GB HOMEPAGE

lighthouse the dark being

Posted By: dorish

lighthouse the dark being - 12/20/22 06:42 PM

I am replaying this since I didn't finish it last time around. I have managed to return to Martin's Roost, but I want to go back to the lighthouse to completee the box puzzle. I have looked around for the portal, but can't find it. any ideas?

Thank you,

Doreen
Posted By: Marian

Re: lighthouse the dark being - 12/20/22 06:52 PM

Hi Doreen,

I am hopeful that someone more familiar with this game will come along to help you out. All I can do is refer you to a written or video walkthrough, so let's wait and see. wave12
Posted By: dorish

Re: lighthouse the dark being - 12/22/22 02:43 PM

It's OK, I found my way back.

Doreen

Re: lighthouse the dark being - 12/22/22 02:46 PM

Thanks so much for letting us know, Doreen! Have fun with the game. wave12
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: lighthouse the dark being - 01/02/23 01:14 PM

Just an opinion -

I think Lighthouse is one of the all-time great games. Unfortunately, I can't replay it any more, because my computer is "too modern."

Playing Carol Reed games, you usually get to see Carol's (Mikael's I assume) computer room. Shelves filled with wonderful old games. I have shelves that look just like that, most of them can't play anymore because of 'improved' technology. So sad.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: lighthouse the dark being - 01/02/23 04:29 PM

Tally Ho, many of these games have been tweaked to be able to play them on new computers. I got Shivers 1 last year - which wouldn't run on anything - from GOG. I think I paid about $2 for it and away I went on another adventure in the museum!

Some people also run things like DOS Box to be able to play their old games. There is almost always a way!

Re: lighthouse the dark being - 01/02/23 05:08 PM

I agree with Drac. What with tweaked download versions from GOG as well as DOSBox and other emulators, there is not a single game (DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP and up) I want to play that I can't run on my newest computer now.

And GOG has LIghthouse here. On sale today for $3.59.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community