I have read about this solution on other forums over the years. The solution is: prior to attempting this part, go into game options and mute the midi sound option. Play through this part, and then you can go back into the sound options and use the midi again after that.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 05:01 AM

THANKS. praise that is really odd. urock joy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 03:00 PM

I agree it's a weird one. Fortunately I have seen it mentioned enough times over the years that I knew what you were describing and remembered that there was a solution.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 05:06 PM

yikes ,what a game , well thanks to you i got to Gideon's Study. praise joy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 05:16 PM

Great! Have fun. smile

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 11:45 PM

sorry i was not logged in, duh in gideon study got the key now it said get the bible off the couch ,can't find it ,i have a bible all ready ,what do i do now?? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/09/18 11:56 PM

I really do not know. I looked at all three walkthroughs here on GameBoomers and I see that a bible gets picked up earlier in the game, which would explain why you already have one in your inventory. And another walkthrough I looked at doesn't even mention a bible on the couch in this part of the game, which puzzles me. I would suggest taking a look at a video walkthrough or just see if you can keep on going the way that you are. And as always, save your game regularly.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/10/18 12:42 AM

thanks,now at the security panel,i press the colour button then click on the number button but nothing happens.. duh

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/10/18 12:54 AM

I am not sure where you are. Is this where you are?

Quote:
Gideon's Hallway

Follow the hallway, then go left. Follow it until you come to another door. Look at it, and the access panel. Enter the code by the ball colors. Open the door and go in.

If this is where you are, it says to enter the code by the ball colors. Is that what you are doing?

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/10/18 03:22 AM

thanks , made it , now in Alcatraz.have moved the 2 bunks beds need to move some bricks.tricky. thumbsup praise joy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/10/18 03:46 AM

You are really moving along. wave

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/11/18 11:46 PM

well i guess so, duh now looking for j,saint fisher . is there any thing that i need to worry about ?? headscratch

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/12/18 12:28 AM

I really don't know. Just remember to save your game at regular intervals.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/12/18 11:48 PM

thanks,didn't like the ending. mad

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 01:19 AM

Aw, after all that you went through, you didn't like the ending? That's frown.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 02:20 AM

Click to reveal..
tex gets shot.no i don't like that . crazy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 03:46 AM

I put spoiler tags around your comment, deleterman, because people reading that who haven't played the game might not appreciate learning that information.

Tesla Effect pretty much picks up where Overseer left off. I think at the time Overseer came out they thought there would be another Tex Murphy game pretty soon after that, and as it turns out there was a wait of about 15 years.

Oldbroad, you really ought to give a Tex Murphy game a try - I would start with either Under a Killing Moon or Pandora Directive. And of course don't forget about Gabriel Knight 2. And I am sorry that you had to read about the ending of Overseer, but fortunately knowing that would not ruin the game.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 04:07 AM

I would have looked under the spoiler tag anyway as I was curious why deleterman didn't like the ending. By the time I ever get around to playing the game, I'll forget anyway. I did note the info you put about the glitch though I may forget I noted it, even though I made a note that I noted it, if that makes sense. The games sound very hard though with all the timed sequences, of which I'm not overly fond of.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 04:29 AM

I am not a fan of timed sequences but these aren't too bad as long as you remember to save your game at regular intervals. I guess I enjoy the rest of these games so much that I find myself more tolerant of them than I would be otherwise.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 03:47 PM

woozywow thats alot, now what is this Gabriel Knight 2 ??

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 04:07 PM

The Gabriel Knight games are a set of 3 adventure games that were made in the 1990s. The first game, Sins of the Fathers, also had a remake a few years ago and you can find it on GOG here. The original game can be found here.

The second game is the one I mentioned above, which is Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within and I believe to be one of the five greatest adventure games ever made; it can be found on GOG here.

The third game in the series can be found here.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 07:14 PM

thanks , just got it , can't wait to start it . joy

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 07:30 PM

Have fun and don't forget to start a new thread for that game.

Re: Tex Murphy : Overseer - 10/13/18 07:43 PM

thank you i will,so far doing good. wave2
© 2024 GameBoomers Community