GB HOMEPAGE

A question about Titanic

Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

A question about Titanic - 10/26/03 03:08 PM

I just started the game. I'm in the wireless room. I can pick up the message logs okay but if I click on the teleraph the game crashes. Will I at any point in the game need to send a message? If so it looks like I'm going to have a problem.
Posted By: MaG

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/26/03 03:53 PM

Can you try lowering your video-audio acceleration. See if that will stop the game crashes.

If still having problem - post at glitches.

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/26/03 07:37 PM

Should I take that as a "yes" I will need to use the telegraph at some point?
Posted By: Brian

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/26/03 11:41 PM

Yes, you will need to use the telegraph sometime during the game.

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/27/03 02:16 PM

I lowered the graphic acceleration. The game still crashed. So I set the CD-ROM to no read ahead and now the game seems to be running okay. Aslong I keep my cat away from the computer. She jumped on the keyboard then after that I couldn't do anything because whatever I tried to do the game went into pause mode. I couldn't even exit it. I had to do a cntrl-alt-delete to shut the game down then reset windows.

I think I need to back up to a pre-wireless room saved game because before the crashing I found binoculars. Then after I got the game working without crashing I forgot to get the binoculars and now I can't find them.
Posted By: LadyKestrel

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/27/03 06:10 PM

When you first go into the wireless room, you don't have to send a message, but later, you'll have to. Also, the info you get from the wireless room (first trip) can be gained in a more round-about way.

Lady K.

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/27/03 07:04 PM

Well I was just doing what my contact told me to do.
Lot of sub plots. It seems like anytime I take the elevator it leeds to somebody wanting me to find something else for theme.

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/27/03 08:11 PM

You're right, Guy. Everybody wants to chat. The fact that it's non-linear is what makes this game so good. However, the clock moves ahead once you've accomplished the main task(s) in each time frame. Try to do most of your exploring in the early part of the game.

Lady K.

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/27/03 11:37 PM

There's already been a couple of scenes of the ship moving. When I saw those I thought, oh no time must be passing and I haven't done much.

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/28/03 06:34 PM

Don't panic too much. For most of the game, you can spend hours completing a puzzle or task. You trigger the clock to move ahead 15 minutes as you finish each key task. Near the end of the game, time is more critical, so know all the nooks and crannies of the ship by then.

Lady K.
Posted By: MrLipid

Re: A question about Titanic - 10/28/03 07:40 PM

Here's when to panic... smile

Once the mighty ship stops to take on some ice...

Following the collision, the clock is running and you will, as LadyKestrel strongly suggests, need to "know all the nooks and crannies of the ship by then." And all those nooks and crannies include places it'll take some scrambling to reach. Good luck!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community