GB HOMEPAGE

Circle Of Blood

Posted By: Linda H

Circle Of Blood - 06/29/03 02:16 AM

I am at the excavation site in Ireland,and previously I had wet the towel and turned the faucet off, but George mentioned that the faucet dripped. I went back to the site and tried to wet the plaster that was put down in the holes, but George kept mentioning that the towel was barely damp! I kept returning back to the pup and soaking the towel, remembering to turn the faucet off. Still the same, the towel is almost dry! What can I do to get the towel wet enough to
moisten the plaster? Please give me an idea of what I forgot to do!

Thanks!
Posted By: MaG

Re: Circle Of Blood - 06/29/03 02:25 AM

Hi Linda,

This is one of those puzzles that measures the amount of steps you take from one place to another. So once you wet the towel in the Pub's faucet - be sure to NOT take any UNnecessary steps. It can be done. Just very irritating.

wave MaG
Posted By: Mad

Re: Circle Of Blood - 06/29/03 04:14 AM

Hi smile

I'm re-playing this game myself yet again at the moment and just did that very puzzle laugh

Turn the faucet back full on to wet the towel and then leave it on (wasting water eek ) and go directly back to the castle to do the stuff with the plaster of paris.

That worked for me !! wave
Posted By: JohnBoy

Re: Circle Of Blood - 06/29/03 12:27 PM

But if you leave the water on, draining all the water, you cant rewet the towel if it dries out by the time you get back to the plaster. So if you try this be sure to save your game before.

Re: Circle Of Blood - 07/05/03 12:26 AM

I am at the church in Montfaucon, and the priest is polishing the chalice. I right clicked on the cross symbol, George mentioned that the statue was holding a staff and a scroll. I clicked on the scroll, and saw the one area of the stained glass window. Then used the lens on the scroll, but George walked over to the stained windows. So far he hasn't seen that important date-1314. When George goes over to the priest to get the chalice, he says that the priest isn't finished polishing it. What did I forget to do. I can't get George to look at the manuscript to see the date. Please give me a hint as to what I forgot to do.

Thanks,
Linda
Posted By: MaG

Re: Circle Of Blood - 07/05/03 12:46 AM

It's been a while since I played this but getting the lens on the correct part of the scroll at the statues hand is picky. Move it slowly and see if you click the lens on it will cause the priest to talk when George goes to him.

Try this --- Right-click on the statue of the knight holding the staff and the scroll. Use the lens on the scroll. Talk to the priest,

Good luck,
MaG
Posted By: Witchen

Re: Circle Of Blood - 07/05/03 07:35 PM

HI Linda.......Mag's right. You specifically have to click on the cross symbol on the statue's chest as below:

WARNING SPOILER:

Right click on the cross symbol on the statue's chest. George should say something about the statue ..."holding a staff and a scroll."
Note: If you don't right click, you will be in the church for a long, long time. smile
Then, right click on the manuscript. You will get a gears icon and will see a close up of one area of the big stained glass windows.
Posted By: fov

Re: Circle Of Blood - 07/09/03 04:14 AM

hi linda -- i just played through this and didn't have any problems. you can't just click on the manuscript... you have to use the lens to make a telescope.

here's what you have to do:

*spoiler*

-select the lens from your inventory (the one you picked up in syria)
-put your cursor over the manuscript. you should get a gears icon but the lens should still be connected to your cursor
-click. george should fit the lens into the bottom of the manuscript.

not sure if this automatically shows you what you need to see, or if you then need to click on the manuscript again. you will see a close-up of part of the stained glass window.

if you're still having trouble, i can send you a saved game.

-emily

Re: Circle Of Blood - 07/09/03 11:38 PM

Thanks MaG & Emily,
I had no idea that you had to use the lens from the manuscript. I thought that once the curser turned into a lens! When I took the lens out of my inventory and put it over the manuscript, I saw the date and the knight in the stained glass window. Everything turned out okay and I talked to the priest and he returned the chalice to me with some information about it!

Onto the neaxt part!

Thanks for the help!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community