GB HOMEPAGE

URU: Teledahn--bucket

Posted By: charward2

URU: Teledahn--bucket - 12/17/03 07:28 PM

I want to thank you who have helped with this age. I am now at the bucket and so far I cannot move fast enough to make it inside the bucket. I have followed the directions in the walkthrough but so far the bucket does not stop, just keeps going around. I welcome any suggestions but would love to get a saved game at this place. Don't know whether saved games are even possible in this game.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: URU: Teledahn--bucket - 12/17/03 08:47 PM

I discovered that it's not as much how fast you go to the bucket as how direct a path you take. It's better to practice first so that you know exactly how you want to move.

You need to click on the lever to stop the buckets--getting them stopped in exactly the right spot is a little tricky. Once they are stopped, wait a minute or two before you click to start them up again. Once you hear the machine start, immediately turn and head for the bucket. Doing it this way got me through and into the bucket...
Posted By: msblue

Re: URU: Teledahn--bucket - 12/18/03 11:46 AM

Hi, I found the easiest way was as soon as I saw the bucket at the top of the tower I pulled the lever and it came to the right spot and stopped and I jumped in. Can't hesitate when you are ready to jump in though. Just push the left click quickly and jump in. It took me several tries before I got it just right. Don't give up.
Posted By: ces

Re: URU: Teledahn--bucket - 12/18/03 12:44 PM

I "solved" the bucket ride in a funny way. I play the game with the graphics set to the highest quality available on my system. For the bucket ride, I turned the graphics down to the poorest quality - I discovered that I had more "time" to get to the bucket to jump in than I had with them set at the highest quality. As soon as I got inside the building and powered-up the elevator I turned my graphics back up to the highest quality. Good Luck!
Posted By: lasanidine

Re: URU: Teledahn--bucket - 12/25/03 09:23 PM

You can get to the bucket if you pull the lever and than jump down over the steps intstead of running down.
Posted By: Footprint

Re: URU: Teledahn--bucket - 12/26/03 02:06 PM

Hi charward, Some things I used to my success:

1. Play only the bucket stopping scene in 3rd person (use key F1 to select the mode in which you can see yourself walk).

2. Push the handle to get the buckets rolling if they weren't already.

3. In 3rd person you can stand close to the handle so your mouse pointer get's active on it. You should pull the handle as soon as the bucket passes the last support pillar to be sure it stops at the embarkation point.

3. Now switch to 1st person (using F1) and get into a position mid in front of the handle as far from handle as you can but close enough to be able to click it with the active mouse pointer.

4. click the handle (sort of count down can be heard) and best you immediately go back a little by using the back arrow from the keyboard. Then immediately walk (or run) down the stairs to the embarkation spot by using the mouse. You can already click the bucket's opening before being exactly on the spot ... it will automatically play the trip-video as soon as you clicked it.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community