GB HOMEPAGE

Drowned God Save - Help

Posted By: Mad

Drowned God Save - Help - 07/27/03 06:03 AM

Hi.

My daughter is playing this game and really enjoying it but has now encountered a bug and unfortunately I can't help her myself frown

She is at the end of the second world, Chesed, and at the point of entering the third world, Din, but everytime she tries to go there, she gets sent to the wrong place wave
Posted By: Rckasea

Re: Drowned God Save - Help - 07/27/03 03:19 PM

Hello Mad,
I was looking though my notes on chesed.
Questions:
You have solved the nine man morris puzzle,the hardest puzzle in all games. My opinion only.
You have solved the slab puzzle also. Wow!!!!
Anyhow, after the upper level, control room and cabin,now in the lower level to teleporter. Also,
you have the Scorpio map, Morse Code Chart and Genesis Code,Yes? The rod of Osiris puzzle is last. You are at the Bequest Globe now,yes?
Time to use the Tarot cards.
Remember 1 or 9 hot spots to open doors. High Priestess(II) map code(5),Empress(III) code (9) and agin 5 and 9 after poem, pentagonal Din symbol click on the 5 hotspot to to
Posted By: Mad

Re: Drowned God Save - Help - 07/28/03 02:48 AM

Hi smile

Rckasea....

I have just heard from my daughter and unfortunately she had already done everything you described and feels sure her problem is being caused by a bug - so she definitely needs a save game to get past this glitch.
Just have to keep searching for one, I suppose.
But thanks VERY much for trying to help laugh

MaG....

Yes. We are very lucky here at Gameboomers with regard to the class of people that are members [and moderators wink ].
No other place like it that I know of happydance

Cheers.

Mad wave
Posted By: mrbill

Re: Drowned God Save - Help - 07/31/03 02:13 AM

Hi Mad,

There are two patches: one for hang ups when re-visiting Morgana (you're past this area) and the other big patch mostly takes care of major problems in the last third of the game - like buildings disappearing that you need to re-visit, etc (sounds like your daughter needs it, we did). I'm not sure that a saved game will work here, but I could be wrong.

It is important to first save you saved games before installing the patch. To save your games go into DrownGod folder and find the saved games and an index file (contains the names you gave your saved games). The saved games are dgsave0.dat to dgsave5.dat if you have saved six games. The index file is dgnames.dat.

Before you start any of this write down the names of your saved games (exactly as they appear - caps and all). To read them just go to restore (or load), write them down (again exactly) and then cancel.

You need to create a new folder on the drive Drowned God is on [Like (C:)] but not within the DrownGod folder. You can call this folder Temporary1 in case you already have a folder on this drive called Temporary. Then Move all the saved games into this folder. To be safe first make a copy of all these files (saved games and index file) onto a 3 1/2 inch disc. After you load the patches then you can move these files back into the DrownGod folder. First check and see if the installation of the patch created a new index file (dgnames.dat). I don't think it will until you go to save a game again, but I'm not sure. Anyway if it creates a new one delete it and then move all your files (saved games and index file) back into the DrownGod folder.

Let me know if you need more specific instructions for any of this.

I also have some saved games, but don't know which is which so I would have to send all of them to you plus the index file that goes with them.

I think I just answered your daughter on our Chat Board. smile

Cheers,

Bill
Posted By: granny

Re: Drowned God Save - Help - 08/02/03 07:42 PM

Don't you have to get turned around (or something) in the field to change the gateway destinations? Seems I read this in one of the other threads.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community