GB HOMEPAGE

Uru Game

Posted By: VHLMagic

Uru Game - 12/02/03 12:14 PM

Hi all,

Is this game just online or can you play it alone off-line?
I did a search but couldn't find the answer to my question.
I see a lot of people have had a lot of problems with it and am not sure its worth getting it at all.
I probably don't have all the requirements for it anyway.
Posted By: Footprint

Re: Uru Game - 12/02/03 02:37 PM

Yep, it's on CD. There are some tough puzzles in it. The graphics and 3D and voices are superb.

You can switch off a lot of features to get it running on machines a little below 1GHz but apparently you need XP or win2000 according my booklet and 256MB of memory
Posted By: VHLMagic

Re: Uru Game - 12/03/03 11:17 AM

Hi,

Well I have Windows 98 so I guess I won't be playing it for now.

I meant...can I play it by myself off line because there are other games that you have to buy the CD and then you have to pay again to play it on line. I don't think you can play them by yourself like most games.
Posted By: Becky

Re: Uru Game - 12/03/03 12:09 PM

VHLMagic -- yes, the Uru game can be played without involving the online component at all. The game itself is standalone. You can also register to play online through Uru Live if you want to, but there is still plenty of game to enjoy if you never choose to sign up for the online portion.
Posted By: GeeGee

Re: Uru Game - 12/03/03 10:51 PM

Hope someone can help me here. When I exit the game and then start again, I don't seem to be able to get back to where I was. I stopped where I had just touched the 5th Journey cloth in pathway where I passed an orange light on the floor and then went outside to a telescope where I needed to find a ladder. Thanx in advance smile
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Uru Game - 12/03/03 11:03 PM

When you start the game again it takes you to Relto. There you have open the book of the Age where you left off, and touch the page with the journey cloth.

You then link back to your last journey, where everything you did before you quit is still done. You might have to retrace your steps, a little bit, to get to the exact spot where you quit, but you shouldn't have to redo any tasks.
Posted By: SuMac

Re: Uru Game - 12/03/03 11:09 PM

One more hint: the best time to quit playing is right after you find and activate a Journey cloth. That way, when you start again, you won't have to repeat anything.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community