GB HOMEPAGE

riven

Posted By: same

riven - 10/05/03 09:27 PM

i hope someone can help me i am in the room that turns around and the one with the gate that you can go under and i keep getting lost i have been in the room with the steam vent but cant get into any of the other ones can some one help me this is the beginning of the game and i am already stumped
Posted By: MaG

Re: riven - 10/05/03 09:39 PM

In the steam vent room - Look down to close the vent and redirect the steam. Back up the tunnel and look, a handle and button. Press the button a few times until the blocked exit reveals itself.

Check - walkthrough 1 walkthrough 2 or hints , if you need to know what's next. smile
Posted By: Jenny

Re: riven - 10/05/03 09:40 PM

Same, you can turn the rotating room in such a way that a door opens that you can access by going under that wooden gate. That should open up some new possibilities for you.

If you are into walkthroughs, we have a couple here at GameBoomers...

Re: riven - 10/05/03 10:00 PM

thanks all i got into the golden dome you would never know i played this before

Re: riven - 10/06/03 11:17 PM

i am stuck again i have just finished the moiety age and got the books from tha lady in prison and i am to go back to dome island to do the grid puzzle and i cant figure out how to get to the upper dome level can anyone help me i have left the stone room and returned back to the jail it says that on the left is a lever which raises the walkway when i do that i dont know where to go help
Posted By: bigmamma1

Re: riven - 10/07/03 01:32 AM

First you have to raise the walkway(lever)
Now, head for very top of this island where the tree stumps are. go past stump with axe on it. ride car through tunnel to boiler house island.
go around boiler house, up ladder to balcony, go thru double doors. close doors. go thru right hand passage along walkway past Ghen's lab. and over long footbridge to dome. enter dome, make 1st left and go back outside. (walkway bridge has been raised) go thru pentagonal room.turn around, press button twice to rotate room to walkway.go thru room and up walkway to top of dome.

I vaguely remember this part of the game-here are the notes i have about this-hope it helps.

Re: riven - 10/07/03 03:59 AM

i am still not having any luck i go into the dome and turn around and pull the lever and then do all that but i think i am messing up at the pentagonal room when i get back the bridge isnat raised and if i raise the lever right before the long walk bridge it still doesnt work

Re: riven - 10/07/03 01:43 PM

i am using the walkthrough on your site by graham i have done the rebal base and am now in the main dome and i have went past the stump with the ax and jumped into the mine cart and did all that but its not happening for me i am doing something wrong can anyone help

Re: riven - 10/07/03 03:03 PM

You might have missed pulling one of the levers or have not done the puzzle correctly. Best to backtarck to see what you've missed.

Re: riven - 10/08/03 02:32 AM

HELP
i started this game over and i have gotten up to the slider in the dome and my numbers are 4,1,2,4,5 and i cant seem to get them to work what am i doing wrong

Re: riven - 10/08/03 02:51 AM

Do you have the power turned on to the linking books yet, Same...

Re: riven - 10/08/03 03:02 AM

i am not sure which way i go on the slider left to right or right to left hope someone can help
me

Re: riven - 10/08/03 03:26 AM

As I remember, you take the last slider on the right and move it first...

Re: riven - 10/08/03 04:20 AM

i am still having trouble my numbers 4,1,2,4,5, do i put them in like 4,1,2,4,5 or 5,4,2,1,4 and each line in between the longer lines represent the numbers like 1-5 right or am i really confused

Re: riven - 10/08/03 04:23 AM

Same, I'm suspicious that your numbers aren't correct--have you been to the schoolhouse...

Re: riven - 10/08/03 12:58 PM

yes and i did the fish game

Re: riven - 10/08/03 01:26 PM

Since this part is random and only you can check if the numbers you got are correct --- maybe - long shot - did you press the button after entering the numbers?

Re: riven - 10/08/03 01:36 PM

i have started this game twice and i have been to the school i dont know what i have done wrong but i dont know if i will start it again

Re: riven - 10/08/03 01:39 PM

yes i have press this button i got the numbers from the jounal i went back to the school and didnt find anything that i did wrong this is the second walkthrough i have tried i also have been to uhs but cant seem to get it to working i guess if i need to finish i will have to start over again
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: riven - 10/08/03 01:53 PM

same.......

I'm going to jump in here just for the heck of it! laugh

When I played the game the numbers used in the Dome were 9 11 15 20 21. It varies with each time you start a new game, I believe.

To set the numbers (whatever they might be at the time)............
There are five sliders to the left of the markings. You must move the right hand slider to the number at the far right of the group of numbers.
The second slider from the right goes to the second from the right number of the group.

Using my numbers, they would look (left to right) as written above- 9 11 15 20 21
You can transpose your numbers for these, of course.

It is not possible to reverse their order.

One important question. Did you get your numbers from the WT (might not work) or did you derive them from learning the numbers in the game in the school house?

If I've repeated anything here you've already heard it's because I, myself, got a bit confused trying to keep up with all the previous posts!! laugh laugh
Posted By: MacDee

Re: riven - 10/08/03 02:03 PM

Yep, BillyBob is correct. The numbers change each time you start the game. wink

~Dee

Re: riven - 10/08/03 08:08 PM

i got the number from the fish game but the symbols was from the wooden balls throuout the game am i going to have to start this over again

Re: riven - 10/08/03 08:37 PM

i am going to try to draw a picture of the symbols
just remember all of these are in boxes maybe i am figuring the #s wrong
1- small box on right corner bottom
2- box with line in middle from top to bottom
3- half circle on left side
4- small box on right corner bottom same as 1
5- box with line across from side to side
that is the symbols in the journal
Posted By: Bert

Re: riven - 10/08/03 10:29 PM

I think you have the numbers for the star fisure, from catherines journal. The numbers you want I think, are in Gehns journal, in his lab.....
Posted By: BillyBob

Re: riven - 10/08/03 11:43 PM

It appears Bert is right since your figures are not going from lower to higher figures......as I show in my previous post. To repeat, for the Dome you cannot have a higher figure before a lower figure so it indeed appears the numbers you have are NOT for the Dome. As Bert said, the figures for the Dome are taken from the Lab book. laugh

Just went back and looked at some notes....
I have five symbols in from the Orbs imbedded here and there in the game:
(1) From the Lab.
(2) From he Whale Rock
(3) From the Sand-box
(4) From the Beach at the Tree Island
(5) From some other location, apparently, on the Tree Island
These appear to be the numbers you are talking about but although I don't recall their significance I do know they are not for the Domes. It might be they are what Bert said.

Forgive the names I gave these but I think you'll know where I'm talking about with each one. I played the game without a WT so I do not know what names the WT prople (or game maker) gave them.

Re: riven - 10/09/03 12:24 AM

i went back to a previous save at the lab and got the new #s bert you were right so now i have put them in and got the linking book thanks everyone i am really grateful for all the help i might need you again tho

Re: riven - 10/09/03 01:37 AM

bert was right i went back and got the right numbers and got throught that part of the walkthrough thanks everyone
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: riven - 10/14/03 04:45 AM

Granny,
Down the shore is the expression people from northern New Jersey say when they're coming to our shore towns in central NJ for vacation. The conversation might go something like this:

"Hey, Joe? Where ya goin' this weekend?"
"Down the shore. Wanna come?"

My hometown is Lavallette, a small shore community, but I'm living further inland and a bit south now.

TIMELAPSE Easter Egg:
Turn around 180 degrees from where you arrive on Easter Island and walk down the path. Pass the statue where you find the diary and continue until you get to the first bend in the road (have to turn). When you turn around and look back along the path, you'll see the statue's head at the top of the rise and to the left of the path. Hold down the Control (PC) or Command (Mac) key, click the head, and watch what happens. laugh

Lady K.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community