GB HOMEPAGE

Beyond the Steel Sky

Posted By: sureshot

Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/25/24 07:08 PM

Hi all -

If anyone is playing this game, I could sure use some help... I am having trouble using the Hack device in Graham's Appt. I cannot get the Hologram to show the secret message.

Anyone have some insight? I would really like to get past this part.

Thank you !
Posted By: Marian

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/25/24 07:30 PM

Hi sureshot, I assume you have looked at any walkthroughs that are available including video walkthroughs on YouTube? wave

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/25/24 07:58 PM

Hi Marian - I did look at those including the one on STEAM. My issue is - what that walkthrough is showing, does not match what I have on my screen and I don't know what to do to make it match so I can move on. I will look at other WTs - maybe get a "light bulb".

I believe what I need is to know what the Hack Device should show when I point it to the Holograph device so that I get the secret message. When I do it, all I get is a Bonsai Tree or a diagram of a location that is NOT garbled but shows the toy's location.... I believe it needs to display a message that will allow me to progress.

I hope this makes sense to someone - I am confused. This - TO ME - would have been a pretty good game if not for that Hack thing we need to use. It still is a good game regardless.

I will keep trying of course !

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/25/24 08:10 PM

Good luck, and maybe someone will happen along who will be able to help you! Being stuck like that is no fun.

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/26/24 06:23 PM

Marian - I figured it out... To get the message I needed to diplay.. I needed to also read a message ( which I did ) AND LEAVE a certain image on the MINOS terminal - which I didn't do originally.

It is a very good game but, for me anyway, the "hack" device could have been integrated a little better. smirk

Oh well.. onward we go ! thumbsup

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/26/24 06:38 PM

Good for you for figuring it out. I have seen other comments to the effect that the hack device was annoying but that the rest of the game makes up for it.

Onward and upward! thumbsup

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/29/24 07:43 PM

Marian

I was able to finish the game ! If it were not for the Hacking device, this would have been one great game. It really got hold of my attention and the game play itself was top-notch.... the only negative was the overuse of that device !! woozy

Anyway -- Game Over !! bravo

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/29/24 08:07 PM

Congratulations on finishing the game! And thank you also for your thoughts on the game. thumbsup
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/29/24 08:20 PM

Same thing Marian said!

Re: Beyond the Steel Sky - 01/29/24 11:06 PM

My Pleasure !! wave
Next up -- Firmament woozy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community