GB HOMEPAGE

Thorgal

Posted By: pearl

Thorgal - 12/05/03 11:34 PM

Hello

I'm playing Thorgal and I'm in The Laboratory. I found all items following Tally Ho's walkthrough ( thank you smile ) but I can't find the right spot to place the flask under the Distillation Device in order to collect the acid. Whatever I do, the flask stays empty tho I have a lot of time to perform this..

I have no idea how to complete this task and get out of the laboratory.

As a side note I should tell you a funny thing too.
when Vymir was attacking me on the Fortress I just didn't seem to be able to scare him away tho I kept throwing stons at him. He constantly kept killing me, so finally I decided to keep throwing stons at him while I was going backwards and kept throwing stons and struglled to keep him a bit distant from me.. lol.. finally I managged to go to the spot from which he fell off.
That was funny.. I couldn't believe I finally made it laugh

OK. But now I'm really stuck and I can't move further with my game

Please help

Thank you : )
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Thorgal - 12/05/03 11:44 PM

Pearl, and welcome to GameBoomers!

Sometimes checking a different walkthrough will give you another perspective on a problem, and you'll be able to get past it. Here is a quote that may help: SPOILER
*Thorgal must topple over the grille, in order to leave the room and avoid being poisoned to death
- Examine the Metal plate
- Thorgal Commentary: plate corroded by acid
- Take the Crucible
- Take the Green stone
- Take the Glass flask
- Take the Stone bottle
- Combine Crucible and Green stone to obtain Green powder
- Use Green powder and Stone bottle on Bowl to trigger the production of Acid drops
- Use Glass flask on Acid drops to get a Flask of acid
- Use Flask of acid on Grille stopper to open the Laboratory grille and free the passage

Re: Thorgal - 12/05/03 11:58 PM

Heya Jenny and thank you for your quick reply.

I've done everything so far. combined Crucible and Green stone and poured the powder on bowl. then I added the water.
mmm Do you mean I have to combine the powder and water before I use them on the boal?

I'll try that smile

Thank you!

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 12:13 AM

no joy : (

I must be doing something wrong. Just can't seem to be able to collect the dropping acid. Should I be clicking in order for the flask to contain the acid? or just place it under the drops?

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 12:22 AM

Pearl, it's been well over a year since I played this one, and some of the small details have escaped me, but I think you should try clicking the flask on the drops of acid...

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 12:33 AM

Thanks Jenny. I thought so and it's what I'm doing..

Of course I understand it's a relatively old game, and I'm not expecting you to remember every detail.. sorry if it sounded like I did.
I'll just keep trying... I guess eventually I'll get lucky clicking on the right spot : )
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 02:11 AM

Hi Pearl -

I'm studying your words too, and I can't yet discover anything you are doing wrong. It's very late for me, so give me 'til morning - maybe something will 'dawn.'

TH

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 11:42 AM

hi TallyHo

Gladly! : )

Thanks much

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 12:18 PM

You said you're having trouble finding the right place -

Looking at the picture in my Wt, I have circled the distiller, the place where you insert the ingredients. However, the output is to the left of there, at the tip of the coiled tubing. Sort of a little green area. Maybe this is the info you need.

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 08:07 PM

Yes!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you smile

It's the only place I didn't try to click.

finally... : )

Re: Thorgal - 12/06/03 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pearl:
It's the only place I didn't try to click.
Of course, that's the way it always happens! lol

Glad you're on your way to the end of the game...

Re: Thorgal - 12/07/03 04:34 AM

I've just spent all night practicing the game of Runes, and when I finally decided to give it a go "for real" I've lost smile

Think I should get some sleep laugh

Good Night

Re: Thorgal - 12/07/03 12:59 PM

What a bummer! Don't give up, Runes is part skill and part luck. Now that you know how to play, do it again and luck will come.

Re: Thorgal - 12/08/03 08:06 AM

Done and completed the game

Thank you so much for your help Tally Ho
and Jenny : )

Re: Thorgal - 12/08/03 04:54 PM

Good job, Pearl--glad you finally got through it... thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community