GB HOMEPAGE

MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle

Posted By: BillyBob

MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle - 01/15/04 10:34 PM

I suppose, if I took the time, I might figure this one out but not in the mood. Can someone give me an idea of matching those tiles with the numbers on the sides and top of the squared off square? laugh
Posted By: MaG

Re: MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle - 01/15/04 11:13 PM

BB,

You have white and black tiles.
You have to fill in the black tiles based on the numbers stated on the column on top of the frame.
There are 31 squares in a column.
The number of the white tiles to be placed is deduced from the number stated on that column for the black tiles. ex. if the number is 30 - then 30 black tiles goes in that column and one white tile.
Where the white tile go is now up to you to find out.
You are trying to form a picture of Holmes.

BTW - there's a bypass for this game when you definitely are er... hair challenged. laugh

Favor, BB - when you finish this puzzle - can you do a screen capture. I think it might help others.

Re: MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle - 01/16/04 12:33 AM

Alread hair challenged. Doesn't bother me. lol

O.K., I can understand that if a number is stated at the top of a column then that column has that many black tiles and the rest are all gray. Right?

What if, as there are, more than one number at the top of a column?

What about the numbers to the left, those for the rows?

You're toying with me, aren't you, MaG?? laugh

Re: MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle - 01/16/04 12:46 AM

Hahahahaha! BB, you're one of a kind!

What I wrote is based on what I wrote way back when. So, this is from memory..

The numbers on the side are also the numbers of black tiles for that row and the rest should be your white-grey tiles. So that you can deduce the shape based on the columm-row black tiles.

Now, I really can't remember the double numbers - send me a screen capture of the puzzle so it will jog my memory on the double numbers above.
Wait - would the numbers above add up to 31? think

Re: MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle - 01/16/04 01:18 AM

Yeah, but WHAT kind?? evil ??

Just sent the bitmap of the puzzle. Let's see if that jogs the memory. laugh
Posted By: Gamehound

Re: MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle - 01/16/04 01:23 AM

There's a cheat for this puzzle...

Spoiler Below....

Click in the corner of the screen until the entire puzzle auto-completes itself. After, remove one tile then replace it with the correct tile color. Finished. smile

Gamehound

Re: MOTM....Gray Tile Puzzle - 01/16/04 02:07 AM

Hi BB,

The BEST KIND!

Thanks for the screen capture - Ok, let's say column #8 has 6, 14 means that there are 6 continous black tiles and then space(s) then 14 continous tiles. Where those spaces(grey-white tiles) are and how many you have to deduce.

Good luck!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community