GB HOMEPAGE

Conspiracies - 5 pieces of paper

Posted By: Zanthia

Conspiracies - 5 pieces of paper - 12/30/03 12:48 AM

I have found the 5 pieces of paper at dendrindou's house. how do i manipulate them to put them together. i right click on it and it becomes enlarged. somehow i did get 2 pieces separated but i can't move or roatate them. when i click on each of them or the remainig 3 that are together a red box is around them.

i aslo had a heck of a time trying to rotate the photo from earlier in the game. is it me or am i doing something wrong.
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Conspiracies - 5 pieces of paper - 12/30/03 01:09 AM

Zanthia, everyone agrees that this is a nasty puzzle, due to the difficulty of moving the pieces (not to mention the fact that you can't tell when they are in the correct place). Here is what Bert said about this in a previous thread: "This was a tough one. I think you either left click and drag or right click and drag, to seperate the pieces. Then you hold down the ctrl key and left click and drag to rotate the pieces (sounds complicated, but not really)."

Then Cynch added that the burned piece goes at the end of the note...
Posted By: gameho

Re: Conspiracies - 5 pieces of paper - 12/30/03 02:08 AM

I have tried to do that but I can't! Whenever I right or left click, it just moves that red box around it. Do I have to have the box around the pieces to solve the puzzle? I can't even separate them. I am about ready to cheat to get the code. Does anyone know if that will effect the game? I also have had to "dump" inventory at the apartment because I can't carry it all around. Maybe this effects this, I don't know. I appreciate you guys listening to my whining.

Susan
Posted By: Jenny

Re: Conspiracies - 5 pieces of paper - 12/30/03 02:57 AM

Dumping inventory on the floor is fine--you can also throw it into the wastebasket in your apartment. And the good part of that is that if you are going to need the inventory item later in the game, it won't go into the wastebasket.

For the benefit of anyone who is ready to tear their hair out over this puzzle, I'll give the relevant section of the walkthrough (NOTE: be aware that the number at the very end of the sequence is missing and you will have to experiment to find out what it is): SPOILER
Fit the pieces together, just roughly line them up, to get the correct number. Try it but it won't work! Note that one piece of paper is burnt ... the last number is missing! Enter the sequence into the remote control and experiment to find the final number... 185375. This opens the force fields...
Posted By: Betty Lou

Re: Conspiracies - 5 pieces of paper - 12/30/03 04:17 PM

Bert has given me some advice and I aim to try it today - I think you can just go ahead without worrying about the numbered pieces of paper and assume the order is the same as the walkhthrough says (meaning it is NOT a random puzzle)...good luck, see ya later
Love, Betty Lou laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community