GB HOMEPAGE

Druids: Can't get Captain's name

Posted By: RussMyer

Druids: Can't get Captain's name - 06/02/02 04:12 AM

Have talked with the fisherman, at least a dozen times. He never does tell me the full name of the Captain. Can
Posted By: acornia

Re: Druids: Can't get Captain's name - 06/02/02 04:21 AM

Try bein friendly and talk about fishing and his rod first.
Posted By: RussMyer

Re: Druids: Can't get Captain's name - 06/02/02 05:08 AM

I have literally exhausted the topics. He does not mention the rod any longer. I already talked to him about all of that. But, he never gives me the captains name (full name; just one name, only). The captain does not tell me much. This game has given me so much trouble, what with almost impossible details, etc. I may just put it on the Trading POst!! Thanks. Doc
Posted By: tigger

Re: Druids: Can't get Captain's name - 06/02/02 08:19 AM

You can go back and ask again about certain topics, in one case you are told that he is difficult to talk to, you have to ask the fisherman how to handle him...

Hugs

Tig wave
Posted By: Maritje

Re: Druids: Can't get Captain's name - 06/02/02 12:42 PM

Did you open the gate at the cemetary? Did you look around in there?

This game is tricky in that it seems you must do things in a certain order otherwise you get a freeze. I've had quite a few and it is irksome at best.

Save often. By going back and trying to do other things......you get more dialogue.

I'm still muddling through but managing much better by saving often.

Good Luck and don't give up

wink
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Druids: Can't get Captain's name - 06/03/02 10:08 PM

I found you had to talk to the fisherman about fishing in your very first conversation with him. If you've already talked to him about something else, you can't go back to that topic. I had to reload a saved game, take the boat trip again, and ask the fisherman about fishing as soon as I got off the boat.
Posted By: MOUSEPOLICE

Re: Druids: Can't get Captain's name - 06/03/02 10:49 PM

I got stuck in exactly the same spot.
The Captain wouldn't reveal his name.
I finally walked out of that scene to the old castle ruins.
Had a look round there for a while then returned to the quay side to talk to fisherman and captain and was then finally able to get captain's name.
Try that and see what happens!!!!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community